The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Trump Presidency

+37
Pie
the-goon
Luckless Pedestrian
MrInvisible
profitius
Sin é
SecretFly
Marky
ShahenshahG
Taylorman
Duty281
BamBam
Good Golly I'm Olly
aja424
lostinwales
GSC
Pal Joey
Mad for Chelsea
catchweight
88Chris05
JuliusHMarx
kingraf
Dolphin Ziggler
Ent
No 7&1/2
Samo
superflyweight
Gwlad
Galted
LionsV2
navyblueshorts
TRUSSMAN66
Hero
mikey_dragon
Muscular-mouse
Scottrf
Pr4wn
41 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 18 Empty The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 15:41

First topic message reminder :

Assault rifle.

That is not self-defence.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 18 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 25 Apr 2019 - 9:05

First big test in the Primaries....New Hampshire...The old granite state...

Has an interesting poll...

Sanders....30
Biden........18
Buttigieg...15..

Big state to win....Decent size delegates but more importantly momentum and the extra donation money that will follow..

Early days though yet..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 25 Apr 2019 - 9:50

As I mentioned the North East in my last post...Amazes me how many people think 'New England' has something to do with the War of Independence....Boston Tea Party etc...

Basically named as such because a bunch of English puritans escaped and settled there in the early 17th Century...

Bit of useless drivel for you..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 6 May 2019 - 12:33

Trump up to 47% approval with Harris and up to 43% with Yougov....Which lends credence to my theory that no real news is good news for incumbents....

Harris also gives Biden a 30 point lead over Sanders in the Dem race..

None of the other candidates are gaining any traction.

But things can change..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 14 May 2019 - 8:59

Have this terrible feeling warmonger Bolton will try to convince Trump that military action with someone will get him a second term....Bush only beat Kerry because of Iraq (popular enough at the time)...

It is the way these Hawks think unfortunately and Bolton is a dangerous Man..

In less depressing news...Emerson has two polls out in the Dem contest...

Landline poll

Biden 43
Sanders 15

Non landline

Sanders 37
Biden.....16

Shows the nature of the support.....Certainly at the moment it is a two horse race.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 14 May 2019 - 9:45

I really don't understand the Iran angle at all.

Let's not forget that the US overthrew the democratically elected leaders of Iran way back when and installed a dictatorship that ended up with the Islamic Revolution.

The way I see it, Iran has a lot more to fear from the US than vice versa.

Also, the US has had just 16 peaceful years in its 242 year history, yet they're the first to point out aggressors.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 14 May 2019 - 10:01

Election year next year.....Presidents acting tough against a foreign menace always does wonders for popularity, I'm ashamed to say, going back to Jefferson and the Barbary wars....

Trouble at home look abroad....A bit like Syria last year....(Tough President that will keep us safe etc)

War plays well with red necks...Who think Iranians live in Caves and burn American flags for the minimum wage...

Rather depressing really..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 14 May 2019 - 10:14

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Election year next year.....Presidents acting tough against a foreign menace always does wonders for popularity, I'm ashamed to say, going back to Jefferson and the Barbary wars....

Trouble at home look abroad....A bit like Syria last year....(Tough President that will keep us safe etc)

War plays well with red necks...Who think Iranians live in Caves and burn American flags for the minimum wage...

Rather depressing really..
Not wrong there.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Pie Thu 16 May 2019 - 2:03

Countries who have massive MIC economies running on arms deals and huge standing armed forces need a war every 10 years to keep the orders coming in

Pie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 16 May 2019 - 8:28

You don't need a War..You need the threat of one...Iraq and Afghanistan plunged the USA into monetary depths it is still  suffering from.....Crank up Persophobia...exaggerate the threat and the arms industry gets increased subsidy..

Short term though the Country gets behind its Leaders when there is a call to arms....The buyer's remorse comes later.

Election year start in a couple of months..

No doubt Trump has been told that ad nauseum by Bolton..

Not that oil is a backstory....Second largest oil Company is North Iranian Oil.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu 16 May 2019 - 11:34

Bolton. The guy who was too much of a crackpot even for the Bush administration.

He makes Rumsfeld look like Mother Theresa.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 17 May 2019 - 11:16

Pr4wn wrote:Bolton. The guy who was too much of a crackpot even for the Bush administration.

He makes Rumsfeld look like Mother Theresa.
Every time I see his face, I want to punch it. Also, another political 'hawk', whose record of either serving during, or understanding actual war, is pathetic. Typical behaviour of someone with a small p***k. Disgraceful and bit like his boss just now.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 30 May 2019 - 23:08

Not had a US Dem poll for a while..

Yougov.

Sanders 28
Biden.....27
Warren...9

Two guys who have 160 years between them...

Way out front..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 3 Jun 2019 - 14:01

Beautiful thing about Trump, he forces people to be honest.  People who might otherwise hide behind the nothing-speak of platitudinous diplomatic-speech are goaded to be their true selves when confronted by Trump's presence, politics or tweets.
He's forced lifelong Everymen (characters that try to pretend they see all sides in any debate) to emerge from their affected high ground of neutral placidity to instead spit invective, to taunt and sneer all that they hate and despise.
It's refreshing and it's cathartic - and few can now escape back into that sphere of affected indifference and neutrality that has seen them carve careers either in politics, business, entertainment or academia on the pretence that they were devoid of any opinion on anything that would remotely offend anyone.
Yep, Trump forced them to the surface. Thank you, Mr President - an invaluable service rendered.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 3 Jun 2019 - 16:27

Barely landed in the country and he was insulting Sadiq Khan on Twitter. You've got to admire his diplomacy if nothing else.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 3 Jun 2019 - 18:51

As much as I dislike Trump I wish that Sadiq Khan would do more to protect Londoners from knife crime than protect us from Donald Trump.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 3 Jun 2019 - 21:08

Galted wrote:As much as I dislike Trump I wish that Sadiq Khan would do more to protect Londoners from knife crime than protect us from Donald Trump.

A good deal of the blame for that goes back to a certain home secretary who went and cut police budgets. I believe she changed jobs but have not idea what happened to her.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 3 Jun 2019 - 21:44

SecretFly wrote:Beautiful thing about Trump, he forces people to be honest.  People who might otherwise hide behind the nothing-speak of platitudinous diplomatic-speech are goaded to be their true selves when confronted by Trump's presence, politics or tweets.
He's forced lifelong Everymen (characters that try to pretend they see all sides in any debate) to emerge from their affected high ground of neutral placidity to instead spit invective, to taunt and sneer all that they hate and despise.
It's refreshing and it's cathartic - and few can now escape back into that sphere of affected indifference and neutrality that has seen them carve careers either in politics, business, entertainment or academia on the pretence that they were devoid of any opinion on anything that would remotely offend anyone.
Yep, Trump forced them to the surface. Thank you, Mr President - an invaluable service rendered.
Yessss. If you say so.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 3 Jun 2019 - 22:39

Not really sure what Corbyn is doing protesting tomorrow..You might have to work with Trump eventually..

Not a good move for any serious politician..

As for Trump...Taking aside the stupid Sadiq Khan tweet its been a good day..

Said the right things...Followed protocol and lots of footage for the Apple pie Society back home of him being accepted by the British Royal family..

The Queen is very popular in America probably more so than here..

That is all you have to do...Smile and say everything is wonderful..

See if he can keep it up..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 3 Jun 2019 - 23:11

I thought Melania looked nice. Definitely doable.  Smile
It was like a throwback to a BA hostess with that nice scarf... as she negotiated the stairs and tried to walk across the tarmac in those high heels.

Hope they enjoy their stay... and she finds an ornate chair near a nice sunny window overlooking the garden at Winfield House to unwind a bit... and soak up some sun in her lingerie, high heels and sunglasses.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 4 Jun 2019 - 9:32

Pal Joey wrote:I thought Melania looked nice. Definitely doable.  Smile
It was like a throwback to a BA hostess with that nice scarf... as she negotiated the stairs and tried to walk across the tarmac in those high heels.

Hope they enjoy their stay... and she finds an ornate chair near a nice sunny window overlooking the garden at Winfield House to unwind a bit... and soak up some sun in her lingerie, high heels and sunglasses.

You horrid sexist/racist/homophobic/climate change denying dinosaur! How very dare you have such oafish, toxic masculinity, rustic Aussie filthy thoughts about a female gender social crumpet unit!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 4 Jun 2019 - 9:40

SecretFly wrote:

You horrid sexist/racist/homophobic/climate change denying dinosaur!  How very dare you have such oafish, toxic masculinity, rustic Aussie filthy thoughts about a female gender social crumpet unit!  

Are you quoting Melania directly ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 4 Jun 2019 - 9:48

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

You horrid sexist/racist/homophobic/climate change denying dinosaur!  How very dare you have such oafish, toxic masculinity, rustic Aussie filthy thoughts about a female gender social crumpet unit!  

Are you quoting Melania directly ??

Nope, the rumours spread are not true. That's not what she said to Donald on their first date. It's close but the Mueller report redacted the best bits. That Mueller guy needs to cheer up and release more of the good stuff.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 4 Jun 2019 - 10:38

You do know there are (apparently) some pictures of her out there on the web from her 'modelling' days.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 4 Jun 2019 - 10:47

lostinwales wrote:

You do know there are (apparently) some pictures of her out there on the web from her 'modelling' days.

Yes, there's the one on a rug in the jet with not much on. Also some ones of her doing some posing / stretching exercises on a bed.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 4 Jun 2019 - 11:54

Pal Joey wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

Yes, there's the one on a rug in the jet with not much on..

Air force one ???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 4 Jun 2019 - 13:53

It's his OWN HAIR! He proved it!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 4 Jun 2019 - 15:07

So Corbyn gets very public about attending a protest against the large bad orange man in the nappy but forgets to also include that he asked to have a meeting with sworn enemy of Progressive Liberal Green Marxism.  "I think you're a despicable asswhole and...and btw, can I also have a meeting with you, please - thank you."

These people are being advised by comedians.... it's slapstick stuff the whole way through.  They load Trump's gun for him and then wonder how come he's always got so much ammo in his belt to shoot his mouth off with.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 4 Jun 2019 - 15:21

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

Yes, there's the one on a rug in the jet with not much on..

Air force one ???

Could be... but it looks like it was some time ago. Pre Donald. Maybe some private jet used by the modelling industry back in the 90s?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 8 Jun 2019 - 8:28

Warren and Sanders are cancelling eachother out at the moment....Similar voting records...Fairly similar policies..

More importantly a set of voters that would switch to the other If their candidate was out of the race..

Giving Biden a home run.....Certainly a problem they will need to sort out.

No doubt Biden will pick Kamala Harris as his VP.....But Sanders/Warren would be a cracking team..

Whatever...None of them can win with the other in the race with Biden 10%+ clear in the last few polls.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 8 Jun 2019 - 11:10

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Warren and Sanders are cancelling eachother out at the moment....Similar voting records...Fairly similar policies..

More importantly a set of voters that would switch to the other If their candidate was out of the race..

Giving Biden a home run.....Certainly a problem they will need to sort out.

No doubt Biden will pick Kamala Harris as his VP.....But Sanders/Warren would be a cracking team..

Whatever...None of them can win with the other in the race with Biden 10%+ clear in the last few polls.

Oh yeah.  The woman who openly admitted in interview that Hillary's people RIGGED the Democratic Primary against Sanders, yet still, despite the evident corruption of that act - and others, endorsed Hillary Clinton for President.

They'd make a fine team.  A man who knew he was cheated by Clinton, a woman who knew he was cheated by Clinton, yet both backed the cheater for President coz she was a woman and wasn't 'corrupt' like that evil man Trump.

It's a cert this election is going to be as fun as the last one and it's equally as much a cert that the Democrats will be marketed yet again as the saintly, do-gooder, principled and morally elevated bunch that history directly tells us is so not the truth.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 9 Jun 2019 - 10:44

Can't think why a relative lefty Democrat in Warren wouldn't back....Anti Abortion...Racist...Misogynistic..War hawk....Tax breaks for the 1%...Donald Trump..

The mind boggles..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 10 Jun 2019 - 21:22

While I'm pro choice and passionately believe a Woman has the right to choose full stop...Biden's U turn on having some pro life views shows everything that is wrong with Politics...

PBS poll on Roe v Wade..

Pro choice....57 +10
Pro life..........35 - 12

Sick of principles being tanked because of Public opinion..

Either you have beliefs or you don't..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 11 Jun 2019 - 8:59

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:While I'm pro choice and passionately believe a Woman has the right to choose full stop...Biden's U turn on having some pro life views shows everything that is wrong with Politics...

PBS poll on Roe v Wade..

Pro choice....57 +10
Pro life..........35 - 12

Sick of principles being tanked because of Public opinion..

Either you have beliefs or you don't..
Has he become pro-choice again then? Principles are one thing, but if you can't change held views as a result of evidence/debate/discussion, then politics is pretty schidt and really only amounts to dogma, hunches and beliefs. Not ideal I suggest.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 11 Jun 2019 - 9:02

Bloody heck...navy is....... right!

But.......

There is always one coming - forgive....

But, there is also something very familiar called political opportunism - that is to say, changing your stripes to get more votes.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 11 Jun 2019 - 9:34

Probably best to stick with dogma, hunches and random beliefs then. That way, we can all slag them off with no concerns.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 11 Jun 2019 - 15:31

Biden is from the Hillary Clinton school of principles. .

They are for other people....

Many years ago he plagiarized word for word a speech by Neil Kinnock...

Ended up with him being hammered by Dukakis...

But saying all this...If he is the Dem choice.. Hope he wins.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline Wed 12 Jun 2019 - 1:27

Trump is the greatest president ever

pauline

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 12 Jun 2019 - 9:13

It's fun. "Ya know, the candidate I'll support is unprincipled, dodgy in his ethics and moral values, touches people when they don't want to be touched but he's a Democrat, so I hope he wins.
Can't let Trump back in, he's unprincipled, dodgy in his ethics and moral values and touches people when they don't want to be touched."

Best comedy in the world is politics.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 12 Jun 2019 - 9:27

pauline wrote:Trump is the greatest president ever
picard
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 12 Jun 2019 - 9:30

SecretFly wrote:It's fun.  "Ya know, the candidate I'll support is unprincipled, dodgy in his ethics and moral values, touches people when they don't want to be touched but he's a Democrat, so I hope he wins.  
Can't let Trump back in, he's unprincipled, dodgy in his ethics and moral values and touches people when they don't want to be touched."

Second best - after your posts.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 12 Jun 2019 - 9:42

pauline wrote:Trump is the greatest president ever

As that James Bond baddy says: Probably. Cool

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 12 Jun 2019 - 9:44

JuliusHMarx wrote:
SecretFly wrote:It's fun.  "Ya know, the candidate I'll support is unprincipled, dodgy in his ethics and moral values, touches people when they don't want to be touched but he's a Democrat, so I hope he wins.  

Second best - after your posts.

Much obliged, Julius OK

Remember now, it's the unprincipled character you're voting for, not the unprincipled guy.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 12 Jun 2019 - 12:45

Quinnipac poll (head to head matchips)

Biden...... 53 - Trump 40
Sanders...51 - Trump 42
Warren.....49 - Trump 41

Quite something with a rise in living standards in the last three  years and a fall in Unemployment to be getting trashed like this...

Trump's approvals in the rust belt are horrendous and the rust belt will win or lose 2020..

Still....He will benefit from incumbency when time comes and the above Candidates have been known to be error prone especially Uncle Joe.

Long way to go..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 14 Jun 2019 - 12:04

Sarah Sanders has now quit after not holding a press briefing in a record-breaking 94 days.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 14 Jun 2019 - 12:42

Good girl...that learned 'em! Cool

Why do private establishment information/propaganda devises feel they deserve the honour of a press-briefing anyway?  Some are more equal than others?

This is the electronic age - other news options have emerged.  The stale printed controlled press don't like it.  "We demand the White House formally answers questions!"

Oh shut it, you eejits.  Listen to him on Twitter.  All the good stuff is there.  Insults, put downs, jokes, tantrums, name calling.  Newspapers is dead.  Hallelujah.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 14 Jun 2019 - 12:47

SecretFly wrote:Listen to him on Twitter.  All the good stuff is there.  Insults, put downs, jokes, tantrums, name calling.

And above all else, lies. Big f*cking whoppers. Easily-disprovable ones. The man lies as easily as he breathes.

And before you start Fly, facts and opinions are very different things. A lie can't be true. Donald Trump is an inveterate liar.

It is not a good thing for a head of state - any head of state - to lie as frequently as he does.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 14 Jun 2019 - 14:11

Hang around, Luckless.  It's even more dangerous that a Nation's secret services lie to their own people about the legitimacy of a Presidential campaign.  

And they did...in cahoots with lying politicians, including Obama, Clinton, and many others, ...in cahoots with a lying conspiratorial media,
...in cahoots with Foreign Governments (not Russia but potentially your very own and Australia) to stifle
Trump's candidacy and to then impede his Presidency.  

And why? Because Clinton - who stole the Democratic candidacy from Sanders - was the chosen one.

She didn't win and all hell has broken out since trying to stop the man from exposing the truth - conspiracy by foreign entities in cahoots with American citizens to influence an American Presidential Election in favour of the chosen one, Hillary Clinton.

Like I've said before, Luckless - projection.... blame Trump for the crimes they themselves were involved in before he gets the opportunity to turn the tide.  But the tide has turned.  Mueller, another executioner approved by the Democrats, was designed to 'prove' Trump a traitor to his country.  He came away empty handed.  
But if the accusations were presented, someone had to have created them, didn't they.  That's the next ongoing stage.

Lying to the media who tried to hang him with false claims for two years.  Good man Trump.  Keep it up.  Democratic Party (and Republican!) stooges - not journalists.  The Moon is a part of Mars Laugh  Keep it up Trump.  You're driving them nuts.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 14 Jun 2019 - 14:22

Whooosh.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 14 Jun 2019 - 17:21

Tin foil alert!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Pie Sat 15 Jun 2019 - 4:25

Lying means nothing now nor do 'facts' because the old order has been replaced by social media. For every fact your reference I can reference a fact that disputes it hence there is now no such thing as a lie.

In fact the bigger the lie then the bigger the cohones and the more the system erodes because there is no one capable of dealing with it. The King is dead, long live the King.

Welcome to 21st century populism. Politics is dead, and that ain't even a bad thing.

Pie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next