The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

+56
gazzyD
MrPoncho
RiscaGame
alfie
Scott is Back
Preacher
dyrewolfe
Mr Tom
Tattie Scones RRN
nadeem2099
hornbloweroafc
lostinwales
Geordie
hampo17
Y I Man
Adam D
SecretFly
bluestonevedder
profitius
lfc91
Holymiky
ShahenshahG
kingraf
The Beast
Alistair
TRUSSMAN66
Atila
Luke
GSC
JDizzle
Breadvan
Ent
dummy_half
Azzy
wisden
seanmichaels
mikey_dragon
Galted
Dolphin Ziggler
guildfordbat
rIck_dAgless
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Steffan
Bull
Mr Bounce
superflyweight
Mind the windows Tino.
compelling and rich
westisbest
Rowley
Derbymanc
Mad for Chelsea
Hero
Hammersmith harrier
Stella
President Trump
60 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 11 Empty The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by President Trump Tue 10 Nov 2015, 10:23 am

First topic message reminder :

I watch two films over the last few days

Seventh Son: Absolute tosh, it felt like a bad D&D film from SyFy

The Wedding Ringer: It was a fun movie, predictable but fun, "Who the hell are these guys, it's like the Goonies grew up and became r@pists" Laugh

President Trump

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by Galted Wed 13 Jul 2016, 10:45 pm

kingraf wrote:Gods of Egypt:
F.uck the actors
F.uck the director
F.uck the Screenwriter
F.uck the marketing team
F.uck the producers
F.uck them all.

What an unspeakably bad film. And I'm saying this having Watched XMen Apocalypse. So So So poor.

Wouldn'Muppet/10

Laugh

Saw the trailer, figured I'd wait for it to be shown on TV and give it a miss.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 14 Jul 2016, 9:12 am

gazzyD wrote:Despite my stance that I wouldn't watch this, I went to see the new Ghostbusters last night. I expected to not like it but thought there would be some redeeming features.....there weren't

I will say a lot of people owe apologies to the four women though, they came in for a lot of criticism since it first got announced, and I can honestly say they were not the problem with this movie, Paul Feig was. This has to be the laziest and one of the poorest scripts I have ever seen in a film. Poor jokes throughout. I genuinely cringed at Leslie Jones, who was so typecast as a generic black character. One saving grace probably would be Chris Hemsworth but his character got tired fast

Where the original still gets quoted today, I can't say 30 years from now anybody will remember this. I think with a good script, the girls have enough chemistry that they could make it work, just need the right tools to do the job

1/5

The best thing I can say about it is that it wasn't as terrible as the first trailer but still wasn't very good. The cameos by the original cast just made it feel like a poor rip off and would have been better served to go all out on its own instead of harking back to the past every other minute. The Leslie Jones comment 'is it because i'm black' was the moment I gave up on the film and realised it was going for nothing other than cheap monotonous jokes.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 14 Jul 2016, 1:39 pm

Galted wrote:
kingraf wrote:Gods of Egypt:
F.uck the actors
F.uck the director
F.uck the Screenwriter
F.uck the marketing team
F.uck the producers
F.uck them all.

What an unspeakably bad film. And I'm saying this having Watched XMen Apocalypse. So So So poor.

Wouldn'Muppet/10

Laugh

Saw the trailer, figured I'd wait for it to be shown on TV and give it a miss.

My rating was a much stronger rant than Wouldn'tMuppet/10. F.ucking swear filter
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 14 Jul 2016, 2:17 pm

Are some of you lads just resisting the notion that you've finally become real breathing mature men and actually think all these X-Men, super-hero, mindless action, crap Marvel Franchise junk movies are now All shyte?

Stop resisting. Wink  You're now becoming boring auld men. You are kids no longer.  Junk is junk.  Your brains have been rewired to now recognise the fact.  Time for Shakespeare.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 14 Jul 2016, 2:30 pm

Yeah but the consensus seemed to enjoy Captain America, which renders that theory obsolete.

The shocking alternative could just be that Apocalypse was a poor movie
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 14 Jul 2016, 2:44 pm

Nah...it's all junk to me, Kingraf.  Some of it watchable just to have sound in a corner as you work on your laptop.... but maybe that's just because I might be further down the 'maturity' time profile than others.  Whistle

For me, I cry at the billions wasted each year on movie dross and comic-book super-hero serials/sequels.  They've become a virus and keep real movie makers (with the stories and great scripts and wonderful acting) too often on the shelves of 'Never-made'.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 14 Jul 2016, 2:47 pm

SecretFly wrote:Are some of you lads just resisting the notion that you've finally become real breathing mature men and actually think all these X-Men, super-hero, mindless action, crap Marvel Franchise junk movies are now All shyte?

Stop resisting. Wink  You're now becoming boring auld men. You are kids no longer.  Junk is junk.  Your brains have been rewired to now recognise the fact.  Time for Shakespeare.

They are all sh*te, even musicals are less crap than superhero movies.

Films that are blessed with a large budget and not much else should be filled with dinosaurs. And not sh*tty little velociraptors either but huge t-rexes and allosauruses.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 14 Jul 2016, 3:05 pm

Right on, Galted!!!.... with Jaws music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 14 Jul 2016, 3:29 pm

Damn correct, SecretFly.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 14 Jul 2016, 4:04 pm

SecretFly wrote:Nah...it's all junk to me, Kingraf.  Some of it watchable just to have sound in a corner as you work on your laptop.... but maybe that's just because I might be further down the 'maturity' time profile than others.  Whistle

For me, I cry at the billions wasted each year on movie dross and comic-book super-hero serials/sequels.  They've become a virus and keep real movie makers (with the stories and great scripts and wonderful acting) too often on the shelves of 'Never-made'.

If these ideas are from the people who brought us The Martian, Revenant, and that weird George Clooney movie where he's just in space for the duration of like three hours, then long may their ideas remain in development hell
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 14 Jul 2016, 8:58 pm

laughing

Well, yes...but there you go - those movies DID get made, so they're not the movies I'm on about, which are still on those damn shelves.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 14 Jul 2016, 9:28 pm

kingraf wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Nah...it's all junk to me, Kingraf.  Some of it watchable just to have sound in a corner as you work on your laptop.... but maybe that's just because I might be further down the 'maturity' time profile than others.  Whistle

If these ideas are from the people who brought us The Martian, Revenant, and that weird George Clooney movie where he's just in space for the duration of like three hours, then long may their ideas remain in development hell

In the past twelve months i've been to the cinema 47 times (Cineworlds unlimited card is a great idea) and in that time Deadpool and Captain America are the most enjoyable films i've seen. The Martian, Spotlight and Bridge of Spies were also brilliant but to suggest that comic book films are a virus is a bit silly.

The Revenant which was revered as an acting masterclass and directorial brilliance bored the hell out of me and is a film I will not be watching again whereas Nice Guys I would.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 14 Jul 2016, 9:41 pm

SecretFly wrote:laughing

Well, yes...but there you go - those movies DID get made, so they're not the movies I'm on about, which are still on those damn shelves.

Look fly, I'm really sorry these films neither of us will ever know are not going to be made, but it's hardly Marvel's fault. The Superhero format wasn't always this successful
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs8rFsmhNTc

As The Bible says, to everything there is a season. Or something like that
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 14 Jul 2016, 9:49 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
kingraf wrote:

In the past twelve months i've been to the cinema 47 times (Cineworlds unlimited card is a great idea) and in that time Deadpool and Captain America are the most enjoyable films i've seen. The Martian, Spotlight and Bridge of Spies were also brilliant but to suggest that comic book films are a virus is a bit silly.

The Revenant which was revered as an acting masterclass and directorial brilliance bored the hell out of me and is a film I will not be watching again whereas Nice Guys I would.

Captain America is probably the best film I've watched this year. Having been annoyed to no by Andrew Garfield's Spiderman, I thought he was brilliantly used here and funny. The entire fight scene was funny, and well choreographed. The ending was a brilliant twist as well. I was quite peeved after Ultron, which I thought was a nothing film (even more annoyed by people who tried to justify it's nothingness by saying it was a placeholder/filler film - If it's just a filler than Fu.cking charge me like it's just a filler!) But a lot of the seeds planted there came to fruition very well.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 14 Jul 2016, 10:24 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote: to suggest that comic book films are a virus is a bit silly.

The opinions of Fly are his own opinions and not meant to reflect the views of anybody else but him... and no animals are injured when he gives them Wink

Like I've already said, I don't mind the odd comic-book style movie.  But personally, 26 or so years of them now in their many guises (since the probably first of the modern versions in Tim Burton's first Batman - incidentally one that I watched eagerly as a young college student) - I've had my personal fill.  
I'd like a new genre - or old one - to now become the torch bearer of popularity for a decade or so.  But I fully realise and accept that cinema has really become a very different beast and now operates under different conditions with Franchises being the most heavily funded projects.

It was just an little observation I've made public in response to kingraf's expletive driven humour-post about Gods of Egypt some time back.  Enjoy your movies guys, whatever they are. OK

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 14 Jul 2016, 10:45 pm

Deadpool is the best film ive seen this year.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 17 Jul 2016, 7:34 am

SecretFly wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote: to suggest that comic book films are a virus is a bit silly.

The opinions of Fly are his own opinions and not meant to reflect the views of anybody else but him... and no animals are injured when he gives them Wink

Like I've already said, I don't mind the odd comic-book style movie.  But personally, 26 or so years of them now in their many guises (since the probably first of the modern versions in Tim Burton's first Batman - incidentally one that I watched eagerly as a young college student) - I've had my personal fill.  
I'd like a new genre - or old one - to now become the torch bearer of popularity for a decade or so.  But I fully realise and accept that cinema has really become a very different beast and now operates under different conditions with Franchises being the most heavily funded projects.

It was just an little observation I've made public in response to kingraf's expletive driven humour-post about Gods of Egypt some time back.  Enjoy your movies guys, whatever they are. OK

Sir, nail on head, I wouldn't say Marvel films are awful however (to me) are very much alike and like you I have stopped watching. Yes sometimes I like to switch my brain off and watch something dumb but over the next 5 years there will be around 20 more Superheroes movies, whilst films such as Room, Whiplash, Siver Linings Playbook, Brooklyn or anything where the narrative is not spoon fed to the audience are largely ignored by the masses and are no longer made, sad times.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 18 Jul 2016, 11:40 pm

The missus dragged me along to see the new Ghostbusters tonight, despite all my moaning, threats and excuses. Hate to admit it but it's nowhere near as sh*t as I hoped it would be. Funny moments are few and far between (which isn't different from the original) but it moved along at a decent pace and was fairly entertaining, possibly because we saw it in 3D which is still a novelty to me. One huge plus for the new version over the old one is that there's a lot less of Bill Murray.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 02 Aug 2016, 10:06 am

Escape Plan (I think) with Arnie and Sly, pretty good take your brain out material but am sure Arnie's acting gets worse and worse.

Warcraft - Had high hopes for this but it was very slow and seemed an age to actually get anywhere, got a feeling it's gonna be a long series but would think in this day and age it's more suited to the gogglebox

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 02 Aug 2016, 12:41 pm

Finally got round to seeing a couple of films I'd been meaning to watch for a while.

Interstellar.

I thought it was a good film, albeit a little self-indulgent at times. The science is mostly very sound: depictions of worm holes and the theory behind them, how the gravity of a black hole affects time, relativity, the event horizon of a black hole, etc. though obviously there's a fair amount of creative licence being applied too
Spoiler:

Really enjoyed some of the world building that goes on too in the earlier part of the film.
Spoiler:
Small touches like those I thought were very good, and helped weave the story seamlessly. Also really liked Matt Damon's character, and the issues it dealt with.

OK, could have done with being a bit shorter, but overall a really interesting film I thought. As a science buff myself, it was very nice to see a real effort being made to get the science right in a sci-fi movie (far superior to Gravity for instance). Solid 8/10 from me.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

More of a mixed bag this one. First off I watched the extended edition, which is meant to be superior. I didn't think it was terrible, but felt it tried to deal with far too many things at once.
Plot lines:

So basically, a film that tried to be too many things: a Superman film, a Batman (origins?) film, and a set-up to a future Justice League film. Elements of it are good, even excellent. The fight scenes are much improved from MoS, being far less overblown and dedicating more running time to the actual plot(s). But really, it could have comfortably been made into two separate films, which would have made it much better IMO. Middling 6/10.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Aug 2016, 9:36 pm

Just seen Bourne. Very disappointing, thoroughly boring & unoriginal, which was a shame. Time to call it a day

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2016, 12:19 pm

Just watching "Bone Tomahawk". Only about an hour in but very enjoyable thus far. Kind of a horror/Western with Kurt Russell still sprouting the kind of impressive facial hair he had in Tombstone and Hateful Eight (worth it just for the 'tache)

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 03 Aug 2016, 1:08 pm

Aftershock - above par disaster horror film

9/10 for accurate titling
7/10 for the michaels t!ts and violence scale lots of violence but not even side boob
7.5 overall

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2016, 1:11 pm

Even Bone Tomahawk as (admittedly unimpressive) boobage. It's the slutty Amish girl from "Banshee" (if anyone's ever seen it)

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 03 Aug 2016, 1:55 pm

To be fair "bone tomahawk" sounds like a euphemism anyway

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2016, 2:59 pm

rick_dagless wrote:To be fair "bone tomahawk" sounds like a euphemism anyway
If I'm honest Rick, I was a tad disappointed when I found out it was a bloody western but it seems to be ok despite this

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 03 Aug 2016, 4:11 pm

Midnight In Paris

I'm not a massive fan of Woody Allen, or Owen Wilson for that matter, but loved this film.

Gotta give it an 8/10
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 03 Aug 2016, 4:17 pm

I have watched the following over the last fortnight

MI: Rogue Nation - 8/10 (this is how the Bond franchise should try and work)

Spectre - 5/10 - Humdrum Bond movie.

Rounders - 9/10 - best poker film ever made

Vacation - 7/10 - surprisingly funny remake of the Chevy Chase classic

Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse - surprisingly decent effort. Whilst no Oscar winner, didnt think of fast forwarding once. Good quality action.

A Knights Tale - 10/10 - no matter how many times I have seen this, it rates as one of my favourites. Good family entertainment.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 03 Aug 2016, 4:43 pm

Adam D wrote:I have watched the following over the last fortnight

Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse - surprisingly decent effort. Whilst no Oscar winner, didnt think of fast forwarding once. Good quality action.

A Knights Tale - 10/10 - no matter how many times I have seen this, it rates as one of my favourites. Good family entertainment.

I had the (mis)pleasure of watching this the other night, the scene with old man zombie and the trampoline is something that has to be seen.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 03 Aug 2016, 4:44 pm

I'll ignore the plethora of wrong headed statements and focus on the item in bold. The Cincinnati Kid is the best poker film ever made and by some distance.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 03 Aug 2016, 5:10 pm

superflyweight wrote:

I'll ignore the plethora of wrong headed statements and focus on the item in bold.  The Cincinnati Kid is the best poker film ever made and by some distance.  

havent seen the cincinnati kid, but id take the sting over rounders

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2016, 5:13 pm

compelling and rich wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

I'll ignore the plethora of wrong headed statements and focus on the item in bold.  The Cincinnati Kid is the best poker film ever made and by some distance.  

Mississpippi Grind isn't a bad film at all.

BTW, for me, saying "best Poker film ever" is like saying "best Snakes and Ladders film ever"

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 03 Aug 2016, 9:21 pm

compelling and rich wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Is the Sting a poker film? Great film but I wouldn't necessarily think of it as a film about poker.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 03 Aug 2016, 9:33 pm

Think a few people are forgetting about the Mel Gibson classic Maverick.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 03 Aug 2016, 9:43 pm

Rounders is regarded by quite a few poker pros as the most accurate (and best) poker film.I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 04 Aug 2016, 10:42 am

6 bullets - another new JCVD film. This actually ain't half bad even if it's a small time film like taken. worth a punt if your bored.

Lionheart - love these films proper sit on auto pilot and watch, in the same vein as Blood and Bone and pretty much the same film.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 04 Aug 2016, 10:45 am

Lionheart. Not the Van Damme one?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Aug 2016, 11:03 am

Rowley wrote:Think a few people are forgetting about the Mel Gibson classic Maverick.
With good reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 04 Aug 2016, 11:07 am

I quite like Maverick. I much preferred The Sting, though as mentioned, it's not really a 'poker' film.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Aug 2016, 11:12 am

I watched a poker film this morning...the lady kept weeing on her sofa as a result. Very odd behavior.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 04 Aug 2016, 11:14 am

No need to flush at least!
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 04 Aug 2016, 11:17 am

superflyweight wrote:

With you on A Knight's Tale. Never going to be on the lists of best films ever but really well put together and a lot of fun. First saw it on a flight and liked it enough to immediately drag the wife to see it at the cinema when I got back home.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Aug 2016, 11:26 am

But it must cost her a fortune in Kitchen towels and disinfectant wipes which, being so harsh will undoubtedly spoil the leather on her couch

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 04 Aug 2016, 10:06 pm

Barry Lyndon
One of the few Kubrick films that's not rampantly overhyped, have enjoyed it each time I've watched it and this was no exception though I did notice, this time, how uncomplicated the plot is for a work of fiction.
7/10

Of interest to michaels, there's a fair bit of cleavage but no w*nk material and to SerialDAVE, it's easily the best film I can think of with the initials B.L.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 04 Aug 2016, 10:42 pm

you got me thinking of films with intials B.L other than the obvious one your referring to, so far only got

battle: los angles
bourne legacy
book of life

even then thats ignoring couple of "the"

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 04 Aug 2016, 11:07 pm

Struggling to think of others too, though I'm sure there must be at least one sitter.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 05 Aug 2016, 9:55 am

Stella wrote:Lionheart. Not the Van Damme one?

That's the one Stella, proper bit of nostalgia for me ha ha

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2016, 10:08 am

Electric Booga Loo?

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Fri 05 Aug 2016, 10:27 am

Derbymanc wrote:

It was called AWOL when it first came out. One of Van Damme's best.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2016, 10:48 am

Stella wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:

It was called AWOL when it first came out. One of Van Damme's best.
No, it's rubbish however, it contains my favourite Van Damme lines. He's talking to his brother's widow and talks about his brother's mental weaknesses or something like that saying "He wasn't enough strong..." I often wonder how many times he got that line wrong before the director said "Aww f*ck it, let's just go with that one!"

Van Damme's movies were/are (in)famous for showing the same move three or four times from different angles to make it look like he's all-action, usually a spinning back kick. Bloody hate Van Damme, he's rubbish. There's a similar sort of underground fighting movie with Michael Jai White called "Blood and Bone" which, whilst still average, it better than anything Van Damme's done. In fact, "Damage" with Stone Cold Steve Austin is better than anything Van Damme's ever done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next