The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 10 Greatest Boxers of Alltime - Courtesy of "The Top Tens" website !! Agree/Disagree ?

+11
hazharrison
superflyweight
Strongback
AdamT
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
JabMachineMK2
88Chris05
Scottrf
joeyjojo618
TRUSSMAN66
15 posters

Go down

Top 10 Greatest Boxers of Alltime - Courtesy of "The Top Tens" website !! Agree/Disagree ? Empty Top 10 Greatest Boxers of Alltime - Courtesy of "The Top Tens" website !! Agree/Disagree ?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 May 2014, 1:35 pm

1. Manny Pacquiao
2. Muhammad Ali
3. Mike Tyson
4. Ray Robinson
5. Rocky Marciano
6. Joe Louis
7. Roy Jones Jr
8. Julio Cesar Chavez
9. George Foreman
10. Joe Frazier....................

Finally a list that hits the spot..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Greatest Boxers of Alltime - Courtesy of "The Top Tens" website !! Agree/Disagree ? Empty Re: Top 10 Greatest Boxers of Alltime - Courtesy of "The Top Tens" website !! Agree/Disagree ?

Post by joeyjojo618 Wed 07 May 2014, 1:37 pm

Joe Louis too high

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Greatest Boxers of Alltime - Courtesy of "The Top Tens" website !! Agree/Disagree ? Empty Re: Top 10 Greatest Boxers of Alltime - Courtesy of "The Top Tens" website !! Agree/Disagree ?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 May 2014, 1:38 pm

Strongy has him at 6..........I wonder whether he owns the site... Wink 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 07 May 2014, 1:41 pm

"DEFINITELY NO ONE CAN MATCH HIS RECORD HE MAKE A HISTORY NOT ONLY IN BOXING BUT ALL CHAMPION IN THE WORLD HE IS THE ONLY ONE WITH 8 CHAMPIONSHIP BELT, AT THIS TIME NO ONE CAN BEAT HIM, MAYWEATHER HAVE SO MANY EXCUSES HE AFRAID TO FIGHT MANNY CAUSE HE KNEW HE WILL LOST"

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 May 2014, 1:45 pm

Armstrong underachieved as an astronaut so he's not on the list !! Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 07 May 2014, 1:49 pm

I think Sonny Liston would have made the top ten had his career not been derailed by his marriage to Cher.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed 07 May 2014, 1:53 pm

Looks like a list that Haz or Catchweight would have made.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 May 2014, 1:55 pm

If Holmes had managed to capture Moriarty he'd have gone in at 8 !! Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 May 2014, 1:56 pm

Tyson at 3. Prime Tyson would be at 2.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 07 May 2014, 1:56 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Tyson at 3.  Prime Tyson would be at 2.
What beats Prime Tyson?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 May 2014, 1:58 pm

Was peak Tyson better than prime Tyson ???

If Tyson wasn't Gay would he be higher ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 May 2014, 2:00 pm

Scottrf wrote:
What beats Prime Tyson?

The Tyson before Cus died.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 07 May 2014, 2:00 pm

Behind Peak Tyson I asume.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 07 May 2014, 2:01 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
What beats Prime Tyson?

Amateur Tyson?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 May 2014, 2:02 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
What beats Prime Tyson?

Amateur Tyson?

The Tyson that fiddled with Teddy Atlas's daughter.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 07 May 2014, 2:17 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
What beats Prime Tyson?

Amateur Tyson?

He touched her butt apparently. I realise you don't care, I don't if I'm honest, but just wanted the days I have spent reading his biography not to be a complete waste.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 May 2014, 2:19 pm

Rowley wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
What beats Prime Tyson?

Amateur Tyson?

He touched her butt apparently. I realise you don't care, I don't if I'm honest, but just wanted the days I have spent reading his biography not to be a complete waste.

And Atlas put a gun to his head? Bit sensitive isn't he.

I'd turn a blind eye if someone touched one of my daughters on the butt.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 07 May 2014, 2:26 pm

Manny is rightfully number one. Manny is that great, he once fell asleep during a fight with a rival.

I also hear, Mayweather has Manny Pacquaio bed sheets.

Manny is an 80 divison champion and could beat both Klitscho sisters at the same time.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 07 May 2014, 2:31 pm

Rowley wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
What beats Prime Tyson?

Amateur Tyson?

And Atlas put a gun to his head?  Bit sensitive isn't he.  

I'd turn a blind eye if someone touched one of my daughters on the butt.

She was about 14 at the time, apparently he did not put a gun to his head, he kind of waved it in his direction.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 May 2014, 2:33 pm

Did Tyson wave back ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 07 May 2014, 2:36 pm

I'd take a lot of that book with a pinch of salt.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 May 2014, 2:40 pm

Scottrf wrote:I'd take a lot of that book with a pinch of salt.

So would Tophat with extra fries !! thumbsup 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 May 2014, 2:43 pm

Look at you getting all brave now TopHat has left.

Was this list put together by D4?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 May 2014, 2:45 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Look at you getting all brave now TopHat has left.

I know It's nice not to get "Owned" every day....

I feel like Hugh Jackman in Wolverine again !! Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 07 May 2014, 2:51 pm

What happened to Tophat?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 May 2014, 2:53 pm

He has a new job. Can't come on here as much.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 07 May 2014, 2:56 pm

1.Ray Robinson
2.Muhammad Ali
3.Henry Armstrong
4.Harry Greb
5.Sam Langford
6.Ray Leonard
7.Roberto Duran
8.ezzard Charles
9.Willie Pep
10.Julio Cesar Chavez.

I will probably put Mayweather on this list if or when he beats Pac Man and maybe another young challenger.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 May 2014, 3:00 pm

When I asked a moderator........I was told he'd been banned........CS is grieving !!

Good list.......Adam..

Chavez is a joke mind..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 07 May 2014, 3:00 pm

I'd give it a miss if I was you, terrible old thing. I nearly did not bother finishing it, and I finished No Ordinary Joe.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 May 2014, 3:08 pm

Rowley wrote:I finished No Ordinary Joe.

That can't be worse than Oscar's book, surely? Nothing could be worse than that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 07 May 2014, 3:09 pm

Strongback wrote:What happened to Tophat?

His fingers finally got too fat for him to use a normal keyboard. He'll be back on once he has one of those special keyboards that Truss uses.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 May 2014, 3:12 pm

I'm a special kind a guy....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 07 May 2014, 3:15 pm

Rowley wrote:

I'd give it a miss if I was you, terrible old thing. I nearly did not bother finishing it, and I finished No Ordinary Joe.
Oh, I really liked it.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 07 May 2014, 3:24 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Looks like a list that Haz or Catchweight would have made.

Based on what genius?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 07 May 2014, 3:24 pm

Chavez is one of my favourite ever fighters, suppose I'm biased with him but he has got a fantastic record. would love to have seen him vs Duran at lightweight. Duran would of won but that's a cracking fight.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 07 May 2014, 3:26 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Oh, I really liked it.

Just wasn't for me, going to sound like a terrible old prude now but got really bored with the tales of his bedroom shenanegans and what a bad ass he was. The only interesting bit was around his trial and British law had made him remove most of it from the UK edition.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 07 May 2014, 3:54 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:1. Manny Pacquiao
2. Muhammad Ali
3. Mike Tyson
4. Ray Robinson
5. Rocky Marciano
6. Joe Louis
7. Roy Jones Jr
8. Julio Cesar Chavez
9. George Foreman
10. Joe Frazier....................

Finally a list that hits the spot..

Excepting Manny probably the 9 boxing names that the public would be most likely to recognize.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 May 2014, 4:50 pm

Chavez is far better known than Mayweather isn't he.........

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 07 May 2014, 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Wed 07 May 2014, 6:30 pm

Needs more heavyweights on there.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 07 May 2014, 6:47 pm

Zou Shiming goes straight to #1.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectView Wed 07 May 2014, 7:52 pm

Haa finally I got a list that discusses Boxing's top 10 all time, but ain't there a difference between "The best Boxer" and the "The best Pound to Pound boxer" ? coz Mayweather might be the best "pound to pound boxer" of the current generation but he certainly not the best boxer of the era as the title will go to a heavyweight in Klitschko.

Anyways on the list I am surprised to see Manny top it, I haven't seen anylist anywhere which says Manny as the best boxer of all time.

DirectView

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 07 May 2014, 8:09 pm

DirectView wrote:Anyways on the list I am surprised to see Manny top it, I haven't seen anylist anywhere which says Manny as the best boxer of all time.
http://www.thetoptens.com/fastest-boxers/

Pinoys would vote in droves for him to top any list.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 07 May 2014, 8:09 pm

The best boxer is the most talented regardless of size, you'll be hard pushed to find anyone that thinks Wlad is a better boxer than Mayweather, Martinez, Pacquiao, Donaire, Marquez, Bradley, Rigondeaux, Alvarez, Lara, Ward etc.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down