The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

american gods

3 posters

Go down

american gods Empty american gods

Post by compelling and rich Wed 21 Jun 2017, 5:23 pm

anybody started watching this yet, haven't started the tv series but i have been reading the book and its been tough going. very strange and not sure how its going to translate to the tv screen

been on the book for about 6 months, normally do at least 3 books in that time. think i'll plough on and finish it before deciding on the tv series.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

american gods Empty Re: american gods

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Thu 22 Jun 2017, 9:21 am

Never read the book but two episodes in. Similar to your reading of the book finding the show very strange so far but seems to be getting good reviews. Has a very artistic feel to the way its been sot. Reminds me of Hannibal a bit.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 11 Jul 2017, 6:34 pm

finished the book, picked up in the end but certainly wasn't anything brilliant like all the reviews suggest. probably Americans creaming their pants over a book because it features america in the name.

having spoke to someone who's watched the show, sounds like it could vary from the book. unless he got it completely wrong

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 14 Sep 2017, 4:42 pm

Read the book over 3 or 4 days on holiday and really enjoyed it - as it felt different and original. Writing quality was OK.

Series does differ - and they spend a lot more time over some of the lesser characters. I feel mixed about it, as there is only so much pretentious b0llocks a man can take. It does however have Ian McShane which is always a good thing, and I like a lot of the ideas.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 29 Jun 2019, 4:20 pm

Somewhat later. Still think the book is very good but these things are never to everyone's taste.

TV series. 1st series was good, very weird in places but if done well not a bad thing. 2nd series was terrible. Same actors, decent production values, but slow and felt like a lot was a waste of time. I actually gave up on it before the last episode.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down