The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What next for Hayemaker?

+18
jimdig
Lance
Adam D
hazharrison
ibark5
shenglong2015
mobilemaster8
jon200
Mr Bounce
Rowley
Nico the gman
armchairwarrior
horizontalhero
catchweight
TRUSSMAN66
Ronikara
AdamT
themadworldofjb
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What next for Hayemaker?  Empty What next for Hayemaker?

Post by themadworldofjb Sat 23 Jan 2016, 5:52 am

With the WBA title seemingly out of Haye's grasp, who do we think he'll face next?

themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

What next for Hayemaker?  Empty Re: What next for Hayemaker?

Post by AdamT Sat 23 Jan 2016, 7:41 am

Will he chase down the IBF.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 7:57 am

so what is he, ninth in the WBA & pretty much nowhere anywhere else. dont think he will take a slow route, his mouth & clout/name recognition, should speed his journey up

probably say taking on dillion whyte, who's ranked nowhere really, but it will keep the fans interested, his hype train rolling along & of course would have the chance to blow away whyte, quicker than joshua did. Then he'd need to fight a top 10 ranked, maybe a stiverne, who wilder actually struggled against. no point in him taking nobodies on now, it's got to be bold moves to keep him interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronikara Sat 23 Jan 2016, 8:38 am

Whyte is injured and time is not on Hayes side. He needs to fight a big name/well ranked fighter next. It's no secret I like watching him box but his mouth will only get him so far. What he needs are statement victories. Not one round blow outs. I don't blame him for his easy come back fight, but as even Dave's presenter said, one easy fight is all he can afford.

He needs a well respected name is he is going to push himself up the rankings. He says he's not there for the money but the glory. If that's the case, he can't milk the public good will towards him. I would love to see him against a pulev/Helenius/wach etc. Do any other names spring to mind?

Ronikara

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 23 Jan 2016, 8:51 am

He doesn't have to fight a name or a ranked fighter next...

He's a big name and guarantees dollars..

Get real..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronikara Sat 23 Jan 2016, 9:01 am

Ok truss, how's this for real. Fury won't fight him (can't blame him) and had wlad to deal with anyway. Chagaev has to deal with Browne. Ortiz has Ustinov. Joshua has Chisora. Wilder has povetkin and then fury. Martin won't touch him as a homecoming defence. Reality is name and money or not, he's a dangerous fight for anyone. And that means he will be avoided unless he makes a statement against a big name or well ranked fighter so he can't be ignored. That's reality

Ronikara

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 23 Jan 2016, 9:02 am

I think he would smash Wilder, AJ, Whyte etc.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronikara Sat 23 Jan 2016, 9:14 am

Adam I think if he seriously is in it for the glory, and is focussed, he can beat any heavyweight out there. But while I think he wins against Joshua, I definitely don't think it's an easy fight for him.

Ronikara

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 23 Jan 2016, 9:46 am

He looks ordinary against half decent heavyweights and has never had an appetite for fighting regularly.

I would expect a hand picked designed to make him look good. A washed up Antonio Tarver or Shannon Briggs. Steve Cunningham if he was feeling particularly adventurous.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by themadworldofjb Sat 23 Jan 2016, 9:48 am

Maybe he should he fight Briggs. The hype would be amazing
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Sat 23 Jan 2016, 9:14 pm

catchweight wrote:He looks ordinary against half decent heavyweights and has never had an appetite for fighting regularly.

I would expect a hand picked designed to make him look good. A washed up Antonio Tarver or  Shannon Briggs. Steve Cunningham if he was feeling particularly adventurous.

I don't really understand your assessment- he's looked good against all his HW opponents except Wlad, against whom he did look average, and whilst his opponents haven't been top draw, they probably count as half decent in the context of the current state of the division. He's even money at worst against any of the current crop. He certainly wouldn't be any of the others choice to fight unless they have to, he's a high risk opponent, and that will make getting significant fights difficult.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 23 Jan 2016, 10:07 pm

Nah hes fought two heavyweights in his lifetime that could be cassified as half decent or genuine top ten heavyweights in Valuev and Klitschko and he looked ordinary in both. He was reasonable against Chisora and then the rest were punchbags. I dont think hes even money at worst against any of the current top rated heavyweights, even money at best would be more accurate. Klitschko clearly has his number. I think he would likely start as underdog against Fury or Joshua.

He wont struggle to get significnt fights because opponents are afraid of him (when has he?) He can sell a fight well and represents a lucrative financial option. He might struggle to get a big fight until he proves he can be relied up to show up injury and excuse free. He has a track record of pulling out of fights which will make opponents and their promoters wary.

I expect he will aim to fight another low risk opponent to blast out, convince people hes the real deal and fast track him up to a big fight.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by armchairwarrior Sat 23 Jan 2016, 10:59 pm

As mentioned, problem is he fights a journeyman who gets a payday and everyone rightly critisises...however, "bigger names" will be very reluctant to fight on the David Haye show as at best it's a 50/50 (which btw it damn well should be!) and they are seeing the negative as a loss to Haye and what it means to their career rather than opportunity. Say what they like...Hayes dangerous.

Whyte said he'd love to but needs 2-3 warm ups..so 18 months!..Frank Warren was quoted on radio the other week saying if he managed Joshua he wouldn't put him anywhere near Haye as David knows his way round a ring far too well..

If the opponent is better than De Mori but not great don't necessary blame Haye especially if he is looking to fight again in April and is taking the best he can under the circumstances when most won't fight him.

armchairwarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat 23 Jan 2016, 11:33 pm

Haye's had over 3 years out, so will still be getting rid of any ring rust, so no way is he going in with any opponent who is remotely going to upset the apple cart.

Haye was garbage against Klitschko and many boxing fans still haven't forgive him for that bottling no show after all the mouthing he did, so he's got a lot of making up to do, a lot of fans who travelled to support him felt their pockets had been picked.

I still fancy a fit Haye to put Fury to bed if they ever meet, if Fury remains champion (big if) he may be forced to fight Haye as a mandatory, that might not be far off either the way these world boxing organisations conduct business.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 23 Jan 2016, 11:45 pm

armchairwarrior wrote:Frank Warren was quoted on radio the other week saying if he managed Joshua he wouldn't put him anywhere near Haye as David knows his way round a ring far too well..

In all fairness left to his own devices Warren would still have Ricky Hatton in the MEN making the 312th defence of his WBU light welterweight title.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat 23 Jan 2016, 11:53 pm

Rowley wrote:
armchairwarrior wrote:Frank Warren was quoted on radio the other week saying if he managed Joshua he wouldn't put him anywhere near Haye as David knows his way round a ring far too well..

In all fairness left to his own devices Warren would still have Ricky Hatton in the MEN making the 312th defence of his WBU light welterweight title.
Yep given the choice Warren wouldn't put any of he's fighters in with anyone who poses a big risk, Hatton eventually got out from under Warren's clutches.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 24 Jan 2016, 12:33 am

Furys style is a bad match for Haye. Long jab, able to move, switch and box on the back foot. If he boxed like he did against Klitschko, Haye would be reduced to throwing single digit punches per round and landing next to nothing.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 24 Jan 2016, 5:00 am

I could see Haye going for someone like Kubrat Pulev. He's highly rated and has only lost once (to Wlad) yet Haye could look good against him.

Would Pulev take the fight? Did Wlad ruin him?

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by jon200 Sun 24 Jan 2016, 8:59 pm

I'd like to see him go for someone like Ortiz. Someone who can bang, very highly rated. Would make a real statement if Haye could take him out.

jon200

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 25 Jan 2016, 1:02 am

Hasn't Ortiz only just come on to the scene though really? Not many have heard of him apart from his last 2 fights. Very quick good power but what is he, like 36? I think a NAME is what Haye needs....Joshua? Price? Whyte?

Not sure. Depends on his hunger and activity level. ...he needs at least 3 or 4 fights this year

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by armchairwarrior Mon 25 Jan 2016, 1:06 am

On the Sky Sports website, Glenn Mcrory, Jim Watt etc have listed their top 10 heavies at the moment. Is Haye likely to face any if them?...would any fight him if he approached them?...

Trouble is, the achilles heal with Hayes super publicity roadshow is that the whole perception is about David v Lamb to the slaughter. No one wants to be that guy unless it's a journeyman.

I think a top operator needs to go public about fighting Haye now instead of trotting out the line of Haye not deserving to fight them (not talking about title fights here) - if not, it tells me that most think they can't beat him.

armchairwarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 25 Jan 2016, 1:42 am

Haye is a guy with something to prove here. Hes a fighter who has enjoyed the maximum possible plaudits throughout his career for what really is a nothing special record. Trading off this idea that when hes fit, switched on and motivated hes a class above any other heavyweight contender. Pretending for years that either Klitschko was scared stiff to fight him (while he banked laughably easy money on ppv against the likes of Ruis and Harrison). The guy might legitmately be one of the top heavyweights out there (not saying a great deal), but his record is underwhelming and pretty indistinguishable from a large number of heavyweight contenders. He also has a track record of pulling out fights, fighting irregularly and generally looking to talk and fast track his way into fights rather than actually fighting contenders. The act, much like his physique, I get the impression is full of style but short on substance. I think you are seeing the rest of the division getting on without Haye. Wilder in talks with Povetkin, Fury rematching Klitschko is arguably the top 4 heavyweights battling it out. Joshua progressing through the British and European route hopefully. Become relevenat by proving it Haye, or else fight Shannon Briggs and pretend the top guys are afraid of you (again).

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by jon200 Mon 25 Jan 2016, 6:33 am

He could always try to goad the new IBF champ into a fight seeing as he gets a year to make a mandatory defence.

jon200

Back to top Go down

Post by themadworldofjb Mon 25 Jan 2016, 9:10 am

Theres some overhyped Drago clones that need to be knocked out. Maybe Haye could fight them
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Post by armchairwarrior Mon 25 Jan 2016, 10:34 pm

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/the-science-behind-david-haye-is-bigger-better/

Interesting and in depth article about Hayes weight gain...just thought it might be of interest..

I guess we need to start looking at the McGuigans as well now when discussing Haye as he will undoubtedly be working to a strategy based on how Shane (and probably Barry) sees him resuming his career..

armchairwarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jan 2016, 1:19 am

What's the gist of it, can't access the link at work.

while he banked laughably easy money on ppv against the likes of Ruis and Harrison
How much did Wlad make for the likes of Mormeck and the other dross he fought who we're deemed worthy of challenging for the title?

Haye's not the first HW to make a fortune fighting stiffs. Look at Tyson, blimey look at Ali fighting the likes of Richard Dunn.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 26 Jan 2016, 1:23 am

You are comparing Haye to Ali and Tyson's record?

You feeling ok Dave?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jan 2016, 1:30 am

AdamT wrote:You are comparing Haye to Ali and Tyson's record?

You feeling ok Dave?
Read my post again silly lad, I said they both got paid a fortune for fighting dross. Never compared HW records, just mentioned that they weren't averse to making a few quid for fighting garbage. Go back to Jack Johnson and Joe Louis and Marciano and see that HW history is littered with guys making relatively good money for relatively easy fights.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 26 Jan 2016, 1:31 am

He's not comparing Haye's record to Ali and Tyson's.....

Just saying that all of them fought stiffs.....

Jean Pierre Coopman...Chuck Wepner....Julius Francis...Henry Tillman..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 26 Jan 2016, 1:31 am

They both also fought good guys. Has Haye, other than Wlad??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jan 2016, 1:34 am

AdamT wrote:They both also fought good guys. Has Haye, other than Wlad??
Goalposts moved again I see, Adam?

Again we're not talking about records, just about money for old rope.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 26 Jan 2016, 1:34 am

Ok

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Tue 26 Jan 2016, 3:25 am

But Adam is right in what hes saying, okay the greats fought "old rope" but they also fought good fighters too, so it justified their "easier fights".

Haye just fights nobodies, and when he steps up he gets found out.

Back on topic, I think he fights David Price next. Thoughts?

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by ibark5 Tue 26 Jan 2016, 4:41 am

Not sure Price would take it. Imagine he will be built up slowly this year. Steve Cunningham makes sense. Highly rated by the IBF, bit of history from their Cruiserweight days

ibark5

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 26 Jan 2016, 4:48 am

What is the point of Price being built up slowly ??

Get one last good payday and your head bashed in and stop wasting every boxing fans time !!!..

Or even better... sling it now !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ibark5 Tue 26 Jan 2016, 4:50 am

Agree. He seems to be constantly rebuilding. Three more easy wins before they up him to European level and he gets knocked out

ibark5

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Tue 26 Jan 2016, 4:52 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:What is the point of Price being built up slowly ??

Get one last good payday and your head bashed in and stop wasting every boxing fans time !!!..

Or even better... sling it now !!

This is why Haye makes sense for him, it will his biggest pay day, who else will he get a bigger pay cheque from?

And by all accounts Haye could do with any sort of pay cheque too at the moment...ahem.....

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jan 2016, 11:38 pm

IF Haye's reasons for fighting a legitimate then beating up David Price isn't going to convince anyone he has what it takes to be the undisputed HW Champion (or "The Man" as some people do like to give it its correct title). Price will fold during the weigh-in let alone in the ring. The Romans stopped feeding Christians to the lions and we should follow suit. If all the proposed HW clashes go ahead then there's not much left for Haye to choose from but if they're considered genuine top 10 HW then he should fight and beat one of them to be taken seriously again. I appreciate that with Wlad's loss more and more HW's will now believe they have a chance at picking up a belt and will not want to risk their shot by facing Haye any time soon but I'd rather he fought they guy at #10who had to be paid a bit extra than the guy at #20 who was happy for whatever he could get

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 26 Jan 2016, 11:49 pm

If the idea is to keep Price hidden away from boxing fans with inactivity and by having him fight stiffs left field till Boxing fans get amnesia about his earlier career...

Perhaps dying his hair black....growing a bushy beard...and covering him in tattoos whilst changing his name to David Smith would be a better idea.....

So we can have an end to his car crash career sooner rather than later....

He's like a Wife on her seventh affair promising her husband she'd mend her ways..

(Sorry if that has brought up old history Dave !!)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 27 Jan 2016, 12:04 am

Haye's fighting because he's skint isn't he? He's looking for a fight with a gigantic purse. Logic says that's Fury, however, I believe the big fella when he has vowed never to give Haye a shot at his crown (certainly not in the near future in any case).

That leaves Joshua. Next year at Wembley on PPV.

Haye can probably kill time against the likes of Whyte, Scott or Tarver (Briggs maybe?) until then.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 12:06 am

"I believe the big fella" .........Makes you want to throw up...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 12:16 am

Fury  - Retired at least three times already...and come back..

Fury vs Chisora 1 -  "I'd fight for the British title for free Derek...It's all about legacy and titles"

Fury v Haye - "I'm not interested in titles it's all about money this business....

Fury - Apologises to Lennox Lewis for insulting him saying he didn't mean any of the things he said..

Fury - Apologises to Wlad...saying he didn't mean any of the things he said...

Apologies to homosexuals everywhere saying he didn't mean to offend "It's all fun and games".....

Plenty more where that comes from...

A real man of his word.....Tyson Fury.

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 27 Jan 2016, 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 27 Jan 2016, 12:26 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:"I believe the big fella" .........Makes you want to throw up...

I believe the big, rugged, crazy-sexy fella...

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 27 Jan 2016, 12:32 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Fury  - Retired at least three times already...and come back..

Fury vs Chisora 1 -  "I'd fight for the British title for free Derek...It's all about legacy and titles"

Fury v Haye - "I'm not interested in titles it's all about money this business....

Fury - Apologises to Lennox Lewis for insulting him saying he didn't mean any of the things he said..

Apologies to homosexuals everywhere saying he didn't mean to offend "It's all fun and games".....

Ignoring all of the above, he did put his career on hold for 12 months whilst waiting for Haye to man up.

No wonder he doesnt want to give him another shot.

Utlimately, it most probably all worked in Furys favour but now he holds the cards.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 12:38 am

Not disputing that he shouldn't give him a shot though am I ???

I'm saying you can't trust a word he says..............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jan 2016, 12:48 am

Adam D wrote:

Ignoring all of the above, he did put his career on hold for 12 months whilst waiting for Haye to man up.

Utlimately, it most probably all worked in Furys favour but now he holds the cards.
Fury decided against a fight with Pulev with the winner being granted mandatory status for Wlad in favour of taking his biggest ever payday against Haye. Haye gets a cut and the fight's off. Fury, being all about legacy, decides the best thing to do for his career is sign up again to fight the guy instead of getting his career (and ultimately his legacy) back on track.

Amazing how poor Fury "gets the runaround" yet Amir Khan is apparently like a jilted ex waiting for Floyd and Manny when their circumstances are strikingly similar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jan 2016, 12:49 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If the idea is to keep Price hidden away from boxing fans with inactivity and by having him fight stiffs left field till Boxing fans get amnesia about his earlier career...

Perhaps dying his hair black....growing a bushy beard...and covering him in tattoos whilst changing his name to David Smith would be a better idea.....

So we can have an end to his car crash career sooner rather than later....

He's like a Wife on her seventh affair promising her husband she'd mend her ways..

(Sorry if that has brought up old history Dave !!)
What can I say, I see the good in people.

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 27 Jan 2016, 12:50 am

DAVE667 wrote:
Adam D wrote:

Fury decided against a fight with Pulev with the winner being granted mandatory status for Wlad in favour of taking his biggest ever payday against Haye.  Haye gets a cut and the fight's off. Fury, being all about legacy, decides the best thing to do for his career is sign up again to fight the guy instead of getting his career (and ultimately his legacy) back on track.  

Amazing how poor Fury "gets the runaround" yet Amir Khan is apparently like a jilted ex waiting for Floyd and Manny when their circumstances are strikingly similar.

Not really. Fury signed to fight - twice - and went through umpteen training camps (without being paid).

Khan has merely pined after Floyd and Manny from afar.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jan 2016, 12:55 am

hazharrison wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Adam D wrote:

Fury decided against a fight with Pulev with the winner being granted mandatory status for Wlad in favour of taking his biggest ever payday against Haye.  Haye gets a cut and the fight's off. Fury, being all about legacy, decides the best thing to do for his career is sign up again to fight the guy instead of getting his career (and ultimately his legacy) back on track.  

Not really. Fury signed to fight - twice - and went through umpteen training camps (without being paid).

Just two training camps, why would he do numerous camps for two fights?
Anyway both Khan and Fury could have told their respective paramours to b*gger off and fought someone else instead but they wanted the big cash. Like we say, had Fury fought Haye, he'd have been annihilated and nowhere near the HW title picture, so maybe he should get on his knees and thank him instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 27 Jan 2016, 1:06 am

DAVE667 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Adam D wrote:

Just two training camps, why would he do numerous camps for two fights?
Anyway both Khan and Fury could have told their respective paramours to b*gger off and fought someone else instead but they wanted the big cash. Like we say, had Fury fought Haye, he'd have been annihilated and nowhere near the HW title picture, so maybe he should get on his knees and thank him instead.

Like who says? I don't think Haye would have annihilated Fury. He barely landed a shot on Valuev and Klitschko (two similar sized, less mobile heavyweights).

Fury set up various camps (in England and Belgium) and lost a lot of money (as did fans who'd forked out on accommodation etc.). Haye's pulled out of various fights now (Klitschko, Charr, Fury twice) - he has form.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next