The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alessandros FIA Presidential Quest

2 posters

Go down

Alessandros FIA Presidential Quest Empty Alessandros FIA Presidential Quest

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:30 pm

Bonjourno to my passionate, knowledgeable friends here at the wonderful www.606v2.com !

In the opinions of many F1 fans that I have met and talked to, it seems that the sport we all love (Formula 1) is in a bit of a shambles. Over the coming days, I'm going to put together a number of changes that I would make for 2015 if I am elected the FIA President. I, unlike the FIA, would love to hear your opinions and thoughts on my 'amaze balls' ideas to bring the sport back to the fans. Remember, the only silly opinion is the one you keep to yourself!

I look forward to hearing from you all in such dark times in our sport.

Forza F1!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Alessandros FIA Presidential Quest Empty Re: Alessandros FIA Presidential Quest

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:11 pm

Go back into hiding Ciambella.

No seriously good to have u back but this post is ****!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:46 am

Glad to be back Smile

I'm sorry about my posts that are lacking their usual theme, but F1 has really become boring and predictable now and lost its edge. Sure the drivers are quick, but they are not constantly on the edge like they were before.

How can you race whilst saving fuel? Whats the point in turning down engines? Whats the point of tyres that have the same consistency of compacted grass from the Flymo waste box?

The proper racers are being penalised now. Even the great Schumacher dislikes the current era of F1. Would a true racer like Senna have performed in todays rules?

Its all boiling up inside of me!!!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:04 am

I think a lot of the problems are that we now live in an F1 age that is too safety and money conscious.

Now the money side of things brings out the suspicious side in me. The FIA bring in cost cutting measures but I'd hazard a guess they are keen for that (cut down on team's out-goings) so that they can fleece them for higher payments knowing teams will have more money lying around.

Innovation is also being throttled from the sport in my opinion. If a team finds a way to find more pace aerodynamically or otherwise you can bet a loophole will be found to outlaw it.

Stuff like DRS I can live with as it doesn't always guarantee overtaking and with the way cars are aerodynamically set up creating lots of 'dirty air' in its wake overtaking would be monsterously difficult without it whoever the driver is.

Safety takes precedence now as we see tracks modified to take out remotely testing corners and banning refuelling due to fires during that process a few years ago. It also means that we have gimmicks like traction control, anti-stall devices and all other gimmicks that surely the very best drivers in the world should not need.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:33 am

Absolutely agree with your post 100% Craig Smile

Health and Safety take presidence in all walks of life. It would not suprise me if we soon need fire extinguishers and a H&S notice board in out own homes or else you will be inprosoned for 14 years with an unlimted fine.

When you watch interviews with the legendary Jackie Stewart and listen to him talk about his experinces in the Belgium when he nearly died and you realise that these drivers are wrapped up in cotton wool compared to those days.

Nobody wants to see another driver death and that is totally understandable. But at the same time, we all probably sat there jaw dropped at Mark Webber somersaulted through the air in Valencia and thought "WOW!"

We need that bit of risk and danger in motorsport. We need more Grosjeans providing that Jekyll and Hyde F**k Factor on the grid.

The drama is what draws people in to watch our sport and it is slipping away with each rubbish track and attempt at a manufactured race.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:52 am

I do agree, F1 is heading into a dark era for me. Domination, processional, artificial, fuel saving, tyre conserving & a safety conscious approach are all words to describe its current state.

I think Vettel`s domination will end next year, however a whole new set of problems, issues n challengers will emerge. I don't think it will be pretty from what I'm hearing.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:10 pm

This isn't about Vettel or anyone else's domination John - it is about the failings of the FIA and a series of woeful decisions that have got us to where we are.

F1 needs more teams, more innovations, faster cars untethered by regulations, more room for options on tyres and refuelling and Ecclestone shown the door of course.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:30 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:This isn't about Vettel or anyone else's domination John - it is about the failings of the FIA and a series of woeful decisions that have got us to where we are.

F1 needs more teams, more innovations, faster cars untethered by regulations, more room for options on tyres and refuelling and Ecclestone shown the door of course.
I was speaking generally, not just about the FIA. You want these changes but they won't happen, F1 is heading in a direction that they are committed to. Ecclestone is unfortunately going nowhere, refuelling won't return due to safety, if anything there will be less teams & innovation nowadays just gets banned after a period of time.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:02 pm

Oh don't get me wrong John - I am a realist. I know these changes won't happen sadly but one can always dream.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down