The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Trump Presidency

+31
Mind the windows Tino.
the-goon2
Good Golly I'm Olly
Luke
tigertattie
Cyril
Beer
rIck_dAgless
BamBam
TwisT
TRUSSMAN66
Dolphin Ziggler
Afro
kingraf
lostinwales
Pr4wn
superflyweight
the-goon
GSC
JuliusHMarx
Soul Requiem
dyrewolfe
Pie
Luckless Pedestrian
Duty281
dummy_half
Samo
navyblueshorts
It Must Be Love
SecretFly
Pal Joey
35 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 11 Empty The Trump Presidency

Post by Pal Joey Tue 09 Jul 2019, 11:50 am

First topic message reminder :

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:Just between us few on here... I have a feeling the Queen likes Trump.

Don't ask me to explain why but their body language seemed to be in a sort of comfortable harmony when they stood beside each other in June or whenever it was. And I think he quite likes all of that pomp and ceremony... as someone who likes being the centre of attention would.

He's a cross between a court jester and a village idiot so she would love him. Probably lets him run round the grounds with the corgis.

Laugh

Yes... and also the fact that he has just a touch of olde worlde charm (probably brutally drummed into him from the NY Military Academy) despite his apparently frightening unpredictability in this day and age.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 11 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by SecretFly Tue 17 Mar 2020, 11:40 am

Soul Requiem wrote:British mentality- I need all the toilet roll
American mentality- I need all the ammo

If you got all the ammo, it's a dead cert the other guy don't have all the toilet roll. Wise people these Americans. Cool

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 17 Mar 2020, 1:39 pm

480 polling stations in Arizona at the last Primary in 2016 (Still had three hour queues) cut to 210 because of Coronavirus......People in Illinois...Ohio and Florida being told to stay home..

Yet these primaries are going ahead........

Then again older folks generally vote more by mail so as its Biden's demographic I'm sure the DNC have method in their madness..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 17 Mar 2020, 2:50 pm

Boris is polling better laughing
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 18 Mar 2020, 9:49 am

New England being hit hard by the virus and not just physically..

30,000 new Unemployment claims in Connecticut alone in the last 4 days...

US needs a President with radical ideas...It is getting Zombie vs Idiot instead..

Too many People watching the millionaire anchors on CNN and MSNBC..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 18 Mar 2020, 12:58 pm

Trump basically a dead man walking. Presidents don't survive recessions. We're heading into a depression at the rate the market's are tanking. Unfortunately, it isn't just a risk averse tank, the world has effectively come to a standstill, and we haven't even seen the economic data yet.

Worse still for the Orange One, even if he does blame the flame out on the Coronavirus, anyone with sense will play back tapes of him
- Basically underplaying the potential for disaster the virus had, literally moments after the man he'd put in charge had said it was about to get worse
- Saying he was gutting the CDC because those guys "are there if we need them"
- Saying he takes responsibility for nothing when these two quotes were brought up.

All Biden has to do is say "Obama" and avoid saying literally anything else because he's a disaster on the mic
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 18 Mar 2020, 1:02 pm

I can't see it myself Raf, Biden is a gift for Trump and an easy win.

Buttigieg was the only guy I thought could do anything for the Dems.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 18 Mar 2020, 1:08 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:I can't see it myself Raf, Biden is a gift for Trump and an easy win.

Buttigieg was the only guy I thought could do anything for the Dems.

Don't think the Anti-Hillary mob stays home this time since they see Trump as the liberal version of the anti-Christ. Democrats lost the elections on 70k-odd votes in Wisconsin-Michigan-Pennsylvania. In 2018, they basically nut stomped the GOP in all three states. Polling data shows them all reasonably close but I'd think they go back blue. Even if nothing else changes (and I genuinely can't see Biden doing worse than Hillary), Biden wins.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 18 Mar 2020, 2:04 pm

Trump is smart he will hammer home the message..."We will get through this together"...."We.. We..We"

Then in six months time when it's subsiding say we came this far together...Now let's rebuild together..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed 18 Mar 2020, 4:21 pm

The other problem for Trump is that he has put so much store in the Dow Jones as the marker of economic success. Trying to avoid this when it has crashed from almost 30000 points to less than 20000 in just over month won't play well, even if little of the crash is really attributable to American actions (or inactions).

By the time of the elections, we'll (hopefully) at least know how severe the Covid-19 crisis really is, but the damage to the economy will take a long time to recover from.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 19 Mar 2020, 10:31 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Trump is smart he will hammer home the message..."We will get through this together"...."We.. We..We"

Then in six months time when it's subsiding say we came this far together...Now let's rebuild together..
...and if the economy tanks and US heads into a recession/depression by November?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 19 Mar 2020, 12:50 pm

The Economy will be in recession by November that is a given....

I'm suggesting Trump's only chance is to spin Corona as an all in it together episode....If the USA is on top of the virus by November he can say we have come this far...etc.

Looking bad for Trump but the relief of this thing subsiding will be substantial..

He isn't up against Obama either....But for sure even a Zombie Democrat should now be favourite.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 20 Mar 2020, 9:27 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Trump is smart he will hammer home the message..."We will get through this together"...."We.. We..We"

Close. His actual counter attack has been to call this the Chinese Virus and hope it distracts. It might work, I guess, but you'd think he'd respect that there is a bigger issue at hand than nomenclature
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Mar 2020, 2:23 pm

NSU poll..

Trump's handling of crisis....

Approve 51%
Disapprove 40%...

Problem for Trump like Johnson (Con 52..Lab 30..Lib 9) is the virus hasn't led to large scale financial fallout in Apple Pie County......Yet.

It will....

In three months I expect Biden to be looking at a landslide and Starmer to have erased the massive Tory lead..

Unlike Trump Johnson has time on his side.

Trump needs to see real progress by October when early voting kicks in and the head to heads begin.

Or it's Toast with jam.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 20 Mar 2020, 2:57 pm

Trump's still the favourite - owing to his strong base of loyal support - but his chances are dwindling somewhat. If he handles this crisis well then he will win a huge landslide over Biden. Do a bad job and Biden wins by default.

Bit like '82 and the Falklands, really. Thatcher's re-election chances depended on how she handled that particular crisis.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Mar 2020, 4:24 pm

Worth bearing in mind after changes to the Constitution post FDR.....That even in a state of emergency if no Presidential elections take place before January 21 Trump and Pence are out as President and VP and Pelosi becomes President...

The GOP don't have the numbers to amend..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 20 Mar 2020, 4:35 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Worth bearing in mind after changes to the Constitution post FDR.....That even in a state of emergency if no Presidential elections take place before January 21 Trump and Pence are out as President and VP and Pelosi becomes President...

Wouldn't that be something!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 21 Mar 2020, 12:36 pm

According to the UN....Exit poll discrepancies exceeding 4% signify Election fraud.

In three of the bigger states with hundreds of delegates..Final results vs Exit poll show...

California.... Sanders -11%....Biden +15%
Mass........... Sanders -12%....Biden +16%
Texas...........Sanders -12%....Biden. +1

Remember these aren't opinion polls..

Biden leads by 300 as of present...The 13% swing in California alone is the lead cut to 150 in itself...

Vermont exit poll had Biden doing 26% worse than he did..

A poor show....But not surprising in the least....Sadly..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sat 21 Mar 2020, 3:27 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Worth bearing in mind after changes to the Constitution post FDR.....That even in a state of emergency if no Presidential elections take place before January 21 Trump and Pence are out as President and VP and Pelosi becomes President...

Pelosi herself would cease to be speaker in that case too.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 21 Mar 2020, 10:33 pm

Duty281 wrote:Trump's still the favourite - owing to his strong base of loyal support - but his chances are dwindling somewhat. If he handles this crisis well then he will win a huge landslide over Biden. Do a bad job and Biden wins by default.

Bit like '82 and the Falklands, really. Thatcher's re-election chances depended on how she handled that particular crisis.

Putting Thatcher's beliefs to one side she was very smart, hugely capable, and did generally wanted what was best for her country (even if it was her version of what was best and not anyone else's). She was also fortunate in the way things panned out, but she handled that crisis very well. Trump ..... never mind sorry America because the only thing that is going to save you from massive casualties is the low population densities outside of the big cities.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 23 Mar 2020, 9:58 am

President's last virus Press conference... that unusual bit at the beginning about military rescuing a woman that was being badly abused somewhere.  He said more about that at another time.

.....hmmmmmm.  Intriguing.  He doesn't say anything that's not meant for the ears of someone or some group in the particular.  And at the beginning of a Virus = War press conference too.  Pointed.  Hmmmm.  

Maybe Hollywood's Arcangell Hanx will have a comment later from Australia.  I'm all ears. The Hollywood fraternity have been very interesting lab rats to observe recently as they speak in tongues from their isolation spaces.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 23 Mar 2020, 11:01 am

Tumbleweed
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 23 Mar 2020, 11:40 am

SecretFly wrote:President's last virus Press conference... that unusual bit at the beginning about military rescuing a woman that was being badly abused somewhere.  He said more about that at another time.

.....hmmmmmm.  Intriguing.  He doesn't say anything that's not meant for the ears of someone or some group in the particular.  And at the beginning of a Virus = War press conference too.  Pointed.   Hmmmm.  

Maybe Hollywood's Arcangell Hanx will have a comment later from Australia.  I'm all ears.  The Hollywood fraternity have been very interesting lab rats to observe recently as they speak in tongues from their isolation spaces.

I'm sure Hanx has some roadkill to attend to, anyway... Whistle

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 23 Mar 2020, 12:06 pm

Jobless claims in the United States may hit 2.5m this week, and the Dow Jones fell to the lowest it's been in four years. That is; The Dow Jones is now worse off under Trump than Obama. Always thought it was stupid Trump pegged the strength of the US economy to the DJIA, but it's gonna be tough from here. Global pandemic, unemployment, probable recession. Trump winning from here would basically need Biden to be caught using every racial slur in existence and then saying people from middle America are hicks or something. Or the pandemic would have to end in such a way that he'd be riding the wave of an accelerated recovery come November. Not sure how that works though now that the Federal interest rate is down to zero, so unless the Fed starts paying you to borrow more money from them, the tried and tested method of lowering rates to get out of a recession probably will not be the way forward. Government spending is always good, I guess but they cut taxes and are operating at such a deficit I'm not sure they can do this responsibly. Interesting times
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 23 Mar 2020, 3:11 pm

Dear Biden you have been missing for a Week now and some of us believe it is an important time for leadership with Americans passing away in record numbers..

If you could get in touch with the Country known as the USA or if anyone sees Joe can please let him know there is an Election this year and it could be a good time to chip in with some ideas..

US voters would be grateful..

Many thanks...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 24 Mar 2020, 7:29 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Dear Biden you have been missing for a Week now and some of us believe it is an important time for leadership with Americans passing away in record numbers..

If you could get in touch with the Country known as the USA  or if anyone sees Joe can please let him know there is an Election this year and it could be a good time to chip in with some ideas..

US voters would be grateful..

Many thanks...

As I said earlier, Trump is basically in the midst of a nightmare for an election year, and Biden is prone to saying the absolute worst thing possible... Possibly a case of his team telling to shut his mouth and not interrupt his opponent when he's in the middle of making a mistake?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 24 Mar 2020, 11:36 am

His team knows he has serious problems....Obvious why he is being hidden..

Shows how the Establishment is so scared of any change that they knowingly promote a Dementia sufferer over a radical candidate..

The Democrats are a disgrace.

GOP v Dem..

Ultra right vs Right.. Always has been and only a Biden defeat can change it in 2024..When hopefully Nina Turner takes over from Sanders..

Hope Trump gets re-elected...First time I have ever backed a Republican.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 24 Mar 2020, 1:31 pm

Trump coming out and saying he wants everything back to normal by the beginning of April.

Good luck with that one.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 25 Mar 2020, 6:21 am

Luke wrote:Trump coming out and saying he wants everything back to normal by the beginning of April.

Good luck with that one.

The United States will also likely be the new epicentre for the virus come the beginning of April. To say this is unlikely to end well is putting it very mildly.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 25 Mar 2020, 7:04 am

kingraf wrote:
Luke wrote:Trump coming out and saying he wants everything back to normal by the beginning of April.

Good luck with that one.

The United States will also likely be the new epicentre for the virus come the beginning of April. To say this is unlikely to end well is putting it very mildly.

.... for some.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 25 Mar 2020, 7:56 am

kingraf wrote:

Good luck with that one.

America is dive bombing quickly at the moment.

The Chinese numbers are such garbage though, they must be using different parameters than any other country.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 25 Mar 2020, 9:20 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
kingraf wrote:

Good luck with that one.

The Chinese numbers are such garbage though, they must be using different parameters than any other country.

I guess we'll find out when they lift the lockdown on Wuhan. According to official figures, the numbers of new cases has fallen to nearly zero.

If there is another spike once people start moving around freely again, they'll find it harder to cover up than they did first time around (and that didn't last too long).
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 25 Mar 2020, 9:52 am

dyrewolfe wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
kingraf wrote:

Good luck with that one.

I guess we'll find out when they lift the lockdown on Wuhan. According to official figures, the numbers of new cases has fallen to nearly zero.

If there is another spike once people start moving around freely again, they'll find it harder to cover up than they did first time around (and that didn't last too long).
There will be. Only a tiny proportion of China's billions were infected first time around. Only takes a single infected person (internal or international) if R0 is ~2.3-2.5 as they say it is. Add a 7-14 day incubation over that time and you're back to square one(ish). This pandemic isn't going away soon - at all.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 25 Mar 2020, 9:54 am

The recoveries quoted is interesting to say the least, almost 100% of survivors are said to have fully recovered in China now compared to low numbers every where else. I'm not one for conspiracies but this stinks of a cover up.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 25 Mar 2020, 1:07 pm

I've expressed my doubts about their case load as well, but I guess (really, this is just a guess) it is a little bit harder to lie about the death total, and that seems to have also been arrested.

Case loads are basically useless in any case. Most people are asymptomatic, high as as 80% according some sources. Any total case load tally is pie in the sky numbers, which makes mortality rates equally fantastical.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 25 Mar 2020, 1:26 pm

kingraf wrote:I've expressed my doubts about their case load as well, but I guess (really, this is just a guess) it is a little bit harder to lie about the death total, and that seems to have also been arrested.

Case loads are basically useless in any case. Most people are asymptomatic, high as as 80% according some sources. Any total case load tally is pie in the sky numbers, which makes mortality rates equally fantastical.

The French health minister said something with regards to that today, their death total is based upon those who have solely died in hospitals. China has such control over their media that even the total deaths is quite easy for them to cover up I'd have thought.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 25 Mar 2020, 1:51 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
kingraf wrote:I've expressed my doubts about their case load as well, but I guess (really, this is just a guess) it is a little bit harder to lie about the death total, and that seems to have also been arrested.

The French health minister said something with regards to that today, their death total is based upon those who have solely died in hospitals. China has such control over their media that even the total deaths is quite easy for them to cover up I'd have thought.

Possible, I guess, but we can't really do much other than take them at their word. I know they decided on a different definition of a positive case a few weeks ago, but I can't remember if they went from their own definition, to WHO's definition or Vice Versa. Certainly the ball seems to have broken quite nicely for them, though.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 25 Mar 2020, 2:37 pm

What is worth remembering is that China has been here before with SARS etc. We havn't, and its arguable that the USofA can't remember any lessons if they had.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 25 Mar 2020, 3:55 pm

Very sad interview with Biden on MSNBC..Just not there.

Think the idea must be to get the win over Sanders and get him to drop out...

Because to see the former VP looking like this is hard to watch..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 31 Mar 2020, 9:44 pm

Too much of Biden's screen time has been hard to watch for many uncomfortable reasons.

But onward to potentially happier times.

Trump.   Cool

Supposing some of his absolutely most vocal and viciously critical enemies turn out to be his secretive best pals?  Supposing some of the most memorable campaigns against him turned out to be acts in a play he helped write?  Supposing he has bigger tricks to pull out of his hat - like the recent one with the FED?

Hmmmm.  Every barb thrown his way over the last three years was genuine hatred?  Or perhaps some collusionary juice given to the Boss to allow him to perform?  

Greatest showman and most memorable personality thus far in this new century?  For me, without a shadow of a doubt.  Already one of the great figures of this 21st century.  But without question too, he had a lot of expert assistance to carry the movie.... and yep, my scanners suspect some of his arch enemy Hollywooders have been playing stormers too.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 01 Apr 2020, 10:13 am

Trump is under fire and rightly so....Should be a shoo-in for the Democrats....Yet....

Trump....Evens
Biden......11/8.

Last time they picked the only Candidate that could lose to Trump and they seem hellbent on doing the same this time with a struggling Biden..

Guy couldn't even read from his notes on TV last night..

Come on...really ???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 01 Apr 2020, 6:54 pm

New G/C poll out that is quite revealing..

55% of Democrats have definitely made up their minds to vote for Biden in November...

82% of Republicans have definitely made up their mind to vote for Trump..

While Trump trails slightly in the polls the great leveller is that his base is the more likely to turn up..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 08 Apr 2020, 5:32 pm

Sanders has pulled out, basically giving Biden the nomination.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 05 May 2020, 3:50 pm

Typical hypocrisy over this Tara Reade story of Biden groping her....The Me-Too always believe the Woman Liberal brigade after mauling Trump and some of his aids for indiscretions now seem to think you only believe the Male politician when he is a Democrat..

Fancy that...They never surprise you..

Biden looks bang to rights but the media is 90% Liberal....Hope when Trump lays into him when WH20 finally gets going his Wife has plenty of rebuttal because Biden can't remember what he had for breakfast....

What a choice !!!!! Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 05 May 2020, 4:08 pm

The Trump Presidency - Page 11 Brief-History-1160x618

That is all...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 05 May 2020, 4:40 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:The Trump Presidency - Page 11 Brief-History-1160x618

That is all...

Probably better to know more than a handful of Presidents before you post a chart like that..

But it's certainly more insightful than your usually contribution....Well done... thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 06 May 2020, 1:21 am

Your "usually" contribution recently appears to be the posting of personally insulting remarks coupled with intense moaning.

What Navy posted was just a bit of fun. Take it as such.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 06 May 2020, 9:09 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:The Trump Presidency - Page 11 Brief-History-1160x618

That is all...

Probably better to know more than a handful of Presidents before you post a chart like that..

But it's certainly more insightful than your usually contribution....Well done... thumbsup
My pleasure. Did it annoy you? Good. Plenty more where that came from....
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 May 2020, 11:49 am

(Morning Consult)..Who do you trust more to contain the spread of Covid 19 ???

Biden...41%
Trump..39%

(Monmouth)...Would you say the advice Trump has given during Covid 19 is.....

Helpful.......................33%
Not helpful or harmful..23%
Harmful......................42%

In other news Jesse Ventura former Minnesota Governor is in the running for the Green Party slot...Could be a game changer as acquiring a decent poll share like Perot did in 1992 means a slot in the debates....

Clinton wouldn't have beaten Bush without Perot taking share...

Perot got 19% and 20 million votes as an Independent..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 26 May 2020, 1:58 pm

Utah has voted Republican in every election since 64 when Johnson fought the Ultra right idiot Goldwater (Who made Genghis Khan look like Karl Marx)......Now its within the margin of error...

Bad news for Trump......The only so called Toss up States Trump is competitive in are NC and Florida.....

Pennsylvania...Michigan....Wisconsin.....Arizona are all looking bad..

BUT.....Biden is gone and at the moment needs his Wife to talk for him.....So if Trump can get him on to a Debate stage its all to play for still..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 29 May 2020, 8:20 am

In an astonishing twist that absolutely no one could have seen coming, Trump has went full blown Kim Jong Un. Threatening social media companies because Twitter said he was maybe being a tad dishonest, and now threatening to use the military on looters and protesters in Minneapolis.

This is actually quite frightening.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next