The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

France vs Italy ticket prices

+5
whocares
mikey_dragon
yappysnap
Notch
Adam D
9 posters

Go down

France vs Italy ticket prices Empty France vs Italy ticket prices

Post by Adam D Tue 12 Jan 2016, 1:32 pm

Just thought I would share this with you all.

Last year I went to the Scotland vs Wales game at Murrayfield and forked out £80 odd quid for tickets up in the gods.

Going to Paris in early Feb and noticed that I was there the weekend of France vs Italy so decided to treat the family. Prices near the corner flag for 15 Euros each!

So I basically got 4 tickets for £45!

Granted its France vs Italy but really looking forward to it! It will be the first time my kids have been to such a large stadium and a rugby match. Great value - just hope the seats have a reasonable view (I appreciate they are in the worst position but from experience, in modern stadiums, pretty much all seats have a decent enough view).

Anyone been to the Stade?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

France vs Italy ticket prices Empty Re: France vs Italy ticket prices

Post by Notch Tue 12 Jan 2016, 1:45 pm

I'm very jealous Adam... thats going to be a great experience! I've never been to Stade de France, from what I know it's outside the city and well away from the tourist trail but the atmosphere inside the Stadium is superb.

France are having trouble encouraging their fans to turn out for matches like this given the absolute dross they've been serving up in recent years so it's no surprise to hear they're cutting prices!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 12 Jan 2016, 1:49 pm

Here is the ticket site (ran by the French rugby union so no third party tickethub type touts)

https://billetterie.ffr.fr/fr/meeting/1094/france-italie-2016/stade-de-france/06-02-2016/15h25

Only just bought the tickets, so hopefully I will get them within the next two weeks. I went for the North West corner.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 12 Jan 2016, 2:12 pm

That's great to hear. Sadly with the poor French form of the last few years and recent tragic events I imagine it's difficult to sell tickets to these games.

I hope you enjoy it, I've watched Italy a few times live (as they're always on the cheap side) and their games are usually fun.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 12 Jan 2016, 2:13 pm

Also I hope Itsly will be bang up for this game, they've turned France over a couple of times now so should plan to do it again.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 12 Jan 2016, 2:25 pm

Great city, and Stade is a great stadium with an amazing atmosphere. I'm a bit jealous too. I will have to get back out there next year for the Wales game!

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Tue 12 Jan 2016, 2:34 pm

to be honest tickets for france-England and france-Ireland sold out within a couple of weeks (also not helped by amateur clubs and FFR releasing less tickets to general public).

stade de france is easy to get to from central paris (chatelet is 10 minutes by RER) but need to be patient for the way back and better wait outside the stadium for 30 minutes before the bulk of the crowd disappears. also bring a proper jumper as if it's cold outside the stadium , it usually feels 5 deg c colder inside!

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 12 Jan 2016, 2:50 pm

Stade is a great stadium, as has been said it's a fair way out of the city but links are good. I would definitely hang around the sporting village (if have one for this game) for a while and wait for the big rush to die down, am pretty sure they will be screening the Scotland England game after as well.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 12 Jan 2016, 3:24 pm

I went to France v Scotland last year and agree that the Stade is an amazing stadium. The sight line are great and you will see fine wherever you are. When the French belt out the Marseilles, it will make the hairs on your neck stand up!

Only slight quibble was the price of beer at the ground, astronomical even by rugby ground standards but not much you can do about that unfortunately. If you are getting the tickets for that price, you can afford a few beers.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Mon 18 Jan 2016, 10:48 am

FFR advertising -40% reduction on cat3 tickets:
https://billetterie.ffr.fr/fr/meeting/1094/france-italie-2016/stade-de-france/06-02-2016/15h25?utm_source=EMAILING&utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=email_promo_italie_18janv2016&tkn=16-7i8n0M1V0F3h5R0o5i3h0haa5J7m0o281k1UeMukWiM=&token=916fc35d0018640a2a4dce4607fff1b5

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 18 Jan 2016, 12:17 pm

Wish those were on offer when I booked.

Good find

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Mon 18 Jan 2016, 1:12 pm

Have a great trip! When I went in 2012 they only served non alcoholic beer in the ground,so watch out...

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed 20 Jan 2016, 1:46 pm

The French can probably afford cheap tickets. I'm aware up until professionalism most French clubs let fans in for free, the reasoning being that more fans would spend more in the club shops and on food. It seems to be the way they do things over the pond.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down