The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insanity - fitness

+3
Muscular-mouse
westisbest
Derbymanc
7 posters

Go down

Insanity - fitness Empty Insanity - fitness

Post by Derbymanc Tue 11 Apr 2017, 3:21 pm

Has anyone on here done this, started or finished it. I've just started and it's killing me at the moment but am looking for some tips (other than keep going, i know that :-)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Insanity - fitness Empty Re: Insanity - fitness

Post by westisbest Thu 13 Apr 2017, 8:43 pm

Not done it, but do some of the exercises from it.

Wouldn't want to do it every day for 60 days?

Yer man Shaun T also has T25 and some others out.

Good luck with it though.
Don't give up OK

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Muscular-mouse Thu 13 Apr 2017, 11:27 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Has anyone on here done this, started or finished it. I've just started and it's killing me at the moment but am looking for some tips (other than keep going, i know that :-)

whats your aim? is it just weight loss?

My only tip would be to get a partner who is dedicated because that will motivate you to keep doing it even when youre not in the mood some days. A training partner is the best thing you can have. Not sure where you live but you can advertise for training partners on gumtree or other websites.

Muscular-mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 14 Apr 2017, 8:15 am

Cheers fella's. Weight loss and fitness need to get fitter for coaching as the kids are running me ragged :-)

I'm doing it on my own for the moment and keeping a little diary cause it's killing me :-). I have found a massive difference from the 1st week (into week 2 now) as i'm able to keep going longer but i'm still feeling just as knackered :-)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 20 Apr 2017, 5:28 pm

I admire anyone who circuit trains........Tried it once and and these people put bodybuilders to shame in the fitness dept....

Don't look as good though..... Whistle

Certainly for weight loss and tone nothing better than Insanity type programs.......Body weight workouts are very taxing...Used to Dip and Chin regularly when I was younger and my joints could handle it..They were great builders..

But if the idea is to get bigger and put on weight don't touch it...........Stay with the weights...and remember less is more...

As for Training partners I prefer to train alone........Shouldn't be a problem for anyone who is motivated and you haven't got any distractions.......

Insanity is like anything else if it works.... do it......Or use the stuff that works better and change the workout to suit you......

Fitness and bodybuilding law dictates there are plenty of ways to skin a cat....Don't let anyone tell you different.... thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Fri 21 Apr 2017, 11:57 pm

Done it a couple of years ago 4 -5 times per week. Lost a load of weight quickly but found it difficult the day after, my feet and ankles were killing. I'm not allowed to wear footwear in the house so this may have been the problem.
I've got into this white collar boxing, and incorporate a lot of the moves into my training by doing 2 minutes on a bag followed by 1 minute of insanity type exercises.
Good luck mate and dig deep. Tweek your diet a little and 4-5 sessions a week is bound to show amazing results.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 22 Apr 2017, 9:03 am

Cheers Aja, i'm into week 3 nows (am following it rigidly), but have messed up slightly as we had a fire exercise on ship that i didn't want to do so went for a 3 hour walk around Portland (up the hill the lot) and since then my knees have been killing me. Still doing it mind but had to noticeably slow down the last 2 days.

On a plus note i'm actually starting to enjoy it, especially the faster days. I really hated pure cardio to start with but would rather do that than the Cardio rest day or whatever it's called :-). I'm hoping to get this done and lose some decent weight and then swapping to one of the 25-30 mins a day one.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Wed 24 May 2017, 12:04 pm

I did it a few years ago. I got into a bit better shape, and certainly got fitter. I didn't really lose any weight thought, mainly because I was constantly hungry.

Overall, I'd say it's good for a quick shock (if you have some reason to get into better shape relatively quickly). It has periodic fitness tests, which really demonstrate how much progress you make in your fitness. However, the gains aren't likely to last indefinitely, because it's not possible to keep training at that intensity/ frequency in the longer term. Or at least not for me.

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Wed 24 May 2017, 1:52 pm

I've been doing it on and off for 3-4 years now. Might do it for a month or two, get lazy for a month and then start up again. Do just the first 5 weeks on the plan and restart again as the circa 40 mins suits my morning schedule and some of the jumping exercises in the 2nd month are to hard on my knees.

My diet isn't particularly great so am still carrying a bit of timber on the belly but my fitness is great. Do a two hour sparring session in my local club with lads still actively fighting at high levels most weeks and am well able to keep up. Recently started running again after a 5/6 year break and am comfortably running 7/8k at a good pace. Put the fitness all down to insanity.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 24 May 2017, 2:31 pm

I've had to stop it for a while as to put it politley, my knees are a tad sore. I'm not sure if it's the fitness part of if it's walking up 80 flights of stairs at work (plus a 3 hour walk round Portland) but it got to the point where i couldn't physically carry on. As i'm due home soon i'm going to start it up again then, i still feel a lot fitter though although I really really need to sort my diet out.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Wed 24 May 2017, 2:46 pm

I have bad knees and hips due to a condition I was born with. As above some of the exercises in the 2nd month of the cycle do my knees in but find the first month on repeat good. Only thing I change is the tuck jumps on the Cardio Power day with mountain climbers instead.

My diet is generally pretty poor but the wife is doing Unislim now and has roped me in to following her meal plan etc in the last month. Have cut the takeaways and chocolate down so hoping to shift some of the tyre on my gut. Sitting at 75.5 kg at the moment but hoping to come in around 72kg by the end of summer and actually maintain it for a while laughing

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down