The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Norwich City "We'll probably get promoted in 16/17 then relegated in 17/18" thread

4 posters

Go down

The Norwich City "We'll probably get promoted in 16/17 then relegated in 17/18" thread Empty The Norwich City "We'll probably get promoted in 16/17 then relegated in 17/18" thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 12 May 2016, 4:52 pm

Yo-yo-ing our way between the divisions as we've become WBA mid 00's, I think as things stand we're well equipped to make a real promotion push considering our team is basically the same as when we went up last year.

It is of paramount importance we keep Alex Neil. Hoping the board really come out and back him soon.

David McNally (CEO) left last week, and needs replacing before the month is out really, so we can begin work on the squad.

Speaking of the squad here is my predicted outgoings this summer

Robbie Brady - to a promoted side
Nathan Redmond - to someone like Stoke/Swansea
Timm Klose - can see him going back to Germany

Also expect us to release a few outsiders like Andreu, Lafferty etc

We will need some reinforcements up front, as currently only really Jerome is still with us next season - and a new CB or two wouldn't go amiss.

Excited to see what some our youngsters can do - Josh/Jacob Murphy have had good years at MK Dons/Coventry this season, expecting them to break into the first XI especially if Redmond/Brady leave. Also James Maddison who we brought from Coventry is meant to be a real talent, looking forward to seeing what he can do (expecting him to split playing time with Wes if he's as good as hyped). Also Harry Toffolo at left back will make some first team appearances I reckon.

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

The Norwich City "We'll probably get promoted in 16/17 then relegated in 17/18" thread Empty Re: The Norwich City "We'll probably get promoted in 16/17 then relegated in 17/18" thread

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 13 May 2016, 12:13 pm

Had a discussion about this on the Oneboro forum and most of us agreed the Canaries were best placed to bounce straight back, given that your squad hasn't changed much and there are no obvious off-field issues.

Both Newcastle and Villa have problems in the boardroom, as well as players on big PL wages that could prove hard to shift. I think restructuring and adapting to Championship football will be a lot harder for them.

Even with teams like Derby, Hull, Wednesday etc. in the mix, I'd still expect to see you guys up there, come the end of the season. Best of luck!

I can still remember when you dumped Bayern Munich out of the UEFA Cup (even though you went out in the next round to Inter Milan).
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

The Norwich City "We'll probably get promoted in 16/17 then relegated in 17/18" thread Empty Re: The Norwich City "We'll probably get promoted in 16/17 then relegated in 17/18" thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 10 Jun 2016, 1:57 pm

Michael Turner, Alex tettey and Wes hoolahan have all had their contracts extended

A load of rubbish youth players released
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 10 Jun 2016, 5:09 pm

TURNER

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 13 Jun 2016, 7:34 pm

Wessi, Brady - my boys heart heart heart heart heart
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 27 Jul 2016, 9:28 pm

So we've sold Redmond for 11m, and signed Sergi Canos for 2.5m (rising to 4.5m), and Michael McGovern on a free

McCormack heavily linked - Neil has said we're after strikers, so expecting some movement soon. Otherwise think it'll be fairly quiet for us the rest of the window

Jez Moxey appointed CEO today as well - hope he does well
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Sun 31 Jul 2016, 9:23 pm

Lol welcome back

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 01 Aug 2016, 7:46 pm

Wessi signs a deal through to 2018

The WESTIMONIAL WILL HAPPEN FOLKS
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 24 Apr 2017, 9:33 pm

Didn't quite go as planned.......

Stewie Webs is leading us to glory in future years the hero
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 19 Jul 2017, 8:35 am

Some bad news - Pritchard, Klose and Pinto all injured in our friendly with Cambridge - all will miss the start of the season, Pritchard likely to be out until October/November which is a huge blow.

Shame to lose players like Howson/Murphy - but as Webber has stated all summer, if we wanted to overhaul the squad this summer we needed to get a few off the books, and the wage bill needed to be reduced quite drastically. Still some deadwood holding on (I'm looking at you Matt Jarvis), hopefully we can somehow convince a club to sign them!

A lot of Germans in - some shrewd signings though in my opinion. Vrancic is quality, and should hopefully mean we don't miss Howson in CM. Watkins was very good for Barnsley last year, so will help replace Murphy. Think we still need a CM, CB and striker/winger
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down