The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McGregor vs Dos Anjos OFF

+5
compelling and rich
TopHat24/7
AdamT
westisbest
owen10ozzy
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

McGregor vs Dos Anjos OFF - Page 2 Empty McGregor vs Dos Anjos OFF

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 23 Feb 2016, 3:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

This fight is reportedly off...Dos Anjos with a foot injury forcing him out of the March 5th Clash. Injury bestows another Brazilian ahead of a title fight with the polarising Irishman. I'm starting to think McGregor carries a voodo doll of his opponents around with him. Legitimate injury or has Anjos realised what he may be walking into?

The layoff will play to the benefit of McGregor who will feast on this pull out much like he did Aldo. Sad news though as I couldn't wait for this!

No announcement on whether Connor will be scrapped altogether but I'd imagine he will happily take on someone else...Aldo rematch? Edgar catch weight? Or maybe even Donald Cerrone?

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

McGregor vs Dos Anjos OFF - Page 2 Empty Re: McGregor vs Dos Anjos OFF

Post by AdamT Wed 09 Mar 2016, 11:12 am

I'd say he put on 5-10 lbs on his walking around weight. It's still a fair amount.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Mar 2016, 12:40 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Did you see him??? It certainly wasn't 25lbs of chub.

That was probably close to his walk around weight and his natural physique, don't forget to fight at 145 he cuts a huge amount of weight then dehydrates himself for the weigh in to make 145, then rehydrates and eats. Don't know his actual ring weights for his previous fights but I bet he's around 160. Watched part of a Joe Rogan podcast with Eddie Bravo last night and they showed photos from his last 2 weigh ins he look almost emaciated, shredded beyond belief 5% bf or below for the Aldo fight but looked great for the Diaz fight. The extra weight obviously didn't help him especially the way he was unloading with those high kicks but the extra weight probably didn't help Diaz either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 09 Mar 2016, 7:49 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Did you see him??? It certainly wasn't 25lbs of chub.

In reality he didn't gain 25lbs at all especially not of muscle.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 10 Mar 2016, 12:17 am

I would guess 7lbs. Maybe a bit less.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 11 Mar 2016, 9:35 am

7lbs in that timescale is still far too much, ultimately he was beaten by somebody his own size who could take his punch, the size difference between them looked negligible to me.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 11 Mar 2016, 9:38 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:7lbs in that timescale is still far too much, ultimately he was beaten by somebody his own size who could take his punch, the size difference between them looked negligible to me.

Definitely agree with you. He feasted on smaller fighters. He met a tough guy the same size and lost the fight fair and square. In fact Diaz had only 10 days to prepare. What would he do with a full camp?

I'm a huge Conor fan, but no excuses. The better man won for sure.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Mar 2016, 9:08 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:7lbs in that timescale is still far too much, ultimately he was beaten by somebody his own size who could take his punch, the size difference between them looked negligible to me.

Diaz weighed in 1lb heavier and come fight night there was very little between them as you said. Conor still came in lighter than his walk around weight. People seem to forget that he was supposed to be cutting to 155 and saying he actually put on between 7 & 24 lbs of muscle in 11 days! No he just didn't have to cut & dehydrate himself for the weigh in then rehydrate & eat in preperation for the fight. Had Diaz said 155 no problem he'd still have come in at a similar ring weight.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 14 Mar 2016, 10:15 am

Really? Been a load of stuff over tinernet about how their ring weights were about 15-17lbs different??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2016, 1:00 pm

Tbh I've not been trawling the internet looking for excuses for why CM lost, what I have seen comes from Chael Sonnen, apparently Diaz put on weight after going to bed & CM lost weight after going to bed! Bottom line is that on the night the better prepared & better fighter won, CM gassed badly, got rocked from a punch which he didn't recover from and then made a huge error in taking Diaz to the floor, a place before the fight I would have guessed was the only place Diaz would have won from. In a rematch at 155 would I bet against CM? No, but nor would I write Diaz off either. Fan boys need to get over themselves, CM certainly has.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 17 Mar 2016, 2:19 pm

I wasn't trawling either, it's called a twitter feed. I follow lots of boxing news feeds and see stories when they come up.

I agree the better man won and am certainly no fanboy. Diaz is/was always going to be too much for CM IMO, unless, maybe, severely drained.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 18 Mar 2016, 8:55 am

I would back Diaz to beat him at 155, for sure.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 18 Mar 2016, 8:57 am

I am still a Conor fan. His fights are full of excitement and he will take out most guys with the left hand.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Mar 2016, 8:49 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:I wasn't trawling either, it's called a twitter feed.  I follow lots of boxing news feeds and see stories when they come up.

I agree the better man won and am certainly no fanboy.  Diaz is/was always going to be too much for CM IMO, unless, maybe, severely drained.

I wasn't actually accusing you of being a fan boy or trawling the net looking for excuses but you can bet your life there are enough out there doing so. From my quick search it did seem that Chael Sonnen had put this out but I am sure he wasn't the only one. So many times people find it hard to except when there fighter loses, it was the same with the Ricky Hatton fans when he lost to Floyd, blaming the ref and saying you never know in a rematch with a different ref.

Last edited by sohotnot on Tue 22 Mar 2016, 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 22 Mar 2016, 8:52 am

Yeah I remember loads blaming the ref for that fight. He did break them up a it quick sometimes, but the instances it wasn't, Floyd was winning on the inside too.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Mar 2016, 12:02 pm

AdamT wrote:Yeah I remember loads blaming the ref for that fight. He did break them up a it quick sometimes, but the instances it wasn't, Floyd was winning on the inside too.

Yeah but that was because the ref broke it up before, Hatton couldn't hold & hit, throw some low blows, Floyd was bigger, his fry up was a touch smaller that day etc etc. I remember my brother saying he couldn't believe it that this seriously hard bloke had lost.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 22 Mar 2016, 12:07 pm

I think I was the only one of my group of mates that picked Floyd. Well maybe there were a couple of others.

Was hardly surprising Floyd won.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2