The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heidfeld replaces Kubica

Go down

Heidfeld replaces Kubica Empty Heidfeld replaces Kubica

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:31 pm

This announcement comes as no great surprise after the Heidfeld impressed in a test at Jerez in Spain, setting the fastest time on Saturday.

Renault team principal Eric Boullier said the former Sauber, Jordan and Williams driver was the "ideal man for the job".

"The team has been through a very difficult couple of weeks and we had to react quickly," said Boullier.
"We gave Nick a chance in Jerez last week and he really impressed us."
"He's quick, experienced and is very strong technically with his feedback and understanding of the car."

"I would have liked to come back to Formula 1 in different circumstances, but I'm proud to have been given this chance," added Heidfeld.

More on the story at: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9399985.stm

Back to top Go down

Heidfeld replaces Kubica Empty Re: Heidfeld replaces Kubica

Post by Stevi555 Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:33 pm

Was the outcome most expected to be honest. Glad to see Heidfeld with a race for this year at least. He's in a car that's showing promise and it'll be interesting to see what he throws into the mix this year, and believe me I think he will. Not withstanding the fact he is familiar with the Pirellis characteristics (understatement) and im sure he'll be cause for concern to some no doubt throughout this season. Looking forward too it. Very Happy
Stevi555
Stevi555

Back to top Go down