The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aviva Premiership - Round 17

+19
nathan
Scottrf
Ozzy3213
stub
Heaf
Bathman_in_London
lostinwales
WELL-PAST-IT
bluestonevedder
propdavid_london
beshocked
Bathite
Sgt_Pooly
Geordie
formerly known as Sam
king_carlos
yappysnap
doctor_grey
LondonTiger
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Aviva Premiership - Round 17 - Page 3 Empty Aviva Premiership - Round 17

Post by LondonTiger Thu 17 Mar 2016, 8:05 am

First topic message reminder :

Table

Aviva Premiership - Round 17 - Page 3 Table110

Fixtures

Fri 18th Mar 16

19:45 Bath Rugby  v   Newcastle Falcons BT Sport

Sat 19th Mar 16

15:00 Harlequins  v   Worcester Warriors

Sun 20th Mar 16

13:00 Exeter Chiefs  v   Northampton Saints Sandy Park BT Sport
14:00 Wasps  v   Sale Sharks
15:00 London Irish  v   Gloucester Rugby
15:15 Leicester Tigers  v   Saracens BT Sport

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Aviva Premiership - Round 17 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 17

Post by SirBurger Mon 21 Mar 2016, 8:13 am

Ozzy3213 wrote:I only saw the first half of our game yesterday and the referee appeared to be doing ok.  A lack of clinical edge from us however very nearly cost us that game.  I have no idea how it was 10-10 at the break.  I thnk they'd been in our 22 twice whilst if we'd taken even half the chance we'd created we'd have had 3 or 4 tries.  We'll need to be a lot sharper in the next few weeks if we're going to pick up the wins we need to get above Falcons.

Agreed - ref was fine in the first half. He was far from it in the second.

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 21 Mar 2016, 8:21 am

Ozzy3213 wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:
Ozzy3213 wrote:
nathan wrote:
SirBurger wrote:Pretty laughable that David Humphreys is trying to blame the ref for his team's defeat.
Seems to be a lot of ref whinging from DORs this year, but I'm pretty shocked that I don't think I've heard cockers having a moan!

I know we've moaned about referees on here, but Tom Coventry has remained tight lipped on them which I am glad about.

Pretty sure I have heard Delaney moaning though.

I doubt that greatly, as Delaney is not involved in matchday/playing affairs and is never interviewed after games.  The only time I can recall him being interviewed by anyone this season is over the whole Andy Goode affair.

Every time I have seen LI on TV they have spoken to Delaney. Always during the game, usually before as well. Never stay watching after so no idea about that. I do admit that I may have attributed some of the moans from you guys on here to him - understandable as no-one moans about refs more than LI fans it seems, not even the Welsh Run

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 21 Mar 2016, 12:05 pm

Dread seeing Jp Doyle named as ref these days.

Thought Tigers deserved the victory as the better team but questionable call by JP Doyle on the 77th minute. Neck roll is a lighter sentence than a no arms tackle? Thought both were penalties or YCs - not one being worse than the other.

Shame really because I thought JP Doyle was doing a pretty good job till then.

Mordt - I knew he wasn't good enough, so it proved.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Mon 21 Mar 2016, 1:14 pm

Heaf wrote:
SirBurger wrote:Pretty laughable that David Humphreys is trying to blame the ref for his team's defeat.
The man is a buffoon ... Glaws got away with murder constantly dropping the scrum 5m from their line and only getting a YC after the 5th time and then claiming they had no replacement so scrums went uncontested ... yeah right

That series of play was quite farcical. Craig Maxwell-House did a similar thing to us against Wuss earlier in the season. It was a clear penalty try, yet he decides to bin the remaining fit prop and nullify the whole advantage.

Humphreys didn't blame the ref for the loss, he's made it quite clear we were atrocious. He did say the ref was truly awful; his management of the breakdown was bemusing and very inconsistent. He binned Marshall for an offence which when repeated by Irish in the 2nd half he just gave a penalty for. It wouldn't have made any difference to the result and the ref was just as bad to both sides and it was a deserved victory for Irish. In no way taking the sincerity out of the last statement or making a barbed comment, but Irish will need to massively improve if they are to stay up. They won't face as many sides as poor as we were yesterday and whether they were lacking confidence or not they were error strewn and butchered what few opportunities they created. Glaws are incredibly fortunate we've already racked up a few wins this season, otherwise we'd be going down. Yesterday we were as bad as I've ever seen us, we had absolutely no intensity or accuracy and it was plain embarrassing. As above Irish deserved the win, but they surely won't get it as easy as that again from any other side.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 21 Mar 2016, 1:39 pm

It seemed that Doyle didn't want to go back for the neck roll so was looking for an excuse not to give the penalty. Upgrading Ellery's offence presented that. He's a bit unlucky with that yellow but it was a late shoulder with no arms. Doyle was close enough to see the Ayerza neck roll and so must have decided there wasn't enough in it.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 21 Mar 2016, 1:39 pm

Even when you win you whinge about the ref, at least your consistent Heaf!!!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Mon 21 Mar 2016, 2:03 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Heaf does enough morning about refs for the London Irish contingent Wink

Hey everyone has to have a hobby Smile

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 21 Mar 2016, 2:13 pm

Laugh

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Mon 21 Mar 2016, 2:18 pm

Although I'm not sure I was whinging about the ref on Saturday so much as responding to the alleged whinging by Humphrey's Smile ... I guess you could call it a counter-whinge Smile

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Mon 21 Mar 2016, 2:19 pm

I'm sure normal service will be resumed next week Smile

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 21 Mar 2016, 3:52 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:It seemed that Doyle didn't want to go back for the neck roll so was looking for an excuse not to give the penalty. Upgrading Ellery's offence presented that. He's a bit unlucky with that yellow but it was a late shoulder with no arms. Doyle was close enough to see the Ayerza neck roll and so must have decided there wasn't enough in it.

Yup that's what I thought too but doesn't mean I agree with Doyle. Just seemed to me that he wanted to do things his way instead of punishing the initial offence which I believe he should have done.

Might well have seen the Ayerza neck roll but they showed it on the screen too - I personally thought that Ayerza's offence was just as bad.

The Ellery incident would not have happened if Doyle had stopped play for the neck roll. I am not condoning Ellery's offence but effectively Ayerza was allowed to get away with his by Doyle despite being the initial guilty party.

Just gives me another reason to dislike Doyle.

This is small fry compared to his other howlers but still... just reinforces by low opinion of him.

At least this wasn't an AP final again.....

It's a shame when you have to hope to avoid a ref.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed 23 Mar 2016, 9:08 am

beshocked wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:It seemed that Doyle didn't want to go back for the neck roll so was looking for an excuse not to give the penalty. Upgrading Ellery's offence presented that. He's a bit unlucky with that yellow but it was a late shoulder with no arms. Doyle was close enough to see the Ayerza neck roll and so must have decided there wasn't enough in it.

Yup that's what I thought too but doesn't mean I agree with Doyle. Just seemed to me that he wanted to do things his way instead of punishing the initial offence which I believe he should have done.

Might well have seen the Ayerza neck roll but they showed it on the screen too - I personally thought that Ayerza's offence was just as bad.

The Ellery incident would not have happened if Doyle had stopped play for the neck roll. I am not condoning Ellery's offence but effectively Ayerza was allowed to get away with his by Doyle despite being the initial guilty party.

Just gives me another reason to dislike Doyle.

This is small fry compared to his other howlers but still... just reinforces by low opinion of him.

At least this wasn't an AP final again.....

It's a shame when you have to hope to avoid a ref.

Historically, Doyle hasn't favoured Tigers either. But, hey, we live with it.

The one referee that truly terrifies me is Greg Garner. I watched him live at the match on Sunday and was left in genuine wonderment as to how the chap is allowed out of the house without a guide dog.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 23 Mar 2016, 11:26 pm

We have Garner this weekend. Was hoping we'd get Luke Pearce as he has been the referee I have been most impressed with this season.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 24 Mar 2016, 7:48 am

Dislike Pearce as he never seems to have any control.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3