The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Centrist Party is coming....Interested ??

+16
JuliusHMarx
SecretFly
Mad for Chelsea
JDizzle
Cardiff Dave
lostinwales
El Radar
navyblueshorts
Samo
TRUSSMAN66
MrInvisible
No name Bertie
CaledonianCraig
Hero
Duty281
Dave.
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

New Centrist Party is coming....Interested ?? - Page 3 Empty New Centrist Party is coming....Interested ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 27 Mar 2018, 7:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

Clegg...I'm not a Liberal and that is it...I am open to new ideas

Blair.....Liberals have a branding problem..The Country needs a Centrist Party to fight Brexit..

Centrist Labour mps...The leader is an anti Semite because of one line on FB..

Owen Smith....Corbyn has sacked me for breaking with Party Policy right before an Election (Strange time to write an anti Labour article or maybe not) The members want to stay in EU.

Jeremy Corbyn wins any Labour Leadership Election.

Clear as night follows day a new Party is coming !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

New Centrist Party is coming....Interested ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: New Centrist Party is coming....Interested ??

Post by Duty281 Thu 19 Dec 2019, 6:51 pm

https://voteforchange.uk/letter-to-members-from-anna-soubry-following-our-management-council-meeting/

It’s all over.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

New Centrist Party is coming....Interested ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: New Centrist Party is coming....Interested ??

Post by Ticklishchap Wed 17 Feb 2021, 12:23 pm

Interesting that this is an old thread because it’s certainly something that moderate Tory voters need now - as well as ‘small l’ Liberals and greens who are not on the far left. I shall be voting in Greater London in May and feel wholly unrepresented. There actually would be room for a new party in these elections because there is an element of Proportional Representation. The two leading contenders are deeply unpopular as well.
Ticklishchap
Ticklishchap

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 17 Feb 2021, 2:16 pm

Funny I thought Khan had a good rep. Central government seem to hate him which is probably a good sign.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklishchap Wed 17 Feb 2021, 2:33 pm

I see where you’re coming from about central government but unfortunately Sadiq has been a great disappointment as Mayor; he has neglected the city’s infrastructure, appointed too many bureaucrats and made some mistaken appointments IMHO in terms of ability and suitability for their jobs (e.g. Cressida Dick and the hapless Dany Cotton). He is ahead in the polls because the alternative, Shaun Bailey, comes across as far worse: right wing and a stooge of Boris.
The thinly veiled Islamophobic attacks on Sadiq are disgusting of course; he should be judged on his merits and sadly he has fallen short in many areas.
Ticklishchap
Ticklishchap

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 17 Feb 2021, 3:18 pm

The only real opposition to Khan as Mayor of London is some independent called Brian Rose, who appears to have the capital and campaigning nous to mount a serious challenge. Even so, I expect Khan to win quite comfortably if the elections are held in a few months (as they should be).

The Tories have precious little hope with the voter demographics not suited to them in London (and they don't have a candidate with the pull of 'Boris'), and the other parties are just the also-rans.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklishchap Wed 17 Feb 2021, 3:26 pm

You’re right Duty, I’m afraid. I get email updates from Brian Rose out of curiosity. He has a lot of energy but unfortunately indulges conspiracy cranks, etc. We just have to look across the Pond to see where that leads.

Rory Stewart was not perfect by any means but was the nearest to the type of independent/third party candidate I would wish to support.
Ticklishchap
Ticklishchap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3