The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales squad based on form

+7
Luckless Pedestrian
Gwlad
bedfordwelsh
maestegmafia
chris_501
majesticimperialman
PotNoodleMiner
11 posters

Go down

Wales squad based on form Empty Wales squad based on form

Post by PotNoodleMiner Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:33 am

We're only weeks away from Wales announcing their 6 nations squad now and i think based on the form over the last few seasons its about time Wales started taking form into account again and not making selections only based on what they acheived 5 seasons ago. I have faith Howley will have realised this and this is the squad i hope he goes with:

1. Smith
2. Parry
3. Francis
4. Charteris
5. AWJ
6. Moriarty
7. Tipuric
8. Faletau
9. Davies
10. Biggar
11. Giles
12. Williams
13. Davies
14. Hewitt
15. L.Williams

16. Evans
17. Owens
18. Lee
19. C.Hill
20. J.King
21. L.Williams
22. S.Davies
23. G.North

FR cover.
Gill, Dacey, Andrews

SR cover.
B.Davies

BR cover.
J.Navidi, S.Warburton

SH cover.
T.Habberfield

OH cover.
R.Patchell

Backs cover.
L. Halfpenny, J.Roberts, A.Beck

PotNoodleMiner

Back to top Go down

Wales squad based on form Empty Re: Wales squad based on form

Post by majesticimperialman Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:54 am

Is Howley still in charge? i thought he was part of the Lions coaching squad now.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:52 am

Yes he's still in charge for the 6N. Only Gats is away from his day job before the 6N. The rest link up closer to the summer. McBride will take over for the summer tour Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:47 am

I thought with Howley being named as a lion coach. Mc Bride would be in charge for the 6ns.

To be honest i do not know many of the names named above. But unless injuries forces Howley's hand, it will be the same players who started the last game of the last 6ns/ autum internals, wether on form or not.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:23 am

majesticimperialman wrote:I thought with Howley being named as a lion coach. Mc Bride would be in charge for the 6ns.

To be honest i do not know many of the names named above. But unless injuries forces Howley's hand, it will be the same players who started the last game of the last 6ns/ autum internals, wether on form or not.

As I said above, only Gats has to take a whole year out. The rest (Howley, Borthwick, Farrel, et al.) join up with the Lions post-6 nations, so get to stay with their international sides for that tournament.

Back to top Go down

Post by chris_501 Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:50 pm

The two guys that seem most on form to me are Keelan Giles and Thomas Young.

chris_501

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:49 am

There's a lot of depth at lock and back row. Would love to see a more charismatic inside centre than we currently have at our disposal. No one picking their head up though.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:18 am

What form are you using as a guide?
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:43 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:Is Howley still in charge? i thought he was part of the Lions coaching squad now.

priceless. good to see this Welsh thread has attracted the usual suspect super informed posters. Very Happy

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:26 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:What form are you using as a guide?

I'd like to nominate the Alfie-Clap-o-meter to be in charge of team selection after Gatland leaves.

Wales Online can be in charge of tactics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:32 am

We'd never lose a game!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:56 am

PotNoodleMiner wrote:We're only weeks away from Wales announcing their 6 nations squad now and i think based on the form over the last few seasons its about time Wales started taking form into account again and not making selections only based on what they acheived 5 seasons ago. I have faith Howley will have realised this and this is the squad i hope he goes with:

1. Smith
2. Parry
3. Francis
4. Charteris
5. AWJ
6. Moriarty
7. Tipuric
8. Faletau
9. Davies
10. Biggar
11. Giles
12. Williams
13. Davies
14. Hewitt
15. L.Williams

16. Evans
17. Owens
18. Lee
19. C.Hill
20. J.King
21. L.Williams
22. S.Davies
23. G.North

FR cover.
Gill, Dacey, Andrews

SR cover.
B.Davies

BR cover.
J.Navidi, S.Warburton

SH cover.
T.Habberfield

OH cover.
R.Patchell

Backs cover.
L. Halfpenny, J.Roberts, A.Beck

Last edited by LordDowlais on Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:01 am

20/20 hindsight there LD picard

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:04 am

Griff wrote:20/20 hindsight there LD   picard

following me again griff ? Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:07 am

You just look so good from behind, Dowlais. Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:12 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:You just look so good from behind, Dowlais. Wink

Laugh

Naughty, naughty. Wink

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:48 am

LordDowlais wrote:

Don't flatter yourself, Dowlais. As a fellow Welsh poster it's highly likely that we'll end up in the same threads, no? Speaking of threads, I remembered the other day about when you informed us of how you got your moniker. Something to do with fans down the Blues saying you wore fancy clothes for a Merthyr boy so you were like 'Lord Dowlais'! Send us in a snap of these fancy clothes would you, LD!!! Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:49 am

LordDowlais wrote:

Also, why edit your post to remove your point? You acknowledged that they were injured.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:29 am

Griff wrote:Don't flatter yourself, Dowlais. As a fellow Welsh poster it's highly likely that we'll end up in the same threads, no? Speaking of threads, I remembered the other day about when you informed us of how you got your moniker. Something to do with fans down the Blues saying you wore fancy clothes for a Merthyr boy so you were like 'Lord Dowlais'! Send us in a snap of these fancy clothes would you, LD!!! Laugh

Not so much the clothes I ware, but the car I drive, and the fact that I am good for a pint, and yes I do indulge in designer clothing, but doesn't everybody for best ?

It's mainly because they have an idea of what somebody from the valleys should look like, such is their backwards way of thinking about anything north of Radyr. I take it all in good fun though. OK

They still think we are all still watching black and white telly's and traveling on horse and cart up the valleys mind, and if we wear Nike trainers we've nicked them off a dead person. Laugh

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:33 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:Don't flatter yourself, Dowlais. As a fellow Welsh poster it's highly likely that we'll end up in the same threads, no? Speaking of threads, I remembered the other day about when you informed us of how you got your moniker. Something to do with fans down the Blues saying you wore fancy clothes for a Merthyr boy so you were like 'Lord Dowlais'! Send us in a snap of these fancy clothes would you, LD!!! Laugh

Not so much the clothes I ware, but the car I drive, and the fact that I am good for a pint, and yes I do indulge in designer clothing, but doesn't everybody for best ?

It's mainly because they have an idea of what somebody from the valleys should look like, such is their backwards way of thinking about anything north of Radyr. I take it all in good fun though. OK

They still think we are all still watching black and white telly's and traveling on horse and cart up the valleys mind, and if we wear Nike trainers we've nicked them off a dead person. Laugh

But who comes on an Internet forum and brags that they wear 'fancy clothes' and drive a 'fancy car'?! Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:36 am

Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

But who comes on an Internet forum and brags that they wear 'fancy clothes' and drive a 'fancy car'?! Laugh

What are you on about ? Seriously, stop trolling me.

I was asked, years ago on here why the name LordDowlias. I explained why. I did not brag, I just answered, you have re-surfaced this, I did not even bring it up, you did, just to get to this point. Do you get a rise out of this ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:43 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

What are you on about ? Seriously, stop trolling me.

I was asked, years ago on here why the name LordDowlias. I explained why. I did not brag, I just answered, you have re-surfaced this, I did not even bring it up, you did, just to get to this point. Do you get a rise out of this ?

Out of what? Finding out a bit about you? Nah, not really. Not a 'rise'.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:45 am

Then what is your point then ? Why even go in this direction ? If you wanted yo know why the name LordDowlais, then you could have PM'd me. You have brought us to this point with more of your nonsense.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:50 am

LordDowlais wrote:Then what is your point then ? Why even go in this direction ? If you wanted yo know why the name LordDowlais, then you could have PM'd me. You have brought us to this point with more of your nonsense.

Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:52 am

Like I said, you are a WUM on here. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:11 am

LordDowlais wrote:Like I said, you are a WUM on here. Rolling Eyes

I am not deliberately trying to wind you up, therefore by the definition of 'WUM' I am not one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:23 am

LordDowlais wrote: You have brought us to this point with more of your nonsense.
Wales squad based on form Momento-agresion-weligton-messi-1411635441837

Very Happy

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:26 am

laughing

I'm afraid of LordDowlais now. I hope he forgives me for any past argu..............................................

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by international198 Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:56 am

I think Nic Cudd would get in based on form. He was superb for the Dragons against Connacht last night. I think he'll be involved in the summer tour to the Pacific Islands as Sam Warburton will probably be called up by the Lions.

international198

Back to top Go down

Post by international198 Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:01 am

Also, Matthew Morgan was very good against Treviso so maybe he'd be in based on form.

Alex Cuthbert had a good game, too.

international198

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down