The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow Warriors v Dragons Saturday 29th September

+15
Stone Motif
funnyExiledScot
Brendan
Anglobraveheart
TJ
Eejit
bsando
TheMildlyFranticLlama
RDW
IanBru
George Carlin
Luckless Pedestrian
jimbopip
RiscaGame
BigGee
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Dragons Saturday 29th September Empty Glasgow Warriors v Dragons Saturday 29th September

Post by BigGee Wed 26 Sep 2018 - 12:57

Glasgow Warriors V Dragons
Scotstoun Stadium
Saturday 29th September
KO 19.35

Live on Premier Sports

Well the wheels came off Glasgow's good start to the season with a vengeance last weekend in Port Elizabeth and the theme coming out of the camp now that they are back in the UK is one of redemption.

Mike Blair has been in the media stating that some players will get that chance and others will not and it was indeed such a poor showing, the worst that I have seen the Warriors put on for many years, that you do wonder if some of those players may get another chance too prove themselves at all under the current coaching set up. Glasgow have set high standards over the years and so a performance like that is not going to be taken lightly.

So we are expecting a bit of a backlash against a side that have not been known for travelling well, but then again, we thought the same about the Kings playing at home!

Truth is, we really don't know what to expect, both in terms of selection and what the performance might bring.

Several players did not play well and some combinations did not work.

Pete Horne surely can't play FH again, but Hastings, who did play well when he came on, has been involved in every game so far and will surely have to be rested this week or next before the Euro games. Maybe we will see Thompson or Jacko stepping up to the FH spot. We certainly need to try someone else.

The centres did not function either, especially in defence. Surely we see Dunbar back in at 12 or maybe one of Kelly or McDowell getting a chance, both have looked decent when given an opportunity.

in the back three, Nairn surely deserves another chance and Nico will be champing at the bit to get on the pitch. Maybe Rory Hughes comes in at FB if Jacko was to step up to FH.

In the pack Kebble will come back in at LH and Alex Allen, another who did not disgrace himself in SA, will back him up. Bhatti has probably slipped down the pecking order after his game. D'Arcy Rae similarly put in a decent shift and will likely start, but I would like to see Nicol on the bench to see what he can bring. He looked a very decent junior and we also know that Byrce is not a good TH. I would be happy for Turner to have a week on the naughty step but am aware that we can't play Frazer Brown every week. Maybe Grant Stewart will step up from the academy again.

JG will come back into the second row but who to partner him. Peterson did nothing last week and suffered the ignominy of being hooked before half time. That may well be the last chance saloon for him. I think we might see Rob Harley spending a bit more time in the Row until some of the others get back, maybe Davidson to bench this time.

In the back row the two Matts, Fagerson and Smith have hardly been seen this season, through injury and selection (Matt Smith did not help himself by getting sent off in a club game). Wilson and Cully are likely to feature. Adam Ashe was another who did not turn up last week and the new American signing has been given a bit of media time as well, often a sign that they are going to play. He might be a decent option off the bench.

More questions than answers for Glasgow.

For Dragons, it may not be a bad time to come up north, with all this introspection going on. They will still be on a hiding to nothing but will they load their team for a match they would not really have fancied that much before last weekend. We will see on Friday when the teams are out.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Dragons Saturday 29th September Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Dragons Saturday 29th September

Post by RiscaGame Wed 26 Sep 2018 - 14:15

We are resting players ready for the Cardiff Blues game.

I feel like he will make around 8 changes, but it’s hard to see for definite where to. Maybe rotate the front row, they’re definitely resting Hill, maybe he might choose to rest Moriarty too, maybe the halfbacks and then one enforced change with Sage in for Dixon.

Something like

Bevington, Hibbard, Jarvis, Nansen, Landman, Griffiths, Cudd, Benjamin (might get a shot?), Knoyle, Lewis, Rosser, Sage, Warren, Howells, Williams.

That’s 9 changes or so, but still couldn’t be said they’re throwing the game really.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Dragons Saturday 29th September Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Dragons Saturday 29th September

Post by jimbopip Wed 26 Sep 2018 - 19:55

Reading Blair's comments it would seem that one or two Warriors are about to be shot "pour l'encouragement des autres" ( as they say in Germany). I think Oscar Peterson showed he has neither the vision to play what's in front of him nor the ability to carry a tune never mind a rugby ball. Turner had a howler but he may have enough credit in the bank to survive; though he has cost us matches with pointless brain farts before. Frisbee's playing was even more embarrassing than his moustache, which is saying something. His choice to attack up the blind side where the defence had a 4-2 advantage led to a turnover and their first try: and then he went downhill rapidly.

Everyone else is an established player with lots of credit in the bank so I can't see too many candidates for one way ticket to Luvvietoon, possibly Bhatti but the Luvvies have 96 international props ahead of him at the moment. So he should be safe, but may be "rested" for a couple of weeks.

I'd like to see

1. Kebble
2. Brown
3. Rae
4. Cummings (whose coat may well be on a shoogly peg unless he swaps some of his "potential" for a tub of elbow grease)
5. Harley (JG needs a rest)
6. Mr Gibbins
7. Fusaro
8. Fagerson (Mrs Gibbins was poor last week and can bench)
9. Someone sans tache
10. Thompson (why keep him if he's not getting played?)
11. Seymour
12. Dunbar (Grigg is not a 12, never ever. )
13. Jones (was appalling last week, DR and he seemingly do not sing from the same hymnsheet but he is a genuine talent so he needs to be given every chance to come good)
14. DTH
15. Niko (Jacko was poor, he seems lacking in sharpness and offers no sense of a threat; MadMad Mata would be the anti-Jacko In which case is the corollary that Jacko is the anti-Mata? Because ye canny mix Mata wi anti-Mata cap'n.

16. Stewart
17. Allan
18. Nuke
19. JG
20. Batman
21. Horne jnr/ Aldi Price- whoever doesn't start
22. Horne
23 Nairn

That might be an interesting way to put the wheels back on the bus.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 26 Sep 2018 - 20:43

That team will not be a million miles away Jim, just a few tweaks I would say.

JG had last week off, so will likely start.

I don't think Nuke is fit yet, so give Nicol a chance.

Seymour has played each game so far, so probably his turn to stand down. I would be happy if Nairn got a start.

Fusaro did not have the worst performance of the team last week, but I would like to see Matt Smith get a game, he will be the future and always gives it 100%

Dunbar and Jones is well worth a try. I am, happy to give Shuggy the benefit of being a bit rusty, but he surely owes us a performance sometime soon! Pete Horne needs to go and find a dark room to lie down in and could do with a week to re-discover himself. Give Kelly or McDowell a run off the bench, if not now then when, we will surely need them in the international windows.

Niko at FB, yeah why not, it will certainly make it a good Saturday night in to watch the match!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 27 Sep 2018 - 12:05

I should be clear-eyed and say that this is only going to go one way: Glasgow, one of the best teams in the league, at home, smarting from an unexpected defeat, will beat comfortably a side that only won twice in the league last season and that hasn't won away in the league since 2015. Add to that several of the Dragons' best players being rested and it should be even more obvious what's going to happen. But I do wonder whether the performance in Dublin the other week (the performance, as opposed to the result) will have changed the visitors' mindset.

The longer we can keep it close on the scoreboard, and it was 10 - 0 just before half time against Leinster, the less implausible it is that Glasgow might get a bit twitchy. They'll know that a second defeat, and to the Dragons no less, would be unacceptable. That's a pressure all of its own. All we can do is try and raise the prospect of defeat, and see how they deal with it.

I really should be clear-eyed.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 27 Sep 2018 - 12:17

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I should be clear-eyed and say that this is only going to go one way: Glasgow, one of the best teams in the league, at home, smarting from an unexpected defeat, will beat comfortably a side that only won twice in the league last season and that hasn't won away in the league since 2015. Add to that several of the Dragons' best players being rested and it should be even more obvious what's going to happen. But I do wonder whether the performance in Dublin the other week (the performance, as opposed to the result) will have changed the visitors' mindset.

The longer we can keep it close on the scoreboard, and it was 10 - 0 just before half time against Leinster, the less implausible it is that Glasgow might get a bit twitchy. They'll know that a second defeat, and to the Dragons no less, would be unacceptable. That's a pressure all of its own. All we can do is try and raise the prospect of defeat, and see how they deal with it.

I really should be clear-eyed.

You are right to say that there will be a lot of pressure on the Glasgow players to improve massively from last week. That kind of performance will not wash two weekends in a row and in front of the Scotstoun faithful.

Yes Glasgow should be winning this game relatively comfortably but a few dropped balls, missed tackles and a close scoreline then who knows what effect it will have on their mindset.

Alternatively DR may bring in a few new players who take their chances and give us a comfortable win, getting our season back on track.

It will be intriguing to see which way it goes!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 27 Sep 2018 - 13:39

jimbopip wrote:Reading Blair's comments it would seem that one or two Warriors are about to be shot "pour l'encouragement des autres" ( as they say in Germany). I think Oscar Peterson showed he  has neither  the vision to play what's in front of him nor the ability to carry a tune never mind a rugby ball. Turner had a howler but he may have enough credit in the bank to survive; though he has cost us matches with pointless brain farts before. Frisbee's playing was even more embarrassing than his moustache, which is saying something. His choice to attack up the blind side where the defence had a 4-2 advantage led to a turnover and their first try: and then he went downhill rapidly.

Everyone else is an established player with lots of credit in the bank so I can't see too many candidates for one way ticket to Luvvietoon, possibly Bhatti but the Luvvies have 96 international props ahead of him at the moment. So he should be safe, but may be "rested" for a couple of weeks.

I'd like to see

1. Kebble
2. Brown
3. Rae
4. Cummings (whose coat may well be on a shoogly peg unless he swaps some of his "potential" for a tub of elbow grease)
5. Harley (JG needs a rest)
6. Mr Gibbins
7. Fusaro
8. Fagerson (Mrs Gibbins was poor last week and can bench)
9. Someone sans tache
10. Thompson (why keep him if he's not getting played?)
11. Seymour
12. Dunbar (Grigg is not a 12, never ever. )
13.  Jones (was appalling last week, DR and he seemingly do not sing from the same hymnsheet but he is a genuine talent so he needs to be given every chance to come good)
14. DTH
15. Niko (Jacko was poor, he seems lacking in sharpness and offers no sense of a threat; MadMad Mata would be the anti-Jacko In which case is the corollary that Jacko is the anti-Mata? Because ye canny mix Mata wi anti-Mata cap'n.

16. Stewart
17. Allan
18. Nuke
19. JG
20. Batman
21. Horne jnr/ Aldi Price- whoever doesn't start
22. Horne
23 Nairn

That might be an interesting way to put the wheels back on the bus.
Jim, I just want to say that whilst it is highly unlikely that you will get an appropriate amount of credit for that joke, I sat at my desk and applauded.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 27 Sep 2018 - 15:17

George Carlin wrote:
jimbopip wrote:15. Niko (Jacko was poor, he seems lacking in sharpness and offers no sense of a threat; MadMad Mata would be the anti-Jacko In which case is the corollary that Jacko is the anti-Mata? Because ye canny mix Mata wi anti-Mata cap'n.
Jim, I just want to say that whilst it is highly unlikely that you will get an appropriate amount of credit for that joke, I sat at my desk and applauded.
In the same way that in my attempt to read 'A Brief History of Time' (OK, the first two chapters) I needed to draw a diagram after every page so my head wouldn't melt, I think Jim's jokes require access to graph paper, a ruler and a ready supply of codeine.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 27 Sep 2018 - 18:54

Right you are Ted! What I'm taking from that is that I'm smart like what that Hawkins fella was. Or I know as much about rugby as he did. Certainly he was a better winger than me. Doh

On the plus side Bru, my insides should be recovered by the Sarf Effrikka match so I will be out out, as they say in Essex. Caz the quiet Bokkie is always out out so no change there.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 8:00

I fear for the Dragons here - Blair said they will be licking their lips at the prospect of playing Glasgow this week but I think it will be the complete opposite. The worst time to play a top team away from home is the week after they've had a rude awakening where complacency will be zero! 

Glasgow haven't become a bad team over night, and in recent years they have generally put big scores on the lower teams at home.

Saying that, if the Dragons can get in their face and bring some doubt into Glasgow players' minds then their confidence might tumble.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 13:14

Team announced;

1. Oli Kebble (12)
2. Fraser Brown (79)
3. D’Arcy Rae (43)
4. Rob Harley (188)
5. Jonny Gray (89)
6. Ryan Wilson (143) CC
7. Callum Gibbins (19) CC
8. Matt Fagerson (28)

9. Ali Price (60)
10. Adam Hastings (13)
11. Niko Matawalu (94)
12. Alex Dunbar (114)
13. Huw Jones (9)
14. Lee Jones (76)
15. Ruaridh Jackson (138)

Replacements

16. George Turner (23)
17. Alex Allan (77)
18. Adam Nicol (5)
19. Andrew Davidson (0)
20. Chris Fusaro (145)
21. George Horne (23)
22. Brandon Thomson (10)
23. Nick Grigg (45)

Players unavailable through injury: Adam Ashe (neck), Brian Alainu’uese (back) Scott Cummings (ankle), Zander Fagerson (ankle), Siua Halanukanuka (foot), Stuart Hogg (ankle), Sam Johnson (head / knee), Kiran McDonald (hand), Tim Swinson (lower limb) and DTH van der Merwe (groin).

On the plus side; no Oscar Peterson, no Frisbee, a proper 12 at 12, a prop on the bench covering tighthead Yahoo

On the downside; both Mata and the anti-Mata in the back three. "But cap'n ye canny mix mata wi anti-mata" drumroll

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 13:29

Dragons: J Williams, D Howells, A Warren, J Sage, J Rosser, A Robson, T Knoyle, R Bevington, R Hibbard (captain), L Fairbrother, B Nansen, R Landman, A Wainwright, N Cudd, L Evans. Replacements: E Dee, B Harris, A Jarvis, H Taylor, J Thomas, R Williams, J Lewis, W Talbot-Davies.

Wasn’t far off with my changes, positional wise. Don’t see why we couldn’t rest wainwright too and give JT a go. Plus, we need to get Jarvis more minutes, so start him as starting props gets at least ten more minutes normally.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 14:14

Not a bad pack for us, considering the use of rotation. Much better than in previous years when we’ve chosen to rotate.

Our backs don’t fill me with much confidence. Can’t see many points being scored through the backs. Even with our best back line against a side like Glasgow we would struggle for scores.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 14:16

Just to add: we’ve got arguably our strongest front row on the bench which is encouraging in terms of not weakening the team further when we make changes. And our best scrum half (IMO) to bring on too.

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 15:14

Well as predicted DR has got his axe out and done some chopping.

That looks a much stronger team all round. I would say that currently Harley and JG are our best option in the boilerhouse, at least until some of the others make it back. It will be good to see what Davidson has to offer off the bench though. Cummings was thought of as the better prospect when they were academy players, but he seems to have stalled a bit, maybe AD can surpass him. He is not getting much of a look in at Falcons, so he would be well advised to take whatever chances he is offered back home.

Brandon Thompson is on the bench and will surely be getting a shot at FH half after the Horne debacle last weekend. Hastings is due a rest and will almost certainly stand down next week before the euro games.

Good to see Adan Nicol on the bench this week as well, we need to see what he is about as well.

All in all I am pretty happy with the team. I just hope Huw Jones finally shows up this week!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 16:01

The Jones Boy certainly is an enigma. In a way his talent reminds me of being in the pub with Bru. You know the wallet is there, you know it is abundantly fulsome, you know it has paid its way in the recent past (the amount of plasterwork that goes into ensuring the Hagia Sophia can be viewed by the public springs to mind) but you never seem to see it when you most need it. Crying or Very sad
Bru's wallet and the Jones talent; both end up with you paying for the drink and wondering why you keep believing things will change. chin

Anyhoo, I'm predicting the Dragons will get severe malky on Saturday night. OR they too will put up a defensive wall and wait for Glasgow to drop the ball then run in easy tries. Last week's match debacle against the worst team in the league was uncomfortably like Wales - Scotland earlier in the year. picard

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 16:10

jimbopip wrote:Last week's match debacle against the worst team in the league...

Woah there Jimbo whats this now?! I thought us MFL lot were the worst team in the league? Don't go getting all gooey on us now! Shocked

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 16:25

TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Last week's match debacle against the worst team in the league...

Woah there Jimbo whats this now?! I thought us MFL lot were the worst team in the league? Don't go getting all gooey on us now! Shocked

In Schroedinger's Pro 14 (now wouldn't it be fun if he replaced Guinness as chief sponsor?) everybody and anybody is the worst team in the league. With 20 losses out of 21 last year the Kings are undoubtedly the worst team in the league; look at the table today, The Luvvies are the worst team in the league. Both are, and are not, utterly guff. Indubitably so.
Both can beat, and have beaten, The Once And Future Champions. Shocked

Glasgow are, and are not, brilliant.

Today I had a Full English Panini for brunch. It was, and wasn't, breakfast. It was, and wasn't, fully English.

I'm not worried about the result tomorrow. Not at all.

Last edited by jimbopip on Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 16:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pedantic Puntuation Fetishist)

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 17:02

Decent side. Let's hope we see a better performance from Warriors than last weekend. Hopefully Thomson can make an impression off the bench as well as Davidson and Nicol. Nice to see Matawalu starting as well!

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 17:15

bsando wrote:Decent side. Let's hope we see a better performance from Warriors than last weekend. Hopefully Thomson can make an impression off the bench as well as Davidson and Nicol. Nice to see Matawalu starting as well!

WTF, WTactualFecc is this ? Sensible, balanced logical comments about rugby? Have you been paying attention?

p.s. when they both change their front rows that will be a difficult debut for young Nicol.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 17:17

The Oracle wrote:Not a bad pack for us, considering the use of rotation. Much better  than in previous years when we’ve chosen to rotate.

Our backs don’t fill me with much confidence. Can’t see many points being scored through the backs. Even with our best back line against a side like Glasgow we would struggle for scores.

That's what I thought when I saw the teamsheet. It's stronger than some of the first-choice packs we've put out in the past.

Still almost certainly not good enough to win tomorrow, but progress is progress. Those straws won't clutch themselves!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 22:36

No disrespect intended to Dragons but you would never have thought a week or two ago that this would be an absolute must win game. Warriors need to go out, win and win well otherwise I fear for their wellbeing.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 9:38

Eejit wrote:No disrespect intended to Dragons but you would never have thought a week or two ago that this would be an absolute must win game. Warriors need to go out, win and win well otherwise I fear for their wellbeing.

In one sense tonight's game is a lose-lose for Glasgow.

Lose the game and BIG questions will e asked about DR's ability to coach in this league and whether the players and coaching staff share his vision.

Win convincingly and they are flat track bullies who only beat the Dragons.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 11:12

jimbopip wrote:
Eejit wrote:No disrespect intended to Dragons but you would never have thought a week or two ago that this would be an absolute must win game. Warriors need to go out, win and win well otherwise I fear for their wellbeing.

In one sense tonight's game is a lose-lose for Glasgow.

Lose the game and BIG questions will e asked about DR's ability to coach in this league and whether the players and coaching staff share his vision.

Win convincingly and they are flat track bullies who only beat the Dragons.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head there but Can only beat what’s in front of you I suppose! Last week they didn’t and there needs to be a reaction. What we need is a Convincing win then DR apologises to fans in post match interview for last week’s result and all is right with the world.

Glasgow sell out Scotstoun because they’re supposed to be a top side. It’s why it costs so bloody much to go. In a few weeks the best team in England (and the second best team In Europe) come up and I think most Glasgow fans are hoping/expecting to send them back down with nothing as the team have done to every other Gallagher Prem team that have come visiting.

Lose to Dragons tonight then the first XV need to play against Zebre next week. Happen to lose all three and it’s season over and taxi for Dave

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 11:27

Nail head bang.

DR explained away bad performances last season by saying the players' skill levels weren't up to his game plan: if he hasn't improved their skill levels, or recruited better replacements by now then what is he doing to earn his salt?

Cardiff was a big reality check for Toonie, I believe, as the message was a loud and clear, "You must respect the opposition and play North-South before you go East-West". Hopefully, Port Elizabeth will be an equally salutary lesson for DR.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 12:04

I remember sitting watching both those Cardiff Heino losses in Philomena’s in Holborn with my head in my hands. Think that loss gave the squad the kick up the backside needed to go ahead and eventually win the Pro14.

What I’m getting at is that Pro14/Champions Cup/1872 Cup treble confirmed. Start celebrating.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 19:20

Dragons by 685.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 19:36

Anyone got a dodgy feed?  My usual ones seem to be showing the game at 11pm
PM me Ta

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 19:50

found onee!

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 19:51

If only Fairbrother had made a hardman tackle for the try, like he did the shove.

Second offence, yet only one is punished?

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 19:55

Scrappy old game so far

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 20:05

Commentator (lead) saying the draw v Glasgow was one of three occasions we have avoided defeat last season, after Robson’s second kick. How dare he. It was one of four occasions, with the draw v Ulster Wink

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 20:14

Edging closer to Rennie oot.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 20:17

Great tackle to keep Nicki out

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anglobraveheart Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 20:21

Hastings missed a kick. F***ing useless.

Anglobraveheart

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 20:23

Well the try was coming but the score does not really reflect the dominance, largely due to Glasgow mistakes again.

A tight lead and playing into the wind now. Game is not done yet!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 20:25

Another trailer for Dragons v Cardiff. Brilliant stuff.

Both Glasgow tries so avoidable. Ruck spacing and then first phase.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 20:51

Just remembered why we signed Huw Jones!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 21:04

Are the dragons becoming a stubborn team to play who are slowly making progress and tough to breakdown or just Glasgow following on from last week

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 21:15

Dragons are on pure damage limitation, or we wouldn’t be playing Cudd. However, Glasgow also are fairly poor. Their first two tries shouldn’t have happened, for a start.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 21:15

22-13

Too close for comfort?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 21:18

This is pish.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 21:26

Ah man, that scoreline was looking respectable for a while. 29-13 is not so close. Could we have a losing bonus point anyway, please?

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 21:27

I couldn't watch this in Dubai (literally) but for those who did - what was the game like?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 21:34

We got there in the end

I interestingly it was having to play into the wind that seemed room still some discipline in us and do the hard yards that we were capable of.

Hastings had another good game, as did Pebble, Brown, Dunbar, Fagerson and thankfully Huw Jones finally showed a bit of form.

George Horne was good off the bench as we're most of the subs to be fair.

After last week an imperfectfive points will do nicely and there is still hope for this season.

Drags defended very well but had nothing in attack other than the breakaway try, never looked liked scoring. If Hastings had his kicking boots on would have been a much bigger score!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 22:11

Cheers Gee.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 22:54

Welcome back Huw Jones. Vital player for Scotland, particularly with Bennett crocked once again.

Dunbar and Jones are the business together.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 30 Sep 2018 - 0:00

Brendan wrote:Are the dragons becoming a stubborn team to play who are slowly making progress and tough to breakdown or just Glasgow following on from last week
Bit of both IMO

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sun 30 Sep 2018 - 7:19

BigGee wrote:

Drags defended very well but had nothing in attack  other than the breakaway try, never looked like scoring

We conceded five tries and pretty much every player missed multiple tackles. Spot on in attack though, utter sh1te. Teams have rapidly worked out if you don't kick the ball to us there is feck all we can do from phases, one of the primary reasons for which is when we do get the ball we consistently offload less than any other team.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 30 Sep 2018 - 8:43

George Carlin wrote:I couldn't watch this in Dubai (literally) but for those who did - what was the game like?

Morning GC. Gee was accurate as ever.

The Good
Ollie Kebble, "led from the front" "set the tone" "in their faces" actually he was like a throwback to the good old days, twice I spotted him shoving his forearm into a Dragons' jaw. This is part of a prop's job description is it not? He was gnarly thumbsup
The scrum; destroyed the Drags on a couple of occasions, would have been totally dominant if the ref hadn't waited 35 minutes before giving both front rows a talking to. Obviously, I'm being one-eyed but it looked like they knew they were second best and didn't want to scrum. Even our replacements were better than theirs.
Second Row, ended up with Harley-Davidson in the engine room which is our fourth/fifth choice pairing but they never looked underpowered.
Centres; Dunbar is improving by the week and should be back a his best in time for Sarries. Huw Jones finally unleashed his outside break Yahoo Grigg came on and cut a Dragon in half, he really looked up for it.
Scrummies; both looked sharp and aggressive OK

Hastings, Hastings, Hastings clap clap clap He is beginning to look like the real deal. It will be interesting to see how he steps up in the European games.

The Bad; the weather, Hastings attempted a conversion and the wind blew it straight back at him. The ref, if I could see Kebble smacking people from 400 miles away why couldn't he/ If Stevie Wonder could see that the Drags front row didn't actually want to do that scrummaging malarkey why did he wait till almost half time before actually refereeing the scrum?

The Meh; the back three didn't get much ball. Niko and Jacko don't really work well together but.....you can't mix Mata with anti-Mata cap'n. drumroll

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next