The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Test Cricket: Should we worry about it's Future?

5 posters

Go down

Test Cricket: Should we worry about it's Future? Empty Test Cricket: Should we worry about it's Future?

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Sat 16 Feb 2019 - 14:06

Back in late 19th century when Palwanka Baloo used to bowl to English batsmen in nets to get extra money, We stand today where Indian Cricket is at the top of their game.

In the last two to three years almost all matches have yielded results. This is not the case with India only, rather all other teams are providing a good competitive game. Even drawn matches were interesting.

In the last couple of months, we have seen Australia fighting their way to a draw a test match in UAE, England winning a series in Sri Lanka, India winning a series in Australia for the first time, WI showing a return by dismantling powerful English side and SL defeating SA today in one of the most competitive situation.

Test Cricket is not dying. It is becoming better day by day.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Test Cricket: Should we worry about it's Future? Empty Re: Test Cricket: Should we worry about it's Future?

Post by LondonTiger Sat 16 Feb 2019 - 16:30

Yet around the world we have less and less watching.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Test Cricket: Should we worry about it's Future? Empty Re: Test Cricket: Should we worry about it's Future?

Post by alfie Sun 17 Feb 2019 - 2:16

LondonTiger wrote:Yet around the world we have less and less watching.

I think they're still watching , LT. Just more of them on TV and streaming devices...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 17 Feb 2019 - 2:59

I doubt test cricket will exist by 2050. Not enough money to support it, the main focus for players/sponsors/broadcasters etc. will increasingly be T20/50 over stuff, and test cricket will be sidelined as a novelty. Even now, tests are only truly strong in England, with middling support in Australia/India/New Zealand/South Africa.

I hope to be wrong, obviously! I think test match cricket is the greatest game in the world.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Sun 17 Feb 2019 - 3:32

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/television-ratings-star-india-border-gavaskar-australia-india-test-series-kohli-smith/2017-04-13

Theres an audience.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down