The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Connacht v Scarlets

Go down

Connacht v Scarlets Empty Connacht v Scarlets

Post by stevetynant Wed 26 Sep 2018, 7:43 am

Suprized not to see any discussion over last weeks match - plenty to talk about I thought - Connacht were excellent - the return of Aki made a big difference and together with Farrell they have one of the best partnerships in the league at the moment. Carty is growing match by match - his kicking stats alone are on a really upward curve and the pack - Sean O'Brien in particular are really starting to fire. I know one match doesn't make the season but I believe the progress being made under Friend is starting to show - like other sides in the league though consistency will be the test especially when the injuries start mounting up.

The Scarlets- I think perhaps that was the worst performance by them I've seen in a long time- they still look dangerous when they have the ball and they get it wide better than most sides but the loss of the breakdown experts - James Davies looks like he's out until after the New Year now aswel, really takes away a serious weapon from last years armoury. I think this could be a different campaign for them this year though with perhaps the exception of Leinster at the moment I don't see a standout side so all to play for..

stevetynant

Back to top Go down