The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best and Worst concerts you have ever been to.

+11
President Trump
davidl1061
LondonJonnyO
Grayditch
Dexter Morgan
AberdeenSteve
sharky066
Madrox
Davie
asdral225
Adam D
15 posters

Go down

The Best and Worst concerts you have ever been to. Empty The Best and Worst concerts you have ever been to.

Post by Adam D Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:33 pm

Best - Fish in 2010 in the Arches Glasgow - acoustic set for nearly 2.5 hours. Just keyboardist, 1 acoustic guitar and the 6"5 Scottish legend.

Worst - Chas N Dave - 1999 in Cottiers in Glasgow

Other notable mentions for great gigs:

1994 Marillion - Brave tour in the Wolfrun Wolverhampton
1990 They Might be Giants in Cardiff Uni
1999 Tom Jones Glasgow SECC
2008 Tenacious D - pick of Destiny tour - glasgow SECC

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Best and Worst concerts you have ever been to. Empty Re: The Best and Worst concerts you have ever been to.

Post by asdral225 Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:03 pm

Best Deep Purple Astoria Tottenham Court Road 2006
Iron Maiden Guildford Civic Hall early 80s
Gillan Guildford Civic Hall early 80s

Worst I was force to sit through a Westlife concert on TV once
asdral225
asdral225

Back to top Go down

The Best and Worst concerts you have ever been to. Empty Re: The Best and Worst concerts you have ever been to.

Post by Davie Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:14 pm

Too many to choose from for best- though Dream Theater at Wembley Arena would be right up there - also Rush back in the 90s

Worst was certainly Thin Lizzy just before they folded. Not only was big Phil in a bad way but the rest of the band must've been stoned out of their boxes too. A massive disappointment as it was one band I had waited years to see and they were a shadow of their former self. Leeds Queens Hall, must've been around '82

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Madrox Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:47 pm

Too many to list but absolutely loved seeing Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Iron Maiden et al however my personal favorite was a set played in Ibiza by Tiesto. It was insane!!

Worst was by far was Meat Loaf where he cancelled it whilst singing Paradise by The Dashboard Light, great show up until that point.

Madrox

Back to top Go down

Post by sharky066 Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:03 pm

Great gigs U2 joshua tree, Iron Maiden, UB40, Status Quo The fleadh in New York got many more
but the worst is Michael Jackson, Bad Tour

sharky066

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:28 pm

Best...

Green Day - Milton Keynes Bowl
Jimmy Eat World - Portsmouth Pyriamids
Matchbox Twenty - Wembley Arena

Worst...

Meatloaf - Wembley Arena
New Found Glory - Southampton Guildhall

Back to top Go down

Post by asdral225 Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:28 pm

A variation on a theme,the worst group I have seen is Lamb of God they supported Dio/Iommi/Butler/Appice three years ago at Wembley
They were pants the singer just growled
asdral225
asdral225

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:06 pm

Best support i have seen was Motion City Soundtrack at Wembley Arena when they supported Blink 182!

Back to top Go down

Post by sharky066 Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:13 pm

King Beer wrote:Best support i have seen was Motion City Soundtrack at Wembley Arena when they supported Blink 182!
The best supporting band for U2 was The Pogues Smile

sharky066

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:59 pm

Asdral, Lamb Of God are awesome! thumbsup

Best gig I've been too has to be Enter Shikari at the Aberdeen Music Hall. 100% the entire and to say I was knackered at the end would be a crazy understatement. Worst has to be Oasis cause I was forced to be there, Liam & Noel :spit:

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Morgan Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:27 pm

Best - Enter Shikari in 2006 back when they were relatively unknown, at a local venue they sold way too many tickets and the place was heaving only supposed to hold about 1000 people must have been at least 1500 people!

Worst - Razorlight at Leeds Fest 07, they headlined immediately after Kings of Leon (who were absolutely amazing) and everyone booed them throughout pretty much the whole hour and a half set

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Grayditch Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:17 pm

best ever:saw Collective Soul,Rasmus,Simple Plan,Seether and Metallica a few years back at Absa Stadium in Durban.All those bands on the same night playing at the Coca Cola Fest.Seether and Metallica were amazing.Havent reall been to any bad ones.

Grayditch

https://www.youtube.com/user/Grayditch?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:36 pm

I saw U2 at wembley in 97. They were useless!

Saw them again at the academy... brilliant!
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:47 pm

There have been a few good ones for me

Oasis at Heaton Park
Stevie Wonder at the MEN
I am Kloot at Academy 3 in Manchester

the worst would be the Enemy who were supporting Oasis and were absolutely awful

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:16 pm

Best:

Amon Amarth in the Academy last August, amazing show
Sepultura same venue as above last November, my favourite band of all time, not the orginal line up but epic
Slayer in the SFX back in the laste 90's, first time seeing them, intense is not the word plus I was locked thumbsup

Worst:

Megadeth in the SFX, got in for free with a mate, I never really liked them so I didnt know any of their songs plus I was sober....bad times

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:36 pm

I also forgot Earth Wind and Fire supported by the Brand new Heavies at the MEN in december, that was amazing

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:30 pm

The best:

Metallica 2009 - Manchester - front row and some awesome interaction with Het
Metallica 2009 - Birmingham - front row and again some cool interaction, this time with Kirk
The other 5 times I have seen Metallica (Reading 03, Earls Court 03, Download 04 & 06 and Wembley 07)
The 5 Fozzy gigs (Nottingham x3, Stoke and Manchester)

The worst:
This would have to go to support bands........
Korn (seen them about 3 times)
Slipknot
Machine Head (seen them like 4 times now)
The Sword

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Beckwar34 Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:12 pm

The best - Eminem @ The Milton Keynes Bowl, Arctic Monkeys @ Old Trafford, The Courteeners @ The M.E.N

Worst - Razorlight @ Radio 1 weekend Preston

Beckwar34

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:58 pm

Best: Chili Peppers at V Festival when we got front row, few feet away from the legend that is Dave Frusciante.
Foo Fighters at Leeds festival when they refused to stop playing and the organisers ended up turning off the electrics and dragging them off.
Damian Rice at the Apollo in Manchester on Valentines Day, perfect for wooing the Mrs.
Kings of Leon at MEN arena earlier this year, got to meet the support band the Whigs afterwards.
The Pixies, finally got to see one of my fave bands when they made a return a few years back
Muse, put on such a show.

Worst: Chili Peppers at MEN arena, everyone booed the support act which narked off the Chilis who then really werent up for the show.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleausardv2 Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:02 pm

I can't think of a "worst" at present but there have been several contenders for the best. Probably the one that springs to mind in recent times was Seth Lakeman at Buxton - brilliant live!
Bleausardv2
Bleausardv2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down