The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NXT Takeover: In Your House

4 posters

Go down

NXT Takeover: In Your House Empty NXT Takeover: In Your House

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 08 Jun 2020, 4:54 pm

I thought it was excellent, for the most part. Women’s match in the main event was excellent with Io the right winner.

Not a massive fan of couples storylines, so glad it was only briefly used in the Lee/Gargano match and not the finish. Lee is still excellent.

Balor/Priest was well done. Balor going to NXT has been terrific at every turn.

The opening match was fine, right result. I don’t really enjoy Candice in this role. But she’s been quite stale most of her time there, so it’s worth persevering with to see what works.

Kross was put over really well. Interesting to see Ciampa lose like that. Would have been much more 50/50 booking on the main roster, but on NXT they can book things properly, I don’t see Ciampa as damaged either as it just put Kross over. He was better than I thought he’d be, although I don’t see him ever putting on the classics NXT has prided itself on.

The Men’s title match was alright, did a decent story but kind of disappointing. I don’t think Dream should have won, but I wouldn’t have minded seeing them really go some rather than hiding a lot of their talent in the setting.

The skits were good. Todd was great. Also think Tom Philips was excellent just chiming in on commentary

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

NXT Takeover: In Your House Empty Re: NXT Takeover: In Your House

Post by Samo Mon 08 Jun 2020, 5:57 pm

As glad as I am to see Io win the big one, Im not a fan of Ripley taking the pinfall.

Wins War Games, wins Survivor Series, beats Baszler then taps clean at Mania to Super Charlotte then eats the pin here. The good lord giveth and the good lord taketh away.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by gazzyD Tue 09 Jun 2020, 1:33 pm

I watched last night and at the time I felt a bit let down by it all in comparison to previous NXT takeovers, in hindsight I think I'm letting my thoughts on the NXT title match cloud my vision of the overall show as I enjoyed most of the matches.

Keith Lee and Garagno was a great match and I would have been happy with either winning, Finn is money, the women's title was excellent, Kross looked a beast against arguably NXTs biggest face, and the 6 women tag had Tegan Nox heart

Just that NXT title match. Could, and probably should have been wayyyyyyyy better than what it was given the talent involved. Speaks volumes the best part had nothing to do with either Adam Cole or Velveteen Dream and was when Dexter Lumis dragged the chair underneath the ring before taking out the two UE members

gazzyD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 09 Jun 2020, 2:34 pm

I think the money is in Io pinning Rhea. Much as I find WWE’s use of Charlotte annoying, I think it’s no bad idea to keep Charlotte as something to be above them, in some regards.

And they could barely have protected Rhea more, stuck in a figure eight/four and not tapping as a moonsault hit her.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 10 Jun 2020, 9:43 am

That moonsault was also brutal. Knee straight to the head.

Agree with the sea dweller, money in a Ripley/Io program. And it gets rid of Charlotte you'd hope.

R.I.P Asuka's title reign.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down