The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chisora v Parker...PPV really ???...11 defeat trialhorse vs Average stinker..

+2
Herman Jaeger
TRUSSMAN66
6 posters

Go down

Chisora v Parker...PPV really ???...11 defeat trialhorse vs Average stinker.. Empty Chisora v Parker...PPV really ???...11 defeat trialhorse vs Average stinker..

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat May 01, 2021 8:49 am

Alphabet title....No..
Top draw talent...No...
Any Value in winning..Not really...Whoever loses sticks around like a bad smell..

Lost for words really....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Chisora v Parker...PPV really ???...11 defeat trialhorse vs Average stinker.. Empty Re: Chisora v Parker...PPV really ???...11 defeat trialhorse vs Average stinker..

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat May 01, 2021 9:46 am

Haven’t bought a Sky ppv in years  and this is another in a long line of  non-worthy Sky ppv events. It’s a decent fight Chisora/Parker but personally  I’m very interested in one fight on the card- the Bivol/Richards fight. Richards is one of those that looks like he really enjoys fighting and I’m confident and hopeful  he’ll give a good account of himself tonight. Never seen Bivol before either but not sure he beats Beterbiev. Maybe Beterbiev would destroy him. Are there any alternative ways to watch? Could I at the last minute actually pay for this one even though it’s not worth it?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Chisora v Parker...PPV really ???...11 defeat trialhorse vs Average stinker.. Empty Re: Chisora v Parker...PPV really ???...11 defeat trialhorse vs Average stinker..

Post by Guest Sat May 01, 2021 10:28 am

Chisora seems like an absolute moron. Crying about walking to the ring first. This clown has like 10 losses and yet he’s still on PPV. Beggars belief. Parker should win easily.
Bivol is technically very good but is fairly small at 175, supposedly he can also make 168. Beterbiev is a slugger but Bivol would outbox him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat May 01, 2021 11:28 am

Chisora would love to add Parker to his win column but Parker got the edge in skills

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Sat May 01, 2021 2:02 pm

IMO Chisora vs Parker is very likely a Parker win by stoppage in the later rounds.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sat May 01, 2021 7:09 pm

I get the impression that Eddie has been struggling to sell this abomination of a PPV card, and that the whole dispute over the ring walks might have been a confected, last-ditch effort to drum up some interest and 'hype'. Bivol is the only really top fighter on this bill, and even he is fighting a guy stepping up from domestic level for the first time.

That said, I'm still more interested in seeing that than I am watching Chisora try to maul, low-blow and foul his way through again. I respect Chisora as a good divisional gatekeeper but it's a bad joke that in 2021 he's topping 'big' bills and commanding PPV status.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat May 01, 2021 8:12 pm

I scored that a draw, Bivol not really getting through with much

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sat May 01, 2021 8:58 pm

Was going to pen an article on a possible Beterbiev-Bivol showdown as 175 has always been my favourite division and they are the two clear standouts there. Sadly I don't see the fight happening any time soon, but as it's been mentioned above....

I have my reservations about Beterbiev despite his impressive power. Aside from the Kölling fight (and let's be honest, Kölling offered nothing offensively and was looking to just survive) his defence has been a bit leaky and Gvozdyk was giving him a very good contest until he wilted - of course you have to give credit to Beterbiev for breaking him down and sapping his will, mind you.

But I've noticed with Beterbiev that whenever his opponent does have the nerve to open up, he's never in position to counter. His defends with the high guard and moves back but you just know that in those situations, you can throw three or four shots at him without worrying what's coming back in return.

Beterbiev looks like he can't fight going backwards to me so I'd be interested to see how he does when someone can keep him at range or, better still, push him back. Despite his amateur pedigree I think he's always looked a relative flat track bully in the pros, albeit a very good one.

Bivol on the other hand is very technically sound and is right up there as having one of the best defences in the sport. Could definitely see him outboxing Beterbiev and comfortably beating him to the punch.

There are some caveats, though. As Jeff Navarro mentions above, he looks a bit undernourished as a Light-Heavyweight. When he fought Joe Smith it looked like he was fighting a guy a couple of divisions higher than him by the time they were in the ring (I'd be interested to know how much Smith weighed after rehydration).

Also I wonder about Bivol's chin. Smith is one of the most bang-average title holders in the sport right now, and he hardly landed a decent shot on Bivol all night...But tellingly, on the two occasions he did, he definitely hurt Bivol on both occasions, and in fact Bivol was a shade fortunate that one of those instances came right on the bell to finish round 10, because it definitely shorted his senses somewhat and he looked a bit disoriented on his way back to the corner. Who's to say what might have happened there if Smith had another 30 seconds or so in the round.

Also, while Bivol's defence and technique are very impressive, they're not going to get the casual fan on the edge of their feet and they've not bee tested against any really top class offensive fighters yet. Barrera lost interest after a few rounds, Chilemba boxed very negatively against him and Smith like I said is big, strong and willing, but technically very average. His punch stat numbers against Bivol made for almost comical reading.

Both Beterbiev and Bivol have questions hanging over them - it's so frustrating that they are both pretty much the ideal test for each other to tell if they're the real deal, but there's no real indication they'll be squaring off soon.

Would love to see it. Very intriguing and near the top of my wish list. Instead I think Smith will be fed to Beterbiev so Artur can claim another portion of the title.

Last edited by 88Chris05 on Sat May 01, 2021 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 01, 2021 8:59 pm

Bivol won that easily 117-111/116-112 was my score. The sky commentators are woeful. Bivol blocked pretty much all off Richards’ best shots.

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat May 01, 2021 11:20 pm

I’m not sure he can beat Beterbiev on that performance

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 01, 2021 11:43 pm

Chisora dropped Parker after 7 seconds off the first round

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat May 01, 2021 11:54 pm

Parker up now

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2021 12:00 am

Joseph Parker wins by SD - 116-111 115-113 113-115

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2021 12:01 am

Parker when he actually lets his hands go is very skilled. Shame he rarely goes on the front foot.
Parker vs Whyte 2 should be next.

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun May 02, 2021 12:02 am

Good fight

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Sun May 02, 2021 9:43 am

Some are saying Parker got a "lucky" decision against Chisora with one judge scoring it 116-111 to Parker despite Parker being knocked down in the first round (8-10 round).   Some are suggesting Parker being younger (29) and a former world heavyweight champion is more marketable and has more of a future in boxing compared to Chisora who is 37 and who came into the fight with ten losses.

Some are saying the same about the Ruiz vs Arreola fight, with Ruiz getting knocked down in the second round but winning the fight on points.   Ruiz was carrying less excess weight than what he was carrying when he fought AJ in the first fight (256 lb compared to 268 lb at weigh in).
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun May 02, 2021 10:58 am

Chisora losing a decision and then complaining afterwards that he was robbed was always a likely scenario here.

To be honest even the knockdown had more than a whiff of a foul punch about it, and allowing for that was hardly anything serious for Parker. Chisora is always hard to get on top of early but once Parker settled down and the pace dropped a bit Chisora got soundly outboxed for the most part. He looked tired later on and all his holding, muscling etc was pretty ineffective. He's only got one tactic in these fights, to try and smother and foul his way through against these guys, shut down their work by making it scrappy and keeping on coming, but it's well worn out now and nobody anywhere near the upper echelons of the division is going to be beaten by it.

Overall Parker's performance was okay. I thought he could have let his hands go a bit more, because he's not bad to watch when he does. Also I think he should have tried to target Chisora's body a bit more. I thought he did some decent body work against Joshua which went unnoticed / unappreciated and if he'd have worked the body more against an already tiring Chisora he could potentially have forced a stoppage, or at least made it even more decisive.

But please, can we have a bit less of Chisora as a headlining star now. He's more than had his run.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun May 02, 2021 11:07 am

Agree with Chris take on Chisora....A multiple lottery winner who is as beautifully managed as Darrin Van Horn...

Let us not give young Hatton a free pass.... Spots on two high profile bills and hasn't fought anyone that has won a fight yet..

Kid looks ordinary....Hasn't stopped any of these timewasters and lacks the menace and relentlessness of Daddy.

Even at such an early stage you should spot signs of potential and I can't see any....

Benn. Jr. Eubank Jr..Khan...Were raw but you saw glimpses.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun May 02, 2021 6:53 pm

I’d like to see Richards/Yardley

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2021 7:55 pm

Thought Ruiz won the fight pretty clearly but Arreloa won at least 3/4 rounds. Some of the scoring in boxing these days is ridiculous.
I thought Ruiz may lose some of his durability but losing so much weight, he was dropped and subsequently hurt in another round.
If he’s really looking to fight Wilder he can’t be taking flush shots to the head.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon May 03, 2021 11:08 pm

Jeff Navarro wrote:Thought Ruiz won the fight pretty clearly but Arreloa won at least 3/4 rounds. Some of the scoring in boxing these days is ridiculous.
I thought Ruiz may lose some of his durability but losing so much weight, he was dropped and subsequently hurt in another round.
If he’s really looking to fight Wilder he can’t be taking flush shots to the head.

Largely agree with this. I had the Arreola-Ruiz fight a shade (and only a shade) closer than the judges had it, but it wasn't close in and of itself. From round four onwards it was relatively plain sailing for Ruiz aside from the odd bit of defiance from Arreola in rounds seven and ten.

Fair play to Arreola, mind you. Lots of people thought he'd just turn up for the payday here, but he took things very seriously, came in at the lowest weight of his entire career and clearly had a gameplan which worked well early on. Landed some very good power shots on the counter when Ruiz opened up. Was really economical with his punch output but in the early rounds was definitely very purposeful and successful with the punches he did let go with. I think in the last couple of rounds he'd accepted he didn't have the means to turn it around or adapt to the change in the fight, and was happy to just go the full twelve, but if he carries on fighting (can't believe he's forty now - where do the years go?) he'll probably get himself another two or three gigs as a Chisora-level gatekeeper for the foreseeable future on the back of that quite creditable losing performance.

Ruiz is a funny one. Came in a couple of stone lighter than he did for his awful performance in the Joshua rematch, which is a good start - there's still a fair bit of weight to go before he even resembles a proper Heavyweight athlete, though. Not sure about his lower weight having any impact on his punch resistance. He can be hit and hurt, but he has tremendous powers of recovery and an ability to quickly clear his head and regroup without having to hold or back peddle to buy time. Showed that against Joshua first time out and again the other night after taking the count in the second round and having his knees buckled a couple of times in the third.

He's got very good hand speed for a Heavyweight, solid stamina and a decent array of shots when he can get close enough to let them go. His jab worked nicely at times against Arreola, too. But he's just so hittable on his way in trying to get into range, which he needs to do to overcome the height and reach advantages most opponents are going to have on him. Also tends to overrate his power and load up when he should be picking shots, because he's not a concussive hitter. He tidied his technique up a bit later on against Arreola but he's really inconsistent about how he tries to set up attacks.

The Wilder fight would be interesting and a bit of a risk for Wilder as his first fight back after that bad Fury defeat. It looks like they're going ahead with it. Safe to say it's almost a guarantee that Ruiz is going to get hit and badly hurt, possibly even dropped at some stage but it would be interesting to see how Wilder copes if that happens and Ruiz gets up, survives the onslaught and starts pressuring him. The loss he took from Fury was one of those ones which often takes a slice of that fighter away with it forever.

Last edited by 88Chris05 on Tue May 04, 2021 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2021 9:39 am

Looks like Wilder rejected the Ruiz fight next. Some reports suggest he’s getting 8 figure step aside fee to allow the Fury Joshua fight.
Ruiz says he’s likely to fight Luis Ortiz instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue May 04, 2021 5:10 pm

Ruiz vs Ortiz could be interesting if Ortiz is fit. I think Ortiz has enough to cause most heavyweights problems - it's just if he trains like Andy did against Joshua the second time around he'll just be a plodding target. I felt that Arreola really trained hard for the Ruiz fight and looked far from a shot fighter. Him against Chisora could be an interesting match-up of former WBC challengers. I'd have Arreola beating him if the same versions that fought on Saturday turns up.

As for Chisora himself he keeps showing that he's a livewire opponent for the first 6 rounds. He's only ever going to get slower so unless he puts his opponent away it's almost a foregone conclusion that he'll lose on points. He's so far from PPV it's painful.

Playing devil's advocate, Hearn needs to make money somehow without selling tickets, so going down the PPV route for "normal" fights goes some way to filling the Hearn bank account. There's a reason he has flash cars, a massive mansion and an awful lot of cash. He's an astute businessman. He's also a character that people seem to hate regardless of how successful he is. Which is pretty much the same as any other hugely successful businessman in the public eye - they're always going to hated by us mere mortals. I don't like Hearn because he's taken boxing into a PPV world where we normal people can't afford to fork out for every fight. But although it pains me to say this, I do see his point of view from a business model aspect.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri May 07, 2021 1:14 pm

D’you see how Richards was better prepared for the world stage than Yarde, got some good domestic wins. You’ve got to come through the levels in this game. Would be very eager to see Richards test his silky defensive skills against the East End slugger

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri May 07, 2021 2:31 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:D’you see how Richards was better prepared for the world stage than Yarde, got some good domestic wins. You’ve got to come through the levels in this game. Would be very eager to see Richards test his silky defensive skills against the East End slugger

Yarde was being ducked by all and sundry once upon a time according to you Herman, until of course he was shown to not be that amazing.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri May 07, 2021 2:42 pm

You keep making things up if it makes you happy, I’m much more of a Richards fan and think he could outbox Yarde but as we know you need to be switched on every second of every minute against the dangerous East ender

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri May 07, 2021 3:45 pm

Something wrong with the sport when you can get a shot at the best in the division when you’ve beaten precisely nothing

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sat May 08, 2021 10:56 am

Richards-Yarde would be a good domestic scrap. Suspect Yarde (and that dolt Tunde) might think they're a level above Richards based on all those browny points he got for going over to Russia and having Kovalev in trouble once in a fight he otherwise lost decisively, though.

The Arthur loss suggests that the showing and near-upset against Kovalev might well have flattered him. Let's be honest we've known Kovalev has been one the wane and losing the battle to the booze for a while, and based on that fight and the loss to Canelo his punch resistance was declining rapidly, too. Although I still have misgivings about just how legitimate that whole Canelo-Kovalev fight was, in a couple of different ways...But that's for another day!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down