The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FIFA Challenge League Homepage III

+11
Dolphin Ziggler
Marky
Take a boo
Azzy
Renege
nadeem2099
BamBam
TwisT
Hero
Fluxy
Afro
15 posters

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

FIFA Challenge League Homepage III - Page 17 Empty FIFA Challenge League Homepage III

Post by Afro Thu 07 Feb 2019, 4:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the FIFA Challenge League

Game uses FIFA 19 version as at 10/01/2019
https://sofifa.com/?v=19&e=159334&set=true

Week 20
Cambridge v Morecambe
Macclesfield v Forest Green
Exeter v Grimsby
Crewe v Carlisle
Lincoln v Mansfield
Colchester v Cheltenham

Match - week to be confirmed
Mansfield v Macclesfield

Links

https://www.twitch.tv/hero606v2

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rzMxThEbVCIiOq_gKOmMqH7WgcsIpYxleuPOWIzg-4Q/edit?usp=sharing

Team_________Manager
Cambridge Utd_________Dolph
Carlisle United_________Fluxy
Cheltenham Town_________Twist
Colchester_________Azzy
Crewe Alexandra_________Nads
Exeter City_________Trebs
Forest Green_________TAB
Grimsby Town_________Fernando
Lincoln City_________Bam
Macclesfield_________Hero
Mansfield Town_________Rof
Morecambe_________Afro

Matches_________Transfers_________Other
Fixtures_________Lawyers_________Rules
Table_________Foreigns_________Press Conferences
Injuries_________Releases_________
Tactics_________Confirmation_________
Results__________________
Cards__________________

Last edited by Afro on Thu 23 May 2019, 9:33 am; edited 61 times in total
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

FIFA Challenge League Homepage III - Page 17 Empty Re: FIFA Challenge League Homepage III

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 25 Sep 2019, 1:05 pm

Domestics were a bind in the last one because it could take quite a while to build a squad you wanted, so selling someone was never really desirable. Further to that, most people had two spots they wanted to improve on anyway, so selling a player you couldn't replace was annoying.

You could always add that selling a domestic gets you an extra foreign for the week

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

FIFA Challenge League Homepage III - Page 17 Empty Re: FIFA Challenge League Homepage III

Post by TwisT Wed 25 Sep 2019, 2:35 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Domestics were a bind in the last one because it could take quite a while to build a squad you wanted, so selling someone was never really desirable. Further to that, most people had two spots they wanted to improve on anyway, so selling a player you couldn't replace was annoying.

You could always add that selling a domestic gets you an extra foreign for the week

Think this is likely to be abused.

I don't think you can force people to do domestics, rather that there has to be a benefit for it. So the reasoning around that idea is good, but I think it is better for it to be an additional cash value than an extra foreign.

I enjoy the haggling element of domestics so wouldn't want to lose that.

Would a reverse of my original idea be better? Two budget pots (foreign and domestic). Making a sale allows you to allocate the money to whatever pot you want. If the domestic pot is weighted as 75% of total agreed budget and foriegns at 25%, wouldn't that mean you are less likely to haggle in domestic deals to a stupid extent? The advantages of making a sale goes up as you can then put the money in your foreign pot.

I think that could work a lot better and is no extra work/calculations. Obviously over time the domestic pot will decrease and you have more in your foreigns. But we could help that by saying any bonuses/lawyers have to go in the domestic pot to try and even it out again.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 25 Sep 2019, 2:55 pm

This also means, thinking about it, that we could start with lower league PL teams and not worry about having Messi and Ronaldo in teams after 3 weeks.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed 25 Sep 2019, 3:01 pm

Essentially you raise money for foreigns through domestics.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 25 Sep 2019, 3:13 pm

Exactly. Just got to decide on...

1) The weighting of both pots out of total budget to start with
2) If lawyers, releases and bonuses go in domestic pot.

For 2) I think bonuses should definitely. Then in two minds about lawyers and releases.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed 25 Sep 2019, 3:18 pm

That and having someone to actually run the games on FIFA and Twitch Laugh
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 25 Sep 2019, 3:20 pm

Afro wrote:That and having someone to actually run the games on FIFA and Twitch Laugh

Very true Laugh

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Wed 25 Sep 2019, 3:27 pm

I do think all this will do is massively force the price of domestics up, and mean we're forced into paying massively over the odds for players worth a fraction of the price being demanded. No-one will ever want to part with a good player domestically because it'll be much harder to buy from without the league.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed 25 Sep 2019, 3:37 pm

Azzy wrote:I do think all this will do is massively force the price of domestics up, and mean we're forced into paying massively over the odds for players worth a fraction of the price being demanded. No-one will ever want to part with a good player domestically because it'll be much harder to buy from without the league.

Surely it will be supply and demand. If you want to sell a player to buy a replacement in foreigns, it will need to be at a price that someone will buy domestically. Yes, in demand domestic players will probably be more expensive, but that surely reflects the real market
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 25 Sep 2019, 3:37 pm

Yep.

If you don't sell you can't improve your team through forieigns. So would have thought it would have the opposite effect......actually lead to more sales and less likely to add a stupid add on value for your player.

Last edited by TwisT on Wed 25 Sep 2019, 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed 25 Sep 2019, 3:38 pm

Bearing in mind that if you sell domestically, you can replace through foreigns
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed 25 Sep 2019, 3:47 pm

TwisT wrote:

For 2) I think bonuses should definitely. Then in two minds about lawyers and releases.

On this, it could be split on the same weighting as the initial budget split
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 25 Sep 2019, 3:52 pm

May get a bit difficult then (thinking of the percentage we add and take away from them initially)

My first instinct is releases you can allocate in any pot and lawyers go in domestics. If you want to release loads of players (taking into effect the minus 25% value) to spend on forieigns then so be it.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Wed 25 Sep 2019, 4:29 pm

What about treating lawyers offers sold as domestics? So if someone sells them through lawyers, the next manager can buy them at normal price without using a foreign?

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Fri 27 Sep 2019, 1:33 am

Last edited by Trebs on Fri 27 Sep 2019, 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Fri 27 Sep 2019, 1:34 am

Trebs wrote:Couple of late night thoughts, just thinking out loud.

For me the bigger problem is that using transfermarkt for all foreign fees means that some players are underpriced and people will always exploit that. That is the critical issue.

Locking values doesn't work unless it's permanent (which I think could work)

Lawyers fees can only be spent on domestic transfers?

Azzy's idea of lawyers being available as domestics will help definitely.

If we start with PL squads full of players we've actually heard of there'll be a lot more domestic deals.

Submit squads -  Same tactics used in all your team's games in that rotation.
Two groups of four (assuming eight teams)
Do a cup final for the winners of each group and a game between the 2nd place teams to determine 3rd and 4th.
Total of 14 games per cycle, and you could get on with the next rotation whilst waiting for the fifa games to be completed.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 27 Sep 2019, 9:14 am

Not one for me sorry.

I'd be interested in a FIFA league like the other one, but with higher starting teams and a few tweaks to encourage domestics.

Not sure how Azzy's team encourages domestics. Surely its just a foreign by another name, but doesn't come out of the foreign allowance. I can only see that that will hinder domestics.

I would have a normal budget and a foreign budget, with foreigns only being able to be bought from that foreigns pot.

Lawyers proceeds go into the normal pot; bonuses, domestic and releases proceeds go into the foreigns pot

And if you did that, I wouldn't bother with locking valuations at all, as the profits will go into domestics pot and be spent in the league
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 27 Sep 2019, 9:19 am

Trebs wrote:

For me the bigger problem is that using transfermarkt for all foreign fees means that some players are underpriced and people will always exploit that. That is the critical issue.

I also don't think this is a real issue at all. In the FIFA league, the "undervalued" players were mainly due to their age.

They were either older, in which case they proved to be ineffective when we played with better teams in the first league, so their valuation was fair, or they were young, which tended to be reflected in their FIFA rating as well. Given that we were updating the FIFA version once a season, their rating stayed low for quite a while too
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 27 Sep 2019, 9:47 am

Afro wrote:Not one for me sorry.

I'd be interested in a FIFA league like the other one, but with higher starting teams and a few tweaks to encourage domestics.

Not sure how Azzy's team encourages domestics. Surely its just a foreign by another name, but doesn't come out of the foreign allowance. I can only see that that will hinder domestics. Agree

I would have a normal budget and a foreign budget, with foreigns only being able to be bought from that foreigns pot.

Lawyers proceeds go into the normal pot; bonuses and releases proceeds go into the foreigns pot, domestics can go into either pot

And if you did that, I wouldn't bother with locking valuations at all, as the profits will go into domestics pot and be spent in the league - Agree 100% and my tweak encourages a sale of those players that have had increases. The only way you can get a benefit from the increase is to sell domestically so it could potentially be put into the foreign pot.

Tweaked it above as I think if you do it your way, you are less likely to get those domino type domestic deals (x goes to team A, meaning y goes to team b, and z to team c)

I like it, but needs others to run it if it is a Fifa league. I also would much prefer it to be a Fifa league as a normal tactics based one just doesn't appeal.

I also like to restrict it to a small group of managers. Max of 6. If we get more I propose a 2nd league set up with a different Fifa runner. So as to not swamp 1 guy.

6 teams with 2 home and away matches. That's 20 weeks in a season. 3 games per week.

If we have more than 1 league we could do a European competition at end of season or something (top 2 in each league maybe).

I don't think it is fair to have more managers in a league than that as it is time consuming for 1 guy to set it all up.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Fri 04 Oct 2019, 4:37 pm

I'd be up for a new league.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 28 Nov 2019, 1:38 pm

While we wait for the new league to start....

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/football-quiz-can-you-name-top-goalscorers-last-10-europa-league-seasons

Few names that might be remembered in these leagues.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 01 Apr 2020, 4:37 pm

randy

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 01 Apr 2020, 8:31 pm

We were years ahead of the time
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17