The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COVID 19 Fitness (inspired by Northampton Saints Fitness Challenge)

3 posters

Go down

COVID 19 Fitness (inspired by Northampton Saints Fitness Challenge) Empty COVID 19 Fitness (inspired by Northampton Saints Fitness Challenge)

Post by LondonTiger Mon 30 Mar 2020, 11:08 am

Reading the Times on Saturday, seems the lads from Franklin's Gardens have a little competition going. I thought it would be interesting to post it here and see who wants to have a go themselves. I am hugely overweight so initially will probably only attempt 10% of the activity and build up (Have a BMI in the 40s which classes me as morbidly obese, but have lost 10% of my body weight so far in 2020). The only competition is with yourself - but if interested have a go and post your results. You can mock my efforts, but please be supportive of anyone else trying this.

The Challenge

100 squats
200 push-ups
75 step-ups
200 push-through crunches
200 bench dips
200 glute bridges
100 reverse crunches
50 lateral lunges

Exercise Guides

Squats

Push Ups

Step Ups

Push Through Crunches

Bench Dips

Glute Bridge

Reverse Crunch

Lateral Lunge

Last edited by LondonTiger on Mon 30 Mar 2020, 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

COVID 19 Fitness (inspired by Northampton Saints Fitness Challenge) Empty Re: COVID 19 Fitness (inspired by Northampton Saints Fitness Challenge)

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Mon 30 Mar 2020, 12:04 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Reading the Times on Saturday, seems the lads from Franklin's Gardens have a little competition going. I thought it would be interesting to post it here and see who wants to have a go themselves. I am hugely overweight so initially will probably only attempt 10% of the activity and build up (Have a BMI in the 40s which classes me as morbidly obese, but have lost 10% of my body weight so far in 2020). The only competition is with yourself - but if interested have a go and post your results. You can mock my efforts, but please be supportive of anyone else trying this.

The Challenge

100 squats
200 push-ups
75 step-ups
200 push-through crunches
200 bench dips
200 glute bridges
100 reverse crunches
50 lateral lunges

Those were the days that are now a distant memory. My problem is that  still have most of the weight I had when I was in my early twenties, but only half the muscle and 10% of the stamina.

Trying to shift 17 stone through that lot is going to hurt, I will join you and start at 10% of the reps
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

COVID 19 Fitness (inspired by Northampton Saints Fitness Challenge) Empty Re: COVID 19 Fitness (inspired by Northampton Saints Fitness Challenge)

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 30 Mar 2020, 2:45 pm

Split each over several sets and do as a circuit I reckon I can do at least half. Will try this evening if I get chance. I'm in my 30s and in half decent fitness but have two completely shot knees. New job has meant my stamina isn't what it was either.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 30 Mar 2020, 5:00 pm

So, treating the step ups and lunges as that amount off each leg (so double in total). Just did 10% of that amount. Feels like I spent half the time lowering myself to the ground or levering ,yself back up again. Beached whale comes to mind. Any way took a shocking 11 1/2 minutes (Lewis Ludlum is under 30 for the whole lot).

Will aim for 15% tomorrow.

My morning exercise on our local heath is progressing pretty well. Still rubbish distances and speeds, but further and faster than a week ago.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down