The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighters Who Lost to Fighter They Would Beat 9 Times Out Of 10

3 posters

Go down

Fighters Who Lost to Fighter They Would Beat 9 Times Out Of 10 Empty Fighters Who Lost to Fighter They Would Beat 9 Times Out Of 10

Post by aja424 Wed 8 Jun - 23:52

Examples of when a fighter lost to someone they would beat 9 times out of 10, or at least far more often than not. Max Barr v Braddock and Lewis v Rahman spring to mind.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Fighters Who Lost to Fighter They Would Beat 9 Times Out Of 10 Empty Re: Fighters Who Lost to Fighter They Would Beat 9 Times Out Of 10

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 9 Jun - 1:29

Maybe not quite a nine times out of ten job, but to this day I'm not sure how someone of Chad Dawson's ability managed to lose to Pascal - because Pascal wasn't even impressive in that fight himself. If Dawson had bothered to show up and apply himself he'd have won at a canter.
88Chris05
88Chris05

aja424 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Fighters Who Lost to Fighter They Would Beat 9 Times Out Of 10 Empty Re: Fighters Who Lost to Fighter They Would Beat 9 Times Out Of 10

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 9 Jun - 6:35

Hilton v Hines..
Honeyghan v Vaca
Norris v Brown
Galindez v Rossman
Patterson v Johansson
Tate v Weaver
Rosario v Ramirez
Dokes v Coetzee
Curry v Jacquot
Qawi v Ocasio
Sharkey v Carnera
Starling v Molonares

TRUSSMAN66

aja424 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Thu 9 Jun - 11:28

Tyson v Douglas?, but then again Douglas's personal circumstances alongside Tyson not taking this fight seriously probably had a part to play.
AJ v Ruiz maybe, but I feel AJ wins this fight 7/10, certainly not 9/10.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 9 Jun - 13:49

I think the ones which stick in the craw most are the ones where the losing fighter allows an underdog to beat them mostly through their own doing, which is why I suggested Dawson against Pascal.

In the case of Tyson-Douglas, you could argue (as his biggest fans relentlessly have!) that Tyson wasn't 100% on the night, but Douglas compounded that by having the night of his life and producing a fantastic performance, of which any Heavyweight champion would be proud. I think the biggest factor in that fight going Douglas' way was Douglas' performance. Not sure all that many Heavyweight champions at all could have won nine out of ten against that particular version of him, if you see what I mean.

Whereas Dawson brought the upset loss against Pascal mostly on himself. It didn't take a particularly good performance to beat him.

Another example might be Nunn against Steve Little. Little won that fight not because he was all that great himself - he was just slightly less poor than a very lethargic and complacent Nunn.
88Chris05
88Chris05

aja424 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 21 Jun - 20:11

Leonard vs Duran.....
Thomas v Berbick...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down