The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Usyk V Bellew

+7
Herman Jaeger
No name Bertie
owen10ozzy
Fernando
Mr Bounce
Nathaniel Jacobs
SweetScience
11 posters

Go down

Usyk V Bellew Empty Usyk V Bellew

Post by SweetScience Sat 10 Nov 2018, 5:49 pm

Predictions?

I can’t see anything other than an Usyk win. Bellew to be stopped on his feet round 6.

SweetScience

Back to top Go down

Usyk V Bellew Empty Re: Usyk V Bellew

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Sat 10 Nov 2018, 9:02 pm

Usyk should win easily. He's beaten all the top tier guys at 200lbs. Whereas Bellew won a vacant belt against a nobody a few years ago. Then ducked Briedis.

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 10 Nov 2018, 10:41 pm

Bellew to get beaten up. And easily. Usyk will barely break sweat in this. I reckon it'll get stopped on cuts in about 8 rounds. It'll be one-sided and Bellew will hardly lay a glove on him.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 10 Nov 2018, 11:13 pm

This prediction ain't going well so far Bouncey Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Nov 2018, 11:18 pm

Usyk turning the screw now

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 10 Nov 2018, 11:21 pm

Bellew suffering now. On the plus side Usyk won't knock him out so only needs a good shot to fluke a win now  Usyk V Bellew 3559488474

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 10 Nov 2018, 11:23 pm

Well I got the round right...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Sat 10 Nov 2018, 11:24 pm

Bellew proved he's a bum. No legacy. No respect. The coward ducked Briedis. Now got put in his place by Usyk.

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sat 10 Nov 2018, 11:28 pm

Beautiful finish from Usyk....Hats off to Bellew, not of the thinking he really overachieved  in the sport like plenty think; but hes created headlines...hes boxed in some huge fights and made a shedload of money. Time to hang them up for good.

It will be the next debate so i'll kick it off;

Usyk gets destroyed by the current Top 3 heavyweights...Wilder too long and awkward with the caveat of thunderous power...Joshua too big and physically controls the fight...Tyson Fury circa 2015 outfoxes and outboxes him

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sat 10 Nov 2018, 11:29 pm

Nathaniel Jacobs wrote:Bellew proved he's a bum. No legacy. No respect. The coward ducked Briedis. Now got put in his place by Usyk.

Bore off Nathaniel; very few fighters who step between the ropes are bums...in fact they are the opposite...dedicated to a craft..disciplined and all, in comparative terms, far more skilled than either you or I at the sport.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Sat 10 Nov 2018, 11:32 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:
Nathaniel Jacobs wrote:Bellew proved he's a bum. No legacy. No respect. The coward ducked Briedis. Now got put in his place by Usyk.

Bore off Nathaniel; very few fighters who step between the ropes are bums...in fact they are the opposite...dedicated to a craft..disciplined and all, in comparative terms, far more skilled than either you or I at the sport.
Bellew never beat any current champions. Lost to Cleverley, Stevenson and Usyk. Only belts bin man Bellew won where all vacant.

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sat 10 Nov 2018, 11:38 pm

No one said otherwise did they?....No shame in losing to Stevenson (even if he is the biggest ducker in world boxing) and certainly no shame in losing to Usyk...

Avenged his defeat to Clev when he could have packed it all in or just become a domestic level journeyman and nothing more. Dusted himself off, arguably became a better boxer than he had been and hit heights few thought he would.

Not the best...not a true world champion in the truest form, but a pro who wasnt afraid of a challenge, gave his all to the fight game and came out at the end with success and as the man himself likes to say 'secured me kids futures'.

Not every fighter will be world class or even very good...but doesnt mean they dont deserve some level of appreciation and respect from boxing fans...or in your case so called..!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Sat 10 Nov 2018, 11:41 pm

So Bellew deserves appreciation for fighting Usyk? Was he fighting for free? No he's getting a 7 figure check to take home.

I have admiration for plenty of fighters just not frauds like Bellew. If he was fighting for his legacy why did he duck Briedis?

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Sun 11 Nov 2018, 8:52 am

Owen10 speaks the truth, whilst it seems Nathaniel is trying to promote something (trash talk).  Just my opinion.  

Bellew was up on two judges scores and level on the other.   Bellew was quick but tended to be one or two fast punches then out to take stock.   Usyk was bouncing around pressing always close to take up any opportunity when it came.

So it looks like Usyk is going to be stepping up to heavyweight.  Not sure how he is going to bridge the weight difference and cope with the arm reach difference.  Should be fine against small / medium heavyweights but I am not sure he can handle Joshua or Deontay.  Tyson is a man-mountain but maybe Usyk might be able to win on points.  Usyk is older than Joshua and Tyson - Usyk turns 32 in January - so time is not on his side to make the transition and to make an impact.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 11 Nov 2018, 10:09 am

Tony’s still got a nice payday if he wants it against Stevenson at cruiserweight

And that’s if Stevenson wins or loses against Gvozdyk. Unless Stevenson takes a career ender of course

You never know after a bit of reflection once he’s recharged. I very much doubt it but it’s a fan friendly fight with Stevenson and it definitely sells. The chance for revenge and to go out on a high

No shame losing to Usyk Tony just that little bit stronger at 15 stone +; Usyk against Joshua one of the best fights in boxing

Usyk against Wilder and Fury not bad fights either are they

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 11 Nov 2018, 11:36 am

Good night of boxing really, would like an update on Sam Hyde as that looked like one hell of an injury. Burns looked pretty good in a decent domestic scrap and Crolla shown there's still gas in the tank.

As for Bellew, thought he looked quite decent and shocked a lot of people by lasting as long as he did and boxing well whilst he was there. A lot of boxing fans seem to now declare Usyk as completely overrated rather than give the Scouse Loony any credit. Hope he sticks to his retirement now as he's achieved above and beyond what he probably thought he would.

Think Usyk is just too small for the heavyweight scene although i suppose he's got to give it a go.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Sun 11 Nov 2018, 12:24 pm

I actually think Usyk will be more effective against the bigger slower men and dont forget he is a proper heavyweight naturally and will come in around 225lbs. He has fought in the top division before against huge world class amateur heavies and made them look like they are walking in quick sand. He also has decent power and that will increase with the extra weight. Lets not pretend he is not big lad at 6ft.3 and his large frame comfortably will comfortably carry an extra 20-25lbs without any dramas. Uysk is just as big if not bigger a man as Povetkin but a much better boxer and i dont care who you are or how big you are when a 16 stone bloke with fast hand and feet is hitting you clean as Usyk will against these lumbering giants they will fall down.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Sun 11 Nov 2018, 1:04 pm

Bellew who was winning on the Judges scorecards lost because he ran out of steam, he slowed down, and he doesn't have a great defence - he relies more on speed and footwork for his defence and tends to keep his hands low.  

Though Usyk wasn't winning in the earlier rounds, he was always bouncing around, always pressing, always forcing Bellew to be wary at all times.  But once Bellew tired and slowed Usyk rapidly turned the fight around and proved too strong. It was a very professional and efficient performance from Usyk - but obviously he needed to be in tip top physical condition.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 11 Nov 2018, 1:24 pm

Shout out to Ricky Burns....Yes he looked bigger than Cardle but Cardle is a decent operator and Burns absolutely outclassed him..

Very impressed..

Usyk too small for a Joshua...Fury..

Be interested in him taking on a Povetkin to see if he can do things at Heavy..

As for Dave Allen....Just a plodder.

Burns though for me was the highlight of the night..

Respect.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Sun 11 Nov 2018, 2:22 pm

To be fair Truss when Uysk is not trying to keep himself within the Cruiserweight level he will be easily as big as Poventkin, Parker and only smaller than some of the others like Whyte amd Miller by virtue of their fat bellies not useful muscle. He is also much bigger than Steve Cunningham who beat Fury all over the place with his skills and speed before the sheer size and dodgy tactics wore him down. Uysk lands the same shots and Fury will be in the same state Bellew was because he has more dig than Cunningham plus better movement to avoid getting cuddled into submission like Cunningham did. If Povetkin, Parker and Cunningham can trouble these huge men i have no doubt a better fighter like Uysk can do the same.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 11 Nov 2018, 2:49 pm

Holyfield was a better fighter...Couldn't move Foreman...Lewis and Bowe...Spinks couldn't move Holmes..

We are talking 6ft 7/8 inch monsters now..Not 230 pound Heavies..

Fury and Joshua landing is a World away from Bellew...Try to play possum but landing on his arms will hurt..

Usyk is good but he is no Holyfield...If he can make Cruiser he is a Cruiser..

Evander juiced.

But it's about opinions and I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Sun 11 Nov 2018, 3:24 pm

Usyk is very slightly taller at 6'3" and has a reach very slightly greater at 78" than Evander Holyfield - but so close that they could be classed as equivalent.   However Holyfield moved up to Heavyweight aged 25 and a half, while Usyk is pushing 32.  Also as Trussman said - all the evidence suggests Evander juiced.

Anyway it seems certain Usyk is going to move up to heavyweight - that's where the money is - and there is nothing left for him to do in the cruiserweight division.  Johnny Nelson backs Usyk to do damage in the HW division.  He said he first spotted Usyk sparring with Wladimir and claimed Wladimir couldn't handle him - and since then Nelson has been a "believer".
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Sun 11 Nov 2018, 4:11 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Holyfield was a better fighter...Couldn't move Foreman...Lewis and Bowe...Spinks couldn't move Holmes..

We are talking 6ft 7/8 inch monsters now..Not 230 pound Heavies..

Fury and Joshua landing is a World away from Bellew...Try to play possum but landing on his arms will hurt..

Usyk is good but he is no Holyfield...If he can make Cruiser he is a Cruiser..

Evander juiced.

But it's about opinions and I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

There is nothing to suggest that Joshua, Wilder or Fury for all their huge size would move that version of Foreman either and Foreman at his best was very similar size to Usyk's natural size and weight. I think people are going be surprised how large Usyk will get when he is not watching the scales he will be a good few pounds heavier than Holyfield. He has been bigger in the past and handled huge men very easily. Recently i have seen Parker and Povetkin both smaller heavies handle themselves very well against the lumbering monsters niether has the handspeed, skills or boxing brain of Usyk. I know Klitchko who is a giant and shared many rounds with him thinks he can go all the way, as does Joe Joyce who had the pleasure of a pasting from Usyk. Worth remembering as well although Holyfield didnt move Foreman he beat him with relative ease using skill and movement to offset the bigger but slower mans power. He also relived Bowe of his belts in the second fight so Holyfield if anything tells you Uysk has a chance. I honestly doubt Uysk could beat Lewis or Bowe at their best, but this current crop of lumbering giants at the top of the game are nowhere that level in my opinion.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Mon 12 Nov 2018, 10:34 am

I think Usyk is really a natural cruiser... but then again, so was David Haye. The obvious rationale is that they can make much more money at heavy - even fighting the second tier (Chisora, Parker, Whyte, Pulev etc) - than at cruiserweight. And there's the potential huge stadium fight against Joshua, which surely must be top of Usyk's wishlist and would make him a rich man.

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down