The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Savannah Marshall - Should go on to be the greatest of alltime..

3 posters

Go down

Savannah Marshall - Should go on to be the greatest of alltime.. Empty Savannah Marshall - Should go on to be the greatest of alltime..

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 16 Jul 2022, 8:57 pm

Not a great fan of Women's boxing...But I've seen them all...Leila Ali...Shields...Martin...Taylor...But I haven't seen anybody that owns the ring like this girl..

Greats in every sport seem to have more time...A commanding presence..and an ability to make it look easy...

Marshall has the ability to pressure without doing much like Azumah Nelson...Picks her shots and goes straight like Michael Nunn and is big and huge at her weight...Also has an arrogant looking easy style and presence like big George.

I think she beats Shields comfortably and she can only get better after that..

What a terrific talent.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Savannah Marshall - Should go on to be the greatest of alltime.. Empty Re: Savannah Marshall - Should go on to be the greatest of alltime..

Post by Soul Requiem Sat 16 Jul 2022, 9:52 pm

I'm hoping Marshall wins and think she can, the power difference between the two is huge and in the pros that matters. I have little time for Shields, self proclaiming as the GWOAT is a bit pathetic especially when you're not even the P4P number one.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Savannah Marshall - Should go on to be the greatest of alltime.. Empty Re: Savannah Marshall - Should go on to be the greatest of alltime..

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 16 Jul 2022, 10:12 pm

Technically Shields is an excellent fighter - however she's got 2 major issues - she has a real arrogance where she thinks she utterly unbeatable (something Marshall has already done in the amateurs) and the fact she has what Marshall describes as "Pillow Fists".

Savannah is not exactly short of skills herself, but she's one of the hardest punchers in the women's game - and THAT is going to be the biggest difference here. I feel that once Shields tastes Marshall's power (and she will), she'll either not get up or she'll have no option but to fight defensively.

Make no mistake - Shields is worried about this fight. I think all the gesturing, shouting etc will count for nothing once that first bell goes. The size difference is also substantial. As Soul alludes to above, calling herself the GWOAT when there's fighters such as Serrano and Taylor showing her how it should be done leaves a bit of a nasty taste in the mouth.

Mr Bounce

Derek Smalls likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 16 Oct 2022, 1:53 pm

Disappointed with Savannah really...thought like Hearns v Leonard she'd use the jab and reach advantage....But there you go...

Thought Mayer won in the chess match before it.....It's what you see..

Appalling commentary from Adam Smith the girl who beat the 5-16 pillow puncher in the first fight going all six isn't brilliant....Saccarin splurge that comes from this guy is just too much..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down