The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premier League results week 5

5 posters

Go down

Premier League results week 5 Empty Premier League results week 5

Post by BamBam Tue 29 Mar 2016, 2:37 pm

Chesham United 1 - 2 Macc Town
(Dybala)                  (Pogba, Eriksen)

On paper I'd expect Macc to have the better of this. Chesham have gone out with a defensive mindset, and with an effective back 5 it will really squeeze the space for Hero's speedy wings and Lukaku. Having said that, this will likely give Pogba and Eriksen some space to have the odd shot at goal, and this is where I'd expect them to nick a goal or two. Nando's side has plenty going forward though, and I can't see Macc holding out for 90 mins against strikers of that quality, and plenty of playmaking in behind them

In the end, I'd fancy Hero's midfield to be able to control the game late on and close out a well earned win.

The loss of Saul to injury probably cost Nando a draw

Chesham tactics:

Macc Town tactics:

MK Dons 0 - 1 Man Utd
                       (Ibrahimovic)

2 very well matched sides. Both have ridiculously strong midfields, and their biggest weaknesses defensively are the full backs.

Dons have an excellent trio of passers in the midfield, but I wonder if their roles are a bit confused, as none of them are natural holding midfielders in my eyes. Going forward, they've got good players, but Viva's centre backs are very strong, and protected excellently. I'm not sure that Dons have the wide players capable of taking advantage of that relative weakness.

Viva has the opposite with 3 superb DMs, but I think they may lack a bit of punch in getting the ball forward, and Ibra may be starved of service. Utd's big success will be if Robben can get isolated against either MK full back, he could really dominate there.

Really difficult game to call, can see the midfields cancelling each other out, and the game just being a midfield battle. I'd expect it to be very tight up until the subs come on, then fancy Robben/Ben Arfa out wide to just be too much for the Dons defence, and Ibra to nick a winner

MK Dons tactics:

Man Utd tactics:

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Premier League results week 5 Empty Re: Premier League results week 5

Post by FIFA Diva Tue 29 Mar 2016, 3:45 pm

Excellent work Bam OK

Good game Miky.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 29 Mar 2016, 3:52 pm

Yep cheers Bam, both surprised and relieved with that result against Nando who I think has a very strong side.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 29 Mar 2016, 4:19 pm

Literally nothing surprised me about that result soon as saw the words defensive and back 5.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue 29 Mar 2016, 4:59 pm

Fernando wrote:Literally nothing surprised me about that result soon as saw the words defensive and back 5.
4-2-3-1 is the only way to get results in these leagues, you must know that by now.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down