The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You

+35
IanBru
MacKnocked-on
George Carlin
nickj
EST
RuggerRadge2611
funnyExiledScot
Anglobraveheart
BigGee
bsando
formerly known as Sam
Manky-Flanker
Majestic83
Welly
Cardiff Dave
RiscaGame
Scottrf
Chainsaw Laney
furra_linee
Hazel Sapling
Eejit
R!skysports
CraigS1874
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Nematode
SirBurger
Geen sport voor watjes
highland_scot
SecretFly
A Simply Mesmeric Try
whocares
cakeordeath
TJ
39 posters

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 10 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You

Post by IanBru Tue 28 Mar 2017, 10:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 10 Jessie10          Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 10 Glasgo10
Edinburgh & Glasgow Warriors

A Not So Brief History of Time-Wasting:

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 10 Giphy

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 10 110

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 10 210

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 10 311

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 10 410

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 10 510

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 10 610

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 10 710

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 10 810

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 10 910

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 10 1010

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 10 1110

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 10 1210

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 10 1310

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 10 1410

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 10 1510

Guinness Pro12

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 10 Giphy

Guinness Pro12 Website
Edinburgh Rugby (Pro12 Website)
Glasgow Warriors (Pro12 Website)
Guinness Pro12 2016/17 Overview (Ultimate Rugby)

Playlist of all of Edinburgh's Pro12 highlights here.
Playlist of all of Glasgow's Pro12 highlights here.

Europe

European Rugby Website

CHAMPIONS CUP
QUARTER FINAL
SARACENS v GLASGOW WARRIORS
Sun, Apr 2, 13:00, Allianz Park

CHALLENGE CUP
QUARTER FINAL
EDINBURGH v LA ROCHELLE
Fri, March 31, 19:00, Murrayfield Stadium

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 10 Airplane-we-re-counting_o_GIFSoupcom
"I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you."
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 10 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You

Post by RDW Wed 19 Apr 2017, 10:54 am

If Hogg is the only Scot I'm pretty confident he'll tow the party line.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 10 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You

Post by EWT Spoons Wed 19 Apr 2017, 10:59 am

Yeah I can't see Hogg doing anything other than going with the Lions should he be selected. The SRU won't do anything about it either as I think they get some income based on representation numbers. Sure one isn't much but it's better than nothing.,

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 19 Apr 2017, 11:04 am

Do we really want our best player going out there and holding tackle bags for Halfpenny and Liam Williams though?
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 19 Apr 2017, 11:06 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Forget the SRU response, how would Hogg feel? Being the only player from Scotland to tour?!!

#Awkward

At least he'll be able to walk the corridors of his hotel without living in constant fear that John Barclay could be round the next corner!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed 19 Apr 2017, 11:19 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Do we really want our best player going out there and holding tackle bags for Halfpenny and Liam Williams though?

Selfishly I'd rather he didn't go, I'd rather we had a strong squad to take to Australia and let Townsend see what he can do with them. I guess in Hogg's case this is less of an issue considering they've worked together at Glasgow for the last few years, but I think we've seen that without key players we really struggle and having a full strength side to take on the Australia tour would be beneficial.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 19 Apr 2017, 11:46 am

You can watch the disappointment unfold here

http://www.lionsrugby.com/news/16001.php#.WPc9P2nyuCh

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:04 pm

Link isn't working - facebook live is

https://www.facebook.com/BritishandIrishLions/videos/vb.287576444631037/1288761101179228/?type=3&theater

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:11 pm

We have 2 Lions - Hogg and Seymour

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:12 pm

Quite remarkable, however sadly not unexpected.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:13 pm

Hogg and Seymour are the only Scots.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:14 pm

God, this is rubbish.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:15 pm

Utterly depressing.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:15 pm

Scotland have a successful season - one less Lion than 2013

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:16 pm

Complete joke.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:17 pm

That was a revolting hatchet job. Disgusting.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:17 pm

Jonny Gray overlooked in favour of he who walks on water, an aging AWJ who he totally outplayed when they met at Murrayfield and an injured Kruis

Watson overlooked in favour of an injured Warburton and a Tipuric who he schooled at Murrayfield

Well done Gats on alienating a nation
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:23 pm

Despite all the disappointment I am absolutely delighted for Hogg and in particular Seymour.

I'm certain we will get more players called up as injury cover - it happens every tour - but unless they are called up right at the beginning they are unlikely to be more than squad cover and holding tackle bags (ask Ryan Grant).

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:27 pm

Anyone else wonder if there are 12 Welsh guys sat genuinely believing that they're there on merit?

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:34 pm

I'm actually struggling to use words to describe how angry I am.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:36 pm

I'm going to call Sky and cancel my sports subscription, when they ask why, I'll say it's because I think the bias in Welsh Rugby is destroying my pleasure in the game and I'm refusing to pay for the privilege of watching the Lions getting humped by the All Blacks because Gatland is too scared to play them at rugby.

Gray should be there instead of Kruis or AWJ
Watson should be there instead of Warbs or Moriarty

It's ruining the Lions ethos!

12 Welsh players for crying out loud!!!!!

Please note: I don't actually have sky sports!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:48 pm

tigertattie wrote:I'm going to call Sky and cancel my sports subscription, when they ask why, I'll say it's because I think the bias in Welsh Rugby is destroying my pleasure in the game and I'm refusing to pay for the privilege of watching the Lions getting humped by the All Blacks because Gatland is too scared to play them at rugby.

Gray should be there instead of Kruis or AWJ
Watson should be there instead of Warbs or Moriarty

It's ruining the Lions ethos!

12 Welsh players for crying out loud!!!!!

Please note: I don't actually have sky sports!

That is likely to be a very confusing conversation Very Happy

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:50 pm

I'm also going to get banned by Admin boy for wumming!

My team for the 1st test

Not the team I'd pick, but I can see Gatland rolling this out for the first test!

Jack McGrath (Ireland)
Ken Owens (Wales)
Dan Cole (England)

Alun Wyn Jones (Wales)
Maro Itoje (England)

Sam Warburton (Wales)
Justin Tipuric (Wales)
Taulupe Faletau (Wales)

Rhys Webb (Wales)
Dan Biggar (Wales)
Liam Williams (Wales)
Robbie Henshaw (Ireland)
Jonathan Davies (Wales)
George North (Wales)
Leigh Halfpenny (Wales)
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:53 pm

I very much doubt Hogg or Seymour will get near the test team. I hope they do, i think it is unlikely.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 19 Apr 2017, 1:16 pm

Glwad and LD are now out in force in that thread, I'm offically out of it...

monkey
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 19 Apr 2017, 1:35 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Glwad and LD are now out in force in that thread, I'm offically out of it...

monkey

I seriously don't get why we can't ban that pair! The drivvel they come out with is just tiresome!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 19 Apr 2017, 1:36 pm

Townsend is to 'blame'.  He presumed to say 'No' to Warren.  Warren then told the Scottish players/and media directly that there would be consequences. He didn't exactly conceal it - the writing was on the wall; Townsend snubs Gatland and consequences would come.

The selection leaves a sour taste in the mouth because for players and fans that are into it (the Lions) it's bluntly mean-spirited in many ways.  To tell Hartley and Launchbury they had nothing to add, even to a midweek selection, or to play themselves into the Test teams through training, is petty.  
Hartley has his critics but given he's missed other Lions tours and yet became Captain of a team that had such a potent unbroken run of wins, I think that's probably the meanest cut of all to tell him his last chance would not materialise.

Then the Scottish selection of two - two players from Scotland worthy of the Lion shirt after the 6N?  An insult - nothing less; and from here in Gatland should be asked by any Scottish media in attendance at any Lions event to explain his comments that having no Scottish coach in the Lions set up would mitigate against Scottish players being chosen for the Lions squad.  To me, that was a classic Gatlanian barb with intent and he should be made explain the loaded comment in light of what the players are capable of and how few of them made the plane.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 19 Apr 2017, 1:37 pm

Re: Lions 2017: Name the Squad Competition

Post by LondonTiger Today at 1:31 pm
Results

Cascough: 17 (as he says caught out by Heaslip)
Tigertattie: 22 (Jonny Gray)
Me: 29 (Tomas Francis)
HugeHandoff: 5 (Dylan Hartley)
Chris501: 22 (Simon Zebo)
Sunday Times: 21 (Gary Ringrose)
Bedford Welsh 4: (Rob Evans)
KingCarlos 20: (Jonny Gray)
7.5: 31 (Greg Laidlaw - his final pick. Only person to name Moriarty excepting Gooseberry's spoof entry)
Gwlad: 12 (Donncha Ryan)
nipnip: 34 (Donncha Ryan)
maj: 6 (Dylan Hartley)

I was undone by daring to think that Jonny Gray would be picked!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 19 Apr 2017, 1:41 pm

Just saw a great snubbed 15:

1. Evans
2. Hartley
3. Ferguson
4. Launchberry
5. Gray
6. Robshaw
7. Watson
8. Heaslip

9. Laidlaw
10. Ford
11. Trimble
12. Dunbar
13. Ringrose
14. D. Taylor
15. Brown

Breaking it down there are a lot of good players, better players even being left behind.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainsaw Laney Wed 19 Apr 2017, 1:46 pm

First time poster drawn out of the woodwork by a mixture of disappointment, anger and frustration. How Wales can have 4 back-row players selected after the manshaming at the hands of Hamish Watson is beyond me.

Add to that the BBC leading with the omission of Hartley rather than the fact that only 2 Scottish players were selected leaves a very bitter taste. Oh well looks like I'll just have to focus all of my attention on Edinburgh... Crying or Very sad

Chainsaw Laney

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:31 pm

Chainsaw Laney wrote:First time poster drawn out of the woodwork by a mixture of disappointment, anger and frustration. How Wales can have 4 back-row players selected after the manshaming at the hands of Hamish Watson is beyond me.

Add to that the BBC leading with the omission of Hartley rather than the fact that only 2 Scottish players were selected leaves a very bitter taste. Oh well looks like I'll just have to focus all of my attention on Edinburgh... Crying or Very sad

Welcome Chainsaw!

The story around Hartley is an interesting one to lead with. Greg Laidlaw, also captain of his country, has also been omitted.

They could have also led with "Gatland Snubs Edinburgh Players With His Lions Selection". I can't believe no Edinburgh players, or even former Edinburgh players, have made it.....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 19 Apr 2017, 2:41 pm

It was all very predictable unfortunately, that Scotland would get shafted and Gatland's out of form Welsh players would get picked.
I have been barely hanging on to the Lions over the past couple of tours but I think this one has tipped me over the edge.

Fortunately I am going to be away for a good chunk of June, so am not going to be drawn into it.

I think it will be a very frustrating tour for Hoggy and Tommy, who are very unlikely to get a look in at the test team. Halfpenny and North are already pencilled in.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 19 Apr 2017, 4:04 pm

BigGee wrote:It was all very predictable unfortunately, that Scotland would get shafted and Gatland's out of form Welsh players would get picked.
I have been barely hanging on to the Lions over the past couple of tours but I think this one has tipped me over the edge.

Fortunately I am going to be away for a good chunk of June, so am not going to be drawn into it.

I think it will be a very frustrating tour for Hoggy and Tommy, who are very unlikely to get a look in at the test team. Halfpenny and North are already pencilled in.

I've been fairly sanguine over this squad announcement, but if Hogg misses out on a Test spot in favour of Halfpenny I will spit out the proverbial dummy (unless Hogg really botches up the tour).

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 19 Apr 2017, 4:07 pm

Some other depressing stats.

There are more members of the Faletau/Vunipola family going than Scots.

Combining Irish and Scots representation in the Lions and they only have one more tourist than Wales!

First time there hasn't been a Scot in the pack since 1908.

I'm gutted because I really liked that Canterbury shirt, can't bring myself to buy it now.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 19 Apr 2017, 5:10 pm

Alex Cuthbert isn't in the squad. Shocked

Some mistake surely.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 19 Apr 2017, 5:31 pm

Welcome Mr Laney.

I have already banned 2 posters this morning for repeated graceless nonsense.

What I predict now is that:

1. we'll keep the Welsh veterans held together with sticky tape in order to facilitate us getting smashed in the first test with Ardie Savea and Beauden Barrett running riot.
2. there will be a huge amount of pressure on Gatland to change the selection. He won't. Then we'll get our backsides handed to us in the second test too, although the score will be closer.
3. Hogg and Seymour will start the third test. They will both score and we'll win by 3 points.
4. Gatland will learn nothing from this series of events.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 19 Apr 2017, 5:38 pm

I feel no shame in admitting it, I hope Hogg and Seymour return uninjured and untainted by this whole rancid exercise.

http://www.scrummagazine.com/2017/03/12/gatland-someone-needs-push-case-scottish-players/

Tracked down this article, and it's clear he didn't engage at all with any Scottish coaches to allow them to fight their corner. He's been offended by Toonie rebuffing him and has filled the team with his crocked and past it sycophants.

Last edited by RuggerRadge2611 on Wed 19 Apr 2017, 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Wed 19 Apr 2017, 5:38 pm

Certainly a few head-scratchers in there:

- Lawes & AWJ in, no Launchbury or Gray
- Te'o & Davies in, no Dunbar or Ringrose
- Moriarty in, no Robshaw, Haskell, Watson or Barclay
- Halfpenny in, no Zebo, Earls or Brown (or Ashton even...)

12 Welsh/2 Scots is a joke. At least GT will have a nearly full strength squad and can test cover for Hogg.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Wed 19 Apr 2017, 5:53 pm

I'm surprised that at least one from Brown, Gray, Watson isn't going as a token Scottish forward. In each position each player is at least as good as the worst player and would have bumped up the Scottish contingent.

On a side note, I feel sorry for Joseph (@ Launchbury). One minute BBC Chris Jones writes he and Launchbury are being overlooked, next thing he is picked.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 20 Apr 2017, 8:05 am

I wonder if the Edinburgh squad even bothered watching the announcement or if Hamish Watson was sitting alone in the corner of the changing room watching his phone with his fingers and toes crossed.

I feel a bit sorry for Tommy Seymour - haven't seen any interviews from him, they're all of Hogg!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 20 Apr 2017, 8:13 am

Jeremy Gustcott's expert analysis - he doesn't even touch on the fact that there's only 2 Scots and gets his props the wrong way round

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39645553

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Thu 20 Apr 2017, 8:51 am

Shanklin on the BBC saying the Scots lack individual talent!!?

What!?

Think I might be supporting NZ at this rate...

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 20 Apr 2017, 8:54 am

Nematode wrote:Shanklin on the BBC saying the Scots lack individual talent!!?

What!?

I did see that - a very condescending article. It also doesn't hold much water when you consider the likes of Jonny Gray, Brown, Russell, Dunbar etc have had big wins for both Glasgow and Scotland - 2 different teams...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Thu 20 Apr 2017, 9:04 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:

What!?

I did see that - a very condescending article. It also doesn't hold much water when you consider the likes of Jonny Gray, Brown, Russell, Dunbar etc have had big wins for both Glasgow and Scotland - 2 different teams...

The 5Live podcast was a total love in last night. When asked who was sticking up for the Scots, Rowntree laughed. The level of disrespect is a total joke.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 20 Apr 2017, 9:12 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Jeremy Gustcott's expert analysis - he doesn't even touch on the fact that there's only 2 Scots and gets his props the wrong way round

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39645553

Pleased to see he hasn't lost his midas touch as a "journalist". I'm surprised he knew the Lions announcement was yesterday, although it was probably all the photos of him in 1997 that grabbed his attention.

Such a great player. Such a lousy journalist.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 20 Apr 2017, 9:14 am

I seriously think the main forum is just a no-go. I worry that we are just coming across as moaners.

I do feel we have been absolutely stitched up here though.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 20 Apr 2017, 9:18 am

What!?

I hope someone mentioned the Scotland vs Wales result this year. If the Scots lacked individual talent on that day, I do wonder what the Welsh players were lacking....

I'm not even that hacked off about the squad announcement, and I honestly don't think there are any screaming injustices when you look at the selection player by player, but it is disrespectful to make a comment like that. AWJ, Tipuric, Moriarty, Biggar, JD2 and Halfpenny have all benefitted from some extremely close calls. Not all at the expense of Scots either.

Still, the selection is done and now it's time to get behind the squad. It's a good squad, relative to the last couple of squads, and the recent form of England and Ireland gives me hope.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Thu 20 Apr 2017, 9:21 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:I seriously think the main forum is just a no-go. I worry that we are just coming across as moaners.

As fEs notes, there aren't too many injustices, I just think we justified 2/3 more - and I don't think that would have weakened the squad at all.

If we had got 4/5 tourists, I think most of us would have been delighted, especially in an extended squad.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 20 Apr 2017, 9:26 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:I seriously think the main forum is just a no-go. I worry that we are just coming across as moaners.

We need to have an intervention for Alive555. He's taking it particularly badly!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 20 Apr 2017, 9:26 am

That's the thing - it's not like we're saying we should have had 10 players there.  4 would have been a good result IMO and as has been said wouldn't have made any difference to the strength of the squad (Watson over Moriarty and J Gray over Henderson say), and I doubt there would have been complaints from the other nations. It would also have reduced pretty much all of the controversy that has been caused by only selecting 2 players and would have meant that the Lions brand would still just about have some credibility as an entity.

Gatland must have known that this fallout would have happened but still did it - either that shows that he will do whatever he thinks it takes to win or that he is a douche who doesn't give a crap about Scotland.  All he had to say on the matter was that there was lots of competition for places.  He was at least able to name check the Gray brothers has being unlucky to have missed out so he does know of more players than just Hogg and Seymour - I doubt he would have been able to name many apart from that though.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Thu 20 Apr 2017, 9:33 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:That's the thing - it's not like we're saying we should have had 10 players there.  4 would have been a good result IMO and as has been said wouldn't have made any difference to the strength of the squad (Watson over Moriarty and J Gray over Henderson say), and I doubt there would have been complaints from the other nations. It would also have reduced pretty much all of the controversy that has been caused by only selecting 2 players and would have meant that the Lions brand would still just about have some credibility as an entity.

Gatland must have known that this fallout would have happened but still did it - either that shows that he will do whatever he thinks it takes to win or that he is a douche who doesn't give a crap about Scotland.  All he had to say on the matter was that there was lots of competition for places.  He was at least able to name check the Gray brothers has being unlucky to have missed out so he does know of more players than just Hogg and Seymour - I doubt he would have been able to name many apart from that though.

Essentially this is my entire point.  In the spirit of making Scotland feel properly included, he could have given us some of the 50/50's.  I would never advocate a quota system, and I wouldn't be so annoyed if I didn't think we had players who were deserving of it.  But you could easily include Watson over Moriarty and nobody would have batted an eyelid.

The fact that he has been going on and on about that one England performance is also annoying the hell out of me, only England won away from home in the last 6N, and only just (excluding Italy). We get it, we were rubbish that day - what about Racing and Leicester away from home?

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next