The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

+30
XR
Exiledinborders
Don Alfonso
St John The Enforcer
EWT Spoons
No 7&1/2
tigertattie
21st Century Schizoid Man
munkian
Kingshu
Scottrf
RugbyFan100
Collapse2005
Luckless Pedestrian
No9
eirebilly
marty2086
TJ
Pot Hale
Cardiff Dave
Rory_Gallagher
lostinwales
profitius
Geen sport voor watjes
RiscaGame
mikey_dragon
LeinsterFan4life
Pete330v2
Artful_Dodger
LordDowlais
34 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes. - Page 6 Empty Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by LordDowlais Fri 08 Sep 2017, 8:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is a farce, I know I will get ripped apart for this, but it is becoming a joke, what I have just seen in this first half between Leinster and Cardiff is a joke. How is Isa Nacewa still on the field, then going down like he has just been shot to milk a pen on half time. FFS

Also, do not get me started with the scrum, the young Cardiff boy Kieron Assirati is doing a number on Cain Healy yet the ref is letting Cain Healy get away with murder.

2017, Pro14, nothing changes. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, onto the second half. picard

Oh, just to edit, I forgot to mention Kearnys shoulder tackle when Cardiff were breaking through that was left unpunished by both Brace and Fitzgibbon. Whate a joke. picard

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes. - Page 6 Empty Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by Don Alfonso Sat 16 Sep 2017, 12:06 am

Italian ref, Italian TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

If only Marshall Kilgore were around to be blamed.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes. - Page 6 Empty Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by marty2086 Sat 16 Sep 2017, 12:24 am

Don Alfonso wrote:Italian ref, Italian TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Wonder where the complaints are over Parkes cheapshot on Lealiifano

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Sep 2017, 8:36 am

marty2086 wrote:

I think you just did it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Sep 2017, 8:46 am

Please tell me this isn't a really, really childish rant?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Sat 16 Sep 2017, 9:18 am

Well, it's not a rant.

It is a really, really, childish post.

Aimed squarely at LordDowlais. Not sane Scarlets fans.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Sat 16 Sep 2017, 9:40 am

Don read your previous post, its not too different so wind yer neck in

Its not aimed at Scarlets fans thats for sure but certain people have been essentially been saying the fix is in the last two weeks claiming Irish refs are biased for not penalising legitimate tackles etc with their outrage up at peak levels, yet where was the complaints about Parkes tackle? Where was the complaints that an almost certain try was prevented when a rolling maul was pulled down yet no card?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 16 Sep 2017, 10:07 am

Griff wrote:

Please tell me this isn't a really, really childish rant?!

I think they call it a parody.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Sat 16 Sep 2017, 10:11 am

Chill, Marty.

I was referring to my post. Which was completely, deliberately, gloriously infantile. Aimed at Dowlais.

He's earned it, with his ref-blaming, unconvincingly passed off as pious "won't someone please think of the league?!?" handwringing when a Welsh team loses.

Exactly, Rory.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 16 Sep 2017, 10:18 am

Parkes failure in his attempt to wrap the arms isn't really comparable to a closeline.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Sat 16 Sep 2017, 10:48 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Parkes failure in his attempt to wrap the arms isn't really comparable to a closeline.

I was talking about about Kearneys tackle which LD was also up in arms about

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Sat 16 Sep 2017, 10:48 am

Don Alfonso wrote:Chill, Marty.

I was referring to my post. Which was completely, deliberately, gloriously infantile. Aimed at Dowlais.

He's earned it, with his ref-blaming, unconvincingly passed off as pious "won't someone please think of the league?!?" handwringing when a Welsh team loses.

Exactly, Rory.

Sorry

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Sat 16 Sep 2017, 11:10 am

Ha ha no worries Marty.

Actually thought Mitrea, on balance, was fine.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Sat 16 Sep 2017, 2:54 pm

Mitrea had a good game, he was a bit lenient at times though.
The maul pulled down a few metres out was a yellow for me and the offsides were a few too many but they are decisions that can go either way.
If Scarlets had won I don't think anyone would have had any complaints

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Sat 16 Sep 2017, 3:46 pm

No, they were excellent.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 17 Sep 2017, 3:04 pm

Was that Dowlais in Cardiff last night getting a bit cross with George Clancy :-

https://mobile.twitter.com/c_kirwan/status/909132342710689792

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 17 Sep 2017, 3:14 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Was that Dowlais in Cardiff last night getting a bit cross with George Clancy :-

Classy, bet he felt real proud. Then again, the official was Irish and probably corrupt, so that makes it okay. Or something.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Sun 17 Sep 2017, 3:59 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Was that Dowlais in Cardiff last night getting a bit cross with George Clancy :-

Nice beard LD!!

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 17 Sep 2017, 5:01 pm

Goes to show that a lot of fans are unhappy with the standard of officiating. Wonder if he's banned for life for doing that.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 17 Sep 2017, 5:24 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:

Classy, bet he felt real proud. Then again, the official was Irish and probably corrupt, so that makes it okay. Or something.

Having said all that Frank Murphy was rather dire last night. Another in the seemingly endless conveyor belt of incompetent referees from the Emerald Isle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Sun 17 Sep 2017, 6:22 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Goes to show that a lot of fans are unhappy with the standard of officiating. Wonder if he's banned for life for doing that.

A lot? One bearded scumbag speaks for a lot of fans? Really?

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 17 Sep 2017, 6:30 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Goes to show that a lot of fans are unhappy with the standard of officiating. Wonder if he's banned for life for doing that.

He doesn't, but I see a lot of ref complaints and this guy was clearly very angry at the officials. this is the first time I've seen this in a Celtic league game but there could be others.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 17 Sep 2017, 7:08 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:

Having said all that Frank Murphy was rather dire last night.   Another in the seemingly endless conveyor belt of incompetent referees from the Emerald Isle.  

We don't do them well, that's for sure.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Sun 17 Sep 2017, 7:34 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:

He doesn't, but I see a lot of ref complaints and this guy was clearly very angry at the officials. this is the first time I've seen this in a Celtic league game but there could be others.

It seems the anger is usually aligned with results, allegiance or just plain ignorance

Maybe if the outrage and befuddlement was more consistent regardless of result and allegiance like is asked of the officials it would be easier to take seriously

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Sep 2017, 8:29 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:

I'll remember that next time LD makes a comment and we're all lumped in with him and and called 'whingeing welsh'!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Sep 2017, 8:39 pm

Griff wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:

I'll remember that next time LD makes a comment and we're all lumped in with him and and called 'whingeing welsh'!

Fair point, Griff. I try to stay away from the 'broad brush, but there a 'few' who constantly moan, and they moan so much it makes it appear that everyone moans, if you get my point? You're a reasonable guy though, so I understand your angst.

That said, I didn't watch the game but did hear that the ref wasn't great.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Sep 2017, 8:55 pm

Munchkin wrote:
Griff wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:

Fair point, Griff. I try to stay away from the 'broad brush, but there a 'few' who constantly moan, and they moan so much it makes it appear that everyone moans, if you get my point? You're a reasonable guy though, so I understand your angst.

That said, I didn't watch the game but did hear that the ref wasn't great.

I think it's a cracking quote to be fair. Can't wait for the 6 nations where I can come out with "He's just a bearded scumbag. He doesn't speak for all of us"! Haha.

To be honest I know there are Welsh whingers on here, and I'm sure you can dredge up some posts from me whingeing about some officiating, but I see a bit of ref moaning from pretty every team that loses. Yes, there are different degrees of it. And perhaps some of he Welsh fans are a bit more blunt in their approach, going straight for the jugular. But I actually find it worse when certain fans try to cover up their ref whingeing by preceding it with comments such as "I Thought the ref had a good game overall, so I'm not moaning, but...", or "the best team won, so I'm not saying it affected the result, but..." before going into a moan about the ref, consistency, missed infringements, etc. It's akin to "I'm not a racist, but..."! I think some Welsh posters are guilty of not trying to cover up their whingeing and instead wear their hearts on their sleeves a bit too much, compared to some others!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 17 Sep 2017, 9:46 pm

There's complaining about the ref, then there is blaming the ref for your team losing, then there is believing that the entire league is structured so that the Irish teams have an advantage and that the officials are a part of that...

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun 17 Sep 2017, 10:20 pm

Until the other unions develop more competent refs, the best approach is that Irish refs only ref Irish games. And maybe games against South African teams.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Sep 2017, 10:22 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:There's complaining about the ref, then there is blaming the ref for your team losing, then there is believing that the entire league is structured so that the Irish teams have an advantage and that the officials are a part of that...

Phill BB?

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sun 17 Sep 2017, 11:24 pm

Pot Hale wrote:Until the other unions develop more competent refs, the best approach is that Irish refs only ref Irish games.  And maybe games against South African teams.  

I thought the South African ref the Ospreys vs Munster game had a great game, as an aside.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 18 Sep 2017, 9:04 am

marty2086 wrote:

Firstly, lets get things straight here.

This forum is not real. Nobody said that Rob Kearney's late shoulder tackle on Lee-Lo was a cheap shot, nobody said it was a card of any colour. This place is unbelievable on times. FFS.

The call to penalise Hadley Parkes on Friday night was correct. It was the same as the incident the week before. The only difference is, one was penalised, the other was not, and BOTH went to the TMO.

This is the frustrating aspects of the officiating in our league, and this is why we get accusations of bias. But let's not let that get in the way of some of the pathetic members agenda's on here. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 18 Sep 2017, 9:06 am

No you called a legitimate tackle a shoulder charge, the only bias was from you

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 18 Sep 2017, 9:07 am

Griff wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:There's complaining about the ref, then there is blaming the ref for your team losing, then there is believing that the entire league is structured so that the Irish teams have an advantage and that the officials are a part of that...

Phill BB?

Wasn't Phil who started this thread and was going on about a Welsh ref is biased because he's paid by the IRFU

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 18 Sep 2017, 9:07 am

marty2086 wrote:No you called a legitimate tackle a shoulder charge, the only bias was from you

Ah, FFS.

marty, get a life.

You are a nightmare.

picard

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 18 Sep 2017, 9:10 am

LordDowlais wrote:
marty2086 wrote:No you called a legitimate tackle a shoulder charge, the only bias was from you

Ah, FFS.

marty, get a life.

You are a nightmare.

picard

You've went and hurt my feelings

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 18 Sep 2017, 9:16 am

Look, with regards to the both instances they were pretty much a carbon copy of each other, would you not agree ?

Both were late, both were reckless, and both really did not use their arms, but there was a case of just being late, and both were penalties, nothing more nothing less.

Now both went to the TMO, and only one was penalised. Can you now see where the frustration spawns from, and how the accusations of bias can materialise ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 18 Sep 2017, 9:20 am

No they weren't the same, one used their arms one didn't, it's only complicated for you but then again Im the nightmare

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Mon 18 Sep 2017, 9:26 am

Where do you buy your blinkers LD. They are simply not a carbon copy of each other now wise the bap.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 18 Sep 2017, 9:28 am

Ah OK, so here we go, one used the arms and the other didn't.

I give up with the Irish on here, I really do.

You talk about me having blinkers as well. FFS.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 18 Sep 2017, 9:35 am

LordDowlais wrote:Ah OK, so here we go, one used the arms and the other didn't.

Exactly, that's what makes a tackle. Your excuse was for your outrage was he didn't mean it because apparently that's a thing

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 18 Sep 2017, 9:38 am

The Irish are totally one eye'd.

picard picard picard

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 18 Sep 2017, 9:42 am

Laugh

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Mon 18 Sep 2017, 11:26 am

During one of the games on the weekend, Martin Williams was commentating (I think it was Ulster v Scarlets) and the Irish linesman alerted the referee that Ulster had transgressed at a ruck/maul, and the referee subsequently gave the Scarlets a penalty.

Martin Williams said "I tell you what, you want to make the most of those calls, because you're not going to get many of them against an Irish side from an Irish official in Ireland".

What do you think he could possibly have been hinting at ?

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 18 Sep 2017, 11:33 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:

During one of the games on the weekend, Martin Williams was commentating (I think it was Ulster v Scarlets) and the Irish linesman alerted the referee that Ulster had transgressed at a ruck/maul, and the referee subsequently gave the Scarlets a penalty.

Martin Williams said "I tell you what, you want to make the most of those calls, because you're not going to get many of them against an Irish side from an Irish official in Ireland".

Was that the linesman who kept giving those ridiculous off sides against Gareth Davies ? Laugh

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Mon 18 Sep 2017, 11:38 am

LordDowlais wrote:

Was that the linesman who kept giving those ridiculous off sides against Gareth Davies ? Laugh

I think they were all at it. I don't want to get into a slanging match again about certain incidents. But I thought Martin Williams' comments were very interesting. If there is that type of thinking amongst the former internationals and pundits then the people that get branded conspiracy theorist loonies on sites such as this one, for saying the same might actually have a point.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 18 Sep 2017, 11:40 am

I've said before that some people are influenced by commentators quite a lot. If you're listening to someone all game repeat an opinion that your side is getting wrongly pinged sometimes it sticks.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Mon 18 Sep 2017, 11:42 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:I've said before that some people are influenced by commentators quite a lot. If you're listening to someone all game repeat an opinion that your side is getting wrongly pinged sometimes it sticks.

What I'm trying to say is that we've been told that the "subconcscious bias" of officials accusations are just from lone wolf loonies on the internet. That appears not to be the case.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 18 Sep 2017, 11:44 am

LordDowlais wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

Ridiculous offsides? He was in an Ulster players face before the ball left the ruck on one occasion but its the Irish who are the problem picard

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 18 Sep 2017, 11:49 am

Oh quite rugby fan. Inability to set aside bias spreads wider than lone wolves.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 18 Sep 2017, 11:50 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:I've said before that some people are influenced by commentators quite a lot. If you're listening to someone all game repeat an opinion that your side is getting wrongly pinged sometimes it sticks.

What I'm trying to say is that we've been told that the "subconcscious bias" of officials accusations are just from lone wolf loonies on the internet. That appears not to be the case.

Who were the ARs? One of them was Italian was he not?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next