The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How about this schedule for GGG's legacy/coming out party?

+4
kingraf
Herman Jaeger
Jermaine2015
depen.balboa
8 posters

Go down

How about this schedule for GGG's legacy/coming out party?  Empty How about this schedule for GGG's legacy/coming out party?

Post by depen.balboa Sat 17 Sep 2016, 12:50 am

In an ideal world?

Vs Jacobs - to Unify WBA Belt - Late November 2016 - NYC

Vs Saunders - to Unify All Belts - February 2017 - London

Vs Eubank Jnr - Big Money Summer Clash at Wembley Stadium as Co-Main Event to Joshua Vs Fury/Klitchsko/Haye - July 2017 - London

Vs Canelo - For All Belts (Ring, WBC, WBA, IBF, WBO) and Lineal - September 2017 - Texas

GGG then moves up to Super Middleweight 2018
depen.balboa
depen.balboa

Back to top Go down

How about this schedule for GGG's legacy/coming out party?  Empty Re: How about this schedule for GGG's legacy/coming out party?

Post by Jermaine2015 Sat 17 Sep 2016, 9:13 am

He only needs to face Saunders and Canelo. GGG is already the WBA champion, whereas Jacobs is walking around with a paper version of GGG's title. If GGG beats Saunders why would he waste his time fighting Eubank Jr, a guy who lost to Saunders?

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

How about this schedule for GGG's legacy/coming out party?  Empty Re: How about this schedule for GGG's legacy/coming out party?

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat 17 Sep 2016, 10:38 am

Seems about right that schedule to me

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 17 Sep 2016, 10:49 am

I'd think the first two are a given. Eubank Jr. I am 99% sure will never happen. From what I've read, GGG is pretty much all but done with actively chasing a Canelo fight. He didn't take being called out in the ring and told "In Mexico we don't fuc.ck around" before Canelo proceeding to fu.ck around with him well. So the last two fights... I think it would be a bit of a miracle if they both happened.

He should take Saunders' lunch money and then try be the man at 168. That would seal his legacy. Two division champion. A cabillion title defences at 160.

In any case, I really don't see what Eubank has on his ledger that makes him a must beat. the guys best win is probably Doran. He can, as they say in Hip hop music videos.. take several seats. Murray was a better win, as was Lemmy. Hell Wilie Monroe jr. has a win over Bryan Vera (who really should have got the nod over chavez) which is better than anything Eubank has done
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 17 Sep 2016, 4:20 pm

It would be good if that it how it played out except Eubank. I cannot see how he is a big name, seems more interested in posting comments on Social Media. Called GGG out, didn't sign the contract, now calling him out again???? Made himself look completely ridiculous, all talk no trousers.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat 17 Sep 2016, 4:32 pm

They're all good fights, funnily enough of all of them the Eubank fight is the one I'd most like to see, that could be the best of the lot

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 17 Sep 2016, 5:44 pm

If only the guys you mentioned would fight him though......

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 17 Sep 2016, 8:01 pm

Well Chris 'My corner don't do towels' Eubank Jnr has just withdrawn from his next fight citing an injury sustained against a bigger opponent, you've got to love the irony of these things.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Sep 2016, 8:55 pm

It is not clear to me that GGG will beat Canelo.  It also seems to me that Canelo's "best fight" was his loss to Mayweather.  I think Canelo can win on points against GGG.  I don't think Canelo is afraid of GGG but the team around him don't want to take a clear risk and if they do they want to have the perfect deal, with lots of money to be made, "home" judges,  plus a rematch if Canelo loses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Sat 17 Sep 2016, 9:49 pm

Nore Staat wrote:It is not clear to me that GGG will beat Canelo.  It also seems to me that Canelo's "best fight" was his loss to Mayweather.  I think Canelo can win on points against GGG.  I don't think Canelo is afraid of GGG but the team around him don't want to take a clear risk and if they do they want to have the perfect deal, with lots of money to be made, "home" judges,  plus a rematch if Canelo loses.
Canelo's face was marked up against Cuban slickster Lara, whom isn't a puncher by any stretch of the imagination. After GGG lands a few times on Canelo's face it will resemble a plate of uncooked meat...

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 19 Sep 2016, 12:32 pm

Eubank Jr is a joke, can't stand him, wish his name would stop getting mentioned in these things.

He's fought above Brit level once - and got slapped around the ring and totally exposed by BJS.

As mentioned Jacobs is nothing more than a paper champ version of GGG anyway so pretty irrelevant.

Only two fights matter - BJS (almost as bad as Jr) and Canelo (if ODLH ever stops hiding his cash cow).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down