The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murray - You Won Queens, But You Won't Win Wimbledon

+30
masterplanl
beeman
daraghj82
consigliare
monty junior
boromir
letigre
lydian
ironclad
erictheblueuk
Calder106
camerajuan
Tom_____
dummy_half
super_realist
superochog
Davie
socal1976
Boston Exile
braveheart101
legendkillar
CaledonianCraig
Josiah Maiestas
pauline1981
Mad for Chelsea
Enforcer
sportslover
yummymummy
BigSal
ROBBO_WONT_BE_CHAMP_AGAIN
34 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Murray -  You Won Queens, But You Won't Win Wimbledon - Page 4 Empty Murray - You Won Queens, But You Won't Win Wimbledon

Post by ROBBO_WONT_BE_CHAMP_AGAIN Mon 13 Jun 2011, 3:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well Andy Murray just celebrated like he had won a grand slam title. SO what he wins Queens again, but the fact of the matter is he will not win Wimbledon. He will never win a Grand Slam, cos he isnt good enough.

If he plays Fed, Rafa or Novak they will destroy him.

ROBBO_WONT_BE_CHAMP_AGAIN

Back to top Go down

Murray -  You Won Queens, But You Won't Win Wimbledon - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray - You Won Queens, But You Won't Win Wimbledon

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 06 Jul 2011, 5:39 pm

I can handle debate yummy, you are welcome to debate tennis back...

Free Speech forever thumbsup
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Murray -  You Won Queens, But You Won't Win Wimbledon - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray - You Won Queens, But You Won't Win Wimbledon

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 06 Jul 2011, 5:46 pm

You aren't exactly debating though are you Josiah or even discussing other tennis players. You are just on a mission to slag off Andy Murray on any thread that crops up involving him. Hardly smart and hardly constructive or adding anything to the forum apart from bad feelings.

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Wed 06 Jul 2011, 5:46 pm

There is no point in "debating" with you JM

You'll only trot out the tried and tested *ABM* arguement.

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Wed 06 Jul 2011, 5:47 pm

OK CC

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Wed 06 Jul 2011, 5:47 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:You aren't exactly debating though are you Josiah or even discussing other tennis players. You are just on a mission to slag off Andy Murray on any thread that crops up involving him. Hardly smart and hardly constructive or adding anything to the forum apart from bad feelings.

Well stop feeding him Craig - these guys are ten a penny!

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 06 Jul 2011, 5:51 pm

Funny cause I never said I want Murray to lose, show me where I said that?!

I am debating Craig, you clearly don't know much about tennis if you cannot see that AM plays better in bo3 than bo5.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Wed 06 Jul 2011, 5:58 pm

sportslover wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:You aren't exactly debating though are you Josiah or even discussing other tennis players. You are just on a mission to slag off Andy Murray on any thread that crops up involving him. Hardly smart and hardly constructive or adding anything to the forum apart from bad feelings.

Well stop feeding him Craig - these guys are ten a penny!

These *GUYS* as you put it SL should be removed from the forum - they are only
here to stir up trouble , and they enjoy doing it !

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 06 Jul 2011, 5:59 pm

I'll refer you to my previous post as to Andy's already great achievements in the sport which you can't bring yourself to acknowledge such as greatest British tennis player since Fred Perry, most successful since Fred Perry, one of a handful of a small group of men in world tennis to have played in a semi or better of all four slams, one of the best returners of serve in tennis today (see stats for facts) and so you see so much for me as an Andy Murray fan to be proud of even if he retired tomorrow.

I'll take your advice now sportslover and leave this topic for the less articulate posters.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 6:03 pm

2 finals and 3 semi final places in the last 7 bo5 tournaments. Doesn't quite prove your point. In all of these five he has lost to one of the top three whom I freely admit are currently better players than Murray.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 06 Jul 2011, 6:06 pm

Well he freezes on the big occasion in Slam finals, hardly ever freezes in bo3 set finals... do you understand now?
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Wed 06 Jul 2011, 6:09 pm

thumbsup Calder

WHY is it always Murray that is maligned and ridiculed on ANY
FORUM it would seem? And WHY are the Moderators allowing
it ?

Wumming Spamming etc is NOT supposed to be allowed here
so why is it still happening?

I quote from the pre-606 closure

*it is a thread with NO WUMS*

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 06 Jul 2011, 6:09 pm

yummy... you probably need to get some thick skin, crying over spilt milk raspberry
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 06 Jul 2011, 6:11 pm

I'm not even wumming, that would mean that i'm looking to cause trouble when all I am doing is debating, stop being a baby.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 6:11 pm

Your changing your agrument now. That was not what you were saying originally. Yes he has not played well in the finals he has competed in. However to get to a slam semi you have to win 5 bo5 matches and 6 if you want to get to a final. To say he is not good at bo5 is therefore statistically wrong.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Jul 2011, 6:14 pm

yummymummy wrote:
it ?

1) Disliking a player does not make them a wum.
2) If you have an issue with a particular post please report it to the moderators to look into.
3) If a post breaks the site rules it will be dealt with.

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 06 Jul 2011, 6:17 pm

JM I think your taking too much away from the players that beat Murray in the GS finals. I don't think Murray froze, I think he got his tactics wrong.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Wed 06 Jul 2011, 6:22 pm

Y I Man wrote:
yummymummy wrote:
it ?

1) Disliking a player does not make them a wum.
2) If you have an issue with a particular post please report it to the moderators to look into.
3) If a post breaks the site rules it will be dealt with.

All I can say is 🤦

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 06 Jul 2011, 6:23 pm

Well yummy, if this site was run by your rules... there would be nothing to debate. Ever.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline1981 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 8:35 pm

Murray good at queens

pauline1981

Back to top Go down

Post by consigliare Wed 06 Jul 2011, 8:37 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Well yummy, if this site was run by your rules... there would be nothing to debate. Ever.
The only debate allowed would be whether Muzza was the GOAT sportsman ever, or just the GOAT tennis player.

consigliare

Back to top Go down

Post by masterplanl Wed 06 Jul 2011, 8:53 pm

His play this year showed that he can go deep into the tournament on any surface,but it also showed that if he miss one of those absolutely-can't-miss shots he simply cracks in a way I've rarely seen in any sport...so simply,it's mentality and approach to every game and point that must be enhanced,and maybe to start using that deep,flat FH a bit more...

masterplanl

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Wed 06 Jul 2011, 9:07 pm

consigliare wrote:
Josiah Maiestas wrote:Well yummy, if this site was run by your rules... there would be nothing to debate. Ever.
The only debate allowed would be whether Muzza was the GOAT sportsman ever, or just the GOAT tennis player.

Who are you and what do you do sunshine.

Tell us?

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Jul 2011, 9:11 pm

Hello SL,

Is it sunny in Edinburgh?

emancipator - official 606v2 weatherman

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Wed 06 Jul 2011, 9:13 pm

Well, all murray detractors will shut up when he will come shaven on the courts of flushing meadow and will beat the hell out of his opponents.Very Happy

David Lloyd has sorted it out for Murray.clap
Come on Murray.

Cometh the August and Murray will be the champion. king

Last edited by wow on Wed 06 Jul 2011, 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Jul 2011, 9:14 pm

Hello

Very Happy

Can we keep it friendly and on topic please guys.

ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Wed 06 Jul 2011, 9:18 pm

emancipator wrote:Hello SL,

Is it sunny in Edinburgh?

emancipator - official 606v2 weatherman

What planet are you on tonight weatherman?

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:08 pm

Weather up near Edinburgh is now settled after loads of rain earlier 8)

Masterplanl the cave in for nearly two sets after missing one shot is what disappointed/worried me.

Liked Murray's response to David Lloyd.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:28 pm

Calder106 wrote:Weather up near Edinburgh is now settled after loads of rain earlier 8)

Masterplanl the cave in for nearly two sets after missing one shot is what disappointed/worried me.

Did you notice that Murray came clean shaven for that press meet?
This Llyod guy is hilarious.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:29 pm

Sportslover -

So bitter Cry
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:30 pm

Calder106 wrote:Weather up near Edinburgh is now settled after loads of rain earlier 8)

Murray on Lloyd - "I think he should stick to what he does best and that's building leisure clubs"

Don't think he thought much of him as the Davis Cup Captain by the sounds of it either!

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:31 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Sportslover -

So bitter Cry

What's is the weather like in Palestine Josiah?

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by consigliare Thu 07 Jul 2011, 8:45 am

sportslover wrote:
consigliare wrote:

Who are you and what do you do sunshine.

Tell us?
I am Richard, and I am on the dole sitting in my mothers basement.

Is that what you're getting at because I'm not onboard with the Murray love in? I'll play along then, champ.

consigliare

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 07 Jul 2011, 10:56 am

I don't know what the drama is all about, Murray is a really good player but not quite as good as a two or three others. So what, that's a pretty good place to be.

As for David Lloyd, Murray is right to slap him down - what's he ever achieved except making a lot of money out of sports facilities (well done of course)?

As for freezing in finals, I think his best effort was actually in the USO 2008 but Federer was fighting for his year there and came up with a surprisingly attacking game. Murray competed well and was unlucky not to go a break up in the 2nd set when Feds drive was out on break point but the rally went on. AO 2010 was very competitive until Fed went on a bit of a tear from the end of the 1st through most of the 2nd, and I agree that against Nole in AO 2011 he was bad.
So not a good haul, but that's 3 more finals than anyone's been making for ages.

I used to dislike Andy but I've come around to him, he's a good lad and a good player and he's correct to scorn certain former none-achievers. I hope he doesn't fall out with Henman though, as he's the only one who I think really deserves serious respect.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu 07 Jul 2011, 11:12 am

Murray is in my view as good as Nadal if not better. But he is hardly ever fit cause he puts too much strain on his body by working too hard. He was never a natural mover and though he is quicker than anybody almost, he tends to injure himself more easily. His big frame doesn't help.

Not being able to move 100% in that semi final pushed him in going for risky shots. It worked for a set and a half but after that he was clearly slower preventing him even to take reasonable risk.

In the first set he was hitting very good inside out FH, or along the line. But in the remaining 3 sets he was only going cross court and that I think is because he feared Nadal's FH which was going to make him run more than he could then. I was wondering then why was he not using the insideout FH any longer and clearly that was to avoid having to run too much. PLaying Nadal's BH limited his grounds covering as Nadal goes CC from that side 90% and his along the line BH is not so pacy.

Anyone wacthing the match again will see the obvious physical impediment.

Last edited by Tenez on Thu 07 Jul 2011, 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Thu 07 Jul 2011, 11:24 am

Compliments indeed from two Federer fans.

As for consigliare aka Richard- suggest you need to get out of that basement and look for a job!

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Thu 07 Jul 2011, 12:37 pm

Bogbrush Agree with most of what you say above. Even though he didn't play well in the AO final when you see what Djokovic did in the earlier rounds of that slam and what he has done since then maybe it was just that Nole was playing too well and would have hammered anyone it that final.

Don't think Murray will fall out with Henman as he has always said that he respects Tim and what he did in his career.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by droogle Thu 07 Jul 2011, 12:52 pm

wow wrote:Well, all murray detractors will shut up when he will come shaven on the courts of flushing meadow and will beat the hell out of his opponents.Very Happy

David Lloyd has sorted it out for Murray.clap
Come on Murray.

He needs Gillette. It's the best a man can get.

droogle

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Thu 07 Jul 2011, 1:28 pm

He said last week that a Federer like contract with Gillette was not very likely. Wonder why. Wink

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4