The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Renault hand Heidfeld opportunity

3 posters

Go down

Renault hand Heidfeld opportunity  Empty Renault hand Heidfeld opportunity

Post by Adam D Thu 10 Feb 2011, 9:13 am

Renault have given Nick Heidfeld the opportunity to prove himself as a possible replacement for the injured Robert Kubica in testing this week.

The German, 33, who drove for Sauber at the end of last season, was confirmed to drive alongside second driver Vitaly Petrov as well as Bruno Senna in Spain.

Kubica, 26, is recovering in hospital after suffering multiple fractures during a rallying accident in Italy.

Heidfeld has 11 years of experience in Formula 1, with five different teams.

Renault chairman Gerard Lopez said the British-based team want a driver with experience and the capability to challenge for the championship.

Senna, who raced for the Hispania team for much of last year in his rookie season, is the first reserve at Renault and will share driving duties with Heidfield in the R31 at this week's second test in Jerez, which begins on Thursday.

source and full story - bbc website - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9392434.stm

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Renault hand Heidfeld opportunity  Empty Re: Renault hand Heidfeld opportunity

Post by Stevi555 Thu 10 Feb 2011, 1:27 pm

Of the three names(possible 4) in the frame for Kubica's seat, I'd chose Heidfeld. If he puts in a good test and with knowledge of the Pirelli characteristics I think he stands the best chance of securing the drive for this year. That's my opinion anyhow. Find out pretty soon.
Stevi555
Stevi555

Back to top Go down

Post by theenigmathatisTIDALBAY Thu 10 Feb 2011, 4:26 pm

yeah would have to agree, with stevi555. senna is probably too inexperienced along with petrov and i dont think liuzzi is good enough to be frank

theenigmathatisTIDALBAY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down