The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxing at my age!! You never forget.

+13
eddyfightfan
azumah HOF
Lumbering_Jack
John Bloody Wayne
bellchees
Steffan
sweet_pea
compelling and rich
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Young_Towzer
HumanWindmill
The genius of PBF
TRUSSMAN66
17 posters

Go down

Boxing at my age!! You never forget. Empty Boxing at my age!! You never forget.

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 11 Jun 2011, 9:46 am

Thought my Boxing days were behind me..until last night...

Went out with my Wife for a quiet drink (supposedly) anyway we ended up in this bar where there was a band playing (won't name the bar). Anyway to cut a long story short ..some guy out of his head on acid or something headbutted me (God's honest truth) for no reason!! I couldn't believe it...Anyway I just out of autopilot threw some punches and next thing we are split up and he stays in the bar and I get kicked out...British justice!!

I didn't feel a thing although I have slight bruising round my eyes this morning so he must have clonked me good... My pregnant Wife found the whole thing amusing afterwards and said she knows how the guy feels..However she did warn me that best not to do it again unless I want her to have twins!!..

In a perverse way I was proud of myself for my quick reaction and impressive handspeed..I certainly would've won and finished my career with a win....Felt good to feel real adrenalin again...

Boxing at my age!! You never forget..

Maybe that's why Hoppo, Foreman etc have had good success hey...

Going to drop the Industrial Psychology and hunt for a Cruiser title instead!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Boxing at my age!! You never forget. Empty Re: Boxing at my age!! You never forget.

Post by The genius of PBF Sat 11 Jun 2011, 9:51 am

You would certainly fit in with heavyweight scene at the moment. You would make the overweight fat slobs such as Arreloa etc feel good about themselves. Wink

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Boxing at my age!! You never forget. Empty Re: Boxing at my age!! You never forget.

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jun 2011, 9:55 am

some guy out of his head on acid or something
It's comments like that which, when combined with your oft repeated tales of maturity, tend to make me think this is bull**** of the highest order!

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sat 11 Jun 2011, 9:56 am

DAVE667 wrote:some guy out of his head on acid or something
It's comments like that which, when combined with your oft repeated tales of maturity, tend to make me think this is bull**** of the highest order!

Rather grumpy this morning DAVE

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 11 Jun 2011, 9:57 am

Wish it was...But you can believe what you like...

Your opinion means a lot to me as you know..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sat 11 Jun 2011, 9:59 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Wish it was...But you can believe what you like...

Careful Truss...DAVE would demand the admins/mods to ban us both.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 11 Jun 2011, 10:02 am

I know what a brave guy begging for steffan et al to be banned...Real Man isn't he!!

I swear on Rob's life for anyone else than Dave that the above story is true...

I don't lie...never have!!

I am generally a pacifistic kind of guy..but I was proud of myself...

Tony Tubbs handspeed and all Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sat 11 Jun 2011, 10:03 am

The genius of PBF wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Wish it was...But you can believe what you like...

Careful Truss...DAVE would demand the admins/mods to ban us both.

For the love of God, don't start that again.

Congratulations, Truss.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 11 Jun 2011, 10:09 am

Cheers windy....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 11 Jun 2011, 10:10 am

so another words trussss, you were on fightnight and stopped Haye with your 'career mode' fighter ? haha 8) only playing

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 11 Jun 2011, 10:14 am

Had an advantage..think the guy was so far gone I probably would've had a better fight with a punchbag...

Must admit I was more than a little put out by the audacity of him....

I adhered to the Marquis of queensbury ..Kind of all happened so fast.

Won't be going back though..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sat 11 Jun 2011, 10:36 am

TRUSSMAN: Had an advantage..think the guy was so far gone I probably would've had a better fight with a punchbag...
---------
I've been in that situation before Truss. Was walking down Camden high street to euston after a night out - I don't really drink and was as sober as a judge, when this lunatic crossed the road, started shouting abuse at me and swinging this bloody rucksack at me! He was absolutely hammered and I mustve told him to get lost 10 times, but he was determined to clobber me with this bag! I gave him a final warning but he didn't listen and left me no choice but to deck him - I honestly pitied the guy as I put him on the floor. I still felt bad the next day! To make it worse these two huge west Indian guys stood outside a chicken shop saw me drop him and assumed I'd attacked him for no reason and started chasing me down the street! I legged it to euston station and jumped the barriers to safety. You really can't account for the madness of hammered people.

Congrats on your glorious comeback and magnanimous victory Truss, now hang em up for good this time, don't want you carrying on too long.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 11 Jun 2011, 10:44 am

At least you had time to prepare sweetie....The headbutt didn't hurt..

It was just the guy's audacity in doing it......

Whether he thought I was a nice guy and wouldn't respond or a weak link I don't know....

Whatever I hope he's hurting today...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 11 Jun 2011, 11:11 am

im currently arm wrestling champ at work, at works christmas do just gone my superviser challeged me to a arm wrestle. it was tough going untill his arm shattered in 3 places!! thats the last physical violence i occured.

he had to enjoy his whole christmas walking around like he was on a nazi march, unsuprsingly we have both retired from the arm wrestling game. me i went out on top like a lewis, sadly he's more like a ali. still cant bend his arm properly now

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jun 2011, 11:49 am

know what a brave guy begging for steffan et al to be banned...Real Man isn't he!!
......................................................................................
..and yet you're claiming to be a tough guy for beating up someone off his face on drugs. Yeah, you're a real hero. What's the matter, could find someone already unconscious?

"I don't lie...never have!!"
Like I said, you're a real hero, LESCARGO

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Sat 11 Jun 2011, 12:07 pm

had a bit of a street fight the other day, reigned 5 unanswered hooks to the guys jaw and head, then he leaned forward with his head down so i gave him a froch screwing uppercut.... then it was broken up & police were called.

i cannot believe this fella didnt drop to the floor (we were both sober)... but in my defence, the guy had tree trunk legs.
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 11 Jun 2011, 1:02 pm

LESCARGO...

How old are you..run along..I'm embarassed for you..

maybe you punch like sweet pea..sweet pea.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 11 Jun 2011, 1:58 pm

Unfortunalty to Daves severe dislike....im still here Very Happy

Regards

Steffan Whistle

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sat 11 Jun 2011, 2:07 pm

I bet you can find Truss ranked on boxrec in the cruiserweight division now.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 11 Jun 2011, 2:24 pm

"My pregnant Wife found the whole thing amusing afterwards and said she knows how the guy feels"

Er...what? Are you saying you regularly spar your own wife to stop her from butting you or has something been lost in context here?

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 11 Jun 2011, 7:04 pm

I think intelligent posters got the point.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat 11 Jun 2011, 7:31 pm

Did you at least drop him?

I generally consider myself a failure if I dont knock the other guy over/out...

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 11 Jun 2011, 8:02 pm

It was busy.....no room to drop him...Settled for a staggered and a tko.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat 11 Jun 2011, 8:22 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It was busy.....no room to drop him...Settled for a staggered and a tko.

Premature stoppage then TRUSS thumbsup

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 11 Jun 2011, 8:29 pm

prematurely chucked out...that's for sure...

Won't be going out for a quiet drink for a while..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Sat 11 Jun 2011, 8:38 pm

Boy see Davey boy still having a love in with me ole mate Truss!!! Im starting to get jealous even i could only keep it going for a year and a half!!!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 11 Jun 2011, 8:43 pm

i went boxing for the first time last night and feel like i've been run over today

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 11 Jun 2011, 8:43 pm

Even I could only keep it going for a year and a half...

That's why your Mrs left you is it!! Wink

DAVE isn't in your league Zoomy......Fond and not so fond memories of our fallout.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jun 2011, 9:23 pm

Not in my league...aye, the guy quit the boards cos he allowed you to get the better of him...loser. Mind you, you know all about quitting the boards eh TRUSSY. Maybe you two were meant to be together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 11 Jun 2011, 10:46 pm

dave is a very serious character like aint he truss, i mean who is he to suggest you didn't go out and beat up a smackhead?

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 12 Jun 2011, 11:06 am

I knew he'd come back and spit out invective....

Hence the not in your league comment.

Predictable as well as bitter..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 12 Jun 2011, 11:23 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I knew he'd come back and spit out invective....

Hence the not in your league comment.

Predictable as well as bitter..

Never seen someone like DAVE before on a boxing forum...99% of his comments are on the unrelated boxing stuff.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 12 Jun 2011, 11:24 am

How true.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jun 2011, 11:24 am

Pack it in guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 12 Jun 2011, 11:29 am

Apologies YI.. but do scroll to the start of the thread and note who started it..

For future reference...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jun 2011, 11:30 am

It wasnt directed at one individual, its was a generalisation.
Im not saying it again, forget about it, move on, please.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 12 Jun 2011, 11:34 am

You sound grumpy...wasn't you that got the whacking in that bar was it??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jun 2011, 11:40 am

If it was me, you wouldnt have got up from the headbutt Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun 12 Jun 2011, 11:43 am

Come on break it up guys!

Kiss and make up kiss

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 12 Jun 2011, 11:47 am

I took worse in vietnam...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 12 Jun 2011, 2:35 pm

Dont worry about Dave TRUSS he obviously has no class.Anyway its good to hear you are alright after the attack I must admit when I read the article a red mist descended over me, who do people think they are attacking people like yourself. They are jealous of you TRUSS pure and simple they see your class and dignity and wish they had some for themselves. Anyway take care.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sun 12 Jun 2011, 2:45 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I took worse in vietnam...
Should have known better than to go there on your holidays.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sun 12 Jun 2011, 2:50 pm

jimdig wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I took worse in vietnam...
Should have known better than to go there on your holidays.

And bump into Gary Glitter.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Sun 12 Jun 2011, 2:53 pm

I didn't feel a thing although I have slight bruising round my eyes this morning so he must have clonked me good... My pregnant Wife found the whole thing amusing afterwards and said she knows how the guy feels

Wife beater!!!

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 12 Jun 2011, 3:43 pm

only at weekends..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down