The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GGG v Brook - Can anybody make a case for Brook ??

+24
mobilemaster8
Fernando
TopHat24/7
superflyweight
melv500
Hammersmith harrier
compelling and rich
kingraf
Rowley
OasisBFC
catchweight
88Chris05
milkyboy
Guest82
Coxy001
Nico the gman
RanjitPatel
BoxingFan88
Mr Bounce
hazharrison
bellchees
Herman Jaeger
AdamT
TRUSSMAN66
28 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

GGG v Brook - Can anybody make a case for Brook ?? - Page 6 Empty GGG v Brook - Can anybody make a case for Brook ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:53 am

First topic message reminder :

I'm seeing a welterweight who isn't lightning fast and doesn't carry huge power at 147.....A welterweight that isn't the most defensively efficient and a guy that went life and death with the ordinary Jones and narrowly outpointed the rugged but decent Shawn Porter...Moving up two weights to fight the best fighter in the sport......(Brook has improved but his weaknesses remain)

Hearn's only line of spin seems to be that both are the best in their divisions and Brook will be better at middle... which like I wrote on an earlier thread makes one wonder why he's never campaigned at 154 ???.....If he's not as good at welter why campaign there ??......

Of course in the last 30 or so years there have been admirable efforts from welters to claim the middle by jumping two divisions and avoiding 154...........Nunn v Starling being one.......A very good performance by Marlon against a great middle.......But Starling had one of the best defences the game has ever seen and Nunn wasn't really a pressure fighter........Nunn won a majority but it was close !!!

I see a lot of Azumah Nelson in GGG.........one of these fighters who appears to be all over you even when he isn't......He'll make you work three minutes a round while every so often banging in some hurtful and wearing combinations.....Decent speed....Accuracy...Great footwork....Good tank and defensively sound........

Like Nelson he's a master craftsman.............

For me any advantages Brook has are negated at the higher weight...He's hitting bigger men and the extra weight will slow him down...

Yes these guys are both the best in their divisions but it is "13 pounds" and GGG to me is the better fighter anyway.....If we are talking two weight classes and the same poundage (bar 1 pound)....Would anyone have wanted to see Ward v Canelo at 168 ???

I can't see a good fight but I've been wrong plenty of times..

If anyone can make a case for Brook I'd love to hear it ......Maybe even convince me to buy it because the jury is out on that one..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

GGG v Brook - Can anybody make a case for Brook ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: GGG v Brook - Can anybody make a case for Brook ??

Post by milkyboy Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:08 pm

It's a look befitting of a massive international superstar, hermy.

Given his warrior persona though, to have a vanity makeover like this does seem a little two-faced of him drumroll  i'm shameless but even I'll call taxi for milky after that one Run

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

GGG v Brook - Can anybody make a case for Brook ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: GGG v Brook - Can anybody make a case for Brook ??

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:23 pm

I'll reserve judgement till tomorrow night but am sorry to see the old beak go I thought it was magnificent will he have lost some of his character we'll see tomorrow

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:33 pm

No idea if he's lost his character but if he's lost his personality, that would be a bonus.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:41 pm

300 amateur fights, 30 odd pro fights and according to the experts on social media GGG has forgotten how to make weight. I hate big fight week, where do these people disappear to when the fight finishes within three rounds?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:52 pm

Rowley wrote:300 amateur fights, 30 odd pro fights and according to the experts on social media GGG has forgotten how to make weight. I hate big fight week, where do these people disappear to when the fight finishes within three rounds?

Manna from heaven for Hearn. I'm taking money hand over fist from mates who think this is a classic in the making and Brook is going to hammer Golovkin.

On Froch: I sat watching him at ringside last year (think it was Leeds). While Johnny Nelson practises his lines (believe it or not), Froch just stares at himself on a monitor - buttoning and unbuttoning his waistcoat, checking his hair and make-up etc. Narcissist of the highest order. His new sneck is haunting my dreams...

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:54 pm

Have no idea of his weight making exploits..

But he doesn't look 100 percent to me..Drawn in the face..

Melv500 maybe spot on.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:58 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Have no idea of his weight making exploits..

But he doesn't look 100 percent to me..Drawn in the face..

Melv500 maybe spot on.

Does he need to be 100%?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:12 am

Carl breaks down the nose medical rather than cosmetic he goes into some detail, it looks good you have to say but is it the same Cobra has he lost something judge for yourselves:

https://youtu.be/UOQsQVFVl5s

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:23 am

But he found a plastic surgeon in the trenches so all forgiven from me.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:18 am

"GGG looks drained. Kell is going to win, bla bla."

Seriously, GGG will win this easy. Too many get caught up with the hype.

Brook might not be even the best 147 fighter, never mind 160.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:58 am

Brook will lose

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6