The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abu DhabiGP/Fernando Collects £800 & can pass go Thread - Contains Quali & Race spoilers

+12
Hammersmith harrier
Good Golly I'm Olly
owen10ozzy
McLaren
banbrotam
CaledonianCraig
Mad for Chelsea
GSC
nathan
Fernando
Jermaine2015
dyrewolfe
16 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Abu DhabiGP/Fernando Collects £800 & can pass go Thread - Contains Quali & Race spoilers  Empty Abu DhabiGP/Fernando Collects £800 & can pass go Thread - Contains Quali & Race spoilers

Post by dyrewolfe Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:17 pm

Just John wrote:Looks a tough job for Ricciardo now at RB going forward. I imagine that smile will be permanently turned upside down, from next season.

Still think Hamilton can take many positives out of this season, even if he gets pipped to the title. He won the qualifying head to head & in race pace, the gap between himself & Nico is still sizeable. He's also strengthened his legacy by surpassing Prost in total wins & is now only eight poles behind Schumacher. Even yesterday, Verstappen pretty much schooled everybody, apart from a faultless Hamilton, which just showcases the class of Lewis.

Its a real shame as those 3 engine failures have effectively cost him the title. The only DNF Rosberg has suffered was when they took each other out on the first lap in Spain.

Suppose you could say Lewis should have done better in Singapore and Azerbaijan, but the fact remains that with better reliability, Lewis would be looking at a 4th title.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Abu DhabiGP/Fernando Collects £800 & can pass go Thread - Contains Quali & Race spoilers  Empty Re: Abu DhabiGP/Fernando Collects £800 & can pass go Thread - Contains Quali & Race spoilers

Post by dyrewolfe Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:21 pm

GSC wrote:Idk, give me Ricciardo over Verstappen. Should have really won 3 races this year. Though Max seems to be the new golden child, must be something about RB and Aussies.

I thought it'd be Sainz in the Ferrari next year but Ricciardo might be worth a punt if they can't settle their differences with Vettel.

I like 'em both.

Ricciardo probably has the better personality - a bit older, more rounded and mature, but still fun. Max still has that youthful aggression and determination to get the maximum out of whatever car he is in, regardless of his position and conditions. Still needs a few rough edges knocking off, but I think its unfair to be overly critical. If he's still the same in a few years, then fair enough.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Abu DhabiGP/Fernando Collects £800 & can pass go Thread - Contains Quali & Race spoilers  Empty Re: Abu DhabiGP/Fernando Collects £800 & can pass go Thread - Contains Quali & Race spoilers

Post by Jermaine2015 Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:54 pm

Just John wrote:Looks a tough job for Ricciardo now at RB going forward. I imagine that smile will be permanently turned upside down, from next season.

Still think Hamilton can take many positives out of this season, even if he gets pipped to the title. He won the qualifying head to head & in race pace, the gap between himself & Nico is still sizeable. He's also strengthened his legacy by surpassing Prost in total wins & is now only eight poles behind Schumacher. Even yesterday, Verstappen pretty much schooled everybody, apart from a faultless Hamilton, which just showcases the class of Lewis.
Prost races in an era when multiple car failures happened often. In the modern era Prost probably would've won an extra 20-30 races.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:56 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:

Its a real shame as those 3 engine failures have effectively cost him the title. The only DNF Rosberg has suffered was when they took each other out on the first lap in Spain.

Suppose you could say Lewis should have done better in Singapore and Azerbaijan, but the fact remains that with better reliability, Lewis would be looking at a 4th title.
Verstappen has that x Factor which Ricciardo doesn't. If Verstappen stays strong Red Bull, the feud with Sainz means it's unlikely the Spaniard gets a seat at Red Bull.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:07 pm

Max has x factor in the rain, In the dry he's not as good as Ricciardo

Im now 1 Rosberg breakdown away from £800 Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:18 pm

Fernando wrote:Max has x factor in the rain, In the dry he's not as good as Ricciardo

That view seems outdated or verging on, now Max has completely settled into the team & car. Early doors, Ricciardo looked like he could handle Max, but the situation has rapidly changed, the deeper we've gone into the season & the stats are starting showcase that change of momentum.

Ricciardo has now been out qualified by Max in 4 of the last 5 races & Max has finished ahead on the road in 3 of the last 4 (although behind in Mexico due to penalty). Max completely out classed Ricciardo in the wet yesterday too. Points is 210-180 to Ricciardo as team mates, but Max has endured 2 DNF's and 1 none points score, whereas Ricciardo has finished every race. Given that information, a thirty point advantage over Max as teammates is pretty small in my opinion & hardly something to shout about, similar to Rosberg only having a 12 point lead over Hamilton, given his engine issues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:41 pm

You don't get points for qualifying John also you can twist stats anyway you like it (Daniel 6-2 Max in the last 8) If you're stupid enough to get penalised your own fault..

Brazil - Max Beat Daniel
Mexico - Max beat Daniel until rightful penalty so Daniel beat him.
USA - Daniel beat Max
Japan - Max beat Daniel
Malaysia - Daniel won
Singapore - Ricciardo 2nd - Max 6th
Italy - Daniel 5th Max 7th
Belgium - Daniel 2nd Max 11th

Max is still young and making mistakes that will cost him like it has this year, Until he sorts them out id take Ricciardo still atm.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:18 pm

Fernando wrote:Max has x factor in the rain, In the dry he's not as good as Ricciardo

Im now 1 Rosberg breakdown away from £800 Laugh

Ah, so thats why you're so keen for Lewis to win... Laugh

FWIW I think Hamilton is the more deserving, as he's had to work harder to come back from his setbacks, to still be in with a shout (albeit a fairly distant one). Rosberg's season has been pretty routine and when he hasn't won, he has generally been best of the rest, to keep Lewis within reach. The only time he's actually beaten him on track is when Hamilton fluffed his starts.

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:54 pm

Yeah id take £800 over Nico's happiness of a world title Laugh We all know he's inevitably going to break down cos some people just aren't meant to win championships and he is one of them.

I can't really say Hamilton deserves it when Nico has led the championship for 16 out of 20 races sure he's had issues but enough to cover 16 races really.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:30 pm

Ron Dennis is gone from McLaren. Following this James Allison will likely join the team as chief engineer

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:57 pm

Fernando wrote:Yeah id take £800 over Nico's happiness of a world title Laugh We all know he's inevitably going to break down cos some people just aren't meant to win championships and he is one of them.

I can't really say Hamilton deserves it when Nico has led the championship for 16 out of 20 races sure he's had issues but enough to cover 16 races really.
The majority of the races where neither of them have had issues Hamilton and out drove Rosberg

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:18 pm

Don't do it Nando
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:53 pm

I'm not going to Smile my statement stands for itself & that will be my last comment on til the Monday after Abu Dhabi where i spread my bed with £800 in 1's and take ridiculous selfies Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:11 pm

Fernando wrote:I'm not going to Smile my statement stands for itself & that will be my last comment on til the Monday after Abu Dhabi where i spread my bed with £800 in 1's and take ridiculous selfies Laugh

Thats going to be a bit cold and uncomfortable, isn't it? Shocked

Still, I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say we eagerly await the selfies. Laugh
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:40 am

Jermaine2015 wrote:Ron Dennis is gone from McLaren. Following this James Allison will likely join the team as chief engineer

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/allison-moving-closer-to-future-with-mercedes-850840/

Looks closer to joining Mercedes, will probably replace Paddy Lowe, who has been linked with Ferrari for a while

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:03 pm

If chose between the two can see him option for Mclaren as he worked under Eric at Renault.

Just glad to see he has the motivation to get back into F1 already really.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:06 pm

Just John wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:Ron Dennis is gone from McLaren. Following this James Allison will likely join the team as chief engineer

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/allison-moving-closer-to-future-with-mercedes-850840/

Looks closer to joining Mercedes, will probably replace Paddy Lowe, who has been linked with Ferrari for a while
That's rather surprising TBH

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:01 pm

Singapore want to stop hosting an F1 race. No complaints from me

As for the final race, people's thoughts & predictions?

Power track, lack of environmental factors & the Renault engine being at a disadvantage on the straights, means I just can't see Rosberg off the podium. It's either a mechanical for Nico (last one happened in Russia 2015) or Hamilton has to lead the race & then begin to back-up Nico into the RB's/Ferrari, to try & instigate some kind of incident. I then thought about that idea & if Lewis starts to play games, Nico can play them too & can basically just send one into the back of Lewis, while attempting an overtake & ultimately just ending each others race.

It's basically a blow-up or Nico is WDC 2016.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:19 pm

Backing Nico up is stupid and really only likely to earn him a ticking off from the pit wall. Just has to run his own race and hope he gets lucky
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:28 pm

Marcus Ericsson finally been confirmed by Sauber for 2017

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:39 pm

GSC wrote:Backing Nico up is stupid and really only likely to earn him a ticking off from the pit wall. Just has to run his own race and hope he gets lucky

Heard other ex-pro's this week stating this could be a scenario he is forced to go down, during a part of the race. It's not really stupid, it's driving to possibly create a scenario in which he can win the WDC, this is like no other race. In all other sports, individuals & teams play games with their opponent to forge an advantage or to benefit from it. It happens, failure to recognise that is pretty stupid. Would be stupid to not try it, given what is at stake. He tried it in China & just ignored the radio, the pit wall warnings will have no weight behind them during this race.

Obviously, I don't want to see this type of action, but it's a part of sport.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:45 pm

Can't see red bull getting close even if Hamilton backs up Rosberg. The Renault engine in a liability in the straights. And red bull are generally quicker in Abu Dhabi is the final sector where it's pretty much impossible to overtake

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:57 pm

Like John, can't really see what Hamilton has to lose by backing Rosberg up if he can. Obviously would have to do it after the final round of pit stops, but for me it's a legitimate tactic: if to win the championship you need your opponent to finish down the field a bit, why would you just allow him to cruise round in second place? or rely on something happening to his car when he's barely had an issue all season?

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:38 pm

Exactly, it's a legitimate tactic, no ruling against it. Also, the achilles heel of the Mercedes is dirty air, leading to a drop off in performance & can cause a variety of issues, such as brake & engine trouble. Hamilton strolling off to a win & building a sizeable advantage, will achieve very little, other than Rosberg strolling to second & the title.

I'd rather be pro-active & causing my direct rival as much of a headache as possible during the race, than relying upon him having an issue, something that hasn't happened since October 2015.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:48 pm

If Lewis tries it then Mercedes will inevitably box Nico and drop him into space Smile

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:59 pm

Or if Nico gets past it's race over and championship over. Merc will play it straight unless he starts pissing about

Best thing he can do
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:08 pm

Fernando wrote:If Lewis tries it then Mercedes will inevitably box Nico and drop him into space Smile

Hence why I said he'd have to wait until after the final round of pit stops to start doing it Wink

Of course it runs the risk of Rosberg overtaking him, but I'd like to think Hamilton is skillful enough to drive just slowly enough to let the RBs close without jeopardising his own position. Abu Dhabi doesn't lead to that much overtaking in any case, Hamilton would just have to watch his exits onto the long straights and he'll be fine. Verstappen managed it a couple of races ago (when he knew he was due a five second penalty, so backed Vettel into Ricciardo's clutches): worked too, as Vettel's overly robust defence against Ricciardo got him a five second penalty of his own...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:55 am

Malaysia will quit hosting F1 after 2018. Singapore likely to follow suit.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:59 am

Not really gutted. calendar is too long and it's a fairly dull track.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:32 pm

Agree, Malaysia & Singapore were dull spectacles. Having said that, it does appear Bernie's insistence on demanding ridiculous sums may finally be broken though & it's surely an issue going forward, especially for Liberty media, who actually wanted to extend the calendar.

Looks like F1's exposure in Asia is diminishing rapidly & I'm not sure the teams or sponsors like Petronas will be too happy?

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:42 pm

Hopefully there's a greater emphasis on going to actual good tracks instead of turds like Baku.

Doubt it though
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:20 pm

Just John wrote:Singapore want to stop hosting an F1 race. No complaints from me

As for the final race, people's thoughts & predictions?

Power track, lack of environmental factors & the Renault engine being at a disadvantage on the straights, means I just can't see Rosberg off the podium. It's either a mechanical for Nico (last one happened in Russia 2015) or Hamilton has to lead the race & then begin to back-up Nico into the RB's/Ferrari, to try & instigate some kind of incident. I then thought about that idea & if Lewis starts to play games, Nico can play them too & can basically just send one into the back of Lewis, while attempting an overtake & ultimately just ending each others race.

It's basically a blow-up or Nico is WDC 2016.

Yep - pretty much my thoughts. Only a big mistake by Nico, or car problems, can prevent him becoming champion.

Personally I'm praying that climate change will cause a massive monsoon to hit Abu Dhabi during the race weekend. Wink

Just John wrote:
Agree, Malaysia & Singapore were dull spectacles. Having said that, it does appear Bernie's insistence on demanding ridiculous sums may finally be broken though & it's surely an issue going forward, especially for Liberty media, who actually wanted to extend the calendar.

Looks like F1's exposure in Asia is diminishing rapidly & I'm not sure the teams or sponsors like Petronas will be too happy?

To be honest I won't lose any sleep over it. I think we're just beginning to see the ultimate folly of Ecclestone's efforts to take F1 into places where there has traditionally been little interest. Coupled with his continued extortion of circuit owners, is it any wonder so many circuits have dropped off the calendar?

Hopefully this will be a wake-up call to focus on their core audience AND realise that demanding ever greater sums of money just forces circuit owners to pass the cost on to race-goers...with the inevitable consequence of dwindling attendances, to the point they can no longer afford to host races.

F1 has been in danger of disappearing up its own exhaust pipe for some time now. I just hope Liberty have some ideas that include making the sport more affordable for everybody - hosts, teams and punters alike.

I've no doubt Bahrain and Abu Dhabi will continue to host races, regardless of attendances, as they have the money and see hosting F1 as a badge of prestige...but they're about the only places that could do this.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:57 pm

I quite like Singapore so shame to see that go really, Malaysia is a surprise considering just spent money revamping the track Erm Atleast Canada is staying anyway.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:16 pm

Jenson has announced his retirement no coming back for 2018.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:54 pm

Germany leaving the calendar aswell.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:01 pm

Fernando wrote:Germany leaving the calendar aswell.
Only Nurburgring has a good turn out. Mainly in part that it was Michael Schumacher's true home race. Hockenheim is a woeful track.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:36 pm

Hope to see Liberty really attempt to break into the America market & not just give it a half assed attempt, that the recent F1 hierarchy has tried so far. Tbh, watching a 7pm Sunday night race for European audiences is great, so I'd like to see more tracks in the US given a shot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:44 am

P1

Hamilton
Rosberg
Max
Daniel
Seb
Perez
Kimi
Sainz
Massa
Ericsson

Horner trying to get Hamilton to back up Nico to help RB Laugh Also confirmed Ricciardo's visor was f**ked during the Brazil race kept fogging up so could barely see where he was going.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:38 am

Oh good, we're going to five knuckle shuffle all other Button all week end.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:56 am

Just John wrote:Hope to see Liberty really attempt to break into the America market & not just give it a half assed attempt, that the recent F1 hierarchy has tried so far. Tbh, watching a 7pm Sunday night race for European audiences is great, so I'd like to see more tracks in the US given a shot.

Well there was talk of another new US circuit, somewhere further east...don't know if that is still going ahead. Even if not, they have plenty of race tracks that could make for interesting F1 races. Would love to see Laguna Seca host one.

Still think it will be tough for F1 to compete in America. NASCAR and IndyCar are their traditional motorsports and tend to be more exciting in terms of wheel to wheel racing than F1. Plus F1's weird rules may be hard for them to accept.

Sad to hear Germany are pulling out - one of the spiritual homes of motorsport. Sad But if its no longer financially viable, what can you do?

So thats San Marino, France and now Germany gone from the European section of the calendar. There are now far more races outside Europe than inside...sad IMO.

Just by way of comparison:

F1 Race Calendar 1990
(around when I started watching)
USA
Brazil
San Marino
Monaco

Canada
Mexico
France
Britain
Germany
Hungary
Belgium
Italy
Portugal
Spain

Japan
Australia

10/16 races in Europe

F1 Race Calendar 2016
Australia
Bahrain
China
Russia
Spain
Monaco

Canada
Azerbaijan
Austria
Britain
Hungary
Germany
Belgium
Italy

Singapore
Malaysia
Japan
USA
Mexico
Brazil
Abu Dhabi

9/21 races in Europe (and I find it hard to include Azerbaijan as its such an awful circuit, plus nobody seems to give a toss about F1 there). Next year this will be reduced to 8.

Instead of reaching out to all these far-flung places, why not a Scandinavian GP? Surely a race in Norway, Sweden, Finland or Denmark would attract more punters than Baku did? Maybe a Dutch GP or one in Poland, which is in a nice central location for Eastern Europe? Would bringing back the Portuguese GP be feasible...or is it too close to Spain?

Seems Korea, India and SE Asia are busted flushes, with the Middle East only able to carry on through their oil billions.

If Liberty want to look further afield, would it be worth bringing back the South African GP...or is that still considered too dangerous?

Last edited by dyrewolfe on Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:01 pm

GSC wrote:Oh good, we're going to five knuckle shuffle all other Button all week end.

I didn't know you were that way inclined GSC! Shocked But whatever floats your boat... Wink

Much as I like Button and will miss having him around, I think its time he hung up his boots, gloves and helmet. He's been a great ambassador for the sport and achieved his dream of becoming champion. He isn't going to get the chance to compete at the front of the grid any time soon, so I think its fitting he departs on his own terms, rather than wait until he is pushed.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:03 pm

Hamilton pole, Rosberg 2nd by 3 tenths.

Half a second to Ricciardo from Rosberg so not boding well. Ferrari quick in a straight line so Lewis needs Kimi/Vettel to jump Ricciardo
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:22 pm

At this point Nandos best chance is to bribe Nicos engineer 400 quid
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:30 pm

Hamilton in a league of his own today. 12-9 in the Q head 2 head to Lewis this season.

Praying for a DNF really, don't see 1-4 finish happening.

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:18 pm

Sadly, it looks like the title was decided yesterday in qualifying. Both Mercedes drivers in a league of their own. Rosberg seemingly feeling the pressure more. Didn't have the cleanest Q3 session and couldn't beat Hamilton, but did enough to ensure 2nd place and his first championship.

Apparently Ferrari turned up the wick on their engines, but were still around 0.5 sec off the pace.

Have a feeling this is going to be a procession and a real anti-climax of a season closer after the thrills and spills of Brazil.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:37 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:
Just John wrote:Hope to see Liberty really attempt to break into the America market & not just give it a half assed attempt, that the recent F1 hierarchy has tried so far. Tbh, watching a 7pm Sunday night race for European audiences is great, so I'd like to see more tracks in the US given a shot.

Well there was talk of another new US circuit, somewhere further east...don't know if that is still going ahead. Even if not, they have plenty of race tracks that could make for interesting F1 races. Would love to see Laguna Seca host one.

Still think it will be tough for F1 to compete in America. NASCAR and IndyCar are their traditional motorsports and tend to be more exciting in terms of wheel to wheel racing than F1. Plus F1's weird rules may be hard for them to accept.

Sad to hear Germany are pulling out - one of the spiritual homes of motorsport. Sad But if its no longer financially viable, what can you do?

So thats San Marino, France and now Germany gone from the European section of the calendar. There are now far more races outside Europe than inside...sad IMO.

Just by way of comparison:

F1 Race Calendar 1990
(around when I started watching)
USA
Brazil
San Marino
Monaco

Canada
Mexico
France
Britain
Germany
Hungary
Belgium
Italy
Portugal
Spain

Japan
Australia

10/16 races in Europe

F1 Race Calendar 2016
Australia
Bahrain
China
Russia
Spain
Monaco

Canada
Azerbaijan
Austria
Britain
Hungary
Germany
Belgium
Italy

Singapore
Malaysia
Japan
USA
Mexico
Brazil
Abu Dhabi

9/21 races in Europe (and I find it hard to include Azerbaijan as its such an awful circuit, plus nobody seems to give a toss about F1 there). Next year this will be reduced to 8.

Instead of reaching out to all these far-flung places, why not a Scandinavian GP? Surely a race in Norway, Sweden, Finland or Denmark would attract more punters than Baku did? Maybe a Dutch GP or one in Poland, which is in a nice central location for Eastern Europe? Would bringing back the Portuguese GP be feasible...or is it too close to Spain?

Seems Korea, India and SE Asia are busted flushes, with the Middle East only able to carry on through their oil billions.

If Liberty want to look further afield, would it be worth bringing back the South African GP...or is that still considered too dangerous?

How about revisiting the old Dutch circuit Zandvoort? Also if finances are putting off India and South Korea why not have both split the costs and have one race (Asian Grand Prix). I suppose the major problem for hosting races are the costs which prove too much for many with not enough returns in gate receipts. Maybe that will change when F1's new owners take over?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:07 pm

Definitely backing up early

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:21 pm

This is brilliant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:39 pm

And that could be it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:57 pm

Basically Hamilton has to back up now or he's lost the title

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next