The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rumored Summerslam matches

+2
GSC
VDT
6 posters

Go down

Rumored Summerslam matches Empty Rumored Summerslam matches

Post by VDT Thu 09 Aug 2012, 6:41 pm

- Tag Team Champions Kofi Kingston & R-Truth vs. Titus O’Neil & Darren Young vs. Primo & Epico.

- Intercontinental Champion The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio.

- Damien Sandow vs. Brodus Clay.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

No Jinder Mahal vs Ryback in a barbed wire steel cage death match? Gutted!!!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Rumored Summerslam matches Empty Re: Rumored Summerslam matches

Post by GSC Thu 09 Aug 2012, 7:20 pm

Is this rumoured, or just from watching Raw/knowing SD spoilers?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu 09 Aug 2012, 7:52 pm

Is there enough time to get a AW v Kobe Bryant maatch ready?
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu 09 Aug 2012, 9:13 pm

Like those matches, actually meaningful and relevant to current story lines. They had to have a triple threat tag match, keeps the tag team division progressing.

Miz vs Rey is a good match and if Miz can defend successfully will be a good name to have on his successful defences of the IC, maintains its prestige also with two former world champions competing for it, unlike Santino, who needs to drop the US title.

Brodus vs Sandow is a good match for both. Clay has won almost every match since returning so its a good match for Sandow, and really its for both of them their first meaningful feud. Plus again its not a random match thrown together, its keeping in line with the storyline with Sandow attacking Brodus recently.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by jp97 Mon 13 Aug 2012, 12:19 am

I would like to see Antonio Cesaro against Santino for the United States Championship, a title change is needed. Really would be bad booking if Brodus was to beat Sandow,he needs a good run.

Is Brock likely to win?.I hope so but WWE seem to be pointing towards a HHH win.

jp97

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon 13 Aug 2012, 12:06 pm

jp97 wrote:I would like to see Antonio Cesaro against Santino for the United States Championship, a title change is needed. Really would be bad booking if Brodus was to beat Sandow,he needs a good run.

Is Brock likely to win?.I hope so but WWE seem to be pointing towards a HHH win.

Clay has been beating Sandow at during their tour of asia!

Brock has got to win or what was the point of bring him back just to job!!!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:13 pm

Brock will win with interference from someone to start a stable with Brock, Heyman and that person.

Possibly Barrett??

Back to top Go down

Post by jp97 Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:32 pm

I just don't see a major star playing second fiddle to Brock and Heyman. Barrett is too near the main event scene to start backing up Brock. I would like to see Brock demolish HHH by himself, it's the only real way to show that he is a force.

jp97

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:35 pm

jp97 wrote:I just don't see a major star playing second fiddle to Brock and Heyman. Barrett is too near the main event scene to start backing up Brock. I would like to see Brock demolish HHH by himself, it's the only real way to show that he is a force.

Wouldn't sat Barrett is a major star just yet, he could of been had they booked him right going forward from nexus/Cena

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by jp97 Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:41 pm

I wouldn't say he was a major star either, but he is most certainly big enough to find a path without Brock and Heyman. I would like to see Barrett going after Sheamus and the World Heavyweight Championship or a feud to get him to the next level. The only way I would want someone to join up with Brock would either be a midcarder to get them over, or a main event guy who would eventually turn on Lesnar and get a major rub that way.

jp97

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:50 pm

If they did have Brock team up in a stable of some kind It doesn't just necessarily have to be just to get someone over, If the story line was gripping or made sense then I would welcome it. Even having Punk join Lesnar would be solid booking imo because ..... well he's a Paul Heyman kinda guy.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:50 pm

jp97 wrote:I wouldn't say he was a major star either, but he is most certainly big enough to find a path without Brock and Heyman. I would like to see Barrett going after Sheamus and the World Heavyweight Championship or a feud to get him to the next level. The only way I would want someone to join up with Brock would either be a midcarder to get them over, or a main event guy who would eventually turn on Lesnar and get a major rub that way.

There is talk of the Dudley's returning the wwe soon, putting them in a stable with Brock and Heyman could good way of re-inducing them with the ECW connection
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jp97 Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:55 pm

I wouldn't want to see Punk involved with Brock and Heyman, I don't think he needs it. Heyman is a mouthpiece and Punk doesn't need one of those, plus having him in a stable with Brock would mean two main event calibre guys sharing the limelight, which for me doesn't work.

I wouldn't mind a tag team being involved if that division was being re-vamped but otherwise don't see much point. Brock Lesnar isn't the sort of character that should need a stable to back him up. He is a legit crazy tough man and should be booked as such.

jp97

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 13 Aug 2012, 3:17 pm

jp97 wrote:I wouldn't want to see Punk involved with Brock and Heyman, I don't think he needs it. Heyman is a mouthpiece and Punk doesn't need one of those, plus having him in a stable with Brock would mean two main event calibre guys sharing the limelight, which for me doesn't work.

I wouldn't mind a tag team being involved if that division was being re-vamped but otherwise don't see much point. Brock Lesnar isn't the sort of character that should need a stable to back him up. He is a legit crazy tough man and should be booked as such.

But that's just it, he hasn't been booked like that. He should of beat Cena (Cena having 2 loss' at ppv's would not of hurt him) and hasn't exactly had much of the upper hand with HHH in the build up now either. In my opinion Brock has only been signed to lose to the loyal big star names. (HHH, Cena and Taker), In some twisted punishment/revenge for leaving all them years ago after being handed the world.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by jp97 Mon 13 Aug 2012, 3:24 pm

But booking him as a guy who needs backup to win fights would be just as bad if not worse than what they are doing now. I don't know what WWE are playing at. Maybe your right, they might just want to punish him for leaving, but in essence they have then just ruined the a whole year's worth of booking.

They shouldn't have bothered signing this multi-million pound contract with Lesnar if it wasn't going to turn into something spectacular. They have literally paid over $5 million just to massage Hunter's ego if Brock doesn't win at Summerslam.

jp97

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 13 Aug 2012, 3:28 pm

jp97 wrote:But booking him as a guy who needs backup to win fights would be just as bad if not worse than what they are doing now. I don't know what WWE are playing at. Maybe your right, they might just want to punish him for leaving, but in essence they have then just ruined the a whole year's worth of booking.

They shouldn't have bothered signing this multi-million pound contract with Lesnar if it wasn't going to turn into something spectacular. They have literally paid over $5 million just to massage Hunter's ego if Brock doesn't win at Summerslam.

Id say that goes for Cena and Taker also and WWE can afford to waste that much to do it. That's what makes it so twisted in my eyes,

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 13 Aug 2012, 3:32 pm

Given the limited appearances for Brock I would of still had him return and F5 Cena the night after wrestlemania but I would of slow built the match for summerslam then have another slow build for a match with HHH at survivor then have him face Undertaker at wrestlemaina. For me that would of been the best way to utilize him.

I also would of been happy with him losing if that was the way it has to be but at least the matches would of had big build up and big match feel to them.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by jp97 Mon 13 Aug 2012, 3:41 pm

I don't know whether I agree with anything that has happened since Lesnar's return. Although I was very pleased to see him return and F-5 Cena, the story in the end was a complete waste of time and proved nothing and gained very little for anybody involved.

Cena was supposed to be contemplating his WWE career and starting from the bottom, really doubting himself. Next minute he has defeated Lesnar and all was forgotten, Cena was back on the track to the top. Brock then entered into this program with Cena and everything has been so rushed.

I don't think Brock should have lost to Cena, nor do I believe he should lose a contest with HHH. This is supposed to be one of the most unstoppable forces in WWE history.Cena should have taken a break after the beating he sustained from Brock, even if he did win the match, the mere fact he came back the next week and no sold the feud stopped any Lesnar momentum in its tracks.

Brock should leave Hunter a bloodied mess this sunday and really put himself on top. He is a former UFC Heavyweight Champion and he has been made to look pretty ordinary. It is so embarrassing to watch them paint HHH out as a real tough guy over Lesnar.

jp97

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 13 Aug 2012, 3:41 pm

JP97, are you really just 14?

Reading what you have posted I was thinking you were much older

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by jp97 Mon 13 Aug 2012, 3:43 pm

I'm 15 next month.My brother is a massive fan of wrestling,ufc and that is the only reason I have any knowledge of WWE. He used to work for Silvervision and I got all the old dvd's from his time there.

jp97

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 13 Aug 2012, 3:46 pm

Fair play, I have got a lot of videos but mainly because I taped them on the TV.

By all accounts HHH wanted this match pretty badly which is the indication for me that he won't lose.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 13 Aug 2012, 3:48 pm

Barrett isn't even a minor star yet

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by jp97 Mon 13 Aug 2012, 3:51 pm

I don't think HHH will lose, but if he wins then I don't see how Brock can be taken seriously any more?.I would like Brock to win by destroying HHH and have Michaels hurt in the match as well. Then Heyman to get on the mic after the match, run down Michaels and Hunter before the gong sounds. A 6-7 month Ufc-style build up to the Mania showdown is what I would like to see.

jp97

Back to top Go down

Post by jp97 Mon 13 Aug 2012, 3:55 pm

Barrett probably isn't a "star" as such in any sense of the word, but for me he can make his way own way in WWE without needing to join up with Brock Lesnar.

jp97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down