The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Six Nations 2016 Wales vs Scotland

+77
PotNoodleMiner
Breadvan
samuraidragon
BigTrevsbigmac
Marshes
Cardiff Dave
aucklandlaurie
No 7&1/2
eirebilly
HammerofThunor
Heaf
tigertattie
nathan
Rory_Gallagher
toml
Pot Hale
ALPanorak
Duty281
wales606
Cyril
offload
TightHEAD
A Simply Mesmeric Try
gog1992
carpet baboon
BigGee
alive555
No9
Fanster
IanBru
highland_scot
EWT Spoons
NeilyBroon
TheMildlyFranticLlama
MacKnocked-on
nickj
Dontheman2
glamorganalun
bsando
Hazel Sapling
PhilBB
munkian
fa0019
bedfordwelsh
Scottrf
GLove39
LordDowlais
Prothero
RDW
Cowshot
RiscaGame
RubyGuby
gavstar
Seagultaf
SecretFly
exile jack
True Raven
hugehandoff
DirtyRucker7
Knowsit17
R!skysports
chris_501
EST
cakeordeath
majesticimperialman
Tattie Scones RRN
Shifty
TJ
Blueschief
Luckless Pedestrian
mikey_dragon
funnyExiledScot
RuggerRadge2611
sensisball
Geordie
maestegmafia
81 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Six Nations 2016 Wales vs Scotland - Page 11 Empty Six Nations 2016 Wales vs Scotland

Post by maestegmafia Mon 08 Feb 2016, 9:28 am

First topic message reminder :

Wales v Scotland

4:50pm - Saturday the 13th of February 2016

Principality Stadium, Cardiff

Teams

Wales
15 Liam Williams
14 George North
13 Jonathan Davies
12 Jamie Roberts
11 Tom James
10 Dan Biggar
9 Gareth Davies
1 Rob Evans
2 Scott Baldwin
3 Samson Lee
4 Luke Charteris
5 Alun Wyn Jones
6 Sam Warburton (c)
7 Justin Tipuric
8 Taulupe Faletau

Reps: Ken Owens, Gethin Jenkins, Tomas Francis, Bradley Davies, Dan Lydiate, Lloyd Williams, Rhys Priestland, Gareth Anscombe

Scotland

15. Stuart Hogg
14. Sean Maitland
13. Mark Bennett
12. Dunc Taylor
11. Tommy Seymour
10. Finn Russell
09. Greig Laidlaw (c)

01. Alasdair Dickinson
02. Ross Ford
03. Willem Nel
04. Richie Gray
05. Jonny Gray
06. John Barclay
07. John Hardie
08. David Denton

Reps: McInally, Reid, Fagerson, Swinson, Cowan, Hidalgo-Clyne, Weir, Lamont

Referee is unfortunately George Clancy (IRFU) which ruins the game generally.

Touch judges: John Lacey (IRFU) & Federico Anselmi (UAR)

TMO: Graham Hughes (RFU)

Last edited by maestegmafia on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 8:54 am; edited 4 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Six Nations 2016 Wales vs Scotland - Page 11 Empty Re: Six Nations 2016 Wales vs Scotland

Post by RDW Sat 13 Feb 2016, 6:33 pm

That scoreline is a bit fairer I think!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Six Nations 2016 Wales vs Scotland - Page 11 Empty Re: Six Nations 2016 Wales vs Scotland

Post by Shifty Sat 13 Feb 2016, 6:34 pm

Stupid play by Wales, no need to give that away. mad
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 13 Feb 2016, 6:34 pm

And, fittingly, a mistake finishes the match.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 13 Feb 2016, 6:35 pm

Not sure there's anything in the laws that say you can move forward if offside at all - whether you interfere or not ...  they say you can't interfere if offside but not that you can move forward as long as you don't interfere.  I would say he got himself into a position to take the ball when offside so should have been pinged?

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 13 Feb 2016, 6:35 pm

Heaf wrote:
HammerofThunor wrote:
Heaf wrote:Can I just check a point of law - if a player moves towards the ball from an offside position after a kick before being run onside by other players isn't that a penalty offence?

In theory yes.
So why didn't they ping the 9 for the first Welsh try - he was miles in front of the kicker and moved forwards a long way before being finally run onside just before Roberts knocked the ball back to him.  They even went to the TMO to look for a knock on (there wasn't one) but didn't seem bothered about him running forwards to a position to take the knock back from Roberts long before he was put on side ...

Knocked the ball forward to him as well. Just a brain fade from the tmo.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 13 Feb 2016, 6:36 pm

Fair score line Wales were terrible over all, we only had to put a few minutes of good rugby together to score enough points to win the game.

Now we can have the usual conversation about progress, effort, gallant losers etc, etc...
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 13 Feb 2016, 6:36 pm

Anscome great dummy to miss the tackle, well done Scotland just could not last 80mins the form of the first half.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 13 Feb 2016, 6:39 pm

What a brilliant scene, to see Roberts going over to Cowen and check if he was ok. Quality man that Roberts.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 13 Feb 2016, 6:39 pm

Scotland. Rabbits caught in the headlights. Knock on after knock on and a horrendous line out

We're our own worst enemy
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 13 Feb 2016, 6:40 pm

tigertattie wrote:
wales606 wrote:
Heaf wrote:
HammerofThunor wrote:
Heaf wrote:Can I just check a point of law - if a player moves towards the ball from an offside position after a kick before being run onside by other players isn't that a penalty offence?

In theory yes.
So why didn't they ping the 9 for the first Welsh try - he was miles in front of the kicker and moved forwards a long way before being finally run onside just before Roberts knocked the ball back to him.  They even went to the TMO to look for a knock on (there wasn't one) but didn't seem bothered about him running forwards to a position to take the knock back from Roberts long before he was put on side ...

Didn't interfere with play until he was put onside

He wasn't put inside. Even Martyn Willisms said it should not have been given

Yeah he's often the voice of reason mind....

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 13 Feb 2016, 6:41 pm

Well played Wales a good win. Thought Scotland would win actually they played very well today.

But France next in 2 weeks, Wales are starting to play well but so are France , who have won 2 out of 2.

Again well played Wales.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sat 13 Feb 2016, 6:41 pm

Scotland definitely controlled the game better than wales. But they failed to add the points. Too many basic errors. Fair result.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Sat 13 Feb 2016, 6:53 pm

Ach well. Well done Wales. Scotland need to sort out the basics

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 13 Feb 2016, 6:55 pm

Wales really need to look at their tactics, I think we all wanted to see Warburton and Tipuric start, but it's not working. We should go back to normal, Warburton and Lydiate with Tipuric coming on for the last 30 minutes when everyones tired and the game breaks up, that's where he makes his contribution.

We need to look at Liam Williams as well, too many mistakes. Though I'm not sure who I would like to come in bearing in mind Halfpenny is injured. Anscombe can't tackle, and Morgan is too small for me. I don't think Dan Evans will do any worse than Liam Williams though.

I'm not sure what to do with Gethin Jenkins either, he's a poor scrumager and he's losing his mobility. He's worth a place in the squad, for his experience, but not in the match day squad.

Sampson Lee also needs a bit of a talking too, he's giving away points for silly penalties far too often for me.

Gareth Davies might be another one as well, If Webb on his come back I might put him straight in against France.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 13 Feb 2016, 6:56 pm

Oh also...  
Half past 9 this morning the pubs in Neath were packed with Scots lads, all smashed, kilts on, and Scotland rugby tops on show.
Fair play lads, they probably have no idea what's happened in the game itself, but to be getting drunk that time in the morning, you can't fault them.  Hug

I was parked outside subway, and actually saw one lad outside the pub in front of us, fag in his mouth, trying to hold down from spewing up, while trying to get the pint glass to his mouth and keep drinking. God damn impressive to be fair.

Last edited by Shifty on Sat 13 Feb 2016, 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 13 Feb 2016, 6:59 pm

Think it's fair to say it is clear where the game turned - the Tom James break from a turnover in the Welsh 22 that ultimately led to the try was a huge swing. Scotland controlled the game well up until then.

Well done Wales and thanks for making this an enjoyable thread - I'm signing off for the evening gutted OK

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 13 Feb 2016, 7:00 pm

tigertattie wrote:Scotland. Rabbits caught in the headlights. Knock on after knock on and a horrendous line out

We're our own worst enemy

I only woke up to see the last twenty minutes of the game, and cost of those knock ons in that period were immense, Wales were holding there defensive line straighter, and able to pressure both Scottish distributor and receiver and the knock ons came.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 13 Feb 2016, 7:07 pm

Shifty wrote:Fair score line Wales were terrible over all, we only had to put a few minutes of good rugby together to score enough points to win the game.

Now we can have the usual conversation about progress, effort, gallant losers etc, etc...

Seriously, who is reporting these posts? Just debate him if you think he is wrong, for goodness sake.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 13 Feb 2016, 7:12 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
Shifty wrote:Fair score line Wales were terrible over all, we only had to put a few minutes of good rugby together to score enough points to win the game.

Seriously, who is reporting these posts? Just debate him if you think he is wrong, for goodness sake.

Thanks Rory.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 13 Feb 2016, 7:14 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
tigertattie wrote:
wales606 wrote:
Heaf wrote:
HammerofThunor wrote:

In theory yes.

Didn't interfere with play until he was put onside

He wasn't put inside. Even Martyn Willisms said it should not have been given

Yeah he's often the voice of reason mind....
Ah just seen the half time discussion - I raised the question when I saw it as I'm watching the recording so interesting to see they agreed with what I thought at the time ... so the TMO missed it

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 13 Feb 2016, 7:16 pm

The Scottish prop tired and made loads of mistakes in the last 10 mins or more. I hope James gets dropped, Cuthbert should be on the bench or M Morgan and not Anscombe, Morgam offers more than Anscombe does not tackle as clearly demonstrated today.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 13 Feb 2016, 7:27 pm

glamorganalun wrote:The Scottish prop tired and made loads of mistakes in the last 10 mins or more.  I hope James gets dropped, Cuthbert should be on the bench or M Morgan and not Anscombe, Morgam offers more than Anscombe does not tackle as clearly demonstrated today.

I don't understand what James has done wrong, ok he's not fashionable, but he's not letting anyone down, that break he made was fantastic and if the cover tackle didn't come I wonder if you'd still be posting this.

His tackle to save the try last week against Ireland shows he's a decent player. Cuthbert doesn't deserve to be in the squad, never mind match day squad, he's been too poor for too long and James in my opinion has made no where near the same amount of errors that Cuthbert has done in the last few seasons. I think there are other things that need looking at before we consider dropping James.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Sat 13 Feb 2016, 7:32 pm

Shifty wrote:
glamorganalun wrote:The Scottish prop tired and made loads of mistakes in the last 10 mins or more.  I hope James gets dropped, Cuthbert should be on the bench or M Morgan and not Anscombe, Morgam offers more than Anscombe does not tackle as clearly demonstrated today.

I don't understand what James has done wrong, ok he's not fashionable, but he's not letting anyone down,  that break he made was fantastic and if the cover tackle didn't come I wonder if you'd still be posting this.

His tackle to save the try last week against Ireland shows he's a decent player.  Cuthbert doesn't deserve to be in the squad, never mind match day squad, he's been too poor for too long and James in my opinion has made no where near the same amount of errors that Cuthbert has done in the last few seasons.  I think there are other things that need looking at before we consider dropping James.

James lacks top end pace for an international winger and should never have been caught by a centre but I agree with you that's he's done nothing wrong and should keep his place. I think people are forgetting just how bad cuthbert was

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Sat 13 Feb 2016, 7:36 pm

Shifty wrote:

I don't understand what James has done wrong, ok he's not fashionable, but he's not letting anyone down,  that break he made was fantastic and if the cover tackle didn't come I wonder if you'd still be posting this.

His tackle to save the try last week against Ireland shows he's a decent player.  Cuthbert doesn't deserve to be in the squad, never mind match day squad, he's been too poor for too long and James in my opinion has made no where near the same amount of errors that Cuthbert has done in the last few seasons.  I think there are other things that need looking at before we consider dropping James.

Agree about Cuthbert, but concerned because I don't know that James is the answer. He was out of position for the first try and IMO, any international wing should be fast enough top score in a straight run in. Not convinced by him.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 13 Feb 2016, 7:43 pm

offload wrote:
Shifty wrote:

Agree about Cuthbert, but concerned because I don't know that James is the answer.  He was out of position for the first try and IMO, any international wing should be fast enough top score in a straight run in.  Not convinced by him.

Oh I totally agree, he's NOT international class, that's clear to see. But I'm not sure who could come in to replace him. I really can't think of ANY stand out wingers in Wales, if Halfpenny was fit, I might make the case for either him or Liam Williams. Jordan Williams I might give a chance to he's so elusive, but probably too small. Amos maybe?
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Sat 13 Feb 2016, 8:11 pm

Shifty wrote:
offload wrote:
Shifty wrote:

Agree about Cuthbert, but concerned because I don't know that James is the answer.  He was out of position for the first try and IMO, any international wing should be fast enough top score in a straight run in.  Not convinced by him.

Oh I totally agree, he's NOT international class, that's clear to see.  But I'm not sure who could come in to replace him.  I really can't think of ANY stand out wingers in Wales, if Halfpenny was fit, I might make the case for either him or Liam Williams.  Jordan Williams I might give a chance to he's so elusive, but probably too small.  Amos maybe?

Nah...not convinced by Amos either. If 1/2p was fit I'd have a back three of him, Williams and North every time.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 13 Feb 2016, 8:23 pm

I just posted this on the wrong thread, and have to delete it.

So i will post on the right thread right now.

So Wales won today with a try that should not of bee given. I am talking about the Davies try.
How the hell did the TMO not spot this?

But the try was given and Wales won the game.

But a question too all Wales fans. Are you happy with the way Wales played today. ( FORGET THE WIN) I am asking are you happy with the way Wales played.

What with Wales being one of the most settled teams in the NH. Should they have won with more points? And should they have played a lot better?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 13 Feb 2016, 8:43 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:I just posted this on the wrong thread, and have to delete it.

So Wales won today with a try that should not of bee given. I am talking about the Davies try.

But a question too all Wales fans. Are you happy with the way Wales played today. ( FORGET THE WIN) I am asking are you happy with the way Wales played.

What with Wales being one of the most settled teams in the NH. Should they have won with more points? And should they have played a lot better?

I'm happy that Wales would of won regardless of the try.  Truth be told we were pushing hard for the try early on and took our foot off the gas when we scored it, probably expecting Scotland to throw in the towel.  there's no guarantee that the game would of panned out in that way with Scotland dominating for so long if we hadn't of scored it.  To me it was a case of us easing off and Scotland fighting back hard.  

I'm not happy with the tactics myself.  Why try and play wide when we have big players who can bash through?  
Ok fair enough it never works against the big 3 in the Southern Hemisphere but at a basic level it's often enough to win 4 games in each 6 nations year which is good enough for Welsh fans.  To me it's a bit like England trying to play expansive rugby in the 90's... Why do it when you know what your good at, playing 10 man rugby, and it's enough to win the championship?
It isn't broken, and Gatland is under no pressure in his job, so stick to what were good at.  If Wales can dominate teams in the 6 nations we can cut them to pieces, we have proven it by beating England 30-3, stuffing Scotland by 50 odd points and hammering Italy last year.

Tipuric is not being used correctly, he's world class because he comes on in the last 30 minutes when everyone is tired and the game gets looser and breaks up, he's not standing out at the moment, and you only notice him because of his blue scrum cap.  I thought it was a good idea to give the Warburton / Tipuric combo a run, but I'm now convinced that Warburton, Lydiate and Faletau is the best combination, with Tipuric replacing one of the flankers late on.  

I also think it's odd that were taking Tipuric off and bringing on Lydiate, yet brought Prestland on instead of Biggar, so we bring on the fly half who gets the line moving, yet then switch to a more defensive back row? surely you'd want Priestland and Tipuric together?

I'm not sure about Gareth Davies, we need try scorers and he's scoring more than anyone else and yet something just seems to be missing from his game.  It's like he's a few % below the World Class scrum halves like Gareth Edwards, Robert Howley, Mike Phillips, Dwayne Peel, Robert Jones, Terry Holmes, etc that Wales normally produce.  Yet at the same time he's scoring for us.

Liam Davies is not yet match fit, it's clear to see, so it's unfair to be too tough on him, but he is making mistakes but at the same time has been rushed back into the team because of lack of cover.

Sampson Lee is starting to give away too many silly penalties, I mean in general play not at the scrums.  That 3 points a game he seems to give away for no reason will hurt us one day.  

Some will knock Tom James, I won't he's done better than I thought he would, and we have no one to replace him either way.

Last edited by Shifty on Sat 13 Feb 2016, 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 13 Feb 2016, 8:49 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:I just posted this on the wrong thread, and have to delete it.

Nope, as always.
And Scotland had 73mins to rectify matters, but there we are.
Too much kicking from both sides imo.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 13 Feb 2016, 8:54 pm

offload wrote:
Shifty wrote:
offload wrote:
Shifty wrote:

Oh I totally agree, he's NOT international class, that's clear to see.  But I'm not sure who could come in to replace him.  I really can't think of ANY stand out wingers in Wales, if Halfpenny was fit, I might make the case for either him or Liam Williams.  Jordan Williams I might give a chance to he's so elusive, but probably too small.  Amos maybe?

Nah...not convinced by Amos either.  If 1/2p was fit I'd have a back three of him, Williams and North every time.

Wales will still play the same way though, whatever the make up of the back 3.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 13 Feb 2016, 9:02 pm

I'm 97.4% certain that on at least 2 occasions today, a Welsh player supported a runner, thinking he had a chance of an off load. I could be mistaken of course.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 13 Feb 2016, 9:05 pm

I thought Wales were poor, they have not changed booting the ball for length, no cutting edge and having to go back to the smashing game. I still believe our forwards and backs coaches need to be replaced, same faults and lack of new ideas/set plays. I believe we have the players to improve in the squad but we seem to be going backwards. Team selection is also an issue for me, if you play for Cardiff you have a good chance of getting into the squad until they are found out.

I suspect both Ireland and Wales only has 6 days to recover from a hard match which may explain their perfromances.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 13 Feb 2016, 9:09 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:Wales will still play the same way though, whatever the make up of the back 3.

Provided you don't get whitewashed, and make a half decent effort in the World Cup you won't get sacked as Wales coach.  

Wales are successful in the 6 Nations with their normal style, why change it to try and play more expansive during the cold February months?   The fingers and ears will be bloody freezing, with a wet ball and dew on the grass, and we are going to chuck it about?

The only reason I can think of is maybe wear and tear is starting to show on the boys, who despite not being old, have a lot of mileage and maybe this attritional style that Wales have been playing possibly means these players won't have the long careers.  There does seem to be a lot of injuries in the last year, especially long term ones.  Maybe some of the lads are starting to feel the intensity of our style of play.

then again maybe Rugby is again moving full circle and now teams are going to use pace, skill and quick ball and Gatland feels Wales defence can't align in time to defend, so he needs to get Wales attacking and scoring more points. Frankly though after seeing Scotland France, England and Italy, I can't see them getting enough quick ball often enough to trouble us, their slow ponderous teams. Only Ireland would seem to have the back row, and half backs to do the damage in that way.

If Gatland wants to mess around, then do it on the Summer tour in warmer weather and firmer pitches against the Tri Nations teams.  We expect to lose those games so that's the time to experiment.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 13 Feb 2016, 9:16 pm

Shifty wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:Wales will still play the same way though, whatever the make up of the back 3.

Provided you don't get whitewashed, and make a half decent effort in the World Cup you won't get sacked as Wales coach.  

Wales are successful in the 6 Nations with their normal style, why change it to try and play more expansive during the cold February months?   The fingers and ears will be bloody freezing, with a wet ball and dew on the grass, and we are going to chuck it about?

The only reason I can think of is maybe wear and tear is starting to show on the boys, who despite not being old, have a lot of mileage and maybe this attritional style that Wales have been playing possibly means these players won't have the long careers.  There does seem to be a lot of injuries in the last year, especially long term ones.  Maybe some of the lads are starting to feel the intensity of our style of play.

If Gatland wants to mess around, then do it on the Summer tour in warmer weather and firmer pitches against the Tri Nations teams.  We expect to lose those games so that's the time to experiment.  

Aw come on mun.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 13 Feb 2016, 9:33 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:Aw come on mun.

You don't think their pitches are generally better suited to faster more attacking rugby?
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshes Sat 13 Feb 2016, 9:39 pm

Honest question, are the Welsh fans at all nervous that both Ireland and Scotland have been able to frequently break through the lines in the last two games? Granted they haven't scored much from them, but for the last few years I have associated Wales with having the meanest defence in the NH and not giving those up easy.

Marshes

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 13 Feb 2016, 9:42 pm

glamorganalun wrote:

I thought Wales were poor, they have not changed booting the ball for length, no cutting edge and having to go back to the smashing game. I still believe our forwards and backs coaches need to be replaced, same faults and lack of new ideas/set plays. I believe we have the players to improve in the squad but we seem to be going backwards. Team selection is also an issue for me, if you play for Cardiff you have a good chance of getting into the squad until they are found out.

I suspect both Ireland and Wales only has 6 days to recover from a hard match which may explain their perfromances.

i too think Wales was poor. I also think that using the 6 day turn around for their performance ( poor performance.) an excuse.  I also agree with you that Wales attack game as not changed since  i don't know 2012 maybe?
Pass the ball to jamie roberts to bosh the ball up the centre of the field. I think the best play was North's try.

Still as they say a win is a win. So well played Wales for getting the win. But i still think they are way off how they can play.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 13 Feb 2016, 9:56 pm

Shifty wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:Aw come on mun.

You don't think their pitches are generally better suited to faster more attacking rugby?

When do Wales tour New Zealand this year?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 13 Feb 2016, 10:01 pm

Massive improvement in the scots since last week. Great atmosphere as it always is when the scots come to Cardiff

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 13 Feb 2016, 10:07 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Massive improvement in the scots since last week.
They did seem to find more gaps and score tries this week. Lesser opposition today or a better performance all round? Lots of holes in the Welsh defence. I think the Scots will be disappointed with that defeat as they were ahead for long periods and got in with some tries.

Last edited by Cyril on Sat 13 Feb 2016, 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 13 Feb 2016, 10:09 pm

Was it not raining most of the day in Wales, and the roof left open untill the last 15/20 minutes before kick off.

Maybe that is why Wales played so poor, the ground was too wet for running rugby.

Still Wales could win the championship, but with France winning 2 from 2 Wales have no chance of the Grand Slam or Tripple crown.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 13 Feb 2016, 10:13 pm

wales606 wrote:Gareth Davies may have finished his try well, but he has just cost us one there.

Was poor last week and needs to improve today or I would start Lloyd next game

Why? Should we forget how Lloyd cost us a win last week?

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 13 Feb 2016, 10:28 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:Was it not raining most of the day in Wales, and the roof left open untill the last 15/20 minutes before kick off.

Maybe that is why Wales played so poor, the ground was too wet for running rugby.

Still Wales could win the championship, but with France winning 2 from 2 Wales have no chance of the Grand Slam or Tripple crown.

I blame the junior doctor's strike AND the rain before the roof was closed.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 13 Feb 2016, 10:41 pm

With regards to Scotland, they looked very poor last week against England.

Scotland looked like they could play for a year. and not score a try..And they (Scotland ) was at home last week.

Yet this week they travel to Wales and score 2 trys.

I personaly think Scotland should of won ( deserved to have won) against Wales today.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Sat 13 Feb 2016, 11:34 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:With regards to Scotland, they looked very  poor last week against England.

Scotland looked like they could play for a year. and not score a try..And they (Scotland ) was at home last week.

Yet this week  they travel to Wales and score 2 trys.

I personaly think Scotland should of won ( deserved to have won) against Wales today.

I personally (see what I did there) don't give a monkeys about Scotland who simply raised their game against better opposition this week.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat 13 Feb 2016, 11:36 pm

Supporting Scotland is a miserable business! Well done to Wales, worthy winners. I thought AWJ and Charteris were both very good in stopping the Scotland mauls, and Roberts was brutal at 12.

Pretty fair scoreline all in all. Scotland need to win the next two. If not, I'll hear no chat about progress!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 13 Feb 2016, 11:38 pm

offload wrote:
majesticimperialman wrote:With regards to Scotland, they looked very  poor last week against England.

I personally (see what I did there) don't give a monkeys about Scotland who simply raised their game against better opposition this week.  
So... you expect Wales beat England? I look forward to you eating those words butty Smile

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueschief Sun 14 Feb 2016, 12:00 am

That was a close game. Glad we won that one. Commiserations to Scotland, you fought hard. I don't think it will be long before you get wins and I wouldn't be suprised if you win your next three games.

Edit:Think you need a better fitness coach though.

Last edited by Blueschief on Sun 14 Feb 2016, 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Blueschief

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sun 14 Feb 2016, 12:09 am

Cyril wrote:
offload wrote:

So... you expect Wales beat England? I look forward to you eating those words butty Smile

Sometimes it is harder to play at home as you should know i.e., the recent  RWC

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun 14 Feb 2016, 12:14 am

glamorganalun wrote:
Cyril wrote:
offload wrote:

Sometimes it is harder to play at home as you should know i.e., the recent  RWC
Yep, or last year's 6Ns?

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next