The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for Advice

3 posters

Go down

Looking for Advice Empty Looking for Advice

Post by Holymiky Mon 10 Jun 2019, 4:08 pm

Hi all,

Some of you may recognise me from the forum, some probably won't. I frequented the old 606 back in the day, not on the tennis section however, the Wrestling section and Football Sections respectively.

I have also known Hero for a long time if that's any consolation.

I watched the French Open a lot during this years tournament and thoroughly enjoyed it. It inspired me to get involved with it more and start following it on a more grander scale. I wondered though, as the whole ATP tour or the WTA tour is not always televised (to my knowledge at least), i wondered what TV channels in the UK were best to watch it on and or if anyone knows of any official sites that sell a service that i can subscribe to.

Any advice is welcome.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Looking for Advice Empty Re: Looking for Advice

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon 10 Jun 2019, 4:34 pm

Hiya,

I think I have seen you around these forums, certainly the username rings a bell. Always good to have a new tennis fan around.

Re your question, there is an official TV channel from the ATP tour, which shows pretty much all major ATP tournaments (i.e. Masters 1000, and 250 and 500 level tournaments). This won't show the slams or Davis Cup (which are covered by the ITF rather than the ATP), and it's only the men's matches (I imagine the women tour - WTA - has a similar service, but couldn't find it in a brief search). It's $120 for a year's subscription and $15 for a month. The site is here: https://www.tennistv.com/ and you can watch online or via Amazon firestick on your TV.

For UK TV channels, it seems to be split between Eurosport and BT Sport. Eurosport seem to do the men, and BT sport the women. There are also some tournaments streamed on Amazon video. There's this site here - https://tennisontelly.uk/ - which keeps track of what's shown where.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by theslosty Mon 10 Jun 2019, 7:41 pm

Amazon Prime now stream all the ATP masters events and if you want there is an option within Prime to subscribe to Eurosport for a small subscription fee - Eurosport do very good coverage of all 4 Grand Slams. Amazon Prime only costs me £4 a month and I got a deal with Eurosport for just £20 for the whole year.
theslosty
theslosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 10 Jun 2019, 11:38 pm

Thanks guys.

Whats the best source for all of the current updates/information then? The ATP/WTA websites?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down