The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spartacus: Blood and Sand and Spartacus Gods of the Arena

5 posters

Go down

Spartacus: Blood and Sand and Spartacus Gods of the Arena Empty Spartacus: Blood and Sand and Spartacus Gods of the Arena

Post by Djmitch Mon 28 Feb 2011 - 13:39

Having watched and completed both, i got to admit this show is awesome... displayed before every episode is a statement this it is intended to depict what life in Rome was truly like at the time. This is not for the squeamish and i am talking extreme violence and s*xual content in hierarchy of Roman society.

The gladiators were slaves for the free and wealthy's enjoyment. The camera work is fantastic, it really draws the viewer into moment and is utterly shocking. It's purpose is to glorify the lives of these gladiators and it does this with great success. The character development is great and the characters are very believable even though they come from a much different era.

Spartacus Gods of the Arena is a prequal to blood and sand. I for one cant wait for season 3 which is out 2012

Anyone else seen it?
Djmitch
Djmitch

Back to top Go down

Spartacus: Blood and Sand and Spartacus Gods of the Arena Empty Re: Spartacus: Blood and Sand and Spartacus Gods of the Arena

Post by CFCNick Mon 4 Apr 2011 - 17:15

I don't think season 3 will be as good as the first if they replace Andy Whitfield as Spartacus.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Spartacus: Blood and Sand and Spartacus Gods of the Arena Empty Re: Spartacus: Blood and Sand and Spartacus Gods of the Arena

Post by BROCK'S BEEF JERKY Thu 7 Apr 2011 - 16:46

I'm really enjoying the Gods Of The Arena series, good action scenes and plenty of adult viewing...even the storyline isnt bad. Wink I hope they repeat the Blood & Sand series afterwards so I can catch that.

BROCK'S BEEF JERKY

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaArab Thu 7 Apr 2011 - 17:18

I've got the first series pre-oredered on blu ray. Can't wait to see it again. Was not sure if I would like the next series without Andy Whitfield as much but he's not in Gods of the arena and I'm loving it. So it will not be the same but I'm looking forward to it alot more than i was.

AquaArab

Back to top Go down

Post by flash Sun 10 Apr 2011 - 0:16

Andy Whitfield is being replaced by Liam McIntyre. This was due to Whitfield's reoccurance of cancer.
flash
flash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down