The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 Nations ticket prices

5 posters

Go down

6 Nations ticket prices Empty 6 Nations ticket prices

Post by Pot Noodle Miner Mon 31 Oct 2011, 11:35 am

does anyone else think the ticket prices for Wales' home matches in the 6 nations are ridiculous, i dont know what the pricing is like for the other teams but i just dont understand how they can sell some tickets at £25 and for the same match but in a different part of the stadium tickets cost nearly £80, i've been to the stadium many times and have been sat in different areas and to be honest you have a pretty good view all round, surely it would make more sense to sell tickets between £40 - £55 rather than have such a big difference, its alot of money for just 80mins of Rugby you'd think if you paid almost £80 a ticket that the food and drink would be at reasonable prices yet im sure its something like £5 a pint and the cost of the food is just as bad

Pot Noodle Miner
Pot Noodle Miner

Back to top Go down

6 Nations ticket prices Empty Re: 6 Nations ticket prices

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 31 Oct 2011, 12:57 pm

You forget about the fact that all tickets are sold in advance exclusively by Ticketmaster, which means around a £9 service charge for every ticket. It is expensive, but I remember a few years ago I wanted to go out to Ireland to watch the Wales game and they were selling tickets at around £120 for one of the cheapest.

Food is bad at the MS but it is everywhere and you get the same tiered pricing to any event you want to go to, because people will pay that amount. It's just a shame that there's so many fair weather supporters at the MS

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclipse Mon 31 Oct 2011, 1:20 pm

Actually Ticketmaster only sell surplus tickets that the WRU member clubs don't take. As the ticket prices rise the number of tickets that Ticketmaster sell is increasing as more clubs cannot guarantee selling the more expensive tickets and don't take their full allocation for fear of losing money on the tickets.

Eclipse

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 31 Oct 2011, 4:34 pm

Actually the WRU used to give tickets to lots of different ticket sellers, but now if you don't know someone who can get club tickets then you have to go through Ticketmaster (at least until the day or 2 before the game and it's clear it won't sell out), and they charge even more on top again - whereas when you get tickets through ticketline for example there's usually only a £2 charge for tickets, and sometimes less.

The price of tickets is shocking, but the WRU don't care as they know drunk idiots will pay that price as an excuse for a p***up as they won't pay to go to another rugby game all year

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclipse Mon 31 Oct 2011, 5:31 pm

Agreed. The atmosphere is nowhere near what it was. It's not going to get better anytime soon. The prices will only fall if the stadium is not selling out and that won't happen. It's the same as a lot of sports these days where the average person on the street can't afford it any more and the people that go have little interest in the actual game. The number of people I see in £60 seats that spend most of the match at the bar or in the bog is unbelievable. Unfortunatley it's not going to change.

Eclipse

Back to top Go down

Post by tomhughesnice Mon 31 Oct 2011, 5:44 pm

From my experience, I have stopped buying the highest price tickets to the matches. As you are usually sitting with a bunch of people who got their tickets free through corporate ties. They usually show little interest or knowledge of the game, so there is very little atmosphere in these areas.

Buy the cheapest tickets and more often than not you'll be sitting with the real supporters. But you may get a few more p*ssed up louts.

tomhughesnice

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 31 Oct 2011, 7:20 pm

Sorry guys but I have said this for ages now, the WRU don't give a flying you know what about us real fans as they know they will get corporate/hospitality money.

Not withstanding the fact it will be a great day but why have they arranged this up coming fixture against the AUssies 2 weeks before Xmas and are charging £56 a pop FFS.

They on different planet.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down