The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US presidential elections

+20
profitius
dyrewolfe
Derbymanc
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
Tattie Scones RRN
Mochyn du
LuvSports!
Pr4wn
JuliusHMarx
Hero
navyblueshorts
kingraf
Galted
GSC
Dolphin Ziggler
catchweight
Ent
ShahenshahG
SecretFly
24 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

US presidential elections Empty US presidential elections

Post by SecretFly Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:35 pm

Irony?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

US presidential elections Empty Re: US presidential elections

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:01 pm

So more people voted for Hilary but electoral colleges voted for Trump. Bit like ukip winning millions of votes and 1 mp I suppose. Can't complain as it's marginal if it had been 75 percent Hilary then you could argue as it is he's won within the rules. Lets stick to sabotaging Brexit shall we.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:05 pm

Gives me a little more faith in America.

Then you see only 53% of them voted.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:11 pm

Ent wrote:Gives me a little more faith in America.

And even worse, and according to the elite minds in the media, and mimicking Brexit again - only the idiots voted! The super-intelligent 47% who were die-hard Clinton supporters stayed at home!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:17 pm

Trump, like Brexit, an anti establishment themed result. I suspect, like Brexit, built on little more than hollow rhetoric though. I dont see how Trump or the Brexiteers can possibly deliver what they promised in order to secure victory (much has been rowed back on already). But maybe this kind of thing has to happen in order to provide a wake up call so that the future can get better.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:32 pm

People like dolphin are to blame. Not only does he start fights at football grounds, he doesn't even vote. C*nt.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:36 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:People like dolphin are to blame. Not only does he start fights at football grounds, he doesn't even vote. C*nt.

Its like I was called to this. Voted Green last time out, pal. I exercise my right to achieve nothing

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:51 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Ent wrote:Gives me a little more faith in America.

And even worse, and according to the elite minds in the media, and mimicking Brexit again - only the idiots voted!   The super-intelligent 47% who were die-hard Clinton supporters stayed at home!

****ing older generations, they might not even live another 4 years!
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:46 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Christ on a crutch!! The judges aren't there to implement "the wishes of the people". And so what if a Judge was a remainer? The means the other two weren't and yet they still upheld the submission. Are you seriously suggesting they are actively biased? We HAVE to trust that they make their decisions impartially or we're all f*cked.

I don't appreciate you using the Lord's name in that manner.  The correct phrase is "Jesus Christ on a bicycle".

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:33 pm

Galted wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Christ on a crutch!! The judges aren't there to implement "the wishes of the people". And so what if a Judge was a remainer? The means the other two weren't and yet they still upheld the submission. Are you seriously suggesting they are actively biased? We HAVE to trust that they make their decisions impartially or we're all f*cked.

I don't appreciate you using the Lord's name in that manner.  The correct phrase is "Jesus Christ on a bicycle".

Is it really worth going to hell over semantics?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:56 pm

SecretFly wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Code - "I lied, I know that I lied, you know that I lied or are too stupid to know that I lied."  

Yeah, lying is a big part of politics.  He's telling the truth there too.  Or would we prefer a liar politician who says politics isn't about lying?...
Amazing as it may seem, I might like someone who's honest. Incredible eh? Otherwise, there's no point to the campaigning etc, as I nothing to base a decision re. voting.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:59 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Code - "I lied, I know that I lied, you know that I lied or are too stupid to know that I lied."  

Yeah, lying is a big part of politics.  He's telling the truth there too.  Or would we prefer a liar politician who says politics isn't about lying?...
Amazing as it may seem, I might like someone who's honest. Incredible eh? Otherwise, there's no point to the campaigning etc, as I nothing to base a decision re. voting.

Well good luck with finding someone who is honest, navy. I'm telling you you'll exhaust yourself looking.

Incredible how people hop skip and jump over the intrinsic points.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:29 pm

Yep. Won't hold my breath....
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:37 pm

Wasn't there a lie check done on the debates and Trump came out in the mid 60% whilst Hillary was around 15%?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:38 pm

kingraf wrote:
Galted wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Probably not, but Newcastle-under-Lyme is worth a visit

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:49 pm

Hero wrote:Wasn't there a lie check done on the debates and Trump came out in the mid 60% whilst Hillary was around 15%?

So she's less a liar than he is?  Are you sure they were metering the sweet sticky stuff that she used quite a bit and analysed that for truth levels?  She believes all that aspirational guff about bonding and unitednessness of beings stuff? Wink

Ain't she telling a few white lies just to get into office on a tide of washy love-dom from the loved-up youngsters of Twitterdom?

But you're right.  People should always vote for the candidate that keeps the lying down to 15%.  Don't lies come in seriousness levels though?  

Trump says:  "Hillary is the most corrupt woman in the history of the Universe"  Lie detector goes wild.  Outright lie there, you scallywag, Trump; and we don't even have to put it through the machine to tell you.  We just know it instinctively.

Hillary say:  "By having official Government business go through private channels was not me trying to keep some issues away from official perusal".  Lie detector is confused.  Hmmm, this one is actually serious and we can't be so funny about it.  Did she try to fool her own Government on the detail of her dealings as a Public Representative?  Hmmmm - Serious buzzer keeps buzzing right up to and after the election.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:13 pm

Nice try, Fly, but there's no comparing Trump and Hillary in terms of outright lying.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:16 pm

There is...and I just did so.  One throws out extravagant theatrical lies during speech performances....the other throws out potentially serious lies in a much less showy way.

I'll decide on my morality and my concept of Lie seriousness.  Trump is a spoofer and if you got a brain, even a highly educated one, you know he's a spoofer.  Clinton is no spoofer, so when she dithers around the 'truth' you know it has more serious implications.

Nice try though, Pr4.  OK

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:36 pm

Trump is an opportunist, a conman, a sexual predator and a racist. Hillary ain't great, and I can understand why a lot of people didn't vote for either of them, but anyone with a set of morals, even an under-developed one, can see that Trump comes off worse in that respect.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:47 pm

We've arrived at stalemate then... which is usually the result when ying and yang clash Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:55 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
kingraf wrote:
Galted wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Probably not, but Newcastle-under-Lyme is worth a visit

Such wordplay is wasted on this thread.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:41 pm

Feel free to read my take on it all.
http://richard-mills-sports.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/lessons-to-be-learned-from-us-election.html

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mochyn du Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:12 am

I must admit I am not particularly against Trump nor am I against the populist viewpoint. However, the thing that concerns me most about Trump is not his politics but the fact that he appears to be bricking it now he has actually won.

There is no doubting Trump's oratory talents and his love of a good public dust up but now that he has won I don't think he wants the nitty gritty of the President's job.

Look for a lot of delegation and broken promises.

Mochyn du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:11 am

Mochyn du wrote:I must admit I am not particularly against Trump nor am I against the populist viewpoint.  However, the thing that concerns me most about Trump is not his politics but the fact that he appears to be bricking it now he has actually won.

There is no doubting Trump's oratory talents and his love of a good public dust up but now that he has won I don't think he wants the nitty gritty of the President's job.

BIB: That should mean the wall will be built in no time.

Ps As most know in the US Donald Trump is more democrat than republican. His "programme" of infrastructure renewal is enormously expensive and that money has to be found from somewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:52 am

I am beginning to give up on the BBC because of its bias reporting and am listening more to French radio. Interestingly the French are concerned that a Trump presidency may work with a Brexit Britain - referring to Britain being at the front of the queue rather than at the back. It is known in EU Europe that the EC want to start a trade war with Britain as a punishment for pulling out. Of course if Britain decides to retain free movement of EU citizens etc in staying within the EU common market they would be happy with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:12 am

Of all the things Trump spouted during the run up the one that I particularly hope he doesn't go through with was his pledge to reverse the United Nations Climate Change agreement that Obama signed last year.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:17 am

Nore ouvre ses fesses pour Farage.

Vous devrez traduire ceci.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:20 am

Nice to see Democrat voters setting fire to cars.

I wonder how many of these bell ends actually got off their fanny and voted.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:22 am

Well they wouldn't in that instance then be voters surely?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:23 am

Also nice to see how Day 1 of Trump's Presidency sees this across America:

https://twitter.com/i/moments/796417517157830656

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:25 am

Nore Staat wrote:I am beginning to give up on the BBC because of its bias reporting and am listening more to French radio.  Interestingly the French are concerned that a Trump presidency may work with a Brexit Britain - referring to Britain being at the front of the queue rather than at the back.  It is known in EU Europe that the EC want to start a trade war with Britain as a punishment for pulling out.  Of course if Britain decides to retain free movement of EU citizens etc in staying within the EU common market they would be happy with that.

BBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBCBBC.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:38 am

What a world we live in.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:47 am

Hero wrote:Well they wouldn't in that instance then be voters surely?

Autocorrect changed it from 'supporters' to 'voters'.

Weird.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:11 am

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:

Weird.

That must mess up the football section. I can't stand all those Liverpool voters.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:29 am

Nore Staat wrote:
Mochyn du wrote:I must admit I am not particularly against Trump nor am I against the populist viewpoint.  However, the thing that concerns me most about Trump is not his politics but the fact that he appears to be bricking it now he has actually won.

BIB: That should mean the wall will be built in no time.

Ps As most know in the US Donald Trump is more democrat than republican.  His "programme" of infrastructure renewal is enormously expensive and that money has to be found from somewhere.

Increased NATO contributions from members. Lower corporate tax and other little tools or rules to 'encourage' a few big American Giants back to the homeland. Pulling back on military spending.

There are channels to use - if he's serious.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:36 am

Pumping a huge tax on Chinese imports was one of the main ones wasn't it?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:37 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Tattie Scones RRN wrote:

Weird.

That must mess up the football section. I can't stand all those Liverpool voters.

That excellent wordplay is wasted on this thread.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:39 am

At least now people will have to give up on the illuminati theory, as no intelligent and  organised new world order is responsible for this clusterf**k.

(nice wordplay Jules)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:43 am

Or that's what they want you to believe (will be the response from the tinfoils).

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:49 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Tattie Scones RRN wrote:

Weird.

clap

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:52 am

Hero wrote:Or that's what they want you to believe (will be the response from the tinfoils).

Just call it first (or second if you count Brexit) strike against the Illuminati?

That sounds better. You're all too young obviously to have watched 'V'. - Now we wait to intercept reinforcements from Planet Altose and use that secret undercover Raygun at Cern to kill them off for good.

Why all so glum? We're on the home run of taking back our planet...finally.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:54 am

they've organised this cluster so next time they can trick you even more into voting for who they want. Pretty sure 1/2 will be able to tell you that :-)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:54 am

They better not be muslamic ray gunz... I've heard all about them.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:56 am

SecretFly wrote:
Hero wrote:Or that's what they want you to believe (will be the response from the tinfoils).

Just call it first (or second if you count Brexit) strike against the Illuminati?

That sounds better.  You're all too young obviously to have watched 'V'.  - Now we wait to intercept reinforcements from Planet Altose and use that secret undercover Raygun at Cern to kill them off for good.

Why all so glum?  We're on the home run of taking back our planet...finally.

That baby gave me nightmares for months.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:02 pm

Hero wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

That sounds better.  You're all too young obviously to have watched 'V'.  - Now we wait to intercept reinforcements from Planet Altose and use that secret undercover Raygun at Cern to kill them off for good.

Why all so glum?  We're on the home run of taking back our planet...finally.

That baby gave me nightmares for months.

Looks you were right about the aliases rick. Only you didn't think Tino would stoop so low.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:18 pm

lol out loud.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:57 pm

Lol out loud here too. Very well done, best CC reference outside the CC that i've seen.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:41 pm

The BBC are still inciting against Donald Duck - with various stupid articles about people burning their trainers because the owner supported Duck etc etc.

Anyway in the real world it seems that Donald Duck might be "eaten" by Washington.  Donald Duck has next to no political experience and he is only interested in doing a good job.  Obama can improve his legacy by bringing Donald Duck into his fold and "explaining" to him about what he has been trying to do.  Donald Duck has already wound back his rhetoric on Obama care (which he didn't fully understand although he tapped into the discontentment other people had complained about) - and is now saying there are elements contained within it that he likes and wants to keep.  The Republican Party leader who was unable to endorse Duck, now is looking forward to working with Duck and explaining to him how Washington works etc.   One wonders whether Donald Duck is going to have a say, as others begin to "advise him" and get things done "for him".  
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37953528
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/37948946/new-balance-trainer-wearers-bin-and-burn-their-shoes-over-Duck

I see v2 is now censoring T.rump and turning it into Duck. Okay that is time for me to leave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:57 pm

Hahaha who did I get to delete his account?! What a plum

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:01 pm

Is it just me, or is anyone else scratching their heads over Duck's sudden and dramatic change in persona?

Its almost like a badly written pro wrestling plot where the main heel does a sudden and inexplicable face turn.

He's actually sounding like a relatively decent and normal human being now. Still doesn't excuse his dodgy and sleazy past, but it does give one some hope that he may not be a total flop as President.

Think he is in for a very tough 4 years though. If he thought he was copping a lot of flak from Hillary supporters, he can expect to get it from his own side if he goes back on any more election pledges.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37953528
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next