The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Proving Grounds are upon us

Go down

The Proving Grounds are upon us Empty The Proving Grounds are upon us

Post by JJJohnson Wed 09 Oct 2019, 7:46 am

THE FOLLOWING IS A 6CW EXCLUSIVE

(We open up the scene in the office of Cillian Frost. The head honcho is dressed in a black shirt and grey waistcoat, a smile on his face as he arranges some papers on his desk, and then the camera pans to show YouTube presenter Brandon Clark sat on the opposite side of the desk, facing the screen with a broad grin)

Clark: What's happening 6CW Universe, it's your boy Brandon Clark here with yet another 6CW exclusive for the 6CW YouTube channel....now run by me and my illustrious team on behalf of this fine gentlemen sat across the desk from me

(Frost gives a nonchalant wave of his hand and laughs)

Clark: Once again, Mr Frost we have to thank you for this opportunity....to be a part of this venture, for us, is a dream come true in all honesty.

Frost: Cillian is fine....and no need for thanks, you're the best at what you do and that is all that needs to be said. Business decisions and not overly difficult to make when you understand how business works.

Clark: Talking of business....you gave me the text to get here with the equipment so I assume there is an announcement afoot?

Frost: Well I'd had several texts from you with questions from your followers...I thought instead of replying and keeping our communications private, why not invite you all up here to get as many details as we can out to the public.

Clark: Sounds tremendous to us...we've been inundated with questions, the return of 6CW has created a serious buzz....where you expecting it to be this big?

Frost: We surveyed the landscape before we made our move, a lot of polls, a lot of studies....you have to do your homework on these things....and the overriding consensus was that the wrestling community was crying out for the return of 6CW. The United Kingdom market is growing exponentially but nobody is seizing top spot.....there is money to be made, this is a business after all, and I've never met anyone who doesn't like money.....if we pay our superstars more they perform better, we attract bigger names, bigger sponsors....we sell out bigger arenas, television deals, merchandise sales....it's not just what you see out in the ring....we truly believe we can go global once more....we know it will take time, I stressed that last time we spoke, but you don't get anywhere without ambition....perhaps our interview showed the fans that we have that ambition...

Clark: I'd say certainly....so do you mind if I get to some of these questions?

Frost: Well, firstly, don't you want to hear the big news?

Clark: Big news?

Frost: Friday 25th October we are going live....

Clark: Seriously?

Frost: Seriously....the contracts are drawn up, every minute detail is now being ironed out and arrangements are being made but we got full confirmation for the go ahead last night and we have a launch date...

Clark: This is huge....

Frost: There were those that maybe believed we wouldn't even get to naming a date but we are way beyond even that....it's locked in....we are ready for the off....

Clark: I'm stoked....my Twitter and Instagram is going wild...

(Clark shows his mobile to Frost, who smiles, and then to the camera where notification after notification is popping up)

Clark: That brings us nicely into my first couple of questions.....man, I can't stop smiling.....6CW is back...

Frost: I haven't stopped smiling since the news came through.....we had a vision and in just over two weeks that will become a reality....it will be a very proud moment indeed...

Clark: So naturally you have the venue sorted? You said we would have just the one for now, a home base?

Frost: That's right....6CW will be returning to its spiritual home here in Glasgow.....this is where it all began and this is where it shall all begin again....we have an exclusive deal with the Emirates Arena to broadcast live every ten days....sometimes our scheduling may mean different airtimes depending on the venue being doubled booked but this is huge news for us....we intend to use our base to grow our brand and Glasgow being a fairly easy location to travel to we believe our fans across the UK will have no problem with attending our shows....

Clark: What is the capacity going to be like?

Frost: For our ten day shows we'll be looking between 3 to 3,500 people.....when we air our specials or pay per views then we are told we'll be able to extend that to between 5-7,000 depending upon desire for tickets....

Clark: From what I have seen on social media I don't think that will be a problem.....so another question we had, this show every ten days....are we going with Anarchy as the name? reverting back to Escalation? Or are we moving in a different direction?

Frost: Whilst we acknowledge those show names and their ties to 6CW, we have decided to move in a different direction. Now trademarks are being worked out as we speak but for the time being all the shows will be referred to in conjunction with the tournament we will be hosting...

(Clark raises his eyebrows)

Clark: Tournament?

Frost: Yes....this is a clean slate for all involved....talent, staff and fans....so whilst there are going to be a few older faces on the roster, there is a high number of new names and we want to introduce them to our audience in the best possible showcase that we can....we have no idea who the best is, nobody does, so we intend on finding out.....our first 5-6 weeks of programming will be geared toward crowning the new 6CW World Heavyweight Champion and we'll do that by running the Iron Man Tournament....

Clark: No way....like they did in EWF?

Frost: The very same....we've made some adjustments but the concept will work in the same respect....our talent will be put through their paces from the get go and at the end only one, the Iron Man, will be left standing and he will be your first World Champion of the new era....

Clark: Now we know EWF merged with 6CW way back in 2013 but with this new start up we all assumed that there would be no direct correlation with EWF....many fans debated that those trademarks and ownerships would have been lost....

(Frost leans back in his chair and takes a sip of water, a smile playing across his lips)

Frost: As I said earlier, you have to understand how business works.....when 6CW went defunct that did indeed break apart the deal that was in place but whether they were directly connected or not the fact remained that they were defunct.....to quote one of the legends of this business "Everyone has a price".....now the owners of EWF and the owners of 6CW weren't exactly straining to get them up and running again, they were sat on the hands, so we made them an offer they couldn't refuse...

Clark: So you own both?

Frost: And a whole lot more....they weren't the only defunct organisations....we hoovered up the lot....

(Clark's eyes widen and Frost merely continues to smile)

Clark: So what exactly does that mean for...

(Frost laughs and waves his hand)

Frost: Let's not get convoluted on it.....this is 6CW.....what we do or don't own is really quite irrelevant.....plans may be on the backburner but then they may not....we just took some steps and made some moves, there is no conspiracy here and nothing to read into it.....in two weeks we'll start the 6CW Proving Grounds to crown the 6CW World Champion in the Iron Man Tournament.....I can see on your face you think there's more to it...

(Clark is laughing, desperate to probe further, but nods his head and returns to the questions on his phone)

Clark: We'll move on....

Frost: Very wise...

Clark: So shows will be in Glasgow....every ten days.....Iron Man Tournament to crown a new world champion....under the guise of the Proving Grounds...

Frost: Well retained....

Clark: A few questions we've had about staff....backstage reporters, the commentary team....any word? Are you keeping faith with what has gone before?

Frost: There'll be some changes....a new vibe, a fresh approach.....Christy James will be back as a reporter, she's excellent at what she does......Jack Reynolds is going on comms with Henry Lloyd and Jeff Thadeus…..

Clark: A three man team....Harold not coming back?

Frost: Harold Lloyd will be part of the Pre-Show panels for all of our special events....he'll be joined by former 6CW employees and superstars, various faces from the industry in general and a few other additions....we've made some additions to the reporting crew.....maybe even you guys can do some reporting for us....

Clark: We'd love to....

Frost: Excellent....

Clark: And what about Michael Bird?

(Frost lets out a chuckle)

Frost: Bird is 6CW.....the veteran voice of the squared circle....he's our Buffer....heck he even looks like a third brother....nobody else can hype a crowd like him....he had offers from every promotion under the sun....MMA and Boxing too....but this is his home and we wouldn't want anyone else....

Clark: Can we talk some more about the roster.....official confirmation came through that Jackson Jackson will be returning....

Frost: One of the hottest prospects in the world today....it was a no brainer, he was hand-picked and trained by Max Adamson...say what you want about Adamson but if he spots talent in you then who are we to disagree....Jackson was a big coup for us....

Clark: 100% agree.....any other names you want to share with us?

Frost: I think once we go live you'll see a lot more names and faces, perhaps a surprise or two.....over the coming days there'll be more announcements on signings and I'm sure plenty more talent doing their own reveals....

Clark: We saw on Twitter that Karl Kramer and Angelo Trust will be making their debuts....enlighten us a little on those two?

Frost: in 16 days you'll see for yourself what these guys are all about but what I'll say is that Trust is a gutsy young kid looking to establish himself in the business, inexperienced but hungry and now he's got a big chance to prove himself....as for Kramer, strong as an ox, built like a tank...I'm looking forward to watching him in action....he'll be a real handful....

Clark: We've seen more rumours.....Liam Wood was mentioned....Perfect Jack, even JJ Johnson....

(Frost laughs)

Frost: JJ Johnson just finished up filming Bad Boys 3.....he's a megastar and whilst I'd love him to turn up and get eyes on our product, I don't see that happening....but then never say never, I've had some interesting conversations over the last few days and whilst our aim was to start out small....the interest has been out of the stratosphere.....16 days, like I said, and you'll see what we have been working on....

Clark: You said you were heading up Consortium X, who own 6CW, but as the front man does that mean you'll be the on air leader of the lockeroom?

Frost: I'm a businessman, first and foremost, I take care of things back here....I sign talent, I make decisions, but I'm not a wrestler and I'm not going to muscle my way in there and start running roughshod.....when I need to step in, I'll step in, but I'll be appointing someone else to handle day to day operations....a General Manager, if you will....

Clark: Any clues?

Frost: Not a single one....

(They all laugh)

Clark: Just finally.....the Iron Man tournament....in EWF they ran with a two group system of four....you said you were making adjustments to your own variation so how is that going to work?

Frost: We are hoping, although not promising, that by October 27th we'll be able to have four groups of four.....the top two from each advancing into quarter finals and so on from there until one remains....but we'll flesh out those details as the first show grows closer...

Clark: EWF ran that tournament over a two day period....but I'm assuming you'll be handling things differently?

Frost: Absolutely.....what EWF did was great but I'm all about protecting my talent and that is a serious toll on their physical and mental health.....the Iron Man tournament will run concurrently through a 6 show basis if my calculations work out.....and during the first four shows we will host a round of matches per group.....eight bouts per card.....moving on until the final....

Clark: You sure you can't give us any more names....16 superstars means you're holding off on quite a lot....

Frost: I think I've given you enough today...the talent know they can come out and make their announcements any time they like....but I'm not a spokesperson....I'm just the man with the pen....

Clark: I'm sensing an end to the interview....

(Frost grins)

Frost: You're very perceptive....I have business to attend to, this business just not sleep and there is still so much to put into place....but keep that phone on you at all times, you're 6CW now and who knows when it might be time to play!

(Clark realises the reference and points at Frost with a knowing smirk, the 6CW Head nodding back as the scene cuts)

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down