The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was Walsh telling Youngs when getting him to move/change position

+6
Cardiff Dave
LondonTiger
LordDowlais
Knackeredknees
thebluesmancometh
lostinwales
10 posters

Go down

What was Walsh telling Youngs when getting him to move/change position Empty What was Walsh telling Youngs when getting him to move/change position

Post by lostinwales Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:37 pm

I mentioned this in the refs thread but got no reply. I know some people were listening to the ref's feed so I was wondering - what was Walsh actually saying to Youngs/ the
English front row for that first scrum after Vunipola came on? The one
that looked like it was always going to end up as a penalty to Wales as
he kept on seeming to have a go at Young's position?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

What was Walsh telling Youngs when getting him to move/change position Empty Re: What was Walsh telling Youngs when getting him to move/change position

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:41 pm

I wasn't at the game or listening to the ref but I thought it had something to do with Youngs foot placement and where he was looking to scrummage.

I'm not sure if Youngs was doing this as I wasn't paying attention but the accepted practice for the front row is for the hooker to use his extended leg as a sort of handbrake, in which he'd put the scrums weight on and retract for the hit. If his handbrake leg isn't streight it can indicate wher the front row are attempting to scrummage, in this case Jones had the refs ear and was complaining Youngs was clearly trying to not scrummage straight.

I may be 100% wrong however!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

What was Walsh telling Youngs when getting him to move/change position Empty Re: What was Walsh telling Youngs when getting him to move/change position

Post by Knackeredknees Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:45 pm

I think it was a game of simon says!

Simon says move 1 inch left
Simon says move 1 inch right
move 1 inch left
Ha got ya!! penalty to Wales!!

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:48 pm

Knackeredknees wrote:I think it was a game of simon says!

move 1 inch left

No it was that song they always put on in kids party's, I do not know what it is called, but it has the lines of slide to the left, slide to the right, criss cross and a load of other bollix, he was singing that to him, and he was singing twist and shout to Adam Jones. Laugh

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:50 pm

move 1 inch left

Laugh

Cha cha slide? Is it wrong that I know that AND don't have any kids Run

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:58 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:

move 1 inch left

Laugh

Sorry to say but yes it is!!
Unless your only 14 yourself?

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:59 pm

Nah it was the hokey cokey

You put your left leg in,
Your left leg out,
In, out, in, out, shake it all about

Youngs was refusing to shake it all about.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:00 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:

move 1 inch left

What was Walsh telling Youngs when getting him to move/change position 810156456

Cha cha slide? Is it wrong that I know that AND don't have any kids What was Walsh telling Youngs when getting him to move/change position 2211252749

Depends - you might have a second career as a school disco DJ What was Walsh telling Youngs when getting him to move/change position 590675

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:04 pm

Heads or tails?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:04 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:

move 1 inch left

Laugh

Cha Cha slide, thats the bugger, my daughters and my misses always get up for that one, they even try and convince me to do it as well, but I am more of a wig wham bam dancer to be honest. Whistle

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:08 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:Heads or tails?

Heads I win, tails you lose?

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:13 pm

Actually I reckon he was asking him to do the Time Warp.

I can imagine Walsh spends his spare time dressed up as Dr Frank'n'Furter

Spoiler:

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:19 pm

Laugh

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:33 pm

Well this thread got derailed with record pace...

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:38 pm

Yes it has but at least its been What was Walsh telling Youngs when getting him to move/change position 810156456

There is still time for a sensible answer though. I wouldnt want to think that those who listened to the ref recording and said his communication was good are as 'one eared' as some around here are one eyed

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:47 pm

Sorry Sad

It did seem as if he wanted him to move the position of one of his feet before engagement. Then asked him to move it back again. It was all rather odd.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:50 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Sorry Sad

It did seem as if he wanted him to move the position of one of his feet before engagement. Then asked him to move it back again. It was all rather odd.

There were a few 'odd' glances from Walsh to youngs throughout the game too, clearly Youngs rubbed him up the wrong way. I did notice him telling Youngs to be quiet a few times!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:27 pm

Maybe he was confused by Youngs always staring at him while scrummaging...

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:27 pm

I think walsh was telling Youngs not to mess up his oppo's hairstyle, and not to disturb the Welsh while they are busy dropping the scrum, i mean you can't say fairer than that and of course he warned youngs to always let wales win, or else he'd award a penalty. Obvious stuff really.

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:41 pm

What we failed to see was that the very same snake that Brian O'Driscoll tried to heroically save an Italian player from in the game before had popped up between the forwards and Walsh was trying to direct Youngs to stamp on it.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:43 pm

yappysnap wrote:What we failed to see was that the very same snake that Brian O'Driscoll tried to heroically save an Italian player from in the game before had popped up between the forwards and Walsh was trying to direct Youngs to stamp on it.

I have heard rumours about Hibbard but snake? Really?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:05 pm

I'm not sure, which front rower had to quickly get subbed after the scrum?

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:51 pm

Cracking not a single suggestion. What he was saying is that Youngs was positioning his shoulders to bore in towards Walsh and bore into Hibberd/Owens. Jones wanted him square.

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:57 am

Mate did you not read about the snake?

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:54 am

Will be known as Steve Welsh from now on, shewerly.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down