The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice

2 posters

Go down

Advice Empty Advice

Post by Liam_Main Fri May 20, 2011 11:20 pm

I love playing Snooker and go too my local club for a game normally every week. I've made a 89 break before but the thing I'm struggling with right now is using the rest I only normally pot 1/7 while using the rest which is really poor for my liking.Has anyone got any advice for me,Cheers.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Advice Empty Re: Advice

Post by TwisT Tue May 24, 2011 12:35 pm

With anything it is practice. Obviously you don't need to use the rest all that often in games, so you never really get used to it.

Only thing I can think of is play a couple of practice frames just on your own, and try and use the rest at every oppotunity, even if you would not normally use it in that situation. It is all about getting the feel for it, when it is so different from your cueing action.

Or wear platform boots and add a few inches on your cue. Result...your never need the rest again Smile

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Tue May 24, 2011 3:54 pm

xTwisTx wrote:With anything it is practice. Obviously you don't need to use the rest all that often in games, so you never really get used to it.

Only thing I can think of is play a couple of practice frames just on your own, and try and use the rest at every oppotunity, even if you would not normally use it in that situation. It is all about getting the feel for it, when it is so different from your cueing action.

Or wear platform boots and add a few inches on your cue. Result...your never need the rest again Smile

Thanks for that Twist will take up on it thumbsup Been doing a bit better recently but i'm still not as accurate as I wanna be.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu May 26, 2011 12:47 pm

Just thought of something else. A good mind set. If you think your going to miss every time you pick up the rest then you probably will. Try and be as positive as you can about using it.

Good luck mate

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Thu May 26, 2011 3:57 pm

Cheers twist mate.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content