The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frampo v Quigg week - Experts divided !!

+18
aja424
AlexHuckerby
Rowley
Kareem61
lambertm100
EX7EY
superflyweight
TopHat24/7
Scottrf
Coxy001
shenglong2015
RanjitPatel
rob-glos
All Time Great
Baby faced assassin
AdamT
Steffan
TRUSSMAN66
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Frampo v Quigg week - Experts divided !! Empty Frampo v Quigg week - Experts divided !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Feb 2016, 8:21 pm

Guys that have fought them both in CAPS.....Martinez is a good opinion..

Frampo
--------

Johnny Nelson
Lee Selby
Nick Blackwell
Stuart Hall
Gary Lockett
KIKO MARTINEZ
John Murray
Tony Bellew
Frankie Gavin

Quigg
-------

Freddie Roach
Tommy Coyle
Gavin McDonnell
GAVIN REID
Rendall Munroe
Eddie Chambers
Lewis Pettit ...............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Frampo v Quigg week - Experts divided !! Empty Re: Frampo v Quigg week - Experts divided !!

Post by Steffan Mon 22 Feb 2016, 8:26 pm

I think Quigg will win

Haven't looked at the odds yet but will place a bet in the week

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Frampo v Quigg week - Experts divided !! Empty Re: Frampo v Quigg week - Experts divided !!

Post by AdamT Mon 22 Feb 2016, 8:36 pm

I think Frampo. Late ko.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Mon 22 Feb 2016, 9:46 pm

Siding with Carl......only just though
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Mon 22 Feb 2016, 11:44 pm

Isn't that 10/8 in favour of Frampton. That's 5/4. E.g he's considered a c55/45 favourite.

Is my Maths right? This thread's title is MISLEADING! furious furious

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Feb 2016, 12:00 am

All Time Great wrote:Isn't that 10/8 in favour of Frampton. That's 5/4. E.g he's considered a c55/45 favourite.

It doesn't say equally divided does it ??...Dumb ass.. Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Tue 23 Feb 2016, 12:49 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
All Time Great wrote:Isn't that 10/8 in favour of Frampton. That's 5/4. E.g he's considered a c55/45 favourite.

It doesn't say equally divided does it ??...Dumb ass..  Rolling Eyes

Agreed, I can't count. It's 9/7 in favour of Frampton.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Tue 23 Feb 2016, 8:56 am

Closer it gets the more excited I get...

Although that's probably because I've got tickets!
Either see Quigg winning in the first half, Frampton late or points.

Not putting a penny of my money near this though...

As an aside...
My seats are upper tier, in the corner, front couple of rows...
They going to be alright?

Was lower tier the only other time I went there.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Tue 23 Feb 2016, 12:14 pm

My wife's going to a lesbian hen door Saturday night (hopefully not when in Rome) so I've got a few mates coming round to watch the fight. Haven't looked at the undercard.

Not sure enough to make a prediction anymore but hope Frampton wins. Have said Frampton all along but their last performances could be telling the tale. Frampton looked small and Quigg looked huge. We'll see.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Tue 23 Feb 2016, 12:38 pm

The bet is quite simple:

Rugby at 5pm:

Ireland to beat England

Boxing 10pm:

Frampton to beat Quigg.

An Ireland and Frampton double. A great night for the Irish.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 23 Feb 2016, 12:39 pm

Not sure about the rugby, but Mr Frampton will take this fight. I think he is too good. The fact he struggled in his last fight, gives us higher odds to win. That is fantastic.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Tue 23 Feb 2016, 12:41 pm

Fair enough Adam T.

I also question whether the people listed in the OP are "experts"....

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 23 Feb 2016, 12:42 pm

I was reading another article. Think it was Sheffield boxers.

20 people voted.

17 for Frampton
3 for Quigg.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 23 Feb 2016, 12:44 pm

Why include Roach? Wasn't Quigg a regular at the wild card?

You might as well stick David Haye in Framptons list.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Tue 23 Feb 2016, 12:55 pm

I know Glenn McCrory is backin Framps too.

Think Frampton will win, and contrary belief, it could be an easy, early nights work too.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 23 Feb 2016, 1:13 pm

Head says Frampton wins. Heart wants to see Quigg knock him out of the ring and in to Barry Macguigan's lap.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Tue 23 Feb 2016, 1:21 pm

Head says Frampton, and my heart says Frampton.

Think I'll go for Frampton.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 23 Feb 2016, 1:21 pm

Divided with who I want to win in rugby and the boxing

England beating Ireland would suit Wales' 6 Nations chances

As for the boxing...I'd normally cheer on the Paddy against the Englishman...not that keen on Macguigan and Frampton's behavior in the build up to this mind

Plus I like an underdog. Might just stay neutral for the boxing and hope it's a good fight

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Tue 23 Feb 2016, 1:22 pm

Steffan wrote:Divided with who I want to win in rugby and the boxing

England beating Ireland would suit Wales' 6 Nations chances

As for the boxing...I'd normally cheer on the Paddy against the Englishman...not that keen on Macguigan and Frampton's behavior in the build up to this mind

Plus I like an underdog. Might just stay neutral for the boxing and hope it's a good fight

The what against the Englishmen?

To be fair we wouldn't want your bigoted support, if those are the terms you use to refer to Irish people.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 23 Feb 2016, 1:26 pm

shenglong2015 wrote:if those are the terms you use to refer to Irish people.
So I take it you don't bet with the Irish bookmakers 'Paddy Power' then Wink

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 23 Feb 2016, 1:48 pm

Sheng I think is a make believe Irishman. Nobody else gets their knickers in a twist about being called a Paddy.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 23 Feb 2016, 1:54 pm

shenglong2015 wrote:The bet is quite simple:

Rugby at 5pm:

Ireland to beat England

Boxing 10pm:

Frampton to beat Quigg.

An Ireland and Frampton double. A great night for the Irish.

Odds on the double?

Think both are decent bets, especially if England are (wrongly) favourites.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 23 Feb 2016, 1:55 pm

shenglong2015 wrote:Fair enough Adam T.

Were you not the one who laboured the importance last week of having had to 'lace up a pair' in order to accurately comment on boxing matters?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Tue 23 Feb 2016, 1:57 pm

Paddy is an actual name therefore "Paddy Power" is hardly derogatory, I actually have a friend called Patrick Power! It is Irish owned and run, so even if they did use that as a name there if credence to allow for that.

In reference to Scotts scoff, I dare you to go to a bar in West Belfast and go up to the local brickies having a pint and say "Hows your day been paddys?"

And see if you get out of there with all your teeth still in your face.

It is a racial slur, and should not be allowed on 606.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 23 Feb 2016, 1:57 pm

England aren't wrongly favourites, Ireland are decimated by injury and it's at Twickenham. They lost to an out of sorts French team who were a whisker away from losing to Italy.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Tue 23 Feb 2016, 1:59 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Were you not the one who laboured the importance last week of having had to 'lace up a pair' in order to accurately comment on boxing matters?

Nope?

I think your mistaking that scenario whereby a poster had discovered the key to beating Fury, but Klitchko and his training camp hadn't, so instead of using this magical knowledge he posted it on 606.

Lets hope Fury and his team managed to take it down, in case Wlad gets to it first!

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Tue 23 Feb 2016, 2:00 pm

Scottrf wrote:England aren't wrongly favourites, Ireland are decimated by injury and it's at Twickenham. They lost to an out of sorts French team who were a whisker away from losing to Italy.

Thanks for your usual boxing knowledge.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 23 Feb 2016, 2:04 pm

shenglong2015 wrote:Thanks for your usual boxing knowledge.
You've spent years whinging about people using the wrong nationality for boxers. Not sure you can criticise the content of anyone's post, Paddy.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 23 Feb 2016, 2:25 pm

How many potatoes does it take to kill an Irishman?

None.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 23 Feb 2016, 2:25 pm

shenglong2015 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Nope?

I think your mistaking that scenario whereby a poster had discovered the key to beating Fury, but Klitchko and his training camp hadn't, so instead of using this magical knowledge he posted it on 606.

Lets hope Fury and his team managed to take it down, in case Wlad gets to it first!

shenglong2015 wrote:    TopHat24/7 wrote:

shenglong2015 wrote:

LivinginItaly wrote:
           I would suggest it was more a case of vlad having nothing to lose in the 12th round as Jew knew he was behind and so had to go for it. In a rematch i think vlad would start just as cautiously, as he is scared of getting hit. If he had gone for it earlier he might have take fury out. But he didn't. To quote mike tyson everybody has a plan until they get hit in the face.

So you think if he had gone for the fight earlier he may have taken Fury out.

However Wlad will not do this in the rematch because??

Because you are the boxing oracle and a man that has been HW champion for 11 years will not have worked this out however "Livinginitaly" on Boxing 606v2 has worked this out...you truly are the boxing God.

Make sure you don't give too much of your knowledge away so cheaply.....

Childish response.

He's spouting no more rubbish than you do 99/100.

On the contrary there are too many armchair experts on this forum, people saying how Wlad could have won, and how he wont change his tactics in the rematch, but haven't laced a glove in their entire lives. So I feel its very valid.

On the back end of your insult about me and my "rubbish" I literally don't care what you think of my views and how this has any relevance other than to envoke further retaliation through more insults, which I can not be bothered with.

I'm here to talk boxing chaps. Not my fault you have all lost your way.

In addition I am not surprised at all that you have been banned recently.

https://www.606v2.com/t62200-fury-v-klit-compubox-highlights-the-mediocrity#3280851

Can't quote your post properly as the topic was locked.  Have highlighted the passages in bold where you make it quite clear that practical boxing experience is a pre-requisite to a valid boxing opinion.

Which is, of course, rubbish.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Tue 23 Feb 2016, 2:40 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
shenglong2015 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Nope?

shenglong2015 wrote:

LivinginItaly wrote:
           I would suggest it was more a case of vlad having nothing to lose in the 12th round as Jew knew he was behind and so had to go for it. In a rematch i think vlad would start just as cautiously, as he is scared of getting hit. If he had gone for it earlier he might have take fury out. But he didn't. To quote mike tyson everybody has a plan until they get hit in the face.

Because you are the boxing oracle and a man that has been HW champion for 11 years will not have worked this out however "Livinginitaly" on Boxing 606v2 has worked this out...you truly are the boxing God.

Childish response.

On the contrary there are too many armchair experts on this forum, people saying how Wlad could have won, and how he wont change his tactics in the rematch, but haven't laced a glove in their entire lives. So I feel its very valid.

On the back end of your insult about me and my "rubbish" I literally don't care what you think of my views and how this has any relevance other than to envoke further retaliation through more insults, which I can not be bothered with.

https://www.606v2.com/t62200-fury-v-klit-compubox-highlights-the-mediocrity#3280851

Can't quote your post properly as the topic was locked.  Have highlighted the passages in bold where you make it quite clear that practical boxing experience is a pre-requisite to a valid boxing opinion.

"I've highlighted the bits that make it sound like I was right"

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Child barrister.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Tue 23 Feb 2016, 2:44 pm

Actually went to the extent of hunting that down from previous posts! ha!

And it impresses no one, I love the 606v2. Very Happy

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Tue 23 Feb 2016, 2:47 pm

Shenglong needs banning from these forums....so so so boring. The man (boy) ruins the place. As a lurker / occasional poster I can honestly say he puts you off bothering with his constant derailing.

He needs getting rid of.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 23 Feb 2016, 2:58 pm

shenglong2015 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
shenglong2015 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Nope?

shenglong2015 wrote:

LivinginItaly wrote:

Childish response.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Child barrister.

Erm, noooooo, I've posted your exact words. Not twisted anything, not add-libbed or posted an abridged version. Someone gave their opinion on a boxing matter. You arrogantly dismissed it on the basis that such posters "haven't laced a glove in their entire lives" (again, pure quote) and therefore cannot validly opine on the subject.

Like Truss your hypocrisy has been simply and quickly exposed - took me less than 60 seconds to capture that quote. If you want to make it harder for folk to expose you, maybe change your opinions LESS frequently than your underpants.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Tue 23 Feb 2016, 2:59 pm

EX7EY wrote:Shenglong needs banning from these forums....so so so boring. The man (boy) ruins the place.  As a lurker / occasional poster I can honestly say he puts you off bothering with his constant derailing.

He needs getting rid of.

I have done nothing wrong, perhaps if you posted more often your voice would have more sway.

You are clearly the bore, who adds nothing to the forum as admitted in your post.

Go back to lurking, it suited you better.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Tue 23 Feb 2016, 3:02 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
shenglong2015 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
shenglong2015 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Nope?

shenglong2015 wrote:

LivinginItaly wrote:

Childish response.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Child barrister.

Erm, noooooo, I've posted your exact words.  Not twisted anything, not add-libbed or posted an abridged version.  Someone gave their opinion on a boxing matter.  You arrogantly dismissed it on the basis that such posters "haven't laced a glove in their entire lives" (again, pure quote) and therefore cannot validly opine on the subject.

Like Truss your hypocrisy has been simply and quickly exposed - took me less than 60 seconds to capture that quote.  If you want to make it harder for folk to expose you, maybe change your opinions LESS frequently than your underpants.

And also like Truss, we are the only ones that put up any threads for debate, that are mainstays of 606v2, and enjoy giving our thoughts on all matters boxing.

You should try it sometime instead of this tedious tittle tattle.

I am now going to ignore the attempts to get me embroiled in arguments so you can all try to get me banned and return to boxing.

Feel that Frampton will have way too much for Quigg, and will finish him early and with relative ease.

One is World Class the other is not.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by lambertm100 Tue 23 Feb 2016, 3:41 pm

Me and a couple of mates managed to get tickets to this and can't wait.

I've got £50 on Quigg to win outright at 6/4 and £3 on him to win by knockout in each of rounds 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12.

Frampton struggles at the weight and I feel Quigg's power will get to him at some point. Frampton switches from back foot to front foot well, but, Quigg has a longer reach and better jab IMO.

Frampton to get KTFO! (or beaten on points)

lambertm100

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Tue 23 Feb 2016, 4:04 pm

lambertm100 wrote:Me and a couple of mates managed to get tickets to this and can't wait.

I've got £50 on Quigg to win outright at 6/4 and £3 on him to win by knockout in each of rounds 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12.

Frampton struggles at the weight and I feel Quigg's power will get to him at some point.  Frampton switches from back foot to front foot well, but, Quigg has a longer reach and better jab IMO.

Sounds like your buzzing already mate! lol

The atmosphere will be immense and I wish your Quigg the best of luck, but think you may end up disappointed.

C'mon the Jackal!!!

Behind the Ropes on at 6pm and repeated at 10pm tonight lad!!! Get on it, gets the juices flowing, lol....

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Tue 23 Feb 2016, 7:44 pm

I'm convinced Quigg is going to knock Carl out. He's going to need the luck of the Irish to win. I'm off drinking in Manchester on Saturday (wrong side of the pennines) and expect to see many a paddy drowning their sorrows with a pint of the black stuff. Come on Scotty boy!

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 23 Feb 2016, 7:46 pm

I wish I had 50 plus pound to throw down the toilet.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Feb 2016, 7:58 pm

shenglong2015 wrote:
lambertm100 wrote:Me and a couple of mates managed to get tickets to this and can't wait.

Frampton struggles at the weight and I feel Quigg's power will get to him at some point.  Frampton switches from back foot to front foot well, but, Quigg has a longer reach and better jab IMO.

Sounds like your buzzing already mate! lol

The atmosphere will be immense and I wish your Quigg the best of luck, but think you may end up disappointed.

C'mon the Jackal!!!

Behind the Ropes on at 6pm and repeated at 10pm tonight lad!!! Get on it, gets the juices flowing, lol....

are you okay,you're lolling all over the place?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 23 Feb 2016, 8:09 pm

Can I suggest a couple of things

1) We stop using the term paddy. As this thread shows it clearly bothers some people.

2) and this is not really a request it is an instruction. If something bothers you on a thread, do not respond on the thread. If you do it almost always results in countless insults being thrown back and forth. The correct procedure is to report it. This is not only to avoid the scenario above but for the following reason: The moderation team, myself included cannot staff this place 24/7, some of us have work commitments, hobbies outside of this place and hard though it may be to believe family we would actually like to spend time with. As such just relying on us to pick up on offensive comments as soon as they are posted is not always feasible, and if you respond in kind the thread has often degenerated into the drivel we see above.

However if you report the offending posts every member of the moderation team across every sport on here is alerted to the report and as such the chances of it being dealt with in a prompt manner are greatly increased, which gives everyone a quieter time.

As a personal note I don't get on here very much any more, particularly not through the day as it is not feasible at work. I am getting increasingly bored having to spend the little time I can spend on here dealing with the same people having the same arguments over and over again. These people seem to have an aversion to using the report or the foe function. Rest assured I have no such aversion to using the banning function.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Feb 2016, 8:28 pm

Like being back in junior high the amount of red pen being written on my threads lately....

Those were the days..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by lambertm100 Tue 23 Feb 2016, 9:39 pm

Yea can't wait, there's a real boxing buzz around Manchester this week, even my missus is asking about it. Hope Quigg wins and has more big nights in Manchester. Good to see Scott Fitzgerald making his debut, talented amatuer who's style looks suited to the pros.

lambertm100

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Feb 2016, 10:45 pm

Yes it should be a novel experience for him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 23 Feb 2016, 11:57 pm

Sheng = Azania = Waingro = probably D4

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Wed 24 Feb 2016, 12:00 am

I don't think it is always necessary to have experience in something to form an opinion. For example, I have no professional cooking experience but am able to give an opinion on a meal after I've eaten it.
However, if you have first hand experience of something, in this case boxing, then the opinion given will be insightful.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 24 Feb 2016, 8:32 am

Shenglong = Einhorn

Just got this booked up, missus sat next to me on the train in and reluctant to tell her after the usual miring spat.

C'mon Quiggy boy, wipe that smugness off Barry's face and ram it up his arse.

And I'm not sure why we can't use the term paddy? It is after all a famous betting company. Would've thought unless it's being used in a derogatory sense it's fine? But alas I will not argue and not use for fear of rowleys iron fist going to work on my arse again.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Wed 24 Feb 2016, 9:05 am

What fighter would you prefer to win, their team aside?

For every Barry Mc there's a Joe Gallagher.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 24 Feb 2016, 11:19 am

Quigg, Pedro. Supported him in the past whereas been neutral/couldn't care if Frampton won or lost.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next