The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Superstar Shakeup Rumored For After SummerSlam

+3
Marky
Samo
VDT
7 posters

Go down

Another Superstar Shakeup Rumored For After SummerSlam Empty Another Superstar Shakeup Rumored For After SummerSlam

Post by VDT Thu 27 Jul 2017, 4:06 pm

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there are reports that there are possible plans for a Superstar shakeup coming again after Summerslam. This is not confirmed, but sources have told he Wrestling Observer Newsletter that roster moves are coming in the fall. The Superstar shakeup did great ratings both nights, but there was a noticeable drop in the numbers afterwards.

Many feel that the shakeup led to less interesting rosters, with many unexplained moves like Cena being billed as a free agent, Lesnar being scheduled for Smackdown live events and Jordan being moved from Smackdown to Raw with no explanation as to how the move was made.

One thing being discusses is sending a few names to NXT in the superstar shakeup. These people would be, “people who were major stars in NXT that Vince McMahon simply isn’t going to push even if they are over, or people who are doing nothing on the main roster with the idea they could be more useful as major players on NXT.”
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Another Superstar Shakeup Rumored For After SummerSlam Empty Re: Another Superstar Shakeup Rumored For After SummerSlam

Post by Samo Thu 27 Jul 2017, 6:21 pm

Hated the format of the Superstar shakeup. And Im not a fan of another one so soon. I'd rather they left it well alone and did another draft after Summerslam. The draft always felt important and was a big occasion.

Aleistar Black is coming up soon. Calling it.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Another Superstar Shakeup Rumored For After SummerSlam Empty Re: Another Superstar Shakeup Rumored For After SummerSlam

Post by Marky Thu 27 Jul 2017, 6:34 pm

I'd love Aleister Black to be called up. The lack of big Feuds in NXT for him suggests it could well happen. I did read somewhere that the top brass are very big on him.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 27 Jul 2017, 6:42 pm

I'd not be shocked to see some of the former NXT guys and girls go back into NXT.

The likes of Luke Harper, The Ascension and Kalisto would all be great on NXT

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 27 Jul 2017, 10:06 pm

Black was working dark matches on the main roster a while back on Superstars or whatever. I heard top brass are keen on him aswell.

Given NXT is a touring brand now and does a guaranteed 4 huge Takeovers a year, would it really be seen as a demotion?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 27 Jul 2017, 10:08 pm

If their going to demote people their going to need to extend NXT to 2 hours & SD possibly 3 hours. Just to fit everyone in.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 28 Jul 2017, 2:37 am

the 'Superstar shake-up' ruined all the momentum WWE had built coming out of WrestleMania, it took them a month after it to settle into a new pattern, no idea why they'd want to do all that again.

the draft should be on the first SD after WrestleMania, they've already marketed RAW as WrestleMania Monday and it works, SD would gove them the opportunity to squash fueds permanently by drafting guys apart

Hope Bobby Roode gets a call up, he'd give SD some much needed star power

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 28 Jul 2017, 9:48 am

Tye Dillinger will probably be sent straight back down.

I've always thought that main roster members should be fighting in NXT more, it worked perfectly with Cesaro and Tyson Kidd. It also gives the opportunity for mid-card wrestlers to look better as the story should be that NXT is still the minor leagues at this stage and even those half way up the main roster card are capable of competing in the main events of NXT.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 28 Jul 2017, 10:40 am

Crimey wrote:Tye Dillinger will probably be sent straight back down.

I've always thought that main roster members should be fighting in NXT more, it worked perfectly with Cesaro and Tyson Kidd. It also gives the opportunity for mid-card wrestlers to look better as the story should be that NXT is still the minor leagues at this stage and even those half way up the main roster card are capable of competing in the main events of NXT.

Cant agree, he's only been there a couple of months. They need to give him more of a shot. This is the problem with putting your mid card belt on your upper card guys, because its what guys like Dillinger should have programs built around. Dont disagree about guys being sent back the way. It would also give NXT a boost in star power its lost recently.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 28 Jul 2017, 11:15 am

Samo wrote:
Crimey wrote:Tye Dillinger will probably be sent straight back down.

Cant agree, he's only been there a couple of months.  They need to give him more of a shot.  This is the problem with putting your mid card belt on your upper card guys, because its what guys like Dillinger should have programs built around.  Dont disagree about guys being sent back the way.  It would also give NXT a boost in star power its lost recently.

Whether or not you agree or disagree, it's probably going to happen. Dillinger isn't good enough anyway. Whilst the standard of programming is poor right now, the quality of the roster is very high and Dillinger probably could have been an upper midcarder in 2010, he's not good enough right now. He's actually probably better served, more useful and more interesting to fans back in NXT.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 28 Jul 2017, 1:17 pm

He's perfectly good enough to be on the roster, but it's about whether he's fancied by the staff he's working under. If Vince is still hands on of stars in Smackdown then he may suffer.

I'd guess Breeze and Fandango may be worried.

Do they still need jobbers? I'd guess Hawkins is staying there for that and cos he'd have no impact anyway.

Ziggler should try it, would presume The Club are on big contracts though. There's some good wrestlers who deserve more. Crews, Goldust, Enzo, Harper, Rowan, Gable, Colons and Ascension.

I'd watch NXT more regularly if they pushed some of those properly. Even a main roster faction would be good.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 28 Jul 2017, 2:05 pm

I think Breeze and Fandango will be OK, they might not be anything to anyone in ring but they've built a good niche for themselves and get plenty of TV time, when you consider guys like Dillinger who can't get near a camera they two should be fine.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 28 Jul 2017, 4:03 pm

Breezango have been good fun for a while, and I love the Fashion Files segments. Its a refreshing break to get a comedy spot in WWE thats actually funny. Couple that that they're both fine in ring and in a tag division that desperately need teams I dont see them going anywhere.

With AA being split it would have been a great time to bring up DIY if they hadnt split.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 28 Jul 2017, 5:53 pm

Issue with Breezango is that their support backstage might be the type that won't be able to keep them there but maybe have influence in NXT. Apparently they are also getting low viewing figures for their segments on YouTube and so you can argue their success is with the type of audience that Vince doesn't chase. Their success is with sorts who like NXT.

I love them, best thing on Smackdown for me and it's frustrating they aren't given more ring time as both can go, but just saying they're a possibility if Vince doesn't like/get them.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down