The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Newcastle United 'Let's have a repeat of the 2009/10 season' Thread

+11
Komatsujo
Fernando
Good Golly I'm Olly
dyrewolfe
TopoftheChops
NickisBHAFC
Dolphin Ziggler
MIG
westisbest
Marky
Crimey
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Newcastle United 'Let's have a repeat of the 2009/10 season' Thread - Page 3 Empty The Newcastle United 'Let's have a repeat of the 2009/10 season' Thread

Post by Guest Thu 12 May 2016, 5:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, here we're again, back in the Championship. How depressing. Thanks to the incompetence of the ownership & management hierarchy, we now enter a new era for the club. Hopefully this will be the beginning of something positive, by starting with the exodus of some incompetent staff & players, this summer.

There can only be one aim & that must be promotion.

Manager - Possibly, Rafael Benitez. I think he can be the difference between becoming Champions or not. Rumours are that we're currently throwing money at him, to entice him to stay. Back-up options will possibly start with Nigel Pearson.

Player Exodus
- Moussa Sissoko - An utter disgrace this season. Sold to Serie A, no doubt
- Gini Wijnaldum - Played until January, then went on holiday. Had no fight, no desire & 0 goals away from home.....embarrassing
- Daryl Janmaat - Guess we will bag £5m for him, whoever buys him, don't expect many clean sheets
- Fabricio Coloccini - Terrible decision by the hierachy to renew his contract. Off to Argentina you go.
- Andros Townsend - Terrific player, performed fantastically since he arrived. Reputation enhanced & doubters proved wrong. £8m to the PL
- Papiss Cisse - One way ticket to Turkey, China or the Middle-East
- Steven Taylor - Released
- Ayoze Perez - Questionable as to his future, if Rafa stays, could possibly see Perez staying, knowing his fellow countryman could help develop him
- Emmanuel Riviere - Ligue 1
- Yoan Gouffran - Ligue 1
- Siem De Jong - Terrible signing by the club, knowing he was injury prone. They then gave him a six-year contract. Embarrassing. Hopefully, if De Boer is appointed Everton manager, then Siem can go to Goodison.
- Florian Thauvin - Interesting one, as no deal with Marseille has been agreed, so he's coming back.
- Cheick Tiote - Bound to be sold, destination unknown

We will be left with a squad consisting of

GK - Krul/Elliott/Darlow
DEF - Anita/Dummett/Mbemba/Lascelles/Good/Sterry/Haidara/Mbabu
MID - Colback/Shelvey/Saivet/Aarons/Vuckic/Sammy Ameobi/De Jong?/Thauvin?/Gouffran?
ATT - Perez?/Mitrovic/Armstrong/Riviere?

Possible Incomings
Too early to judge, we need strengthening with experienced Championship players, but until our manager is confirmed, it's all up in the air. Heavily linked with Lewis Dunk, Tom Ince & Will Hughes in previous seasons though.

Back to top Go down

The Newcastle United 'Let's have a repeat of the 2009/10 season' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Newcastle United 'Let's have a repeat of the 2009/10 season' Thread

Post by Guest Thu 29 Sep 2016, 1:29 pm

Incredible game, unbelievable scenes at the end. Throwing Mitrovic on & going long ball might not be Rafa's style, but it sure is effective & just causes defences all kinds of problems. Still issues in the side, think we should go 4-4-2 more often & Diame is doing his best Sissoko impression so far, been abysmal.

Huge 3 points, seeing as we could of been sitting 10th in the league, had we lost last night. Rotherham away at the weekend should be 3 points.

Back to top Go down

The Newcastle United 'Let's have a repeat of the 2009/10 season' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Newcastle United 'Let's have a repeat of the 2009/10 season' Thread

Post by Guest Thu 29 Sep 2016, 8:13 pm

I wonder to myself whether Newcastle fans are going to enjoy this season in the Championship more than the last few seasons in the Premiership.  Two goals in extra time to turn the game around is reminiscent of the Man Utd v Bayern Munich match 17 odd years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 29 Sep 2016, 10:35 pm

Good game fellas - like Geordie says you should've been about 5 up in 20 minutes, so ultimately it would've been a bit of a robbery if we'd won

Would imagine we'll have a top of the table clash down the line too - hopefully it's as good as that match
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 18 Oct 2016, 11:15 am

Well going ok so far. Just continue along.

Gayle scoring goals. Shelvey seemingly settling and really playing some lovely stuff.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 03 Nov 2016, 9:32 pm

£30m for sissoko...... Hilarious!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2016, 8:28 pm

We've also confirmed that we've agreed a deal with Marseille, to sell Florian Thauvin on a permanent deal next summer. Fee is £9.8m Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sun 06 Nov 2016, 8:44 pm

Seriously... Another cracking deal.

The thing about sisoko is that even if he had gone to Real or such he still would be the same. He's just inconsistent, lazy and has WAY TOO high expectations of himself!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Nov 2016, 6:34 pm

Possible five game ban for Shelvey for abusing a Wolves player

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 10 Nov 2016, 11:43 am

Yeah i saw that. Was it something racist?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 10 Nov 2016, 12:03 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Yeah i saw that. Was it something racist?

Seems so.

Right when he was starting to get plaudits.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 10 Nov 2016, 12:03 pm

Yeah it was. He'd have got away with it if one of the Wolves players didn't hear cos apparently their player barely speaks English.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 16 Nov 2016, 2:41 pm

Mitro is playing well at the moment, scored for his national side.

Did I hear right that plans have been agreed to expand the capacity of the stadium?

I thought that simply wasn't able to happen....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Nov 2016, 4:19 pm

I think you heard about the ruling for next season, which has enforced all PL stadia, to allocate an away section at pitch level.

In other news, Jonjo Shelvey has pleaded not guilty to his F.A charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 16 Nov 2016, 5:34 pm

Ah right thanks for clearing that.

I see Aarons did his acl and is out for a year. I have no faith In him staying fit at all!!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Nov 2016, 8:09 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:I see Aarons did his acl and is out for a year!

Huge shame. I had high hopes for Rolando, but unfortunately he's always been injury prone. Guess we won't see him until next summer now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Komatsujo Thu 17 Nov 2016, 2:42 pm

The two biggest teams in the Championship go head to head on Sunday. Any thoughts on the result. I personally think it will be a close encounter with the Magpies just nicking it 1-2.

Komatsujo

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 22 Nov 2016, 2:38 pm

Well you saw the difference between Gayle and Mitro...I don't think Mitro would have put those chances away.

But its nice to have different options up front.

Ps That was a very controlled performance and good win.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 20 Dec 2016, 2:53 pm

Shelvey outcome

5 match ban
£100k fine
Ordered to attend a Football Association education course

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed 18 Jan 2017, 1:17 pm

Anybody going tonight?

I'v got a ticket for Milburn stand and i'm sure we'll turn them over. But i'v thought that about a few teams and its backfired.

I'd prefare too see some young ones play tonight as the championship is pretty tight at the top right now.

Heardman has been playing well in the U21s apparently.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 03 Apr 2017, 3:01 pm

Well I was at the game on Saturday...and that wasn't pretty! Points in the bag.

But we sat and said who could actually make it in the prem. And we decided VERY few.

Maybe Gayle, Ritchie and Shelvey. The rest are not prem class. Laschelles..a work in progress.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Apr 2017, 5:12 pm

Been playing like a league two side since Xmas, but the championship hasn't punished us & the opposition just isn't very good. We've got the job done & promotion is pretty much in the bag, irrespective of how poor we look.

It's a massive summer, the defining moment for Rafa & the project he took on. Squad needs a big clearout & some genuine quality added.

I'd imagine the core will be Darlow, Clark, Lascelles, Yedlin, Hayden, Ritchie, Shelvey & Gayle. The rest are are expendable in my eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 06 Apr 2017, 9:51 am

We're scraping through, winning games. Thats the bottom line at the moment. It doesn't have to be fancy...We just need points and promotion....

As to next year...Its all down to how much cash Ashley will give him.

If its not enough Rafa will be gone I think. Reputation very much enhanced as he's proved he can bring a team up from a tough lower division.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Apr 2017, 11:13 am

Matt Ritchie is hauling us over the line, everyone else is sleepwalking to promotion. Serious work to be done this summer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 10 Apr 2017, 11:18 am

Woeful once again.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 13 Apr 2017, 11:20 am

Is it right that with some permutation of results we could be up this week or next?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Thu 13 Apr 2017, 2:22 pm

We could go up on Monday if we win both our fixtures and Huddersfield lose one.

Imagine getting promoted at Ipswich on Sir Bobby Robson day. Take that all day.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 18 Apr 2017, 8:00 am

IF we do manage to go up....95% of the squad has to go! Just not good enough.

Well done Chris Houghton. Proper Gentleman and deserved promotion with Brighton

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Apr 2017, 12:44 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:IF we do manage to go up....95% of the squad has to go! Just not good enough

Simply can't overhaul 95% of a squad, too expensive to undertake, but I see what you mean.

I can see the core squad being:

GK: Krul, Darlow, Sels?, Elliott?, Woodman?
DF: Mbemba, Lascelles, Clark, Yedlin
MF: Ritchie, Shelvey, Hayden, Diame, Aarons
ST: Gayle, Mitrovic, Perez

Outgoing - Gouffran, Sels, Elliott, Anita, Colback, Murphy, Atsu (end of loan), Lazaar, Dummett, Hanley, Gamez - £15m recouped

Main Rumours & links - Gylfi Sigurdsson, Tammy Abraham (loan), Reuben Loftus-Cheek (loan), Tom Cairney, Ryan Shawcross, Harry Maguire, Andrew Robertson & James McCarthy.

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:33 pm

Firstly congrats to Chris Hughton. Both Norwich and, yes, Newcastle showed you little respect and you've done a real good job with Brighton.

Secondly thanks to Huddersfield and Reading for your generosity in trying to help us out here. Much needed and surely we can't slip up now? It would be the hugest banana skin ever.

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 27 Apr 2017, 8:23 am

Just John wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:IF we do manage to go up....95% of the squad has to go! Just not good enough

Simply can't overhaul 95% of a squad, too expensive to undertake, but I see what you mean.

I can see the core squad being:

GK: Krul, Darlow, Sels?, Elliott?, Woodman?
DF: Mbemba, Lascelles, Clark, Yedlin
MF: Ritchie, Shelvey, Hayden, Diame, Aarons
ST: Gayle, Mitrovic, Perez

Outgoing - Gouffran, Sels, Elliott, Anita, Colback, Murphy, Atsu (end of loan), Lazaar, Dummett, Hanley, Gamez - £15m recouped

Main Rumours & links - Gylfi Sigurdsson, Tammy Abraham (loan), Reuben Loftus-Cheek (loan), Tom Cairney, Ryan Shawcross, Harry Maguire, Andrew Robertson & James McCarthy.

Id replace Diame...poor mans Sissoko! And I wouldn't keep Aarons either. Time to cut our losses! If Atsu wasn't too expensive id maybe plump for him as Aarons replacement.

It could all be irrelevant if United have been up to no good....and I really wouldn't put it past them

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 May 2017, 2:49 pm

Champions!!!!!

The Newcastle United 'Let's have a repeat of the 2009/10 season' Thread - Page 3 Img_2010

The Newcastle United 'Let's have a repeat of the 2009/10 season' Thread - Page 3 Img_2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 08 May 2017, 1:04 pm

Now we find out how serious Ashley is!!

Will Rafa get the money he wants and more importantly needs!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 May 2017, 2:31 pm

Christian Atsu looks set to complete a permanent move for £6.2m.

The Newcastle United 'Let's have a repeat of the 2009/10 season' Thread - Page 3 Img_2110

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 22 May 2017, 3:22 pm

Yeah, do you think would be a good deal?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 22 May 2017, 4:14 pm

He was good, but, bit lightweight for the Premier League IMO.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 07 Jun 2017, 2:56 pm

So looking increasingly likely Mitrovic is off to Turkey.

And we have signed young Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham on a season long loan...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Jun 2017, 5:18 pm

If we can get £14m out of Besiktas for Mitrovic, then we should sell him. Simply not good enough.

Anita released

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 09 Jun 2017, 8:30 pm

£14m for Mitrovic ...is that what they're offering??? Jesus I take their hand off for that!

Yeah Anita, Sammy Ameobi and a few others gone. No loss.

Interesting through theres a few kids who seem to be interesting the coaches at Newcastle and they have been given new contracts. Players like midfielder Sean Longstaff and striker Tom Heardman.

We need a few of these to break into the side over the next few years and become talismanic players like Caragher and Gerrard were for Liverpool etc....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 13 Jun 2017, 11:31 am

Seems to be something in this Chinese take over??!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3