The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad boy Nick is back in Shanghai and back in trouble!!

4 posters

Go down

Bad boy Nick is back in Shanghai and back in trouble!! Empty Bad boy Nick is back in Shanghai and back in trouble!!

Post by banbrotam Tue 10 Oct - 13:03

Oh Oh!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/41564893

Frankly, unless he's got a very good reason, this could finish a player who simply isn't bothered anyway

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Bad boy Nick is back in Shanghai and back in trouble!! Empty Re: Bad boy Nick is back in Shanghai and back in trouble!!

Post by Guest82 Tue 10 Oct - 15:40

https://twitter.com/NickKyrgios/status/917730951844782081

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Bad boy Nick is back in Shanghai and back in trouble!! Empty Re: Bad boy Nick is back in Shanghai and back in trouble!!

Post by banbrotam Tue 10 Oct - 16:31

OK Nick Laugh Laugh

I do actually like him, but he now needs to grow up

I'm with this tweeter...https://twitter.com/KeepCalmkle/status/917739638856577024

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by MrInvisible Tue 10 Oct - 23:17

I thought this year he was showing signs of putting his previous demeanours behind him - a rise up the rankings, making an effort in Davis Cup and a good run to final of Cincinnati Masters.

Then, makes another good run, beating Alex Zverev en-route to China Open final, against Nadal where he completely loses it after a line-call goes against him, and what should have been a good competitive final between 2 form players is ruined by his petulance.  And now the farcical performance quitting his match at Shanghai Masters after losing 1st set tie-break to Steve Johnson.

There's been some really good results for him this year, but, just when I thought he was starting to make headlines for the right reasons, he goes and ruins it all.  When I first saw him play several years ago I thought he had potential to become a multi-slam winning player.  Now I feel that although he has the armoury in his game to do this, I think he lacks the temperament to achieve his potential.  I no longer feel he has the makings of a multi-slam winning champion.  He is capable of stringing together a good winning streak and winning a slam or possibly 2 a la Safin, but equally he could fizzle out, merely a more dynamic version of countryman Tomic.

MrInvisible

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Tue 10 Oct - 23:45

spoiled

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Wed 11 Oct - 9:11

MrInvisible wrote:I thought this year he was showing signs of putting his previous demeanours behind him - a rise up the rankings, making an effort in Davis Cup and a good run to final of Cincinnati Masters.

Then, makes another good run, beating Alex Zverev en-route to China Open final, against Nadal where he completely loses it after a line-call goes against him, and what should have been a good competitive final between 2 form players is ruined by his petulance.  And now the farcical performance quitting his match at Shanghai Masters after losing 1st set tie-break to Steve Johnson.

There's been some really good results for him this year, but, just when I thought he was starting to make headlines for the right reasons, he goes and ruins it all.  When I first saw him play several years ago I thought he had potential to become a multi-slam winning player.  Now I feel that although he has the armoury in his game to do this, I think he lacks the temperament to achieve his potential.  I no longer feel he has the makings of a multi-slam winning champion.  He is capable of stringing together a good winning streak and winning a slam or possibly 2 a la Safin, but equally he could fizzle out, merely a more dynamic version of countryman Tomic.

I think this is bang on, he has improved this year and is showing good signs, although still letting himself down at times. When he's on he is as good as pretty much anyone, sure he will string this together and win a slam or two at some point in his career. He seemingly has the upper hand in the rivalry with Zverev, who most people seem to think is the next dominant world number one.

Unless Kyrgios matures it is unlikely he will be consistent, but will have weeks where he is unplayable and weeks where he pretty much tanks.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down