The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Football Discussion

+32
TwisT
LivinginItaly
alfie
LionsV2
guildfordbat
Fernando
Geordie
Lowlandbrit
BamBam
Afro
Samo
dummy_half
lfc91
whocares
Duty281
Beer
wisden
NickisBHAFC
Ent
Born Slippy
owen10ozzy
Good Golly I'm Olly
Steffan
westisbest
Hammersmith harrier
spencerclarke
compelling and rich
Hero
GSC
Dolphin Ziggler
Atila
Crimey
36 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

International Football Discussion - Page 7 Empty International Football Discussion

Post by Crimey Fri 26 Aug 2016, 3:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Thierry Henry has been named Belgium's assistant manager. 

Another odd appointment, it makes sense for Henry who didn't want to give up his media duties. Will be interesting to see how he improves Belgium's forwards, if he can rub off any of his playing skill onto them it'd be sure to have an effect. I'm excited to see if he can work well with Origi who is a striker in his mould.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

International Football Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: International Football Discussion

Post by daraghj82 Thu 06 Sep 2018, 11:37 am

not looking forward to wales game tonight , irish football at a real low point at the moment , not helped by arter and rice supposedly falling out with roy !

daraghj82

Back to top Go down

International Football Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: International Football Discussion

Post by westisbest Thu 06 Sep 2018, 7:45 pm

Add Grealish to that list.
But then who hasn’t fallen out with Keane.

Be an interesting game.

Hopefully the boys in green can get the win in Cardiff again.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2018, 8:32 pm

Wales 3-0 Ireland HT

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 06 Sep 2018, 8:53 pm

Even with a poor side this is terrible.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 07 Sep 2018, 10:48 am

Just looking at some stuff in the news after the game and I came across a pic of Martin and Roy deep in conversation on the sidelines in their green tracksuits.  Well, they looked the part anyway.... slip on a pair of football boots and you're settled in as a working manager.

But the only thought going through my mind was 'Two Stooges'.  Between the two of them they haven't one effective gameplan idea.  Would love them to be wired with mikes to hear the claptrap.

And yet...and yet, there will still be certain knowing fans saying that these two guys are being scapegoated, that they have to deal with the quality of player they have to choose from, that players aren't responding to their super coaching.... etc etc
Even Mick McCarthy, a man who never makes a secret of the fact that'd he'd quite like another shot at the job, seems to have concentrated more on the reactions that will come for poor Martin as he knows what it's like. Sad Poor Mick, still remembering the bad old times.
Well, Mick, if you pity Martin and agree with Niall Quinn that no other manager could get anything better out of the class of player Martin has to choose from, why the hell do you want the job?  For the pay?  You'll lead us for another 4 years or so of complaining that you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear?  Then keep your name off the list of candidates if you already know you don't have the players to work your magic on.
Indeed, McCarthy and O'Neill are similar in that context, the persecution syndrome.... the 'me, me, me' stuff. Even Roy isn't remotely so self obsessed.

Anyway, three people need to either retire gracefully from Irish football or be sacked.  Roy (great great player, inconsequential manager), Martin (the eternally afflicted one with the big pay packet) and that eternal stick in the spokes of progress, Mr Irish Football himself, the Irish Sepp Blatter, John Delaney.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by daraghj82 Fri 07 Sep 2018, 12:03 pm

we were a shamble last night (IRL) time for a change in management, bring back mick McCarthy in time before the Denmark game which will be really important to get a positive result

daraghj82

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 11 Oct 2018, 11:31 pm

Scotland have plumbed new depths by losing to Israel.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 11 Jan 2022, 9:03 pm

African Cup of Nations has started. 2-1. 1-0. 1-0. 1-0. 1-0. 1-0. 1-0. 0-0. 0-0.

It's gripping stuff.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 24 Jan 2022, 6:44 pm

Comoros recorded one of the great upsets in international football when they beat Ghana. Comoros' reward is a last-16 tie v Cameroon...only issue is Comoros have got no goalkeepers due to Covid and injury, meaning a five foot nine fullback is in goal for them tonight. Could be quite something to witness.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7