The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland v Australia, 12 November

+47
RuggerRadge2611
majesticimperialman
BigGee
westisbest
Notch
stub
wolfball
Shifty
lostinwales
rumpelstiltskindoh
doctor_grey
profitius
toml
cakeordeath
emack2
BamBam
EWT Spoons
nickj
Majestic83
highland_scot
IanBru
EST
MacKnocked-on
TheMildlyFranticLlama
bsando
Senlac
NeilyBroon
SecretFly
Tattie Scones RRN
No 7&1/2
Hazel Sapling
beshocked
boomeranga
GunsGerms
yappysnap
jimbopip
reallybored
GLove39
munkian
funnyExiledScot
RDW
tigertattie
TJ
bedfordwelsh
R!skysports
mikey_dragon
George Carlin
51 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Scotland v Australia, 12 November - Page 3 Empty Scotland v Australia, 12 November

Post by George Carlin Sun 06 Nov 2016, 11:36 am

First topic message reminder :

Scotland v Australia, 12 November - Page 3 Scot_f10       Scotland v Australia, 12 November - Page 3 Wallab10
SCOTLAND v AUSTRALIA
12 November 2016
14:30 GMT
BT Murrayfield, Edinburgh

Live on BBC One

Referee: John Lacey (Ireland)
ARs: [tbc]
TMO: [tbc]

A. Head to Head

29 Played 29
9 Won 20
0 Drawn 0
20 Lost 9
364 Points 706

B. Recent Form

18 October 2015
Twickenham
35-34 to Australia

23 November 2013
Murrayfield, Edinburgh
15 – 21 to Australia

5 June 2012
Hunter Stadium, Newcastle
6 – 9 to Scotland

21 November 2009
Murrayfield, Edinburgh
9 – 8 to Scotland

25 November 2006
Murrayfield, Edinburgh
15 – 44 to Australia

20 November 2004
Hampden Park, Glasgow
17 – 31 to Australia

C. TEAMS:

SCOTLAND 
Scotland v Australia, 12 November - Page 3 Stillg10
Stuart Hogg, Sean Maitland, Huw Jones, Alex Dunbar, Tim Visser, Finn Russell, Greig Laidlaw (capt); Allan Dell, Ross Ford, Zander Fagerson, Richie Gray, Jonny Gray, John Barclay, Hamish Watson, Ryan Wilson.

Replacements: Fraser Brown, Gordon Reid, Moray Low, Grant Gilchrist, John Hardie, Ali Price, Pete Horne, Rory Hughes.

AUSTRALIA
Scotland v Australia, 12 November - Page 3 Roy__h10
Israel Folau, Dane Haylett-Petty, Tevita Kuridrani, Reece Hodge, Henry Speight, Bernard Foley, Will Genia; Scott Sio, Stephen Moore (capt), Sekope Kepu, Rory Arnold, Adam Coleman, David Pocock, Michael Hooper, Lopeti Timani.

Replacements: Tolu Latu, Tom Robertson, Allan Alaalatoa, Rob Simmons, Will Skelton, Dean Mumm, Nick Phipps, Quade Cooper.

Last edited by George Carlin on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 5:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Scotland v Australia, 12 November - Page 3 Empty Re: Scotland v Australia, 12 November

Post by highland_scot Thu 10 Nov 2016, 12:20 pm

Looks like:
Dell - Ford - Fagerson
Gray - Gray
Barclay - Watson - Wilson (unsure what order)
Laidlaw - Russell
Visser - Dunbar - Jones (Huw not Lee) - Maitland
Hogg

highland_scot

Back to top Go down

Scotland v Australia, 12 November - Page 3 Empty Re: Scotland v Australia, 12 November

Post by IanBru Thu 10 Nov 2016, 12:21 pm

Wilson's starting... Very Happy
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 10 Nov 2016, 12:21 pm

Teams up

1 Dell
2 Ford
3 Fagerson
4 Gray
5 Gray
6 Barclay
7 Watson
8 Wilson

9 Laidlaw
10 Russell
11 Visser
12 Dunbar
13 Jones
14 Maitland
15 Hogg

Subs - Brown, Reid, Low, Gilchrist, Hardie, Price, Horne

Exciting team and plenty talking points - that backrow!! Shocked

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 10 Nov 2016, 12:24 pm

Scotland v Australia, 12 November - Page 3 Cw5o4u5WEAAEWik

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 12:24 pm

The subs; Price instead of Pyrgos and Hughes instead of Seymour?!! What? Must be injuries in training surely?

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 10 Nov 2016, 12:30 pm

Scotland and Edinburgh Rugby hooker Ross Ford is set to earn his 100th cap for the national team after he was named to start against Australia in this Saturday’s Autumn Test match at BT Murrayfield (12 November, kick-off 2.30pm) – live on BBC.

Ford made his international debut when he replaced Gordon Bulloch against the Wallabies in Edinburgh in 2004 and has been a mainstay of the Scotland front-row since his return to the jersey two years later, starting 83 of his Test appearances to date.

He follows in the footsteps of Scotland’s two other cap centurions in the men’s game, record cap holder Chris Paterson (109) and Sean Lamont (105).

Ford’s extensive experience could prove invaluable this weekend as he prepares to pack down between clubmate Allan Dell – who will mark his debut with a starting spot in the loosehead berth – and once-capped, 20-year-old tighthead prop, Zander Fagerson.

Fagerson is one of three players to earn his first Scotland start at BT Murrayfield, with the scintillating form of Edinburgh Rugby back-row Hamish Watson and Stormers centre Huw Jones rewarded with a place in the back-row and midfield respectively.

Scotland Head Coach, Vern Cotter, said: “Congratulations first to Ross Ford on reaching this special milestone. It’s fantastic for him and his family that he’ll achieve it in front of the home fans at BT Murrayfield, who I’m sure will give him a great reception.

“To play 100 Test matches for your country is an incredible achievement, with his lasting dedication keeping him among the best hookers in the world for a decade.

“He is a consummate professional and, at 32, he has plenty left to give in a Scotland jersey.”

The long-awaited fixture between the two nations is on target to be played in front of a home record crowd for the fixture, surpassing the previous highest attendance set more than ten years ago (64,120).

Cotter added: “It’s been eight months since we last played at home so the players are desperate to get out there and put in another winning performance in front of our home support.

“We’ve prepared well over the past couple of weeks in camp, with the players working hard technically and tactically for what will undoubtedly be a tough Test match against one of the world’s top teams.

“We must not relent in our pursuit of success and to do the Scottish people proud.”

John Barclay and Ryan Wilson complete the loose forwards with the increasingly ever-present partnership of brothers Jonny and Richie Gray filing into the second-row.

In the backs, Greig Laidlaw and Finn Russell will reform their pivotal partnership – with Russell long-since recovered from the head injury that ruled him out of the summer Tests – while Alex Dunbar – another to miss the tour through injury – joins Jones in a new-look centre partnership.

The starting line-up is completed with the selection of Stuart Hogg, Tim Visser and Sean Maitland in the back three, with Tommy Seymour unavailable for personal reasons.

Another notable inclusion appears among the replacements with Glasgow Warriors scrum-half Ali Price set to make his debut if called upon from the bench.

Price is one of two players originally listed as ‘training with the squad’ to be given the nod by Cotter for this Saturday’s Test, with replacement wing Rory Hughes in line to make a first home appearance.

Scotland team to play Australia at BT Murrayfield Stadium Saturday 12 November (kick-off 2.30pm) – live on BBC

15 Stuart Hogg (Glasgow Warriors) – 45 caps; 11 tries, 3 pens, 64 points

14 Sean Maitland (Saracens) – 23 caps; 3 tries, 15 points
13 Huw Jones (Stormers) – 1 cap
12 Alex Dunbar (Glasgow Warriors) – 16 caps; 5 tries, 25 points
11 Tim Visser (Harlequins) – 26 caps; 11 tries, 55 points

10 Finn Russell (Glasgow Warriors) – 19 caps; 2 tries, 3 cons, 1 pen, 19 points
9 Greig Laidlaw CAPTAIN (Gloucester) – 53 caps; 4 tries, 66 cons, 128 pens, 536 points

1 Allan Dell (Edinburgh Rugby) – uncapped
2 Ross Ford (Edinburgh Rugby) – 99 caps; 2 tries, 10 points
3 Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) – 1 cap
4 Richie Gray (Toulouse) – 58 caps; 3 tries, 15 points
5 Jonny Gray (Glasgow Warriors) – 25 caps; 1 try, 5 points
6 John Barclay (Scarlets) – 52 caps; 4 tries, 20 points
7 Hamish Watson (Edinburgh Rugby) – 2 caps
8 Ryan Wilson (Glasgow Warriors) – 20 caps

Substitutes

16 Fraser Brown (Glasgow Warriors) – 17 caps
17 Gordon Reid (Glasgow Warriors) – 18 caps
18 Moray Low (Exeter Chiefs) – 34 caps
19 Grant Gilchrist (Edinburgh Rugby) – 12 caps; 1 try, 5 points
20 John Hardie (Edinburgh Rugby) – 12 caps; 3 tries, 15 points
21 Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors) – uncapped
22 Pete Horne (Glasgow Warriors) – 20 caps; 2 tries, 1 con, 1 pen, 15 points
23 Rory Hughes (Glasgow Warriors) – 1 cap

Unavailable through injury: Alasdair Dickinson (hamstring), Josh Strauss (calf), Duncan Taylor (lower leg).

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 10 Nov 2016, 12:32 pm

Seymour is out for personal reasons, Pyrgos just seems to have been dropped...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Thu 10 Nov 2016, 12:32 pm

Like the look of the backs, lots of pace and creativity in there.
Forwards look a little light to me, obviously front row has issues with injuries. Reid is on the bench but must be pretty short of match fitness but will no doubt come on at some point.
Back row I'm not convinced by, again due to the fact we haven't got any big ball carries.
One prediction I have is Wilson will be yellow carded at some point(again).

Bench looks useful, Hughes must have performed well in training as wasn't even in the original squad. He could offer some good impact in the lamont mould, except hughes has pace and seems to be able to catch the ball and score.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Thu 10 Nov 2016, 12:40 pm

Delighted to see Watson start but concerned by the lack of bulk in the back-row, especially with Hardie on the bench.  Dangerous back-line but if the pack doesn't get over the gain-line it'll be going sideways (again).

If Cotter has given the nod to Price & Hughes, it's disappointing he's not done the same with Bradbury with Strauss' injury.

Is Reid a risk on the bench? If he's not fit enough to start, what happens if Dell gets crocked early.

Would have preferred Bennett but great chance for Jones.  

Shame about Seymour but Visser has been in good form for Quims.

Good team but still don't think Cotter is a great selector.

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 10 Nov 2016, 12:43 pm

Watson is electric with front foot ball, but struggles if the team are going backwards or if he is having to run into heavy traffic.  I certainly share the concerns about ball carriers but Fagerson is a big carrier and we all know what the Gray brothers can do.  Wilson lacks bulk but he is at least fairly athletic.  Barclay's ball carrying has come on a lot too since his move to Wales.

I can see a fast and loose gameplan!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 10 Nov 2016, 1:08 pm

Cotter appears to have gone with fitness and form. Dell looked really good in the last club game I saw, Watson is in great form ditto Visser.

I am pretty happy with that selection. Wilson is my only real question mark.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Thu 10 Nov 2016, 1:15 pm

Solid team and few small surprises.

Very happy for Ford who has been such a consistent force for Scotland. He's had a few ropey spells but overall a world class hooker he certainly is.

Back line looks electric but they'll need to be good in defence.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 10 Nov 2016, 1:22 pm

Has the look of a teambuilt to attack and to score tries.  Can we score more than Aus do tho?  I ain't worried about the lack of back row bulk - the Aus back row is hardly the heaviest either and I bet we will actually be heavier

Edit
Checked the stats. I was wrong.

Barclay 6'3" 16.5 stone ( I thought he was heavier)
Pocock 6' 16 1/4 stone

Watson 6'1" 16 stone
Hooper 6' 15 3/4 stone

Wilson - 6'4" 16.5 stone ( thought him heavier)
timani 6'4" 19 1/2 stone - ( now we know who ate all the pies)

Last edited by TJ on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 10 Nov 2016, 1:25 pm

With Strauss and Denton injured, and CDP still getting back to full fitness and form, Wilson is the only option at 8 really.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Thu 10 Nov 2016, 1:31 pm

Laid laws kicking is worth 2 trys so another we'll controlled game like the one vs France in attack could be enough to trump Aus inevitable scores

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Thu 10 Nov 2016, 1:32 pm

Interesting picks by Vern. I see the Aussies have named 3 massive locks on their bench? Rob Simmons, Will Skelton and Dean Mumm. Although I know Mumm has been playing at 6.

Last edited by nickj on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 10 Nov 2016, 1:33 pm

bsando wrote:Laid laws kicking is worth 2 trys so another we'll controlled game like the one vs France in attack could be enough to trump Aus inevitable scores

NOt with that team we won't!

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Thu 10 Nov 2016, 1:41 pm

Delighted for Watson to get a start in the biggest match, we all want to see teams picked on form not reputation/coaches favourites and you can't argue that he isn't there on merit.

Odd about Pyrgos, but generally happy with that team (Grant Gilchrist's place on the bench aside!)

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 10 Nov 2016, 2:15 pm

Gilchrist, Low and Wilson are the players I look at funny. Toolis and Welsh were/are definite replacements for me.

Wilson is a tough one due to a lack of other options. I guess he wins due to CDP lacking form/fitness and Eadie not being considered. Bradbury is a better player but with an inexperienced Watson, maybe they want someone more experienced next to him to take the first yellow. If we are behind with 20 to go, the 3 openside plan will be fascinating. Skelton is a beast of a man and I expect Jonny to man mark him when he shows up.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 10 Nov 2016, 2:17 pm

We need a few more nicknames - some of these new faces don't have one!

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Thu 10 Nov 2016, 2:21 pm

Great to see Watson. Worried about bench. If Reid is fit why is he not starting???

And if we're going dynamic, why not Fraser Brown?

I feel we shouldn't be going half measures - against the big teams we have to go for it, and the front row is a bit of a let down (Fagerson aside) to be honest.

We're really missing Matt Scott I feel on the bench.

Backs otherwise look decent, interesting about Pyrgos, Price has been playing well but well enough to merit inclusion over Pyrgos who also has been playing pretty well?

Gilchrist has never really ranked highly with me. I genuinely think (with fair reason) that he's a bit scared of getting injured. We have plenty of half decent options at lock who are fit (Toolis, Swinson, even Harley!) - why is cotter obsessed with Gilchrist? I hope Cummings comes through when he's fit and pushes him and Swinson out so it's Gray, Gray, Cummings.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 10 Nov 2016, 2:25 pm

Given that Laidlaw is rarely subbed off I wonder if Price is just being included for the matchday experience so that if/when he is called upon he won't be overawed in the future. Obviously Laidlaw could get injured in the 1st minute though...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 10 Nov 2016, 2:35 pm

Nicknames you say?

13 Huw Jones = Who? Jones
1 Allan Dell = Intel inside
3 Zander Fagerson = ZooZander
23 Rory Hughes = Lamont mk2
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Thu 10 Nov 2016, 2:37 pm

tigertattie wrote:3 Zander Fagerson = ZooZander

Laugh

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 10 Nov 2016, 2:39 pm

HUghes should surely be shlong the second!

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Thu 10 Nov 2016, 2:42 pm

TJ wrote:HUghes should surely be shlong the second!

someone has to take the baton!

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 10 Nov 2016, 2:43 pm

tigertattie wrote:Nicknames you say?

13 Huw Jones = Who? Jones
1 Allan Dell = Intel inside
3 Zander Fagerson = ZooZander
23 Rory Hughes = Lamont mk2

Fantastic! Laugh

I'd suggest for Hugh Jones: "Huge Ones"
and for our young scrum-half: "Asda Price"
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 10 Nov 2016, 2:54 pm

NeilyBroon wrote:

"Not while I have my strength, you won't."
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Thu 10 Nov 2016, 2:54 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:With Strauss and Denton injured, and CDP still getting back to full fitness and form, Wilson is the only option at 8 really.
True.

But I'd prefer to have Bradbury on the bench ahead of Hardie.

The team is crying out for a big-ball carrier, someone who will break tackles and get us on the front-foot.

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 10 Nov 2016, 2:55 pm

Criminal element:

1. Scott Sio (26 Tests)
2. Stephen Moore (c) (113 Tests)
3. Sekope Kepu (74 Tests)
4. Rory Arnold (7 Tests)
5. Adam Coleman (8 Tests)
6. David Pocock (62 Tests)
7. Michael Hooper (62 Tests)
8. Lopeti Timani (4 Tests)

9. Will Genia (72 Tests)
10. Bernard Foley (38 Tests)
11. Henry Speight (7 Tests)
12. Reece Hodge (7 Tests)
13. Tevita Kuridrani (41 Tests)
14. Dane Haylett-Petty (11 Tests)
15. Israel Folau (49 Tests)

Reserves
16. Tolu Latu (1 Test)
17. Tom Robertson (4 Tests)
18. Allan Alaalatoa (6 Tests)
19. Rob Simmons (67 Tests)
20. Will Skelton (16 Tests)
21. Dean Mumm (53 Tests)
22. Nick Phipps (49 Tests)
23. Quade Cooper (65 Tests)

Very experienced 1-3, highly inexperienced 16-18.

Last edited by George Carlin on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Thu 10 Nov 2016, 2:56 pm

IanBru wrote:
NeilyBroon wrote:

"Not while I have my strength, you won't."

laughing

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Thu 10 Nov 2016, 5:55 pm

I think we are going to be given a bit of a shooing with that pack.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 10 Nov 2016, 6:06 pm

Lineout should be OK, at the breakdown we should be very competitive.  Making yards ball in hand could be difficult.  Scrums could be difficult but I don't think the tyros in the front row will let us down.

Its going to be an exciting battle tho - anyone know what the ref is like at the breakdown?  Both teams will be going for turnovers

Edit - lacey is very quick to blow both for holding on and going off feet is he not?  Both teams got to get it right or it could be a penalty fest

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by boomeranga Thu 10 Nov 2016, 10:51 pm

We've picked 5 locks, and Timani who play's lock for the Rebels. I don't understand.

Another strange thing going on at the moment is the switching of propping positions between Super Rugby and Internationals. Allan A plays LH for Brumbies and Robertson plays TH for Waratahs, but will line up on the opposite sides for the Wallabies. We've seen the same with Toby Smith.

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 11 Nov 2016, 2:48 am

What's with the locks, do Aus think they're short on carriers?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Fri 11 Nov 2016, 8:40 am

Perhaps aiming at Scotland lineout expertise / scrummaging ability both of which have been compromised by injuries? Maybe a tactical aim to play the game tighter?

Scotland are short a ginger tackle monster which is worrying.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 11 Nov 2016, 9:10 am

After yesterday's excitement about some of the selections I have woken up in a more pessimistic mood:

Will Aus relentless target Watson making sure they smash him as soon as he gets the ball, making the most of his lack of size?
Will our front row leak penalties, giving Aus easy field position and ruining our attacking chances?
Will Folau run through Visser with ease, galloping in for his hatrick?

Australia are still a damn good team and are hot faourites for this - we shouldn't forget this fact.

We can beat them, but it would be a huge result if we did.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 11 Nov 2016, 9:13 am

Watson and Barclay will tackle all day and ickle Jonny is also there. Don't forget Ford, who, as a hooker is poo, but he puts in a shift at tackle time!

My worry is ball carriers. We've got a nice set of backs now but they'll need good quick ball to get moving. We're missing a Du Preez, or a Bradbury to continually get over the gain line to keep the Oz defense honest!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Fri 11 Nov 2016, 9:52 am

I'm excited to watch the highlights - I will be on a plane sadly!

My prediction Scotland 25-40 Australia. I have a feeling that if Scotland win (unlikely but I can hope) it'll be in style and not ground out. Should be a humdinger either way!

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 11 Nov 2016, 9:57 am

tigertattie wrote:Watson and Barclay will tackle all day and ickle Jonny is also there. Don't forget Ford, who, as a hooker is poo, but he puts in a shift at tackle time!

My worry is ball carriers. We've got a nice set of backs now but they'll need good quick ball to get moving. We're missing a Du Preez, or a Bradbury to continually get over the gain line to keep the Oz defense honest!

I think Watson will help there. The lad loves running with ball in hand and once he's going it does take a bit to bring him down. Now I know he's untested at this level so he may not be up to it, but going on club form he should be able to get us over the gain line.

My concern would be that he does get targeted. On one of the player mic things, he was called out as a player to target so I suspect the Australian players will do the same.

In terms of the team, our front row is a worry, just down to the inexperience. Fagerson has shown he's a good player and probably would have played some part in these tests regardless of if Nel had been fit, but Dell wouldn't be near the team if Dickinson, Sutherland etc were fit. That's not to say he won't be able to cope, but he's not in the team on form, but due to injuries.

The rest of the team looks fairly strong. We can question the backrow just in terms of if Wilson is really the best we have at 8, but Cotter seems to rate him, so was always likely to be involved. Our backs are pretty good and shouldn't let us down.

I think we'll lose, but I don't think we'll be destroyed and should at least keep it close.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 11 Nov 2016, 9:58 am

The forceast is perfect for running rugby - 10 degrees and cloudy with little wind. A summers day in Scotland!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 11 Nov 2016, 10:03 am

Watson isn't a ball carrier though. He's a link man that runs at gaps in defenses! Thats why he makes makes yards! Now I'm not putting the lad down, he's great at what he does!

What I'm saying we are lacking is the close quarter ball carriers that when ball is slow tuck it under the arm and bash into the brick wall ahead of them!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by boomeranga Fri 11 Nov 2016, 10:25 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Scotland v Australia, 12 November - Page 3 Cw5o4u5WEAAEWik

I've spent the day (SH) analysning and I note:

1) There's only one completely clean shaven bloke in that line up.
2) Baldy has a Welsh sounding name.
3) All Scots are hipsters.

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Fri 11 Nov 2016, 10:25 am

tiggertattie - can that role not be done by Ickle Jonny and Ford?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 11 Nov 2016, 10:30 am

boomeranga wrote:

Let's hope your compatriots have done a similar level of analysis! Laugh

Apparently when grilled by the Scottish media the aussie players knew very little about our team, but they did say that they have watched Braveheart...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 11 Nov 2016, 10:47 am

TJ wrote:tiggertattie - can that role not be done by Ickle Jonny and Ford?

Jonny doesn't carry too much as he's normally busy doing all the hard graft dirty work (tackling, ruck clear outs)

Ford does carry but he's not that effective!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 11 Nov 2016, 10:52 am

Sorry tattie but I disagree with with a lot of what you've been saying!

'Jonny doesn't carry too much' - eh, yes he does! He is a very prominent ball carrier and almost always gets over the gainline. He will be carrying a lot of ball tomorrow.

'Watson isn't a ball carrier though. He's a link man that runs at gaps in defenses' - although Watson doesn't have the bulk he has plenty power to try and break defences and run through gaps. He definitely isn't a link man, mainly because I don't think I've ever seen him pass!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by boomeranga Fri 11 Nov 2016, 11:03 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
boomeranga wrote:

Apparently when grilled by the Scottish media the aussie players knew very little about our team, but they did say that they have watched Braveheart...

Very Happy are you saying there is no beardy revolution underway over there?  You Honour, I call Mr GLove to the stand. No more questions.

Being us, we think Braveheart is really 'Mad Max IV - beyond beyond thunder dome' so our TVs told us it was Rob Roy they had been studying.

I think this game will mean a fair bit to our guys (and supporters).  I know and accept the revenge card rightly sits in your mits but we've also taken a fair amount of Poopie over that result last year.  I don't understand the reasoning for picking 27 locks but we've picked all our best players including recalling Genia after Phipps had a good game last week and could have justified starting again.

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 11 Nov 2016, 11:10 am

boomeranga wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:
boomeranga wrote:

Very Happy are you saying there is no beardy revolution underway over there?  You Honour, I call Mr GLove to the stand.  No more questions.

Being us, we think Braveheart is really 'Mad Max IV - beyond beyond thunder dome' so our TVs told us it was Rob Roy they had been studying.

I think this game will mean a fair bit to our guys (and supporters).  I know and accept the revenge card rightly sits in your mits but we've also taken a fair amount of Poopie over that result last year.  I don't understand the reasoning for picking 27 locks but we've picked all our best players including recalling Genia after Phipps had a good game last week and could have justified starting again.

That's a fair point - we've only ever seen the fallout from a Scotland point of view. How did the Aussie media and public react to the game? You did win, but you were one messed up Scotland lineout away from losing!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 11 Nov 2016, 11:23 am

Jonny is an effective carrier but he doesn't carry that often! It's no criticism of the boy, it's purely because he's too busy getting involved in the mud to be free to carry!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next